Mini 745 - Moving Day Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

True, but I claimed to be a cop, just a cop, and I think the message telling me role would've told me that I was mafia, which it didn't.

Top of page 26 vote count:

Porkens 2 (Erratus Apathos, ac1983fan)
ac1983fan 2 (don_johnson)
Zer0ph34r 1 (Porkens)
Jazzmyn 1 (Looker)

Not voting: Jazzmyn, Sotty7, Zer0ph34r, Herodotus

With 9 still packing it takes 5 to lynch.

Note: this vote count should be accurate as of this post.

Prods: None

Still looking for a replacement for EA.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:35 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Zer0ph34r wrote:True, but I claimed to be a cop, just a cop, and I think the message telling me role would've told me that I was mafia, which it didn't.
...but you have no evidence that suggests this, do you?
Not a dayvig.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:32 am

Post by ac1983fan »

ac1983fan wrote:
Zer0ph34r wrote:True, but I claimed to be a cop, just a cop, and I think the message telling me role would've told me that I was mafia, which it didn't.
...but you have no evidence that suggests this, do you?
Oh wow, I totally misread your post. Sorry, my bad.
Not a dayvig.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Looker »

Porkens wrote:
Looker wrote:
vote jazzmyn
Well this is certainly new and different.

What's your reasoning?
Nothing more than to be new and different, wondering why the three that noticed my vote (exlcuding jazzmyn because she was the one voted) did and why others didn't.
ac1983fan wrote:
Looker wrote:
vote jazzmyn
tl;dr

Seriously though, anything to back that up with?
I don't know what that means. But no, just trying to get into the game while simultaneously reading. I do understand, though, that jazzmyn doesn't have any other votes on her and that we're not lynch-or-lose or whatever that acronym is. Speaking of...
Jazzmyn wrote:
Looker wrote:
vote jazzmyn
Awesome - something new to talk about. Welcome aboard, Looker.

Regards,
Jazz
...thanks! Since I voted you for no reason, I would like to give you the pleasure of informing me who, out of the following five, you think is scummy (and why).

erratus, don_johnson, zer0ph, scotty, herodotus
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Looker wrote:
Porkens wrote:
Looker wrote:
vote jazzmyn

What's your reasoning?
Nothing more than to be new and different, wondering why the three that noticed my vote (exlcuding jazzmyn because she was the one voted) did and why others didn't.
I noticed it because you gave a vote with absolutely NO reasoning.
Looker wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:
Looker wrote:
vote jazzmyn
tl;dr

Seriously though, anything to back that up with?
I don't know what that means. But no, just trying to get into the game while simultaneously reading. I do understand, though, that jazzmyn doesn't have any other votes on her and that we're not lynch-or-lose or whatever that acronym is. Speaking of...
tl;dr = too long didn't read

But what protown reason is there behind voting while providing no reason?
Not a dayvig.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Looker »

Testing the waters. And that's exactly it, are you the only one with eyes in this game? No one else caught the fact that I voted with absolutely no reason behind it? Are you the smart guy of the bunch...?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Looker wrote:
Porkens wrote:
Looker wrote:
vote jazzmyn

What's your reasoning?
I'm pretty sure everyone noticed, but as for myself, I didn't mention it because someone else had already asked you for your reasons. There didn't seem to be much to say about your vote until you either provided your reasons or made it clear you weren't going to.
Looker wrote:Since I voted you for no reason, I would like to give you the pleasure of informing me who, out of the following five, you think is scummy (and why).

I can understand excluding yourself and Jazzmyn, and acfan because of his claim, but it's interesting that you left off Porkens... please remember to let us know at some time why you did that.

Also, have you completed a read-through? Do you have any comments about anything from before you entered the game?
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Looker wrote:Testing the waters. And that's exactly it, are you the only one with eyes in this game? No one else caught the fact that I voted with absolutely no reason behind it? Are you the smart guy of the bunch...?
Plenty of people did, we're not idiots...
Most of the people prolly didn't wanna be to redundant...
Not a dayvig.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:25 am

Post by Porkens »

Looker and Zer0 for maf.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:34 am

Post by Herodotus »

Porkens wrote:Looker and Zer0 for maf.
Tovarish's last post makes him/Looker look relatively pro-town. He asked the mod to replace Killer -- if that had happened, the Killer lynch would have been much less likely.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:33 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

How exactly does his last post make him seem pro-town? I think they are, but not from that post.
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Herodotus »

