The Apprentice: MafiaScum - Someone Hired!

Who would you rather work for?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm

Donald Trump
32%
ShadowLurker
68%
Blackberry
No votes

Total votes: 207

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Korts »

Korts wrote:
ShadowLurker wrote:Korts, what went wrong? who do you think were the best and worst advertisers on your team?
I will answer when I make my choices.
Mr. Trump, I think what went wrong is that I made a hurried decision when I realized there was a 24 hour deadline. The creative process wasn't exactly complete, not to speak of the fact that in retrospect going for humour over corniness was something we shouldn't have done. But I thought the deadline was stricter than it apparently was, so I submitted what we had there and then.

As for the second question; Panzer I know helped
spam
advertise, and farside, Kmd, Cayke and PEG put the link in their sigs; the worst was possibly SensFan purely based on the advertising of the slogan--I am not aware that he helped in that aspect at all.

To the
boardroom
I'm taking farside, Cayke and SensFan with me.
scumchat never die
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by JDodge »

Korts wrote:Mr. Trump, I think what went wrong is that I made a hurried decision when I realized there was a 24 hour deadline. The creative process wasn't exactly complete, not to speak of the fact that in retrospect going for humour over corniness was something we shouldn't have done. But I thought the deadline was stricter than it apparently was, so I submitted what we had there and then.
Translation: I rushed it, and thought of my own sense of humour over marketability.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Final Boardroom

Korts
, who do you think should be fired and why? Why did you choose the three people you did? Is there a reason you did not choose Panzerjager after he admitted to not liking the slogan but not doing anything about it in thread?

crywolf20084
, you were called the star of the team last task. Why do you think you are in here this time? Who should I fire and why?

SensFan
, what did you contribute this task? Who should I fire and why?

farside22
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by farside22 »

farside22, what did you contribute this task? Who should I fire and why?
I helped with the name. I sent mass PM's to about 30 PM's which was more then I really like to do. I went to the review thread and advertised helping people with reviews in exchange for votes and feed back on the slogan.

I really didn't like young teams slogan. I'm surprised Llama did.

I think Korts should be fired. He should have been more patient about getting everyone's feed back on slogan's. Sens offered one. I offered one. CW and PEG both said it was good. Kmd came after Korts sent in the slogan. He should of if he didn't ask if he could give a new slogan to you after everyone stated that Kmd's slogan was better.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by SensFan »

ShadowLurker wrote:
SensFan
Mr. Trump, I had a long conversation with Kirts about the slogan, and am the one that came up with the idea of using xyzzy. I feel the idea was not developped properly, though, and the slogan was rushed. I purposely avoided spamming PMs, since by the time I saw the thread, several people had complained about being spammed, voting for the other team.

I think Korts or cayke should be fired. Korts for rushing this task, cayke for leaking information to the other team.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

This is the second time I have heard accusations of crywolf20084 leaking information.

crywolf20084
, have you leaked information?

SensFan
, what information has crywolf leaked? How many people would you estimate you got to vote for your slogan?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by SensFan »

ShadowLurker wrote:
SensFan
, what information has crywolf leaked? How many people would you estimate you got to vote for your slogan?
Mr.Trump, my sources tell me that crywolf was suppliing our information about our team name and logo to JDodge during the first challenge, including the fact it was flash-animated. More information was leaked during the second challenge, but my source wouldn't tell me who did the leaking.

As for this challenge, Mr.Trump, I'd say I got a single person directly to vote for our slogan. I don't think all the advertising in the world would have changed anything, though, since I think the submitted slogan was not up to par.

Having said that, Sir, I think I contributed more than my fair share, including the xyzzy idea, but then due to the short deadline, and the rushed submission, I did not have a chance to discuss the idea further.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

crywolf20084, you were called the star of the team last task. Why do you think you are in here this time? Who should I fire and why?
I am in here because I am the "leak", which is kinda true seeing as how JD was smart enough to find my deviantART account where i had uploaded the banner, for it was the only free place to do it.
Korts ran the task and sent in the slogan. It could've used a bit more revising, but I thought it was good enough too....
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

crywolf20084 wrote:
crywolf20084, you were called the star of the team last task. Why do you think you are in here this time? Who should I fire and why?
I am in here because I am the "leak", which is kinda true seeing as how JD was smart enough to find my deviantART account where i had uploaded the banner, for it was the only free place to do it.
Korts ran the task and sent in the slogan. It could've used a bit more revising, but I thought it was good enough too....
So do you fault Korts for picking the slogan? Do you think he should be fired?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Yes I think he should be fired. He was after all the captian and he really didn't say much about it.

