Newbie 744 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Yaw »

Or perhaps I won't be looking for a replacement...

Final Vote Count:

blueshadow (5): Raivann, yellowbunny, Kmd4390, CntRational, AshKetchummm
CntRational (2): ZazieR, blueshadow

Not Voting: syndromeofadown, alexhans

A silent blueshadow is brought to the town gallows and strung up. When he is dead, you find in his pocket an Esmereldan townie business card.

blueshadow, Townie, lynched Day 1

It is now night 1. Unfortunately due to Kmd's absence this will be a longish night -- I need to give everyone the opportunity to submit a night choice, so that nobody would be able to get any indicators as to a player's alignment because they were absent. Since he's back on Saturday, that means Night 1 will end
Sunday, March 22 at midnight Eastern Time
. For those that have night choices, make sure I receive them by PM before that time.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Yaw »

The sun rises, red as blood over Esmerelda. As you gather in the town square, you remark on how the sun has coloured the puddles on the ground. Oh wait...those aren't coloured by the sun. Following the puddles, you find yellowbunny dead in an alley, a first-aid kit clutched in his hand.

yellowbunny, doctor, killed Night 1.

It is now Day 2. With 7 alive, it will take 4 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:57 am

Post by CntRational »

...well, I suppose I'll post my defense after a short while, kay? (I hate being sick...)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:53 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote CntRational

Same reasons as yesterday:
Kmd4390 wrote:
CntRational wrote: So, what are the suspicions on me? If I can get a clearer idea of what they are, I will present my defense.
1) The FoS in the RVS when you weren't voting anyone. I saw this as cautious play matching your meta, but that's wrong as you have been more aggressive lately.

2) The fear of putting SoaD at L-2 which is notable because of your L-1 vote on Ash later.

3) Calling out Dennis for lurking when a few others were worse offenders, specifically Mizz.

4) Also quick to jump on the "lurker" who had posted 30 hours before you called him out.

5) Called Mizz a confused townie and then voted Ash 3 posts later with little reasoning.

6) Placed Ash at L-1 with little reasoning. Looks like you want to lynch pretty quickly there.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:01 am

Post by AshKetchummm »

I have to agree with what KMD posted above, as I said my main suspension was on Cntr above blue.

But I'm not going to rush my vote this time, and would like to hear from Cntr.
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by syndromeofadown »

@yellowbunny.

Blue is clean. I'm 100% sure about this. Cntr is scummy, we've already been over this, no need to beat a dead horse. Ash at first seemed really scummy, and of course mizz mafia's play didnt really help his case much either, but the more he plays, the townier he seems. *shrug*

@zazier

My top suspicion is cntrational. Then after that would be Ash, then zazier, raivann, and alexhans are tied. The least suspicious player from my point of view is kmd, though it'd be hard for me to give you a reason exactly why. Just my intuition I guess, combined with the fact that he hasn't really done anything that screams "mafia" to me.

@everyone

what do you think of yellow's death. Why do you think mafia decided to kill him/her?

Also, what do you think about me ignoring yellow's questions until after he/she was dead? Coincidence?

also:

Vote CntRational
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by alexhans »

OK... So... being extremely positive ... we can rule out 2 and 3 setups. If there is a cop there is a mafia roleblocker. So the cop should know it. But DONT claim or you'll be blocked.

1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.

2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.
AshKetchummm wrote: But I'm not going to rush my vote this time, and would like to hear from Cntr.
Glad you say this cause I felt like yelling at you when you hammered without letting blue answer.
AshKetchummm wrote:I did a little readthrough today, and came up with this little gem.
yellowbunny wrote:
Zaz wrote: In my opinion even scummier than blue, all because of Gimbo/Puta Puta. I've seen him both play as scum and as town. On this page he entered the game. Three pages later, he was lynched. Blue's play really reminds me of him.
That is interesting. Of course, just because another player behaves this way when town doesn't necessarily mean that is what Blue is doing. The primary difference I see is that Puta Puta kept emphasizing he was town (despite voting for himself! oO), whereas Blue hasn't really done that.
Still...food for thought. I am awaiting his comments when he responds to the prod.
It seems while being pressured, instead of making a case, you re directed the attention back to the other wagon forming. So I hope this is a good move, and it will get the game moving along because we won't have to find a replacement, and wait for them to catch up...while i still strongly dislike Cntr's play right now, I'm going to go ahead and.
Unvote- Vote: Blueshadow
YOU VOTED JUST TO MOVE THE GAME ALONG!!! ARGH!! BETTER KILL A MUTE SUSPICIOUS MAN THAN SEARCH FOR A REPLACEMENT? according to that we should've lynched your predecessor before you arrived...
You have just won a FoS!
FoS Ash

