Mini 745 - Moving Day Mafia (GAME OVER!)

raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:41 am

Post by raider8169 »

Top of page 27 vote count:

Porkens 2 (Erratus Apathos, ac1983fan)
ac1983fan 2 (don_johnson, Sotty7)
Zer0ph34r 1 (Porkens)
Jazzmyn 1 (Looker)
Looker 1 (Herodotus)

Not voting: Jazzmyn, Zer0ph34r

With 9 still packing it takes 5 to lynch.

Note: this vote count should be accurate as of this post.

Prods: ac1983fan, Jazzmyn

Still looking for a replacement for EA.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:22 am

Post by don_johnson »

v/la until tuesday 3/31
hopefully we'll have our replacement by then.

Noted and getting replacements for people seems to be rough right now.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:34 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Zer0ph34r Post 646 wrote:What/who is SK, Sotty? But I do have high suspicion of ac, but like pretty much every other time in the past, I have made the mistake of voting for the person I find most suspicious. [BTW, I've never lynched a mafia member in all of my 5 games, so that sucks.] I wanna go with my instincts, but I want to be 99% sure first.
Hero is right, SK stands for Serial Killer, a role which Ac has claimed. Do you understand Hero's plan about the SK claiming and the scum countering him?

What makes you suspicious of Ac?
Porkens Post 648 wrote:If you're nor sure, what's the other idea you have floating around in your head to make you unsure?
Ah. Well, he could be a cop of varying sanity. He could be scum lying. Or he just could be really confused over his role. Basically there seems to be a lot of choices of what he could be, saying there is two cops for the two different fractions is an idea I wanted out there. But by no means am I 100% on it.
Herodotus Post 649 wrote:
Looker wrote:well thanks, now I feel dumb! but yeah...let's see, i think...YOU'RE scummy...you, the one reading this post...

you mull that over while i give the thread a THOROUGH lookin over
I've mulled it over and decided it's something scum would say.
vote: Looker
Looker would be the only other person I would be slightly willing to lynch today (bearing anything major coming up) I found Tov scummy and Looker hasn't helped that at all so far today.

Porkens, could you reply to this please?
Sotty7 Post 642 wrote:
Porkens Post 610 wrote:
Herod wrote: I'm finding Don is asking/suggesting seemingly innocuous questions to which the scum would want to know the answers more than the town would. If Zero is telling the truth, I don't see what information we can derive from his selection, but the scum might figure he'll try the same target again. If he's lying, I don't know whether stating a particular target would likely help us to figure that out (though I suppose it might.)
I could be wrong about the usefulness of knowing his selection, and I also don't yet know Don's motive. Just pointing this out.
I, personally, wanted him to answer to see if he continued to make absolutely no sense at all.

He didn't disappoint.
So making no sense = scum to you? Do you really think a scum would make this kinda play right now, especially seeing that no one was actively looking in his direction. I had asked him to actually participate in the convo, but no one was making cases on him.

It just screams confused/out of depth townie to me.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

What makes me suspicious of him was that he claimed to be a serial killer. Obviously, he could be telling the truth, but honestly, the fact that he claimed at exactly the point that he should've makes me worry. Because in all of my games so far, no one has ever done what I wanted them to do without telling them. I know that seems like a lame reason, but in a sense, I find him suspicious because he's "too pro-town" I guess you could say, but that's a reason why I am so hesitant to vote for him.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Ac has been anything
but
"too pro town"...
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Jazzmyn »

I've been thinking about the possibility of a town RB claiming, as has been suggested, and although I understand the arguments both in favour of it and against it, on balance, I think that it's better that the RB not claim (if we have one). We don't know if we have a doctor to protect him and we don't know if the scum have a RB as well, which, if they do and if we do not have a doctor, could just negate the town RB's ability and also open him up to being NKed by scum.
Zer0ph34r wrote:in a sense, I find him suspicious because he's "too pro-town" I guess you could say, but that's a reason why I am so hesitant to vote for him.
A serial killer is anti-town, by definition. His win condition is to kill everyone but himself.

I hope that the mod finds a replacement for Erratus soon. It seems we're at a bit of a standstill until we have a full complement of players.

Regards,
Jazz
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Porkens »

Scotty wrote: Porkens, respond plox:

So making no sense = scum to you?
Do you really think a scum would make this kinda play right now, especially seeing that no one was actively looking in his direction
. I had asked him to actually participate in the convo, but no one was making cases on him.

Bold is a WIFOM defense. But I'll bite; yes. So far, in all his games, Zer0 has claimed scum (according to his infamous, self-written, wiki) even though he was town. In this game he claims cop. His is a meta which I believe is consciously motivated and built.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Oh, I was sure that serial killer was pro-town, but his main goal was to keep himself alive. Okay, well that changes things.