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Sens: Why should you be cut any slack when you made no effort to advertise the product, and no effort to fix the problem that you claim to have seen coming? Why did you only point out these problems after they had come to pass if you did, in fact, see it coming?

Cay: Why did you put that on deviantart? Why were you the one made to host it?

Farside: Why do you seem to think that Korts should have been able to predict that Kmd would not only make a late suggestion, but one that was superior? To what degree do you think it is the team leaders prerogative to send in an early decision? Why was there no outcry in your discussion when he announced this, and no opposition to the slogan that is currently reputed to have always been unpopular made before this?

Korts: Why did you not wait for better ideas? Why did you go with what seemed to be popular rather than trust your own sensibilities? To what extent do you feel that you acted as a team leader?

Everyone other than Cay: Why the frick is it her fault that JDodge independantly located information from her deviant art? Why did the rest of you not host it yourselves?

All: Why is it worse to leak a bad idea than let a bad idea out in the first place?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:56 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

(12:19:20 AM) SensPizzaLine: I pitched my idea of using xyzzy to Korts, and he trashed it. We talked for about an hour, and he still told me it was shit, but to post it anyways. I get to checking the QT, he takes a half-ass job by farside using the concept he trashed, and submits it.

(12:29:40 AM) SensPizzaLine: I still think the fact I'm even being considered is preposterous.

(12:41:17 AM) jdodge1019: i'm also pissed
(12:41:23 AM) jdodge1019: that cayke is spreading lies
(12:41:32 AM) jdodge1019: like saying i blackmailed her
(12:41:43 AM) jdodge1019: and her denying that she gave me info
(12:41:50 AM) jdodge1019: and voting in the poll with our shared alts
(12:41:52 AM) jdodge1019: and then denying it
(12:42:08 AM) Lord Gurgi: That's how Cay is.
(12:42:16 AM) jdodge1019: and of course blaming it on me
(12:42:28 AM) Lord Gurgi: The knife just doesn't usually land in your back.
(12:42:40 AM) jdodge1019: pfft
(12:42:45 AM) jdodge1019: the knife isn't in my back
(12:42:55 AM) jdodge1019: i turned around and grabbed her arms just in time
(12:43:01 AM) jdodge1019: and now we're in a struggle to the death
(12:43:16 AM) Lord Gurgi: How's that working out for you?
(12:43:29 AM) jdodge1019: pretty good
(12:43:33 AM) jdodge1019: i seem to be overpowering her
(12:43:56 AM) jdodge1019: very least i know i can probably distract her to the point where i can turn and run
(12:44:09 AM) jdodge1019: now i'm just in it on principle

(12:51:26 AM) XXXpickemgenius: Sens admittedly had the xyzzy idea as well. But I don't really fault him seeing as it was like 100-30 crazy fast. Also I think Sens has more potential then Korts does

(12:52:28 AM) Lord Gurgi: Do you think Sens would have done a better job as team leader?
(12:52:36 AM) XXXpickemgenius: This task
(12:52:37 AM) XXXpickemgenius: no
(12:52:43 AM) XXXpickemgenius: In the future
(12:52:43 AM) XXXpickemgenius: yes
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 pm

Post by Korts »

Korts, who do you think should be fired and why? Why did you choose the three people you did? Is there a reason you did not choose Panzerjager after he admitted to not liking the slogan but not doing anything about it in thread?
I think Cayke or possibly farside should be fired. Cayke because I talked to her about the leak, and gave her multiple chances at telling me how much she leaked (on purpose or not), with a promise of no retribution, and she denied telling JD anything--but I eventually had to find details out from JDodge, details that directly contradicted her denial. In denial she also tried blaming multiple other team members, and I don't think that's something that is good for the team chemistry.

farside possibly because both the team name and slogan's final forms were suggested by her, and while I appreciate the effort we're playing the game to win.

