War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:53 am

Post by populartajo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
populartajo wrote:I dont understand you, DGB. You say ABR is scum for setting you a "trap" that only 5 years old would fall for and for his relations with "this game is too much for me" Juls, even when his meta tells he is town?
No. I'm saying he's scum for not acknowledging he's giving the town dangerous advice.

I'm saying he scared the living daylights out of poor Juls in the QT.

Thanks for twisting my words, pop. Tell me the truth, were you laughing and typing?
When did I twist your words? I asked for clarification. I still dont get it.
Its interesting how your first reaction is to attack me when you think I am town. Bravo, DGB.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

After I saw the weakness of your case DGB, I thought to myself that I could probably even convince
you
that I am town. I appreciate that you used your logic to compound your hypothesis that I am scum. This makes it easier for me to defend myself on facts, instead of emotional impulses to hurt you.

Part 1

Fair enough, let's watch the replay: I ask you to hurt Shinnen, which you indulge. Two pages later, you come to a sudden realization by a post from Kinetic. From this point onward, you start thinking that I set you up, because I definitely do know about the rage points. But in your hurry, you didn't read this post two pages earlier. Which means that at the time I asked you to prove that you couldn't hurt, I didn't believe that the scum could use rage points yet, regardless of whether they could or not. Part 1 has been refuted.

Part 2

I berrate you for not putting your words into actions. You claim.I reply, incredulous that any Ophanim would observe so early. Therefore I have not fished for your role, and you claimed completely out of your own volition.

Part 3

You accuse me of being scum on the premise that Juls is also scum, which you explain by me being scum. In conclusion, you are severely mistaken, and I especially owe you no apoligies.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:19 am

Post by The Fonz »

roflcopter wrote:drunk posting for the win get ready -

fucking stop hurting viq he is not scum

i'd like an opinion from the following people: xyl, abr, fonz
on this question: which of seraphim and tajo deserves to die more?

i ask because one of them is getting a beatdown as soon as i'm capable, and i'm not stopping til they're dead
Seraphim, clearly. Nontheless, DO NOT HURT WITHOUT SUPPORT ONE ELEVEN!

We have had two players today hurt a previously injured player with no support. Kinetic and Zwet. Kinetic looks like an enormous hypocrite to me for this, since Kinetic is second only to Tajo in counselling about the dangers of 'just hurting who you think is scum.' I want to know why Tajo, if he really is opposed to 'random damage' is ignoring this.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:32 am

Post by populartajo »

The Fonz wrote:
roflcopter wrote:drunk posting for the win get ready -

fucking stop hurting viq he is not scum

i'd like an opinion from the following people: xyl, abr, fonz
on this question: which of seraphim and tajo deserves to die more?

i ask because one of them is getting a beatdown as soon as i'm capable, and i'm not stopping til they're dead
Seraphim, clearly. Nontheless, DO NOT HURT WITHOUT SUPPORT ONE ELEVEN!

We have had two players today hurt a previously injured player with no support. Kinetic and Zwet. Kinetic looks like an enormous hypocrite to me for this, since Kinetic is second only to Tajo in counselling about the dangers of 'just hurting who you think is scum.' I want to know why Tajo, if he really is opposed to 'random damage' is ignoring this.
Im opposed to random damage coming from anyone who is in my neutral/scum group from my recent scumlist.
Today is a different day, though. Lynching Shinnen and she coming up scum really changes the way how the game should be played from now. We have a nice pool of players I would call prob town. Xyl's theory of the maximum number of mislynches should be applied now that we have heavily reduced the amount of suspects and that we can win if we hurt fast, aka consensus.
Intent to hurt: viq
Anybody with me?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:34 am

Post by populartajo »

Updated scumlist

Prob Town

Seprahim
ABR
q21
Cybele-WLC
Nuwen
Xyl
Rolf
Kinetic
Fonz

Feel Town, but still neutral.

Walt
Juls

Neutral

zwet
Drench
Giusepee
Hoopla
- R.I.P.

Prob Scum

DGB
Tenchi
viqles
Shinne
- YEAH, BABY.
Call me Tajo.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:37 am

Go ahead tajo, I don't like viq at 1+ hp than his max.

