sordros
Goon
sordros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:25 am

Post by sordros »

Porkens wrote:And now for the serious question:

Why the HELL have you been lurking so much this entire game?
Personal life, pretty much, and being unable to process massive posts in a small amount of time.

Seraphim, actually, the name is sordros, and yes, I have been around, ended up on a to-kill list on Porkens side because I wasn't posting much.

Admiral, that is an interesting role... if possible, but couldn't it also enable you to become a mafia role?
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Ztife »

Admiral, is that true? If we have a townie lynch today, you could swap to simpor's role and win the game by tonight (assuming the 3 mafia in the game setup).

Seems like a quick excuse to push yourself from being lynched today, get a mass claim (or a doc/power-role claim), and push away the attention from yesterday's hammer. Extremely scummy post.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Riceballtail »

I buy Caboose's claim over ThAd's.

That said, still like my Seraphim vote.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Riceballtail »

EBWOP: I seem to have gotten games mixed up again. Replace the first line with:
"I don't buy ThAd's claim."
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Seraphim »

RBT, you have posted an incredibly weak case on me. You have stated and I have stated that we are in a potential LYOL situation based on the fact that I'm calling you out as a lurker. You have yet to grace us with more than a "I like my Seraphim vote" and "I don't buy ThAd's claim" today.

Why don't you buy ThAd's claim?

Why do you like your vote on me?

Your refusal to interact with the rest of the town does not give you town points.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Ztife wrote:Admiral, is that true? If we have a townie lynch today, you could swap to simpor's role and win the game by tonight (assuming the 3 mafia in the game setup).

Seems like a quick excuse to push yourself from being lynched today, get a mass claim (or a doc/power-role claim), and push away the attention from yesterday's hammer. Extremely scummy post.
Role not alignment. I basically wouldn't be able to lose if I could choose what alignment I wanted at any time.

The great thing is if the scum wants to kill me they have to take the risk that I might choose the paranoid gun owner!
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Juls »

Unvote. Vote Admiral

Hmmm...gun owner is neutral. You WOULD change alignment if you are currently town. I'm not buying it either.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Porkens »

That's a weird role.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:25 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Juls wrote:
Unvote. Vote Admiral

Hmmm...gun owner is neutral. You WOULD change alignment if you are currently town. I'm not buying it either.
what did i just say?

role not alignment! they are two different things.

to put it another way - i gain the "ability" but not the "team".
sordros
sordros
Goon
sordros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:39 am

Post by sordros »

Porkens wrote:That's a weird role.
I agree. Admiral, how about you quote your role PM to see if it makes sense? as per rule 7 of this game that should be allowed, right?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Juls »

So if you chose like Mafia Goon you would be a Vanilla Townie? It doesn't make sense to me.

Unvote
(for now). I have a test to study for...I will post more thoughts on this subject on either Thursday or Friday night (depending on when I get home Thursday).
Juls
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Seraphim »

The claim smells like a false claim to make suspicions dissipate. I look forward to the role PM. I still like my RBT vote as she still has not made any sort of contributions. She's clearly keeping up with the game and she's out of V/LA. More content, please?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I forgot you could post role pms. Here it is:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:You are an Amnesiac.
Who are you? You don't know. But you have an odd natural aptitude for stepping into a dead man's shoes. At any point, you may take on the role of ANY dead player, whatever their alignment. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Porkens »

The amnesiac I'm familiar with (from Epic Mafia) takes the alignment. That PM is, to me, ambiguous on that point.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Seraphim »

I say I'm willing to give ThAdmiral a benefit of a doubt today because I would still rather lynch RBT the lurker.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:09 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Porkens wrote:The amnesiac I'm familiar with (from Epic Mafia) takes the alignment. That PM is, to me, ambiguous on that point.
having a second look i suppose it is a bit ambiguous, but i think the last line implies that i am indeed town aligned.
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:27 am

Post by Ztife »

it might imply that you are town aligned NOW, but it doesn't indicate after AFTER you take the role.

I think it could be either way though imho.
sordros
sordros
Goon
sordros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:15 am

Post by sordros »

I think if we take the PM role as true, it is pretty clear it is pro-town. The question is whether we believe it is authentic or not.

I for one, think it could be true, based on the other abnormalities found throughout the game.

Looking at the other people left in town:
Porkens: I feel his explanation of role and consequences pretty much matches for the time being. Could be a SK but the Vig story holds solid too.
Seraphim: I don't get a mafia vibe, pretty consistent throughout the game.
RBT: A lurker, like myself :-), but I guess I'm trying to be less of a lurker as of late.
Juls: I don't get any mafia tell so far, pretty consistent too.
Ztife: I guess this is WIFOM, but at times Ztife seems to me as trying to be too town :-). Kind of the same behavior I noticed on him on a previous game, in which he ended up being a pretty clever mafia scum. His posting style has changed recently, I wonder if the cause is someone pointed out his long postings were not being particularly pro-town or just a change of pace in the game.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Seraphim »

sordos lurked most of the game but has recently come back and is actually contributing. RBT has not done this. So, sordos, you've got your reads here, but who do you think is scum? IF you had to drop a vote right now, who is scummiest?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

A vote count will be posted tomorrow. Please, do not bug me for the next 4 hours. I'm trying to do a radio show here.
sordros
sordros
Goon
sordros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:10 am

Post by sordros »

Seraphim wrote:sordos lurked most of the game but has recently come back and is actually contributing. RBT has not done this. So, sordos, you've got your reads here, but who do you think is scum? IF you had to drop a vote right now, who is scummiest?
Well, I usually have the policy of voting on lurkers, either to get them to talk or out of the way if not helping, so from that point of view I'd vote on RBT.

If that wasn't the case I think I'd vote for Ztife, for the reasons pointed out above.

That being said, I think I'll...

Vote: Riceballtail

Let's see if we get things moving.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Juls »

Just posting this in all my games...if I have promised content it may have to wait. I want to play in some marathon games this weekend. I will probably catch up on all my normal length games on Sunday night..
Juls
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

Uck Amne in the game is screwing me up big time.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ everybody: we should still talk about a mass claim. Basically if you believe my claim then we should do it, and if not we won't do it.

in other news: Having a read through some of the earlier posts in the game and a couple by ztife jumped out at me.
Ztife wrote:
Unvote. Vote:Riceballtail

This effectively puts riceballtail into l-1.
Since there is no real discussion yet and there's not really much going on, I'll try to jumpstart this.

I'm pretty sure there's no townie or maf that stupid to hammer at this point of the game, but who knows. Either way it will help generate discussion since people like finch, archon and of course me don't really have any good reason to jump this bandwagon any furthur.
There is a large part of me that feels that while this was somewhat helpful at creating discussion, it was also a guilt free wagon jump and -1 vote for no real reason! I'm surprised no one really called him on it at the time.
Ztife wrote:Since we more or less agree that his posts seems a little random, with incoherent/insufficient reasonings, he will probably always look scummy and non helpful in catching mafias. I'm also getting 2 of this kind of players in my other game, its really annoying. Either way his posts will not help catch scum, so they will not be pro-town most of the time, and mafias will not lynch them because they actually helps mafias. Its debatable, but I think mafias would want to bring players like finch who can't really put up a discussion to bring into later days.

This changes if finch suddenly changes his playstyle, which im not saying is impossible, but unlikely.
Here he is talking about finch. Earlier in his post he said he would probably be willing to hammer. This bit of the post is his reason why. Note that he does not ever say he thinks finch is actually scum! He wants to vote him because he believes he is an unhelpful townie.

vote: ztife

please respond
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Porkens »

please respond
Powerwagon