Well, it's not a definite thing, but it seems to me that if Tovarish had been mafia, he would not have wanted K7 to be replaced, because he'd rather that K7 be lynched.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:14 am

Post by don_johnson »

isn't that called "distancing"? looker's recent "gambit" seems more designed to make people look scummy than to actually find scum. also, tov had a lot of opinions on alignments. you should be asking yourself, "was he right about you"?

looker: how do you feel abnout our current situation? do you believe acfan's sk claim? also, i second the "why is porkens not a suspect" question. he has been pushing for an ac lynch as much as i have and should be under a good amount of suspicion.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Jazzmyn wrote:
Porkens wrote:This is such a scummy post.
What is scummy about it?
Porkens, you haven't answered my question. Perhaps you missed it. What is scummy about that post by Sotty that you were referring to?
Looker wrote:Since I voted you for no reason, I would like to give you the pleasure of informing me who, out of the following five, you think is scummy (and why).
And I would like you to give all of us the pleasure of sharing your thoughts about the game so far, your suspicions, observations, and analysis. Once you've read the thread, we can engage in a thorough exchange of ideas. When I replace into a game, I find it useful to do a thorough read while generating my own ideas, suspicions, observations and analysis rather than just asking someone else who they find suspicious.

In the meantime, though, I am presently most suspicious of acfan, Zero, and you conditionally. acfan, because (a) I am not entirely sold on his SK claim, in which case he would be scum fake-claiming SK and (b) if he is a SK, he's admittedly anti-town in any event; Zero because his play strikes me as bizarre and I'm not entirely sold on his cop claim, (but those with more experience than I seem to think it's plausible so I'll have to think about that some more); and you, conditionally, because it is scummy to vote for someone without any rationale at any time (except in the random vote stage), let alone on Day 2, page 25, without having even read the thread. I'll leave it at that for now, and we can discuss further once you've read the thread.
Herodotus wrote:Tovarish's last post makes him/Looker look relatively pro-town. He asked the mod to replace Killer -- if that had happened, the Killer lynch would have been much less likely.
I didn't get any scum vibes from Tovarish at all while he was here, but I'm not sure that I agree with your point about his last post. He was pretty clear in his posts that he found killa to be legitimately scummy (as did I and several others), and he had his vote on killa for a couple of weeks by that point. He certainly had the option to unvote if he changed his mind about his belief in killa's scumminess but he never did. So, I don't think your logic on that one holds.

But, as I said, I felt that Tovarish was pro-town throughout. His replacement, well, we'll see once he reads the thread and offers his insights and thoughts. It is entirely possible that Tovarish was good as scum and had me completely fooled (it certainly wouldn't be the first time).

Regards,
Jazz
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sotty7 wrote:I'm not voting because I'm torn on what to do right now.
Non-commital

We have one replacement, I'm more than willing to let him catch up with us all
. Withholding opinions and ideas until someone else speaks for reasons I can't understand.[/b]

In the mean time I will probably have to give the last few pages another read.
I'll believe it when I see it; classic scum active lurking.

I'm not sure what to think about Zero's half assed cop claim. Scum coming out like he did really makes little sense.
Town coming out like that makes little sense

Maybe we have two cops. One for mafia, one for the SK? Right now I'm not sure. [/b] whats the competing hypothesis?[/b]

Zero really needs to come back in here and you know.. Start making some sense. That would be helpful.
pointless and obviously not going to happen
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Porkens »

screwed up my bold tags twice; sweet.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:36 am

Post by raider8169 »

Sotty7 has been proded.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Apologies. Got caught up this week.
Zer0ph34r Post 605 wrote:I wanted to see who would catch it, it may seem untrue, but I wanted to see who was actually paying attention, and as a result, only one person mentioned it.

And don, I tried investigating killaseven for suspicion of scum. And by the way, does anyone have a suggestion as to who I should investigate tonight?

You wanted to know who was paying attention?

Looks to me like you need to be the one who is paying attention. You
still
haven't given us any thoughts on the SK situation with Ac we have going.
Porkens Post 610 wrote:
Herod wrote: I'm finding Don is asking/suggesting seemingly innocuous questions to which the scum would want to know the answers more than the town would. If Zero is telling the truth, I don't see what information we can derive from his selection, but the scum might figure he'll try the same target again. If he's lying, I don't know whether stating a particular target would likely help us to figure that out (though I suppose it might.)
I could be wrong about the usefulness of knowing his selection, and I also don't yet know Don's motive. Just pointing this out.
I, personally, wanted him to answer to see if he continued to make absolutely no sense at all.