DGB, any more chapters to your case for me to tear apart? Your Milquetoast approach to lynching me is really falling flat here.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:55 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:DGB, any more chapters to your case for me to tear apart? Your Milquetoast approach to lynching me is really falling flat here.
My primary goal is for people to make up their own minds.

First, because you don't want to have a scumbag in the game's driver's seat, and second, because it's hard to find scumtells in a flock of sheep.

You're totally scum in my book, but I realize that I have insights into your psychology that others don't, and therefore, convincing the sheeple is probably a losing battle.

You have not torn my arguments apart, you have twisted them. For instance, you shone the spotlight on every possible ophan.

But I'm no sheep, and there's at least one player with her eyes wide open, staring at you.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:57 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

populartajo wrote:
Updated mutton list

SHEEP

Seprahim
q21
Cybele-WLC
Nuwen
Xyl
Rolf
Kinetic
Fonz

Sheepish

Walt
Juls

Submissive

zwet
Drench
Giusepee
Hoopla
- R.I.P.

Mindless followers

Tenchi
viqles
Shinne
- YEAH, BABY.
fixed.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

DrippingGoofball wrote:.

You're totally scum in my book, but I realize that I have insights into your psychology that others don't, and therefore, convincing the sheeple is probably a losing battle.
You were arguing on basically the same basis for his townieness earlier.

Does anyone feel Kinetic's hypocrisy is noteworthy? Just me then.

Also, Juls feels town to me.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:15 am

Post by populartajo »

Hurt: viqles.
viqles wrote:
rolf wrote:hoopla is also scum...
I really don't like people who make definitive statements like these - especially if there's no way that they could have any info.
We know, specially rolf, how much scum hate this type of statements.
viqles wrote:If you have suspicions, then present your argument. If you don't think people are convinced, then present it again - expand and clarify. Just repeating declaritive statements does not further the game...
FOS:copter
Nice FOS there.
vIQleS wrote:
Shinnen_no_Me wrote:
vIQleS wrote:Random anything at this point has a 75% chance of hitting town.
How can you be so sure? That's a pretty solid number, you know. The only way you would know that is that you know how much scum there are, hence, you must be a scum as well.
Based on a standard mafia setup - 1 scum to 3 town. i.e. (as has already been mentioned) in a 12 player game you get 3 scum.
But that's ok - I forgive you... :-)
Please, tell me Im not the only one seeing there is something stinky in this conversation. Considering that was the only comment Shinnen made about viq and how he suspected Kinetic, xyl and rolf/ARB later.
ABR wrote:
viqles wrote:I really don't like people who make definitive statements like these - especially if there's no way that they could have any info.
If you have suspicions, then present your argument. If you don't think people are convinced, then present it again - expand and clarify. Just repeating declaritive statements does not further the game...
FOS:copter
How hypocritical. Why are you taking it out on copter, but not DGB?
OMG!
viqles wrote:I did notice DBG, but I didn't see it as quite so pernicious. If it makes you feel better - FOS:DBG. I'm still not attacking either of them
Actually, I think that scum tried to concentrate efforts on rolf. DGB's bussing is possible, though.
vIQleS wrote:Why are you defending roflcopter?
Lies.
viqles wrote:
Kin wrote:Assuming everything that is said about rage mechanics is true in this game, that means at most scum can only hold up to 3 rage points.
Did someone say that?Because I don't remember anyone else saying that... I'm going to bed - can someone check this please.
Weren't you scum in the last game?
viqles wrote:I'm not going to argue the 75% crap anymore. I've answered the question and if you really need to grasp at straws at this point then you're out of your tiny little minds.
SO, ITS CRAP NOW? WHY WASNT IT WHEN SHINNEN BROUGHT IT?
viqles wrote:Neither shine nor hoop are on my radar scum-wise.
At this point it seems the best option is to hurt one of them, and I expect I shall do so when I have ability back.
I will have to read carefully to see which of them I can build a case for. (If I can at all. If not I'll probably have to hurt Xyl)
Oh, yes, would it be too obvious if I hurt Shinnen?
viqles wrote:I read something that made me think that Shinnen was more likely town then hoopla (who seems fairly neutral at the mo.) but I can't remember what it was. I need to do some more reading.
I AM STILL WAITING.
viqles wrote:Scummy to me at the moment:
Xyl
Kenetic
Rofl
ABR
I'm thinking DGB is less scummy then my last post - although my reasoning here could be flawed...
Reading to be done, then post more. Then hurting. Possibly Shinnen, just to see the kill and hence results. Then examine the bandwagon...
The fact that 4 of the players he thinks are scummier are players I think are town is strange.
viqles wrote:Fair call - if anyone thinks it still relevant, I'll try and have a look. Unfortunately I also have to work, as I've spent a considerable amount of time over the last few (work) days doing this instead of working and I don't want to get in trouble.
I'll try and do a read tonight. (I have a feeling that there was something that seemed like such a scummy thing to say that no one who was scum would say something like that. So it may turn out to be a bit WIFOM...)
LESS EXCUSES, PLUZ.
viqles wrote:Just checking in (skim read to catch up) to say that i'd really like to see a Juls lynch next.
That whole "when you kill me you'll see ABR...", and "don't kill ABR..." really bothers me.
It shouldnt. Explain why. What happened to your other suspects, huh? Why didnt you hurt Hoopla?
viqles wrote:Well I don't. But then I didn't think Shinnen was scum either - and apparently there was some really huge scumtells that everyone else picked up on...
You raise a vaild point tho, so I'm going to be decisive and:
Hurt:Juls
Just because of the ABR following / defending. Just doesn't seem right to me.
Such a weak reason.
[/quote]
Call me Tajo.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I see Drench has been posting over in Mish Mash, but not here. Let's see if he's actually paying attention.