People... If you are suspicious of CnrT fine by me but try to make the day the a long one so we can discuss and get a lot of info for tomorrow. What we have until now seems crap but I'll re-read and see what I can found.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by alexhans »

OK... So... being extremely positive ... we can rule out 2 and 3 setups. If there is a cop there is a mafia roleblocker. So the cop should know it. But DONT claim or you'll be blocked.

1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.

2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.
AshKetchummm wrote: But I'm not going to rush my vote this time, and would like to hear from Cntr.
Glad you say this cause I felt like yelling at you when you hammered without letting blue answer.
AshKetchummm wrote:I did a little readthrough today, and came up with this little gem.
yellowbunny wrote:
Zaz wrote: In my opinion even scummier than blue, all because of Gimbo/Puta Puta. I've seen him both play as scum and as town. On this page he entered the game. Three pages later, he was lynched. Blue's play really reminds me of him.
That is interesting. Of course, just because another player behaves this way when town doesn't necessarily mean that is what Blue is doing. The primary difference I see is that Puta Puta kept emphasizing he was town (despite voting for himself! oO), whereas Blue hasn't really done that.
Still...food for thought. I am awaiting his comments when he responds to the prod.
It seems while being pressured, instead of making a case, you re directed the attention back to the other wagon forming. So I hope this is a good move, and it will get the game moving along because we won't have to find a replacement, and wait for them to catch up...while i still strongly dislike Cntr's play right now, I'm going to go ahead and.
Unvote- Vote: Blueshadow
YOU VOTED JUST TO MOVE THE GAME ALONG!!! ARGH!! BETTER KILL A MUTE SUSPICIOUS MAN THAN SEARCH FOR A REPLACEMENT? according to that we should've lynched your predecessor before you arrived...
You have just won a FoS!
FoS Ash

People... If you are suspicious of CnrT fine by me but try to make the day the a long one so we can discuss and get a lot of info for tomorrow. What we have until now seems crap but I'll re-read and see what I can found.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by alexhans »

crap...
MOD: can you delete this post and the previous one because I accidentaly double posted?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Yaw »

Eh, deleting posts screws up the page numbering. We'll live with the double post -- it's not
that
horrible.
Success breeds suspicion
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:48 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

alex, why just the FoS on Ash and no vote? And what makes you think all we have right now is crap?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:06 am

Post by ZazieR »

Vote SoaD

For someone who says that he was convinced that Blue was 100% clean, you have done nothing to give me that impression. Just look at your posts from the moment you posted your theory. From that post, I got the impression that you indeed wanted CntR lynched. But you've never mentioned him afterwards, nor Blue.
Also, we've had the time that Blue had four votes and CntR three. You could have made that a tie, but you didn't. You could have tried to give your opinions why Blue was town to you, but you didn't. I don't trust your latest post at all.
As for my question:
Zazie wrote:@SoaD
Please state your top suspicion
with reasons
Also, I'm not gonna state my opinion why I think that Yellowbunny was the NK. In my opinion, it will only lead to WIFOM.

@Ash
You do know that CntR could have responded before your hammer. I also agree with this:
Alex wrote:YOU VOTED JUST TO MOVE THE GAME ALONG!!! ARGH!! BETTER KILL A MUTE SUSPICIOUS MAN THAN SEARCH FOR A REPLACEMENT? according to that we should've lynched your predecessor before you arrived...

@Raivann
As for your last two posts, the first time I looked back at Blue's post. But I don't have always the time to do so. The second post you quoted was from what I remembered.
Ignore the ''R''
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:12 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Hmm. I actually don't see the case on SoaD.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:20 am

Post by alexhans »

Well re-read done... Not surprisingly I didn't get much new ideas as to who is scum.

