War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by vIQleS »

populartajo wrote: Answer my big post of accusations, plz. We might as well test if you are an Ophan, just in case. Just because you claimed Ophan, that doesn mean you are town.
Didn't say it did. Although it's more likely than if I was a Seriphim...

DrippingGoofball wrote:I watched ViQlEs. He's an Ophan.
I figured that was what you meant.
populartajo wrote: We might as well test if you are an Ophan, just in case.
Hang on - you're criticizing me for using my powers when it was unlikely that scum would be doing anything, and now you want me to do the exact same thing again, only this time telling the scum first so they know exactly when it's not safe to do stuff?

Seems a waste to me...
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm paraphrasing, but yes, it was a gaze. What's the significance?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by populartajo »

vIQleS wrote:
populartajo wrote: Answer my big post of accusations, plz. We might as well test if you are an Ophan, just in case. Just because you claimed Ophan, that doesn mean you are town.

DrippingGoofball wrote:I watched ViQlEs. He's an Ophan.
I figured that was what you meant.
populartajo wrote: We might as well test if you are an Ophan, just in case.
Hang on - you're criticizing me for using my powers when it was unlikely that scum would be doing anything, and now you want me to do the exact same thing again, only this time telling the scum first so they know exactly when it's not safe to do stuff?

Seems a waste to me...
You realize it was unlikely that scum would be doing anything early. Why would you do it?
And right now its different. Actually, all Ophanims should be working now in watching the heavens to tell the scum that using rage points now is a terrible idea.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by populartajo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm paraphrasing, but yes, it was a gaze. What's the significance?
Can you tell me the exact word?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:11 pm

populartajo wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm paraphrasing, but yes, it was a gaze. What's the significance?
Can you tell me the exact word?
GAZE
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Nuwen »

vIQleS wrote:
Explain this, please. The mini's setup used an equal number of Seraphim and Ophanim. If that balance is being preserved in this game, a Seraph and an Ophan are equally likely to be scum or equally likely to be town.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Seraphim »

WTF?

ROFL: AT THE MOMENT, NO ONE BUT YOU THINKS I AM SCUM. YOU HAVE NO BACKING. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE PRACTICALLY CONFIRMED TOWN GIVES YOU NO RIGHT TO HURT WHOEVER THE HELL YOU WANT. THIS IS ANTI-TOWN BEHAVIOR NO MATTER WHICH WAY YOU SLICE IT.

When I flip town, I can't wait to watch you eat your words.
Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Goon
Giuseppe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Giuseppe »

^Major overreaction^

What's up with the caps lock, Seraphim? You're at full health, I believe, and Rofl couldn't really kill you on his own if the Town decided to keep you alive...

The fact that Rofl has 'no backing' makes the above post even more out of place.
Just type Giu.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Me and Fonz both backed Copter.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Kinetic wrote:Hell, quoted in your OWN POST TO NAIL ME TO THIS is the opposite of this....
Yes, I left it in because you contradicted yourself. You said we should concentrate damage, then called my post scummy for saying so.
Umm, no I didn't... I never posted why I said your post was scummy. The reason I had issue with it was not because you advocated for few players to be targeted, but because you were also against the voting mechanism to choose those players as well.

Basically you were for the first players who harmed anyone to lead the lynches, because once X number of players were harmed you were for making sure they would die before anyone else was harmed.

I had issue with your post because it gave no alternatives.

Assume the situation: Player A, Player B, and You have 5 damage, no one else have any damage on them. You feel that player A and player B are town, and you know yourself is town (in this hypothetical situation, I don't exactly feel you are town right now). By YOUR logic in that post you felt that yourself, player A, and Player B must be killed before any scummy player is harmed.

That's why I had issue, and its a HUGE strawman to say I had issue with your post only because you advocated concentrated fire when I have PUSHED for consensus lynches the WHOLE GAME. My issue was not WHAT you advocated, but HOW you advocated and what your plan entailed.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Except that what I was advocating is
exactly what we're doing now
. It doesn't seem to be working so badly.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by Juls »

Have a hurt coming up in about 40 minutes...what can I do to assist you ABR?
-------------------------------------
Juls
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:44 pm

Juls wrote:Have a hurt coming up in about 40 minutes...what can I do to assist you ABR?
I thought the theme was angels, not zombies.

