Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:06 am

Post by Artem »

Azhrei wrote: For today, I think our lynch should definitely be GC or Shinn. At the moment, I consider Shinn to be the more likely to be scum.
Why is Charrat not an option?

Question: should I state who I'm going to protect tonight, in case I'm a weak doc?

Votecount

Shinnen_no_me
(2):
Zerophear, Azhrei

Artem (0):
Azhrei (0):
Charrat (0):
Green Crayons (0):
Zerophear (0):

Not votingb (4):
Shinnen_no_me, Green crayons, Artem, Charrat

With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:18 am

Post by springlullaby »

My timezone is GMT+1

But I probably won't be available tomorrow night so expect the day to actually end sometime Monday morning.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:25 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

I have no much to say anymore. I know that I'm town, and that my lynch will make the (probably) the town lose. And what's worst, I don't even have serious bases to accuse someone. However, let's try something:

After some thinking, everything I've come up is pure wifom. The other cops may as well be lying, Zero with his convenient second night action roleblocked (and with his vote), and GC with his different results in his investigations. The doctors, I still think that three of them are just too much. And, finally, the vanilla townie which I just can't fit in the middle of so many power roles.

But as I said, everything's so wifom that I just can't make something concrete.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Shinnen, I think you mean "inconvenient second night action roleblocked." And don't you think it would make sense for them to block me, when I claimed to be a cop?
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Artem wrote:
Azhrei wrote: For today, I think our lynch should definitely be GC or Shinn. At the moment, I consider Shinn to be the more likely to be scum.
Why is Charrat not an option?

Question: should I state who I'm going to protect tonight, in case I'm a weak doc?
I say no for Charrat for a couple of reasons. One, because I'm really not sure which one of you two docs is the scum, and two, because if we lynch a cop, we still have a slim chance to make it through the night (with doc protecting right) whereas if we lynch the doc, we're all screwed. Also, I'd say don't tell us who you are protecting, as if you really are doc, then the mafia know who not to target. If you're mafia, then the whole exercise is pointless anyway.

And Shinn, Zero is right, it does make sense for Zero to be blocked, as he is a claimed cop, and it also makes sense for there to be a roleblocker for the scum, as there are that many town power roles, they need something going for them so that the game is relatively balanced.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

I know, but there's also this crazy possibility: Zero is scum who made an early claim to ensure a higher trust among town. Later, he decided to play as "roleblocked" instead of being killed in the night. That way, he wouldn't have to fake a second result, thus lowering the chances of being caught in a lie.

Yes, it's a bit crazy, but it's an option too. Everything's so wifom lately...
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Azhrei »

I know it's an option, but it's very unlikely in comparison.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

That's not a crazy thought, Shinnen, I would think that too if I were in your situation. However, it's not the case.

I have a question for everyone: Assuming that there are 2 scum members, please post the two people who you suspect the most in being scum.

For me, it's Shinnen & Charrat
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Artem »

Azhrei wrote: I say no for Charrat for a couple of reasons. One, because I'm really not sure which one of you two docs is the scum, and two, because if we lynch a cop, we still have a slim chance to make it through the night (with doc protecting right) whereas if we lynch the doc, we're all screwed. Also, I'd say don't tell us who you are protecting, as if you really are doc, then the mafia know who not to target. If you're mafia, then the whole exercise is pointless anyway.
Here's my thinking. If we're still playing this game after the cardflip, I will protect Azhrei. If I flip a weak doc and there's another death, it means Azhrei is mafia. Since Azhrei claimed a vanilla, I don't run the risk of blocking a power role if I'm a blocking doc. The mafia will be forced to kill one of the cops, thereby revealing their sanity, or me or Charrat, which is good also since we're both suspicious and the town gets a free cardflip.

Vote: Shinn

What do you think of the plan?
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Azhrei »

I think you really shouldn't have said that... I say go with it ONLY if Shinn is scum, because otherwise (as I am inclined to believe you really are doc) the mafia know not t target me, and we have no chance of surviving.

And Zero, I'm pretty sure Shinn is scum, and I'm about 60/40 on Charrat/Artem, with Charrat being the scummier. Of course, that could all change with Shinn's cardflip.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm thinking Shinn/Art or Charrat/Az - if there are no godfathers. With godfathers, Shinn/Charrat doesn't seem too bad.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Charrat »

Zer0ph34r wrote:That's not a crazy thought, Shinnen, I would think that too if I were in your situation. However, it's not the case.