He didn't disappoint.
So making no sense = scum to you? Do you really think a scum would make this kinda play right now, especially seeing that no one was actively looking in his direction. I had asked him to actually participate in the convo, but no one was making cases on him.

It just screams confused/out of depth townie to me.
don_johnson Post 611 wrote:can't hurt to know. mafia is a game of connecting the dots as the corpses pile up. unfortunately, zero is connecting himself to a dead townie. does seem par for the course.

i guess i'm okay if someone would like to claim roleblocker. it could play to our favor now.
Do you think Zero is telling the truth?
Jazzmyn wrote:Anyway, I asked previously whether it is normal to have a role such as a paranoid cop in a mini normal game where there is already another cop, and a couple of you seem to have indicated that it is possible. Has anyone ever played in a 12 player game with two cops? I haven't completed very many 12 player games yet so I'm just not sure how common or how rare it might be.
No I haven't. Although I have played a 10 player game with 2 cops (don't ask horribly balanced)
Jazzmyn Post 618 wrote:
Looker wrote:
vote jazzmyn
Awesome - something new to talk about. Welcome aboard, Looker.

Regards,
Jazz
Awesome? That's a strange reaction.
Herodotus Post 621 wrote:
don_johnson wrote:i guess i'm okay if someone would like to claim roleblocker. it could play to our favor now.
THERE! AGAIN!
Seriously, you might have a pro-town reason for wanting to know this, but do you have any explanation for why it's okay to inform the scum who, if anyone, has this role? And what the town has to gain from a claim? Maybe start with that explanation,
then
invite someone to claim. Or, if you're mafia, please keep doing what you're doing. Or just claim.
This is a good point. Not sure what a RB claiming at this point would do to help us, or even
if
there is one at this point.
don_johnson Post 622 wrote:claims can help to clear things up. if we are not going to lynch acfan then we need to do something. a roleblocker claim narrows down our targets for lynch and gives us the option to test acfan's claim by blocking him.
Yeah but it also gives the scum more info. Considering that Zero looked into a dead player, we don't need to clear up anything.
Looker Post 628 wrote:...thanks! Since I voted you for no reason, I would like to give you the pleasure of informing me who, out of the following five, you think is scummy (and why).

Umm this is a good question and all, but I would like to know your feelings on the players in this game since you just replaced in. I would also like to know the reasons for a Jazz vote.
Porkens Post 633 wrote:Looker and Zer0 for maf.
Why?
Herodotus Post 634 wrote:
Porkens wrote:Looker and Zer0 for maf.
Tovarish's last post makes him/Looker look relatively pro-town. He asked the mod to replace Killer -- if that had happened, the Killer lynch would have been much less likely.
Oh please. He may have done that but he made sure to leave his vote on Killa when he did. If he wanted a replacement so bad he would have unvoted he just said that for appearances I think.

That post got him scum points from me, not town.
Porkens Post 639 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:I'm not voting because I'm torn on what to do right now.
Non-commital

We have one replacement, I'm more than willing to let him catch up with us all
. Withholding opinions and ideas until someone else speaks for reasons I can't understand.[/b]

In the mean time I will probably have to give the last few pages another read.
I'll believe it when I see it; classic scum active lurking.

I'm not sure what to think about Zero's half assed cop claim. Scum coming out like he did really makes little sense.
Town coming out like that makes little sense

Maybe we have two cops. One for mafia, one for the SK? Right now I'm not sure. [/b] whats the competing hypothesis?[/b]

Zero really needs to come back in here and you know.. Start making some sense. That would be helpful.
pointless and obviously not going to happen
1) I have already stated once in the thread (Post 550) that I am willing to vote Ac. As of right now, he is still my top suspect.

2) Well before this post I was adding to the discussion active lurking is a harsh conclusion to draw. That said, I can't really defend this point because I have been missing the last few days and I haven't done the re-read.

3) Scum coming out like that makes no sense. Especially with a dead cop already.

4) Not sure what you mean here. Could you explain?

5) Well yeah... Maybe you're right. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Okay I have just read day 2 again.

My worry was that Hero and Ac had this all planned out. There are instances where Hero seems to be directing the scum team almost. (Post 470) As well as almost hand holding Ac (Post 482) Still, this is a pretty big stretch and would only probably work if the scum could day talk or if they had knowledge of SK at the start of the game. (Maybe one of them is SK skill immune).