I got a bad feeling about a possible Ash and Cnt scum team but what didn't support my theory is that Ash almost hammered Cnrt and viceversa. So... I guess it's pretty ruled out... Is it too WIFOM to think something like that? That as both of them were taking a lot of heat they decided to attack each other?
first CnrT defended Mizz/Ash
...Humor is a scumtell now? ...that is interesting.
then he voted ash
I want to get this going somewhere, so... Vote ash
then he pretty much called for a hammer
Hmm...Blue is at Lynch-1 now...should we wait for him to post?
He said that from a different perspective he recognized mizz's actions as scummy. and then writes in Caps that he is a townie... Was this a claim? was this necessary? isn't this scummy?
Ash wrote: I was just giving what my perspective was from a 3rd person point of view, before I took over her role, than pointed out that the more I read, the more I realized that she probably wasn't trying to look innocent while really being scum, and was just inexperienced.
I think the whole reason Mizz left was because SHE WAS A TOWNIE
Ash is fishy because he tried to hammer once and then actually hammered without giving a real explanation but just for the sake of moving on...
Ash wrote: I think this is the hammer vote, and you are most likely going to condemn me for it, but I think it's in the best interest of the town to get rid of someone who acts scummy, and places votes without any real reason sooo....
But then he voted CnTr
Ash wrote: I'm much more confident in a Cnt lynch then a blue lynch right now. So I'm keeping my vote on Cnt.

Yellowbunny attacked Ash.
Mind you, I am not saying that I don't find CntR at all scummy, because I do. But being willing to hammer over relatively weak arguments is very questionable.
Considering your predecessor's actions and now this...why should I not believe that YOU are scum Ash?
I didn't like all the Gimbo-puta puta argument brought buy Zazier. It isn't valid to compare other players and say how they acted to make players here scummy.
syndromeofadown wrote:@yellowbunny.

Blue is clean. I'm 100% sure about this. Cntr is scummy, we've already been over this, no need to beat a dead horse. Ash at first seemed really scummy, and of course mizz mafia's play didnt really help his case much either, but the more he plays, the townier he seems. *shrug*
have you read that yellow was killed? or do you have supernatural powers to communicate with yellow... obviously blue is clean, he has flipped town.
Kmd4390 wrote:alex, why just the FoS on Ash and no vote? And what makes you think all we have right now is crap?
because I haven't re-read and didn't want to change my vote in a flash... and I'm kinda afraid of your quick bandwaggons. you stated you prefered votes to FoSes... I don't.

@Zazier: Are you voting SoaD for not getting involved in the voting process? you think he did it to stay out of possible heat? let the town lynch themselves and stay clear?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:27 am

Post by ZazieR »

You may want to look at SoaD's last post again regarding your comment about his yellowbunny part.

Anyway, I did not bring Puta up to make anyone look scummier. Puta's play in NG 684 reminded me of Blue's play. But why are you bringing this up now?

As for voting SoaD, I believe that he's lying to put himself in a good light. That's in my opinion a good reason to vote.
Ignore the ''R''
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

What is he lying about specifically?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:34 am

Post by ZazieR »

Zazie wrote:As for voting SoaD,
I believe
that he's lying to put himself in a good light. That's in my opinion a good reason to vote.
Zazie wrote:For someone who says that he was convinced that Blue was 100% clean, you have done nothing to give me that impression. Just look at your posts from the moment you posted your theory. From that post, I got the impression that you indeed wanted CntR lynched. But you've never mentioned him afterwards, nor Blue.
Also, we've had the time that Blue had four votes and CntR three. You could have made that a tie, but you didn't. You could have tried to give your opinions why Blue was town to you, but you didn't. I don't trust your latest post at all.
His opinions of Blue and CntR.
Ignore the ''R''
CntRational
CntRational
Townie
CntRational
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:01 am

Post by CntRational »

Kmd4390 wrote: 1) The FoS in the RVS when you weren't voting anyone. I saw this as cautious play matching your meta, but that's wrong as you have been more aggressive lately.