Actually Porkens, I claimed to be scum in I believe 3 of my 5 games and yes, none of which I was scum. And the reason I'm not claiming to be scum in this game is because I couldn't deal with the fools in my other games.
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Herodotus »

I've been thinking about the possibility of a town RB claiming, as has been suggested, and although I understand the arguments both in favour of it and against it, on balance, I think that it's better that the RB not claim (if we have one). We don't know if we have a doctor to protect him and we don't know if the scum have a RB as well, which, if they do and if we do not have a doctor, could just negate the town RB's ability and also open him up to being NKed by scum.
I may not be 100% with you on the details, but I agree with the sentiment.
Porkens wrote:
Scotty wrote: Porkens, respond plox:

So making no sense = scum to you?
Do you really think a scum would make this kinda play right now, especially seeing that no one was actively looking in his direction
. I had asked him to actually participate in the convo, but no one was making cases on him.

Bold is a WIFOM defense. But I'll bite; yes. So far, in all his games, Zer0 has claimed scum (according to his infamous, self-written, wiki) even though he was town. In this game he claims cop. His is a meta which I believe is consciously motivated and built.
WIFOM isn't automatically false. For instance, suppose you're in a 3-player LYLO with one vote, and the third player doesn't hammer. WIFOM correctly suggests that person is town-sided.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by Porkens »

I didn't say it was false.

I'm astounded by the weird shit some of you are comming up with. AC is too "pro-town"?!

Serial Killer is a town role?

jesus...
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

I made a simple mistake. We all do.
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:58 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Zer0ph34r wrote:Oh, I was sure that serial killer was pro-town, but his main goal was to keep himself alive. Okay, well that changes things.

Actually Porkens, I claimed to be scum in I believe 3 of my 5 games and yes, none of which I was scum. And the reason I'm not claiming to be scum in this game is because I couldn't deal with the fools in my other games.
Your posts make my head hurt. Claiming to be scum when you're town is ridiculously bad play. Blaming it on others is even worse. Now, you're claiming to be a cop in this game, even though we know for sure that we have a dead cop. Have you ever claimed to be a cop in any of your other games?

Regards,
Jazz
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:59 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Jazzmyn Post 655 wrote:I've been thinking about the possibility of a town RB claiming, as has been suggested, and although I understand the arguments both in favour of it and against it, on balance, I think that it's better that the RB not claim (if we have one). We don't know if we have a doctor to protect him and we don't know if the scum have a RB as well, which, if they do and if we do not have a doctor, could just negate the town RB's ability and also open him up to being NKed by scum.
Why bring this up if you don't want the RB (if we have one) to claim?
Zer0ph34r Post 657 wrote:Actually Porkens, I claimed to be scum in I believe 3 of my 5 games and yes, none of which I was scum. And the reason I'm not claiming to be scum in this game is because I couldn't deal with the fools in my other games.
Fools? You didn't even know an SK was anti town. The wiki is your friend. Really.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Looker »

::Gasp:: Herodotus how dare you! Yea, but anyway, will come up with something nice, pleasant, and fat to give you soon.

MY PARENTS ARE HERE! YAY!
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Yes, I claimed to be a cop in my last game, which I was. I claimed to be mafia because I hated the people in my game, I know it wasn't a good idea, but I wanted them to lose. And how do my posts make your head hurt?

Sotty, they were fools in a sense that they lynched the wrong people when it was obvious and lost the game because of it.
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:53 am

Post by don_johnson »

Sotty7 wrote:
Jazzmyn Post 655 wrote:I've been thinking about the possibility of a town RB claiming, as has been suggested, and although I understand the arguments both in favour of it and against it, on balance, I think that it's better that the RB not claim (if we have one). We don't know if we have a doctor to protect him and we don't know if the scum have a RB as well, which, if they do and if we do not have a doctor, could just negate the town RB's ability and also open him up to being NKed by scum.
^^^^^^^ kind of a bizzaro question, no? i think its obvious that jazz is stating her opinion of an ongoing discussion. this is the knind of question scum post to make it look like they're contributing. let's make it intersting. if people don't want to lynch the claimed sk then:

unvote, vote sotty7
rereading zeenon gave me mixed feelings. they spent the majority of the day defending K7(referring to them as townie quite a bit), never really built a case on anyone else, but ended up voting K7 anyway. odd. now you're posting fluff.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

vote: ac1983fan

Despite my dislike for Sotty and agreement with don in the sense that he's now posting fluff, he made a good point in the fact that if he is a serial killer, we should lynch him.
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

vote: ac1983fan

woops, sorry
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Sotty7 »

don_johnson Post 655 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
^^^^^^^ kind of a bizzaro question, no? i think its obvious that jazz is stating her opinion of an ongoing discussion. this is the knind of question scum post to make it look like they're contributing. let's make it intersting. if people don't want to lynch the claimed sk then:

unvote, vote sotty7
rereading zeenon gave me mixed feelings. they spent the majority of the day defending K7(referring to them as townie quite a bit), never really built a case on anyone else, but ended up voting K7 anyway. odd. now you're posting fluff.
Errr...

