Best Role Ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Battousai »

Remorseful Vigilante
- You can kill any night you want, but if you
kill
an innocent you will commit suicide after their role is revealed that day.

This role could get problematic if it targets a lover, 3 dead townies without the scum lifting a finger...

I think this role already exists in some form, but I don't feel like looking it up right now.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

In this game
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7283
Thesp was a 'day' vig that worked as you speak of battou
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:46 am

Post by kirroha »

Seraphim wrote:
kirroha wrote:You are the
Gawd
- You win Day One and the game ends. For absolutely no reason.
I think you're looking for the Worst Roles topic...
But you win. D:
with a chainsaw.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Battousai »

PokerFace wrote:In this game
Yeah, but with the night vig variant other roles have more of an impact on whether or not you kill yourself. Also, that is the first time I've seen someone shorten my name to battou I believe.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

Battousai wrote:
PokerFace wrote:In this game
Yeah, but with the night vig variant other roles have more of an impact on whether or not you kill yourself. Also, that is the first time I've seen someone shorten my name to battou I believe.
You are correct there so you mourn based on your success and the impact of others which is a bit more interesting.
kirroha wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
kirroha wrote:You are the
Gawd
- You win Day One and the game ends. For absolutely no reason.
I think you're looking for the Worst Roles topic...
But you win. D:
PokerFace wrote:Best for only you
Worst for everyone else
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

You
Have a loud whistle

The town watch you are a part of has asked you to keep an eye on the neighborhood, and has given you a loud whistle to blow when you see any criminal activity.

You may choose one person to watch. If you see anyone trying to break into that person's house, you blow your whistle, and the criminal is forced to either run away or, if he dosn't do that, you have a chance to see who he is.

You win with the town.

(Combined doc/watcher variant; if someone tries to kill a person you're protecting, he will be PM'd a choice; EITHER he runs away, in which case the kill fails, OR he goes ahead and kills anyway, in which case the kill succeeds but you find who the killer is. Either way, it's the killer's choice if he would rather be prevented from killing or identified.)
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yosarian2 wrote:You
Have a loud whistle

The town watch you are a part of has asked you to keep an eye on the neighborhood, and has given you a loud whistle to blow when you see any criminal activity.

You may choose one person to watch. If you see anyone trying to break into that person's house, you blow your whistle, and the criminal is forced to either run away or, if he dosn't do that, you have a chance to see who he is.

You win with the town.

(Combined doc/watcher variant; if someone tries to kill a person you're protecting, he will be PM'd a choice; EITHER he runs away, in which case the kill fails, OR he goes ahead and kills anyway, in which case the kill succeeds but you find who the killer is. Either way, it's the killer's choice if he would rather be prevented from killing or identified.)
I like this one
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Plum »

PokerFace wrote:
Have a loud whistle

You win with the town.

I like this one
I agree with PokerFace re: Yosarian2's idea.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Caboose »

Have a loud whistle

You win with the town.

Would this apply to non killing roles like roleblockers and cops?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Caboose wrote:
Have a loud whistle

You win with the town.

Would this apply to non killing roles like roleblockers and cops?
Nope, just kills.

It's basically designed to be a slightly weaker doc variant, that helps prevent the kind of broken "cop claims, doc protects, town wins" stuff by giving a scum the option to kill the cop in that case anyway, but at a high price.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Battousai »

But by the flavor, the whistleblower sees someone enter the targets house and blows their whistle. Wouldn't that make anyone hearing it run away, thereby blocking it and the role is essentially a jailkeeper with the chance of a killer's action to get through at the cost of revealment.
Shrinehme
Shrinehme
Goon
Shrinehme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Shrinehme »

You are the [
Gossip/Snoop/something else
].

At night, you may choose two players other than yourself. You discover whether or not the two players are aligned, but not their role or alignment [i.e. Scum + SK = "unaligned"; Doctor + Townie = "aligned", ect.].

A unique type of investigator, and while not as powerful as the typical Cop, it's pretty useful if it can survive 'till the later stages of a game [much like the DNA Cop posted earlier in this thread.].

And I lack a proper name for it.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Herodotus »

You are a
Quack Psychiatrist
. Each night, you (must/may) target one other player. If that player is a Serial Killer, they become a Vanilla Townie. If that player is any pro-town role, they become a Serial Killer.
If one Serial Killer
you created
targets you for a kill at night, instead you spend the night talking them down. You lose your night choice, that kill is prevented, and the SK becomes a VT (you are told that this happened, but you aren't told who targeted you.)
If more than one SK you created targets you at night, you lose your night choice and die. If you are NK'ed by anyone else, that doesn't cause you to lose your night choice.
You win when you are the last survivor, or the last survivors are you and one SK you created, or nothing can prevent this.
Alt WC:
You win with the town.
(bastard mod note: you could just tell them they're a psychiatrist.)
Alt WC:
You when a Serial Killer you created wins.
The mod needs to decide how to handle the SK's choice on the nights they are created or turned townie. And the role should only be used if the players are comfortable with changing WC's.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Shrinehme wrote:You are the [
].

At night, you may choose two players other than yourself. You discover whether or not the two players are aligned, but not their role or alignment [i.e. Scum + SK = "unaligned"; Doctor + Townie = "aligned", ect.].

A unique type of investigator, and while not as powerful as the typical Cop, it's pretty useful if it can survive 'till the later stages of a game [much like the DNA Cop posted earlier in this thread.].

I believe the name you're looking for is
Which of These is Not Like the Other Cop
(used by Petroleumjelly in Read Your Role Mafia).

Should be sung to the tune of "Can't go back to Constantinople" for best results.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:10 am

Post by Seraphim »

^ This role is actually good. I don't know if Quack is the right title for it, though...
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

].

That's actually much more powerful than a regular cop. You can all-but-confirm two townies a day.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:13 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Xylthixlm wrote:
].

That's actually much more powerful than a regular cop. You can all-but-confirm two townies a day.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

You are a
Third Wheel.

At night, you may target any two other players. If either attempts to target the other, they will be roleblocked.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The Fonz wrote:You are a
Third Wheel.

At night, you may target any two other players. If either attempts to target the other, they will be roleblocked.
Lawls!
xelada
xelada
Townie
xelada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:17 am

Post by xelada »

You are a
Protective Freind

At night, you may target any player. Anyone who targets your target instead targets you.
You are a
Defensive Freind

At night, you may target any player. If your target targets anyone, your target targets you instead.
You are an
Over-Protective Freind

At night, you may target any player. Anyone who targets your target instead targets you and if your target targets anyone, your target targets you instead.
You
Glow In The Dark

At night, whoever you target will see that you targeted them but not what you did.
You are
Bioluminescence

At night, whoever you target will see that you targeted them and what you did.
You have
Very Good Eyes

At night, whenever someone targets you, you see who it was but not what they did.
You have
Night Vision

At night, whenever someone targets you, you see who it was and what they did.
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:34 am

Post by GIEFF »

You are the
Guy without a thesaurus
. You used the same word 7 times in one sentence in your role PM.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Here is the link to the role list in my Marathon Weekend running of Bastard Face Mafia:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 46#1585946
There are some cruel worst roles and some strong best roles that were put into this game.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are the Guy without a thesaurus. You used the same word 7 times in one sentence in your role PM.
I count 8 if you include plurals.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
xelada
xelada
Townie
xelada
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:26 am

Post by xelada »

>.< sorry
but any of you got any better ideas for what to put in the PM?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Battousai »

mark

Return to “Mafia Discussion”