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Juls »

Let me get past my test tomorrow and I will be more helpful.
-------------------------------------
Juls
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by vIQleS »

populartajo wrote: Answer my big post of accusations, plz.
populartajo wrote:
viqles wrote:
rolf wrote:hoopla is also scum...
I really don't like people who make definitive statements like these - especially if there's no way that they could have any info.
We know, specially rolf, how much scum hate this type of statements.
viqles wrote:If you have suspicions, then present your argument. If you don't think people are convinced, then present it again - expand and clarify. Just repeating declaritive statements does not further the game...
FOS:copter
Nice FOS there.
Umm, thank you?
populartajo wrote:
vIQleS wrote:
Shinnen_no_Me wrote:
vIQleS wrote:Random anything at this point has a 75% chance of hitting town.
How can you be so sure? That's a pretty solid number, you know. The only way you would know that is that you know how much scum there are, hence, you must be a scum as well.
Based on a standard mafia setup - 1 scum to 3 town. i.e. (as has already been mentioned) in a 12 player game you get 3 scum.
But that's ok - I forgive you... :-)
Please, tell me Im not the only one seeing there is something stinky in this conversation. Considering that was the only comment Shinnen made about viq and how he suspected Kinetic, xyl and rolf/ARB later.
Not sure what your question to me is here....
populartajo wrote:
ABR wrote:
viqles wrote:I really don't like people who make definitive statements like these - especially if there's no way that they could have any info.
If you have suspicions, then present your argument. If you don't think people are convinced, then present it again - expand and clarify. Just repeating declaritive statements does not further the game...
FOS:copter
How hypocritical. Why are you taking it out on copter, but not DGB?
OMG!
Is that addressed to me? Am I your God? You'd think you'd be a little bit nicer if I am...
populartajo wrote:
viqles wrote:I did notice DBG, but I didn't see it as quite so pernicious. If it makes you feel better - FOS:DBG. I'm still not attacking either of them
Actually, I think that scum tried to concentrate efforts on rolf. DGB's bussing is possible, though.
vIQleS wrote:Why are you defending roflcopter?
Lies.
populartajo wrote:
viqles wrote:
Kin wrote:Assuming everything that is said about rage mechanics is true in this game, that means at most scum can only hold up to 3 rage points.
Did someone say that?Because I don't remember anyone else saying that... I'm going to bed - can someone check this please.
Weren't you scum in the last game?
populartajo wrote:
viqles wrote:I'm not going to argue the 75% crap anymore. I've answered the question and if you really need to grasp at straws at this point then you're out of your tiny little minds.
SO, ITS CRAP NOW? WHY WASNT IT WHEN SHINNEN BROUGHT IT?
It was crap when the first person mentioned it. I was being nice the first time. Now I'm sick of it.

I'm not even going to bother to link this...
populartajo wrote:
viqles wrote:Neither shine nor hoop are on my radar scum-wise.
At this point it seems the best option is to hurt one of them, and I expect I shall do so when I have ability back.
I will have to read carefully to see which of them I can build a case for. (If I can at all. If not I'll probably have to hurt Xyl)
Oh, yes, would it be too obvious if I hurt Shinnen?
There seems to be a ridiculous lack of questions in this tirade you're expecting me to 'answer'...
populartajo wrote:
viqles wrote:I read something that made me think that Shinnen was more likely town then hoopla (who seems fairly neutral at the mo.) but I can't remember what it was. I need to do some more reading.
I AM STILL WAITING.
Yes, yes you are. Although I expect you're the only one at this point.

I really don't see why this is still relevant. And, if you'd let me get on with reading instead of making me answer your retarded non-questions and address points that have been decisively and conclusively answered and dealt with, I might have been able to find it and get back to you by now.