I asked because she didn't add anything to the discusion. It felt like role fishing to me because she brought up the idea of the RB claiming and yet decides against it. Why even comment in such an elaborate way? If anything
she
was posting fluff and not adding anything new. That's what scum post to look like they are adding to the discussion when they clearly aren't.

Anyway, I wanted her reasoning. Not yours.

It's not fluff.
Zer0ph34r Post 666 wrote:vote: ac1983fan

Despite my dislike for Sotty and agreement with don in the sense that he's now posting fluff, he made a good point in the fact that if he is a serial killer, we should lynch him.
*Sigh*

What dislike?

What fluff?

Elborate please...
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Don't know why I was prodded, as I posted in this thread that I would be V/LA until today.... I'll read up this evening.

Yeah, I remembered after I sent it, my bad.
Not a dayvig.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:35 am

Post by ac1983fan »

unvote

Alright, here's my New Deal®:
I have realized that I will probably not win this game. I will definitely not win if I get lynched today. However, I have come up with a plan that will help the town, hurt the mafia, and give me a very small chance of winning.
A)We will not lynch me today
B)I will do a popular vote to determine my nightkill. Everyone can vote like this:
AC:<name>
, with name being the name of the player you want me to target for a kill
C)I will kill whoever gets the highest number of votes. Votes by dead scum will not count.
D)Unless the game reaches a point where the town cannot win, I will assist the town in victory over the mafia, because I would much rather see the town win than the mafia.
E)If it comes to a point were the town can no longer win, however, I would like it if all townsided roles helped me to win against the mafia.

So what do y'all think?
Not a dayvig.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

My dislike for you is mainly and pretty much only because no matter what I say or do, you seem to have some beef with me. And the fluff is that he has not really posted anything involving what is happening with the game and just what he thinks, which is good, but not enough.

You killing whoever has the most votes is assuming that you don't get lynched right? Because I don't think serial killers can kill if they're dead.
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

Zer0ph34r wrote: I don't think serial killers can kill if they're dead.
Yeah, Zer0's totally right about this. Good catch, man. I think that pretty much debunks AC's "plan"
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Sotty7 wrote:Why bring this up if you don't want the RB (if we have one) to claim?
Huh? I was commenting on the issue because it had been raised and there were differing opinions on it. I thought about it and added my opinion.
don_johnson Post 655 wrote:this is the knind of question scum post to make it look like they're contributing.
That's a good point. I hadn't been feeling a scum-vibe from Sotty, but it sure is an odd question considering the context, and I should probably do a re-read of him and his predecessor soon.
Sotty7 wrote:I asked because she didn't add anything to the discusion. It felt like role fishing to me because she brought up the idea of the RB claiming and yet decides against it.
Now, this is just silly. I added my opinion to the discussion because the issue was up for discussion. I didn't "bring up the idea" - I added my opinion on a matter that had been raised. And how do you get "role fishing" from that, when it is actually the exact opposite?
Sotty7 wrote:Why even comment in such an elaborate way? If anything
she
was posting fluff and not adding anything new. That's what scum post to look like they are adding to the discussion when they clearly aren't.
Since when is offering one's thought process in a clear and transparent manner "elaborate" or "fluff"? Since when is offering one's opinion on an issue that is under discussion scummy?

Regards,
Jazz
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

ac1983fan wrote:
unvote

Alright, here's my New Deal®:
I have realized that I will probably not win this game. I will definitely not win if I get lynched today. However, I have come up with a plan that will help the town, hurt the mafia, and give me a very small chance of winning.
A)We will not lynch me today
B)I will do a popular vote to determine my nightkill. Everyone can vote like this:
AC:<name>
, with name being the name of the player you want me to target for a kill
C)I will kill whoever gets the highest number of votes. Votes by dead scum will not count.
D)Unless the game reaches a point where the town cannot win, I will assist the town in victory over the mafia, because I would much rather see the town win than the mafia.
E)If it comes to a point were the town can no longer win, however, I would like it if all townsided roles helped me to win against the mafia.

So what do y'all think?
Hmm. I'll have to think about it, particularly since you've already said that you will act in your own best interests, not those of the town. So, I'm not sure why we should believe you now that you will do otherwise.

Regards,
Jazz

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”