Hurt: Drench
Xylthixlm finds Drench resting under a tree with his eyes closed, strumming a lute. Out comes the Golden Hammer for a gentle tap on the side of the head. SQUEAK!
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

That's a pretty solid case by Tajo. It does strike me as bizarre to have ABR, Xyl, Rofl,
and Kinetic
as suspects. I mean, one player suspecting the first three just indicates he has a problem with the aggressive faction. But there's no logic to suspecting those guys, and Kinetic as well, when kinetic at the time was basically the polar opposite. Plus, y'know, the whole being scum last time thing...
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:01 am

Post by vIQleS »

OMFG - I've completely and definitively answered all but one of those points.

And to cover why I haven't been hurting (because scum will have already figured it out) - I am an ophan. I've been watching xyl. Is that what you wanted to confirm?

I don't have a problem with agressive, I have a problem with people who argue like creationists. In fact some of those people are less scummy then I originally thought, and others more.

Kinetic had some sort of vaguely scummy vibe early on. I'm not even sure i still see it, but I'm focussing on the top three or four at the moment.
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

vIQleS: Thanks for saying who you're targeting. If I was scum, I would make sure my scumbuddies used any necessary rage instead of me.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:31 am

Post by roflcopter »

i see the kinetic thing too fonz

intent to hurt one of seraphim, tajo or kinetic tonight when i can take action
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:48 am

Post by roflcopter »

if anyone has any compelling reasons for or against any of those three players now is the time to tell me.

i don't consider xyl and seraphim's little man love thing they have going on between them to be compelling.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:49 am

Post by vIQleS »

Xylthixlm wrote:vIQleS: Thanks for saying who you're targeting. If I was scum, I would make sure my scumbuddies used any necessary rage instead of me.
/me waits for xyl to reread...
Show
[size=75]

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

vIQleS wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:vIQleS: Thanks for saying who you're targeting. If I was scum, I would make sure my scumbuddies used any necessary rage instead of me.
/me waits for xyl to reread...
What am I supposed to be rereading?

vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:34 am

Post by vIQleS »

Xylthixlm wrote: What am I supposed to be rereading?
vIQleS wrote:I am an ophan. I've been watching xyl.
vIQleS wrote: Anyway - I'm ready to hurt now...
vIQleS wrote:
Hurt:Juls
Geddit?
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Good enough.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:if anyone has any compelling reasons for or against any of those three players now is the time to tell me.

i don't consider xyl and seraphim's little man love thing they have going on between them to be compelling.
I did a reread on Seraphim. He's still town.

WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:57 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

why is no one discussing more about Walt's posts 1042/1043/1044?
Walt: what was your thought process at that point, why did you feel the need to specify the number of scum, and then adjust your number?