Cayke and farside I chose for reasons listed above; SensFan I chose because he pitched the xyzzy idea originally, getting us started on the wrong track.

I didn't choose Panzer because I shared his unenthusiastic stance on the matter.
Lord Gurgi wrote:Korts: Why did you not wait for better ideas? Why did you go with what seemed to be popular rather than trust your own sensibilities? To what extent do you feel that you acted as a team leader?
Like I said, I thought the deadline was much stricter than it apparently was, so I made a hurried decision and picked the slogan that had actually been worked on and complimented on by multiple people. I went with what seemed to be popular because I trust the judgement of the individual members of the team enough to override my own when I'm in minority. As a team leader I tried to organize thoughts, made suggestions and offered constructive criticism. I feel I did a mediocre job of being team leader.
scumchat never die
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:54 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Korts wrote:farside possibly because both the team name and slogan's final forms were suggested by her, and while I appreciate the effort we're playing the game to win.

Cayke and farside I chose for reasons listed above; SensFan I chose because he pitched the xyzzy idea originally, getting us started on the wrong track.
The point is brainstorming is to get ideas out on the table, good or bad. As project manager, isn't it your job to weed out those bad ideas? Also, the main point of this task was not the slogan, albeit it did contribute to your loss, but advertising, which is how the other team won.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:04 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

[JDodge is brought back into the Boardroom]

JDodge
, was crywolf leaking information? What specifically did she leak and do you have logs to back it up?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:08 am

Post by Korts »

ShadowLurker wrote:
Korts wrote:farside possibly because both the team name and slogan's final forms were suggested by her, and while I appreciate the effort we're playing the game to win.

The point is brainstorming is to get ideas out on the table, good or bad. As project manager, isn't it your job to weed out those bad ideas? Also, the main point of this task was not the slogan, albeit it did contribute to your loss, but advertising, which is how the other team won.
I am not infallible, Project Manager or not. I thought that if a majority deemed something good, it was worth submitting regardless of my own opinion. Like I said, I trust my teammates' judgement.

And while advertising was a major part of the task, successful advertising also needed a good slogan, which is why I am approaching this situation from the creative perspective.
scumchat never die
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:38 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

[01:07:19 AM] jdodge1019: so then
[01:07:26 AM] jdodge1019: now that i know all your team's stuff
[01:07:36 AM] jdodge1019: you're pretty much off the hook
[01:07:39 AM] jdodge1019: unless of course
[01:07:43 AM] jdodge1019: i accidentally leak to peg
[01:07:46 AM] jdodge1019: that you're the source
[01:07:52 AM] CryWolf20084: srsly fuck off i'm not talking to you
[01:08:02 AM] jdodge1019: i just want to know one thing
[01:08:13 AM] jdodge1019: what is the real name, so i can make sure someone's not fucking with me
[01:08:30 AM] CryWolf20084: You will see tomorrow for when we submit in thread.
[01:08:33 AM] jdodge1019: ok then
[01:08:38 AM] jdodge1019: imma tell peg my "source"
[01:08:47 AM] jdodge1019: have fun in the boardroom
[01:08:49 AM] jdodge1019: <3
[01:08:54 AM] CryWolf20084: <3 *flips you off*
[01:09:12 AM] jdodge1019: see
[01:09:17 AM] jdodge1019: i really don't want to do that
[01:10:02 AM] jdodge1019: i think of you as a friend and a potential ally later on down the road
[01:10:12 AM] jdodge1019: i just want the truth
[01:10:21 AM] jdodge1019: and i'm sure all you want is to make this whole thing go away
[01:13:40 AM] jdodge1019: k
[01:13:47 AM] jdodge1019: peg knows you're my source now
[01:13:55 AM] CryWolf20084: fine then
[01:27:56 AM] CryWolf20084: [01:15:56 AM] jathan84: i gave it to addy cause they laready submitted
[01:16:52 AM] jathan84: its still kicking mob
[01:28:01 AM] CryWolf20084: fuckin' happy jath just said it
[01:28:21 AM] jdodge1019: i'm really not worried at all
[01:28:49 AM] CryWolf20084: w/e
[01:29:01 AM] jdodge1019: we have a pretty good setup going