I have a question for everyone: Assuming that there are 2 scum members, please post the two people who you suspect the most in being scum.

For me, it's Shinnen & Charrat
I believe Shinn is more likely scum than any other player here at the moment. I would guess that the most likely scum team is either Shinn and Azhrei or Shinn and Artem. In the unlikely and unfortunate situation where Shinn is not scum, then I think we are looking at GC and Azhrei. I am thinking that Azhrei might be scum because his claim was the safest and most convinient one and if he and one of the cops are scum that would mean we have 3 docs and 3 cops, which somehow feels right to me. But, thats just speculation.
Artem wrote:Here's my thinking. If we're still playing this game after the cardflip, I will protect Azhrei. If I flip a weak doc and there's another death, it means Azhrei is mafia. Since Azhrei claimed a vanilla, I don't run the risk of blocking a power role if I'm a blocking doc. The mafia will be forced to kill one of the cops, thereby revealing their sanity, or me or Charrat, which is good also since we're both suspicious and the town gets a free cardflip.

Vote: Shinn

What do you think of the plan?
You may have been asking Azhrei specifically, but I am going to reply anyways. :P I think thats a good plan, with some problems arising if the mafia have a roleblocker or if Azhrei is scum and you are not a weak doctor. Also, I think it might make more sense for me to block Azhrei, since there is probably a greater chance that I am a paranoid doc than you. Hrm, the more I think about who should protect who, I start wandering into WIFOM territory. It will be interesting to see how the town looks after the night, if we are lucky enough to survive it.

I have been putting a lot of thought into who I should vote for, or if I should vote at all. I am heading to bed shortly and I don't know whether or not I will be back before deadline, so I will make my decision now.

As I have said before, I am quite confident that either GC or Shinn is scum based on their claimed investigation results. This means, from my perspective, we have a 50% chance of catching scum by lynching either one of them. After considering their actions, statements, and contributions so far in this game, it seems that Shinn is the safer candidate for lynching. While I wouldn't say that Shinn has been exceptionally scummy, he has been somewhat inconsistent in his thoughts and I do find that mildly scummy, and scummier than anything else I have seen on D2 so far. When I compare Shinn to GC, however, there is a clear difference. GC has been, on D2 especially, very insightful and useful in cutting through the clutter and making sense of the claims being made. He has put forth a great deal of effort to help the town make the right decision today. He has been one of the strongest players here and pro-town all the way. He wasn't very active D1, but has become more active since. All things considered, I feel the best choice is...

Vote: Shinnen_no_Me
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Oh, now isn't that interesting... Both of the docs have voted for Shinn. I have a feeling we may have just screwed up, or a bussing went down.

That was the hammer, right?
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Yeah, that's 4 votes on shinnen, but for some reason, I feel that since we all suspect him, we may be wrong. Man, I hope not. So damn close to a win.
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

*sigh...*

Way to lose, town.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by Azhrei »

The wait is killing me...
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Charrat »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:*sigh...*

Way to lose, town.
I hope you aren't being honest. :(

The suspense is just awful, lol. I wonder if spring is doing this intentionally? :P
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

I'm being honest...

Good job, mafia. I must admit it, you played nicely.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Azhrei »

And now I'm getting this really bad feeling that we've been played masterfully.

Whoever you are scum, if Shin is being honest, you played well. Now, target whoever the doc targets, would you? :P
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

As convincing as shinnen is, if he was scum he wouldn't tell us at this point, he would keep lying.
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

-_-U
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Whare are you spring? If this is intentional... :P
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Am I still required to make an obligatory post even though I don't have anything to say and we already have a lynchee? If so, here it is.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:09 am

Post by springlullaby »

Final votecount of the day

Shinnen_no_me
(4):
Zerophear, Azhrei, Artem, Charrat

Artem (0):
Azhrei (0):
Charrat (0):
Green Crayons (0):
Zerophear (0):

Not voting (2):
Shinnen_no_me, Green crayons,

Three day after the Mayor's murder, Quietown was in a difficult situation.