2) The fear of putting SoaD at L-2 which is notable because of your L-1 vote on Ash later.

3) Calling out Dennis for lurking when a few others were worse offenders, specifically Mizz.

4) Also quick to jump on the "lurker" who had posted 30 hours before you called him out.

5) Called Mizz a confused townie and then voted Ash 3 posts later with little reasoning.

6) Placed Ash at L-1 with little reasoning. Looks like you want to lynch pretty quickly there.
1. I'm more cautious during the beginning of the game, but less so later on.

2. I find Day 1 very boring when it lasts long, so I wanted to end it as soon as possible, so we can get on to more interesting discussions based on more solid evidence, rather than the straw catching of Day 1.

3. As I mentioned, I missed them. But that really isn't a good defense, I admit...

4. 30 hours?...I think that is a pretty long time, but it looked longer due to the amount of posts in between.

5. That was quite a while later, my opinions changed during that period of time.

6. Like I said, I wanted to end Day 1.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:58 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

1. Why didn't you get aggressive in Newbie 709? Or at least not to the same extent as here.

2. Well first of all, "boring" discussion gives us stronger reads on players and is helpful to the game. Second, with enough discussion, there is plenty to go on. Sure, we don't have anyone dead and confirmed or anything, but you can still get reads on players based on their actions. And if you want the day to end so quickly, why were you scared to put SoaD at L-2. Is he your scumbuddy?

3. K.

4. 30 hours isn't that long. People go inactive for days at a time. Not that they should, but they do.

5. Why didn't you post reasons for such a drastic change in opinions.

6. Answered in 2.
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:38 am

Post by AshKetchummm »

@alexhans when you mentioned me saying

I think this is the hammer vote, and you are most likely going to condemn me for it, but I think it's in the best interest of the town to get rid of someone who acts scummy, and places votes without any real reason sooo....

I believe was in fact talking about Cntr

and I guess I should apoligize for dropping the hammer that quick, but there hadn't really been any game discussion for quite a few days beforehand, on then that he should be lynched, so I went and ahead and did it.

@Cntr as for your answers of KMD's question, the fact that you did want to end day one, and that you were wanting real discussion with solid evidence I found myself agreeing, because that is kind of the way I felt.

But I still think the fact that you said Mizz was a townie, and decided to vote for me anyways. I don't think thats just trying to get the game moving along, I don't think a Town player would risk lynching someone they thing it town no matter what.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Raivann »

here's my suspect list-

prob scum- CntR

neutral- Ash, syndrome, Zazie, Kmd

prob town - alex

I think CntR is scummiest by far out of all players left and he would have gotten my vote yesterday if blue wasn't asking for it with his antitown scummy posts. Ash may have hammered a little quick but I can understand.

I get a townie read from alex. His posts seem genuine and pro-town.

I think Kmd and Zazie both look protown.
@ the IC's - How do I look at 1 player's posts in isolation?

Syndrome's last post does look fishy to me though. Looks like he's bussing/distancing himself from CntR and it reads like it was planned.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:40 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Raiv. At the bottom of the page, you see "All Users" with an arrow. Click the arrow and find the player you are looking for then click go.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:10 am

Post by alexhans »

Kmd4390 wrote:Raiv. At the bottom of the page, you see "All Users" with an arrow. Click the arrow and find the player you are looking for then click go.
Wow! this is great. I Hadn't realized this! the only downside is that it doesn't keep the number of subject of the whole gameplay so you have to go looking with another web page open with the whole game to get the real number in case you need to reference it.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Yaw »

To add to the technical help, if you're in the "View all posts by..." for a single player, and you want to cross-reference a post, just click on the little page icon in the top line of the post (right before Posted: Date/Time). It'll take you right to the same post in the actual game thread, so you can see it in context. You're welcome.
Success breeds suspicion
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yaw wrote:To add to the technical help, if you're in the "View all posts by..." for a single player, and you want to cross-reference a post, just click on the little page icon in the top line of the post (right before Posted: Date/Time). It'll take you right to the same post in the actual game thread, so you can see it in context. You're welcome.
This.

Or if you are using several posts, you can always say "X's post number 4" and people in non-newbie games will usually know what you are talking about.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”