I expect it had something to do with shinnen attacking someone that wasn't already under attack, and that a scum wouldn't be so obvious. I can't remember and I can't be bothered anymore.
populartajo wrote:
viqles wrote:Scummy to me at the moment:
Xyl
Kenetic
Rofl
ABR
I'm thinking DGB is less scummy then my last post - although my reasoning here could be flawed...
Reading to be done, then post more. Then hurting. Possibly Shinnen, just to see the kill and hence results. Then examine the bandwagon...
The fact that 4 of the players he thinks are scummier are players I think are town is strange.
purple monkey dishwasher
populartajo wrote:
viqles wrote:Fair call - if anyone thinks it still relevant, I'll try and have a look. Unfortunately I also have to work, as I've spent a considerable amount of time over the last few (work) days doing this instead of working and I don't want to get in trouble.
I'll try and do a read tonight. (I have a feeling that there was something that seemed like such a scummy thing to say that no one who was scum would say something like that. So it may turn out to be a bit WIFOM...)
LESS EXCUSES, PLUZ.
Bite me. I get hassled for 'lurking' and I get hassled for explaining why I'm not posting as much as I'd like... GFY.
populartajo wrote:
viqles wrote:Just checking in (skim read to catch up) to say that i'd really like to see a Juls lynch next.
That whole "when you kill me you'll see ABR...", and "don't kill ABR..." really bothers me.
It shouldnt. Explain why.
Explain why not...
populartajo wrote: What happened to your other suspects, huh? Why didnt you hurt Hoopla?
populartajo wrote:
viqles wrote:Well I don't. But then I didn't think Shinnen was scum either - and apparently there was some really huge scumtells that everyone else picked up on...
You raise a vaild point tho, so I'm going to be decisive and:
Hurt:Juls
Just because of the ABR following / defending. Just doesn't seem right to me.
Such a weak reason.
Happy?
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:Except that what I was advocating is
exactly what we're doing now
. It doesn't seem to be working so badly.
No you weren't. And no it isn't. And even if it was, I don't agree with your assessment of the current situation.

The town is being bullrushed by four players (you, ABR, Fonz, and Rofl), and honestly you guys have had limited success, and what success your group has is questionable. You're going around acting confirmed, when none of you are, and quashing anyone who stands up against you as scummy and the next person on your list to kill.

As it stands, two of the four players with damage (Julz, Drench) were personally attacked by you first, and the third (Walt) has your pushing for more damage. The only person with no damage by you, and with little help from your group is Zwet.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't fly with me. Too much power in the hands a of SMALL group of players is not how I play. I do want more consensus, ESPECIALLY on mislynches.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Kinetic wrote:I do want more mislynches, ESPECIALLY ones with consensus.
Fixed.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:04 pm

Kinetic wrote:...and quashing anyone who stands up against you as scummy and the next person on your list to kill.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Kinetic wrote:I'm sorry, but this doesn't fly with me. Too much power in the hands a of SMALL group of players is not how I play. I do want more consensus, ESPECIALLY on mislynches.

We're never going to find scum if the dynamics make it easy for scum to hide under the skirts of a few players that make rash judgments with limited information. If those players contain scum, we're really fried.

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Giuseppe wrote:^Major overreaction^

What's up with the caps lock, Seraphim? You're at full health, I believe, and Rofl couldn't really kill you on his own if the Town decided to keep you alive...

The fact that Rofl has 'no backing' makes the above post even more out of place.
You're not reading the game as Rofl has been after me the entire game. There's hardly been one post where he hasn't been attacking me.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:
Kinetic wrote:I do want more mislynches, ESPECIALLY ones with consensus.
Fixed.
They are more informative than mislynches full of Juls-like slaves.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kinetic wrote:...and quashing anyone who stands up against you as scummy and the next person on your list to kill.
Kinetic wrote:I'm sorry, but this doesn't fly with me. Too much power in the hands a of SMALL group of players is not how I play. I do want more consensus, ESPECIALLY on mislynches.

We're never going to find scum if the dynamics make it easy for scum to hide under the skirts of a few players that make rash judgments with limited information. If those players contain scum, we're really fried.
Just look at how lurkers like Drench and Juls are getting free passes! What a disaster!

Oh, wait. [/sarcasm]

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:06 pm

Seraphim wrote:

You're not reading the game as Rofl has been after me the entire game. There's hardly been one post where he hasn't been attacking me.
Your alias is Seraphim. Expect confusion.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:Just look at how lurkers like Drench and Juls are getting free passes! What a disaster!

Oh, wait. [/sarcasm]
They're still alive.

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Seraphim »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

Your alias is Seraphim. Expect confusion.
It makes rereads especially nasty.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Misquote of Kinetic wrote:I do want more mislynches, ESPECIALLY ones with consensus.
Fixed.
-.- I'm really starting to question your alignment Xyl.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”