"Four cops?! No wonder my taxes are so high!"
"Guys I think we need to slow down, we don't want to misl - "
"Yeah, this is a public spendings scandal! We want our money back!"
"Guys, seriously, maybe we should just leave it alone for tod - "
"Heh, how come this guy isn't angry like the rest of us? Do you enjoy it when my tax money go to waste?"
"Wha - No, I'm just saying mayb-"
"He is with them!"
"Huh, with who - "
"The corrupt communist pigs who are stealing our monies!"
"Wha - Wait!"
"Die corrupt pig."

Shinnen_no_me,
a random sanity cop
was lynched.

The town was quite embarrassed.

"So, why did we lynch him again?"
"Dunno, lol."
"Oh well, never liked him much anyway."

And with that, the few people left were ready to head home, when...

"Not so fast."

The lugubrious tone of familiar voice put shrills into the remaining townies' hearts, but, hypnotized by its command, they obeyed; only to face the incoming trajectories of three deadly bullets. One for each of them.

Artem, a quack, was killed by a shot in the head.

Azhrei, a vanilla townie, was killed by a shot in the heart.

Zer0ph34r, a sane cop was shot in the gonads (and quickly bleed to death).

The silence which followed the three deafening detonations was resounding. The two remaining men stood there, enjoying it.

Green_Crayons, mafia roleblocker, wins!
Charrat, mafia goon, wins!

And unseasonal snow started to fall on the once idyllic Town Square of the quiet town of Quietown, framing in a dramatic fashion the dark ruby of the spilt blood with their crystalline flakes, and providing this game with a perfect, cinematographic ending.

FIN
Last edited by springlullaby on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:55 am

Post by springlullaby »

The setup

Town:

2 Townies: Azhrei, seb456zig
1 Sane cop: Zer0ph34r
1 Random cop*: Shinnen_no_Me
1 Naive cop: alexhans
1 Doctor: Zeenon
1 Quack**: Artem
1 Miller***: hohum

*Coin flip for investigation results. Would have stopped getting guilty after two of them, except in case of miller who is always guilty.
** Kills town target, no effect on scum.
*** Shows as guilty to all cops.

Scum

1 Goon: Charrat
1 Role Blocker: Green Crayons

Role PM's:

cop wrote:You are a cop. Every night you may investigate one player.

You win when all threats to the town are dead.
doc wrote:You are a doc. Every night you may choose one person to protect.

miller wrote:You are a Miller. Life sucks really, even though you are the kindest of soul, your shifty demeanor makes you suspect to every cop in town.

You have a vote and everyday you may use it to evict a player from the game.

Mafia RB wrote:You are a MAFIA ROLEBLOCKER. You are part of the mafia with Charrat. Every night your team may choose a person to eliminate from the game.
The designated killer may send me a PM with the name of the target.

In addition you may choose one person to roleblock to prevent them from performing any night action. You may kill and roleblock at the same time.

During nights and the pregame phase you may talk with your partner in this thread: <QT here>

You win whenever the members of your team comprise the majority of the town, or when nothing can prevent it.
Scum may want to post their quick topic.

The night actions

N1

Zero investigates hohum - guilty
Alex investigates Charrat - guilty
Shinen investigates hohum - guilty
Zeenon protects Shinen - no need
Artem "protects" Charrat - blocked/no effect
Green_Crayons kills alexhans, block Artem - done, no need

N2

Zero investigates Green Crayons - blocked
Shinnen investigates Green Crayons - guilty
Zeenon protects Zero - dead
Artem "protects" Charrat - no effect
Green Crayons kill Zeenon, block Zero - done, done

Notes

This is where I own up to one big mistake I made. You may have noticed that Zero's investigation on N1 is marked as hohum, but that Zero actually claimed guilty on Charrat in game. That's because I screwed up, Zero asked to investigate hohum, but I made a slip and sent him 'Guilty on Charrat' for result. When I realized it, I couldn't go back as Zero had already claimed, and there was no way of correcting the result without confirming him in thread.

So of course I asked him to cover it up and he did. (Thanks :p )

I feared this would disadvantage scum, but turns out it didn't.

Now, GG all, and congrats to scum. It was an agreeable game to mod. And I think we broke some kind of record with one and only replacement for the entire game.

I'm curious what you think of the setup, so please comment.

I have more notes on the game and everyone play, I'll post them later.

Last edited by springlullaby on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”