War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:16 am

Post by q21 »

Kinetic wrote: The most active players in the game are such:

DGB, pop, Xyl, myself, rofl, nuwen, ABR, Julz (to an extent)
Also, just remembered this, I've posted more than Juls and almost as much as Nuwen. :evil:
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:27 am

Post by q21 »

Kinetic wrote:I plan on killing Julz at 8:30 when my hurt renews. How about healing me instead since I have 6 damage?

:-D
How long until 8:30 your time?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:33 am

Post by The Fonz »

@Again- if a significant faction want someone dead, they die eventually. If you want to survive, what you need to do is rally support for killing roflcopter. Having your supporters heal you whilst Rofl etc kill you WILL JUST STALL THE GAME WHILST RAGE ACCUMULATES. For like the zillionth time.

That my plan is scum-favoring is the biggest pile of horseshit i've ever heard. Your plan was scum-favoring.

I mean, I strongly feel Juls is town. But if a significant faction want her dead, she's going to die sooner rather than later. If I try to heal her, rather than
getting on with scumhunting,
the town will lose.

Obviously, dealing out hurts left right and centre, rather than isolating one suspect, building a case, then hurting to death is mega scummy.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
But if 3 bumbling idiots think I'm scum, then hell yeah, its on. I'm gonna bring the scum crashing.
I kinda like the symmetry of both Kinetic and ABR complaining that they're in the firing line due to a handful of people being convinced they're scum.
Albert B. Rampage wrote: Intent to hurt is negated by Intent to heal, so if there are more people who WANT to heal me, you can't hurt me.
Hmmm. So now a little bit of Xyl's system, is it? It seems to me, Albert, you seem to be appropriating, and advocating, whichever part of whichever system seems most likely to keep you alive.

I'm not going to be participating in this ABR/rofl vs Kinetic etc faction battle. At least, not immediately. The reason for this is:

Nuwen killed off an obvtown for the spurious reason of 'getting information on Rofl's alignment.' Comes up town, conveniently giving him and his scumbuddies excuse to go after the other town seraph. Sacrifice move? Rofl dies, comes up town, he starts killracing, using rage dumps to finish off people.

At present, I think Nuwen, q21, and Zwet are scum.
Albert B. Rampage wrote: 3) Firestarter fine, replace with Fonz. Fonz endorses killing you.
?
WHAT!?
Kinetic wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yeah I call for a ceasefire to do a complete re-read.
Can I maybe get some heals then... I really don't like being so perilously close to dying...

NO!!! Survival instinct ftl! (if town).
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:46 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hmmm... re-read shows one actually-significant thing done by q21 is hurting zwet. Rethink.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:49 am

Post by Kinetic »

The Fonz wrote:@Again- if a significant faction want someone dead, they die eventually. If you want to survive, what you need to do is rally support for killing roflcopter. Having your supporters heal you whilst Rofl etc kill you WILL JUST STALL THE GAME WHILST RAGE ACCUMULATES. For like the zillionth time.

That my plan is scum-favoring is the biggest pile of horseshit i've ever heard. Your plan was scum-favoring.
Both plans could potentially favor scum.

Your plan is more likely to cause a significant portion of the town to be hurt at the same time which I fear is a MUCH bigger threat to town because each rage point has more impact.

The conserve hurts and concentrate fire plan has the potential to take a little time, thus allowing a few more rage points to accumulate, however each rage point is reduced in power since in order to kill someone a larger amount of them would be needed to kill.

Thus, I've been sort of Angling for something a little middle of the road:

Concentrate fire, so we don't have a large amount of the town low, through a consensus, but not take a long time to decide this. [/quote]
The Fonz wrote:I mean, I strongly feel Juls is town. But if a significant faction want her dead, she's going to die sooner rather than later. If I try to heal her, rather than
getting on with scumhunting,
the town will lose.
Are Rofl and ABR considered a "significant faction" all of a sudden? Plus, I'm not convinced that they are scum just yet. The problem with this game is that votes cannot be moved very fast and are effectively permanent in some ways.

Healing is a useful mechanic and it should be used in certain cases. When someone that a LARGE MAJORITY of the town feel is town is low in health (Hell, like Walt), healing is a good thing so they cannot be sniped.
The Fonz wrote:Obviously, dealing out hurts left right and centre, rather than isolating one suspect, building a case, then hurting to death is mega scummy.
I support this message.
The Fonz wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yeah I call for a ceasefire to do a complete re-read.
Can I maybe get some heals then... I really don't like being so perilously close to dying...

NO!!! Survival instinct ftl! (if town).
Ummm, no. Right now I'm in range to be killed by VERY few rage points. I'd like a few heals so that I could at least be above that range. Seeing as I can be killed a lot faster than I can be healed, I don't think its an inappropriate request.