I'm going to

Vote: Ac

Basically I believe him to be mafia with his seeming knowledge of a “pro town” roleblocker. Even if he isn't he has shown himself to be a pretty unhelpful SK. I don't trust him and I don't want to put the game in his hands.

Looker really needs to weigh in and get his opinions on record. Also what's the status on EA's replacement?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Do you think Zero is telling the truth?
i really don't know what to think about him. i am trying to figure out if he's dumb or just really good at playing dumb.(no offense)
This is a good point. Not sure what a RB claiming at this point would do to help us, or even if there is one at this point.
rb claim: narrows down lynch choice if we choose not to lynch acfan. gives us option of blocking fan if we leave him alive and lynch doesn't flip sk. scum may fakeclaim and real rb may counterclaim or vice versa. in short, claims force scum into a corner and narrow our pool of suspects. if we are going to continue discussion for today, then it doesn't hurt to talk about the possibilities.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Herodotus »

@Don
I guess that logic isn't bad, but if the mafia have some (unlikely) means of neutralizing the RB's action, we'll have a false scum-read, and otherwise they may kill the person. Whether we have a doctor is not public knowledge. I suppose that if we do, that supports your plan, while if we don't, it would just throw away a town PR.
Another problem is that we'll have trouble telling the difference between a scum RB and a town RB. Either might have a motive to block acfan.
Also, it's worth noting that if we do not in fact have any role blockers, the scum may find that knowledge useful as well.
There are instances where Hero seems to be directing the scum team almost.
I hereby direct the mafia to send in one of their own names as their NK tonight. :)
But seriously, if I were mafia, I'd be claiming right now in order to get acfan lynched. It's a little frustrating that they're hurting their team along with the town, presumably because of the preconceptions people have about the scum role. People play it like a survivor, when it's a team role.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:35 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Well, if it has to be either I'm dumb or I'm good at playing dumb, it must be that I am dumb, because that's what people have implied in the past and I don't intend to be dumb.

What/who is SK, Sotty? But I do have high suspicion of ac, but like pretty much every other time in the past, I have made the mistake of voting for the person I find most suspicious. [BTW, I've never lynched a mafia member in all of my 5 games, so that sucks.] I wanna go with my instincts, but I want to be 99% sure first.
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Looker »

well thanks, now I feel dumb! but yeah...let's see, i think...YOU'RE scummy...you, the one reading this post...

you mull that over while i give the thread a THOROUGH lookin over
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Porkens »

scotty wrote: Porkens Post 639 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
I'm not voting because I'm torn on what to do right now. Non-commital
We have one replacement, I'm more than willing to let him catch up with us all. Withholding opinions and ideas until someone else speaks for reasons I can't understand.[/b]

In the mean time I will probably have to give the last few pages another read. I'll believe it when I see it; classic scum active lurking.

I'm not sure what to think about Zero's half assed cop claim. Scum coming out like he did really makes little sense. Town coming out like that makes little sense

Maybe we have two cops. One for mafia, one for the SK? Right now I'm not sure.
whats the competing hypothesis?

Zero really needs to come back in here and you know.. Start making some sense. That would be helpful. pointless and obviously not going to happen

1) I have already stated once in the thread (Post 550) that I am willing to vote Ac. As of right now, he is still my top suspect.

2) Well before this post I was adding to the discussion active lurking is a harsh conclusion to draw. That said, I can't really defend this point because I have been missing the last few days and I haven't done the re-read.

3) Scum coming out like that makes no sense. Especially with a dead cop already.

4) Not sure what you mean here. Could you explain?

5) Well yeah... Maybe you're right. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
If you're nor sure, what's the other idea you have floating around in your head to make you unsure?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Zero wrote:BTW, I've never lynched a mafia member in all of my 5 games, so that sucks.
Neither have I ever been on a successful wagon that lynched scum -- in fact, no scum has ever been lynched in any game I was in :( (though I don't have 5 completed games.)
Zero wrote:What/who is SK, Sotty?
SK stands for Serial Killer.
Looker wrote:well thanks, now I feel dumb! but yeah...let's see, i think...YOU'RE scummy...you, the one reading this post...

you mull that over while i give the thread a THOROUGH lookin over
I've mulled it over and decided it's something scum would say.
vote: Looker

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”