[11:47:21 AM] jdodge1019: btw i think korts is trying to throw you under the bus
[11:47:28 AM] CryWolf20084: oh i know
[11:47:31 AM] CryWolf20084: so
[11:47:33 AM] CryWolf20084: go away

[12:18:14 PM] jdodge1019: i like
[12:18:28 PM] jdodge1019: how you're taking that as an indication that i "didn't know the name" before then
[12:18:34 PM] jdodge1019: also why the fuck
[12:18:41 PM] jdodge1019: did you guys not go with eagle eye
[12:18:53 PM] CryWolf20084: ahhh where is the leak
[12:19:01 PM] jdodge1019: you're the one who leaked that
[12:19:09 PM] jdodge1019: considering your devart acct
[12:19:12 PM] jdodge1019: is public
[12:19:22 PM] CryWolf20084: yes thats where i figured you saw it.
[12:19:26 PM] CryWolf20084: but
[12:19:34 PM] CryWolf20084: it was the only place i could upload it for free
[12:21:36 PM] jdodge1019: how do you think i got still kicking mob and that flash LOLOLOL
[12:22:04 PM] jdodge1019: i like how i never once lied
[12:22:11 PM] CryWolf20084: .....

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:41 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Gurgi wrote: Cay: Why did you put that on deviantart? Why were you the one made to host it?
Because I was the one who had it, and to send it over AIM or email takes a couple hours, and time was of the essance.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Korts »

Cayke wrote:[01:08:13 AM] jdodge1019: what is the
real
name
This is where your story is flawed, Cayke. Sorry.
scumchat never die
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:52 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

That's what he said to me. He wanted to to know who ever gave him the information wasn't fucking with him.

EDIT:

And I got this from someone I will keep unnamed.
Jon Kelley wrote:EDIT: I've got a bit of a rapport going with Cybele - I'm trying to get as much information about what they're doing as possible.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Korts wrote: I didn't choose Panzer because I shared his unenthusiastic stance on the matter.
Then speak up and suggest something different. Everyone you have suggested be fired, you are suggesting for things you could have done something about.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:51 am

Post by JDodge »

Cayke wrote:And I got this from someone I will keep unnamed.
Jon Kelley wrote:EDIT: I've got a bit of a rapport going with Cybele - I'm trying to get as much information about what they're doing as possible.
yeah right, if i must say one good thing about cyb it's that he's quite tight-lipped
ShadowLurker wrote:JDodge, was crywolf leaking information? What specifically did she leak and do you have logs to back it up?
Yes, she was. She leaked firstly the fact that they were making a flash, then she leaked the team name, then she leaked the flash itself. Then she lied.

EDIT: Unfortunately, logging on the computer where the leaking occured is not functioning properly, so no.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:01 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

If anything JD you're the liar. I never told you the name. I asked a question impulsively in scum chat to see if using a Flash was okay. Not once did I tell you the name. I want to see WHERE i fuckin' told you the name.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Farside: Why do you seem to think that Korts should have been able to predict that Kmd would not only make a late suggestion, but one that was superior? To what degree do you think it is the team leaders prerogative to send in an early decision? Why was there no outcry in your discussion when he announced this, and no opposition to the slogan that is currently reputed to have always been unpopular made before this?
I'm not saying he should have predicted anything. I'm stating Korts should have waited before submitting a slogan to Mr. Trump.
I have to check the date of the workline but I recall being very busy the day in question to object to much. Kort himself didn't seem thrilled with the slogan yet still sent it in. If he questioned it why didn't he fix it or wait to see if something better came along?
After he submitted the idea I thought it would work. It was cute and humorous and till someone tells me why the others team slogan was good I'm happy with the results in the end.
This task turned out to be more about who spams the most then who wrote the best slogan.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Final Boardroom

First,
farside22
, get out of here. You seem to been one of the only people advertising, contributed to the concept, and been a good contributor. You shouldn't be in here.

To
crywolf20084
, there are conflicting reports over whether you are leaving information or not. Carolyn thinks you should be fired for this; however, I will give you the benefit of the doubt for now. If I hear any more reports or see any more reports, you will be fired. For now, get out of here.

Either SensFan, Korts, or both will be fired shortly.

Return to “Social Game Archive”