O, and
Hurt:Julz
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:05 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

If Juls is town, kinetic will die.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:10 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:You rather just proclaim me scum, like they did with Walt, without any evidence?
The case against Wishbone was stronger than the case against Shinnen, despite the outcomes.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:17 am

Post by Kinetic »

zwetschenwasser wrote:If Juls is town, kinetic will die.
I'm most likely going to die anyway, but your scumtell is noted either way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:23 am

The Fonz wrote: It seems to me, Albert, you seem to be appropriating, and advocating, whichever part of whichever system seems most likely to keep you alive.
ABSOLUTELY.

This is the crux of the matter of ABR's scumminess.

ABR plays to survive, yes, as SCUM. His buddies are bowling pins. I can see it at work, Shinnen was his first victim. Maybe they disagreed in the QT. Then Juls learnt a lesson.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:35 am

Post by q21 »

The Fonz wrote:Hmmm... re-read shows one actually-significant thing done by q21 is hurting zwet. Rethink.
May I take this as one of the two sanctions I want to hurt zwet again?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:36 am

q21 wrote:May I take this as one of the two sanctions I want to hurt zwet again?
I'm against hurting zwet.

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:36 am

Post by Kinetic »

q21 wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Hmmm... re-read shows one actually-significant thing done by q21 is hurting zwet. Rethink.
May I take this as one of the two sanctions I want to hurt zwet again?
I think you should heal me. You and DGB both. And anyone else who wants to as well. I'd feel a lot better at 2-3 damage than where I'm at now.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

The war raged on through the dark, and at dawn a glittering fog of ice crystals peppered the air, stirred about by the shouting and gesticulating. Remarkably few blows were traded, but enough to claim another angel, tossing them over the edge and plummeting as they dissipated.
God wrote:MY PRECIOUS JULS - YOUR ANTICS AND HIGHLY AMUSING (IF INAPPROPRIATE) DEVIL HORNS COSTUME WILL BE MISSED.
Juls, Loyal Cherub, was cast out of Heaven.

FIRST DAMAGE TALLY OF THE SIXTEENTH ÆON
Albert B. Rampage, Nuwen, populartajo, q21, Seraphim, The Fonz, and WeyounsLastClone are at 1 HP above their normal maximum.

DrippingGoofball, Giuseppe, and roflcopter are all at normal HP.
vIQleS has 1 damage.
Tenchi and Xylthixlm have 2 damage each.
Firestarter and zwetschenwasser have 4 damage each.
Kinetic has 6 damage.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:38 am

Kinetic, it's hugely unlikely that you'll be healed enough, unless there's a coalition of players in favor of it. I certainly would could myself as part of this coalition.

Any volunteers?

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:42 am

Post by q21 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
q21 wrote:May I take this as one of the two sanctions I want to hurt zwet again?
I'm against hurting zwet.
So, one for, one against? I'll wait until it gets to two more for than against.

Trying to decide what exactly a Juls-town flip tells us. The answer I believe is, well, nothing. Except that she honestly did think ABR as the towniest player.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:45 am

Here's why we should hurt zwet. Zwet has been far less scummy, than, say, ABR, or some other player of your choice. Since you're very unlikely to create a concensus to take zwet to the lynch, hurting him can only make it easier for the scum to take him down, if zwet is town.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:55 am

Here's why we
should
hurt Zwet, DGB?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:56 am

Post by Kinetic »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Kinetic, it's hugely unlikely that you'll be healed enough, unless there's a coalition of players in favor of it. I certainly would could myself as part of this coalition.

Any volunteers?
I just need a couple of heals to get out of danger of a rage dump. Right now given even conservative estimates I can be killed by a rage dump.

If you are willing to heal me, then heal me, otherwise just saying you will (like Xyl did earlier) means very little.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:57 am

Post by q21 »

I'm assuming that's meant to be "Here's why we shouldn't hurt zwet." I can see what you're saying, though I disagree that's he's been far less scummy than anyone.

Though if he were really a town Ophan I would expect him to be dead by now.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:59 am

Post by populartajo »

Im V/LA until tomorrow, maybe Monday.
I skimmed the last pages. Guys, if something is going to lose the game is THE FUCKING EGOS you all have. GET OVER IT.
Both Kin and ABR are town.
Xyl lost town points like shit. I need to reeavaluate him.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Kinetic »

populartajo wrote:Im V/LA until tomorrow, maybe Monday.
I skimmed the last pages. Guys, if something is going to lose the game is THE FUCKING EGOS you all have. GET OVER IT.
Both Kin and ABR are town.
Xyl lost town points like shit. I need to reeavaluate him.
HEAL ME THEN, KK? You will be no longer have a cooldown by the time you return tomorrow. >>
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:06 am

I'm hurting ABR or Kinetic later today.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:08 am

Post by Kinetic »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I'm hurting ABR or Kinetic later today.
Who's your support for this hurt?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:09 am

zwetschenwasser wrote:Here's why we
should
hurt Zwet, DGB?
I meant NOT hurt zwet. Sorry about that.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:10 am

I don't need support to hurt whoever I find scummy. Actually, nevermind. I've started my meditation, so forget the hurts.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”