I'd be willing to heard Walt because of his somewhat nervous behavior later as well as these 3 post mentioned. I'd also be willing to hurt Juls because she doesn't bring anything on her own. How convenient to just follow someone else, which allows you to post, but not having to say something new yourself which might make you slip up. Finally, I'd be willing to hurt ABR. Could be it's just his personality, but I've been scum with him in a previous game, and his behavior now feels really like then (granted, I haven't played with him when he was town, so I don't know if he'd behave in the same way).
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:01 am

Ah, Weyouns! Describe to us what I was like as your teammate in RP mafia.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Nuwen »

Concerning Tajo,

His early defense of the voting system, while dramatic, reads as extremely town to me. The two competing system had disadvantages and advantages - voting allows for more stringent wagon analysis, because a single consensus is forced and competing wagons tend to give way. But a voting system is slow, as a fuckton of people pointed out. Fonz's buddy system allows for quicker hurts and maximizes cooldown use, but it allows for multiple cases to run in parallel; the entire game's attention is never focused on a single target, thus 'avoiding' a stance on a wagon can be masked by simply attacking someone else or hopping on a competing wagon. Pushing one system over another is not scummy, but stupid - optimal town play was to pick a method quickly and stick to it, whatever it was.

The creators of either system are convinced that system opposed to his own functions in opposite to the town's interests. The
real
opposition to town play is the polarity brought into the game by Fonz and Tajo refusing to compromise and accept a tactic that would simply work, if not work well.

Concerning Tajo and his strawman,
populartajo wrote: HURTING WITH NO ORDER WAS THE REASON WHY TOWN LOST THE FUCKING GAME LAST TIME.
populartajo wrote:RANDOM HURTING IS NOT THE WAY TO GO.
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS?
populartajo wrote:ALSO, FOR THE RECORD, MY PLAN IS NOT SYNONIMUS OF LAGGING THE GAME. I DONT KNOW WHO FUCKTARD THINKS THIS. I AGREE WITH DEADLINES.
WHAT I DONT AGREE IS THAT EVERYONE CAN HURT WHOEVER THEY THINK IS SCUM. HURT FEST ONLY BENEFITS SCUM.
WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.
THE VOTING SYSTEM IS A WAY TO ESTABLISH WHO THE TOWN SHOULD HURT. ITS NOT STALLING THE GAME.
THE HEALING AT THE BEGINNING WAS NOT A STRATEGY OF STALLING THE GAME. ITS A STRATEGY OF TOPPING THE HPS OF THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS WHICH WE KNOW ARE TOWN. WHO BENEFITS MORE OF HAVING MORE HPS: 4-5 SCUM OR 15-16 TOWNIES?
FONZ AND SUPPORTER ARE EITHER RETARDED OR ARE OBVSCUM GOING AGAINST A`PLAN THAT GIVES TOWN THE CONTROL OF THE GAME.
The Fonz wrote:You've presented your opinion on why town lost many times, you miserable self-centred piece of shit. That doesn't change the fact that you're wrong, and your plan is incredibly scum-benefitting because it will slow the game down and allow the scum to rack up more rage points.

I REPEAT FOR THE HARD OF THINKING: TAJO'S PLAN = HANDING THE GAME TO SCUM.

I am SO fucking angry right now.
Both sides committed the same fallacy:

Player_x proposes plan_x, with advantages a, b, c, and disadvantages -a, -b, -c.

Player_y proposes plan_y with advantages a, e, f, and disadvantages -a, -e-, -f.

Plan_x and Plan_x happen to share a common advantage (organization) and have a host of separate advantages, accompanied by matching disadvantages. Player_x and Player_y both latch on to the disadvantages of the other's plan, insisting that because they have the potential to hurt the town, that player is scummy. Neither acknowledges that any system of voting/hurting is going to have inherently exploitable pitfalls.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

WLC: I'll join you on Walt as soon as I recharge. Hopefulyl we'll get Nuwen, too.

Some of the things Walt has said are really setting off alarm bells, particularly an early comment about power roles. Now he's encouraging the town to just lynch randomly which I find even worse. I was seriously considering the possibility that he's drunk every time he posts, but that would involve a
lot
of alcohol for that burst over the weekend...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”