War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Nuwen »

roflcopter wrote:nuwen - well, i wish you hadn't claimed, but you are fairly obvious town because of it. scum seraph in this situation would never have claimed if shinnen and i were both town

next to die: hoopla
It would have been obvious after I used my blade back in 625. I'd rather have that damage accounted for, explained, and used to kill our decided target as quick as game mechanics permit. The faster Shinnen flips, the faster we can confirm other players based on her voting/hurting.

Aww, I was also doing a Wishbone avatar up.

So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:20 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Kinetic wrote:lol, it HAS to be a Jack Russel Terrier, or don't you know Wishbone?
lol, I'm not sure. (I just went over to yahoo and found one), but the one you made is awesome.

roflcopter wrote:oh motherfucker. i think i fucked up with the timestamps and did my hurt a half an hour early. and i dragged my ass out of bed for this and everything. sigh. i'll be back in 25 minutes to end shinnen's life for real real not for play play.
And I don't think rofl would be in such a hurry to eliminate Shinnen if he was Seraph scum. So, if Nuwen is town, it might be a good lynch after all.
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:21 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

Nuwen wrote:
roflcopter wrote:nuwen - well, i wish you hadn't claimed, but you are fairly obvious town because of it. scum seraph in this situation would never have claimed if shinnen and i were both town

next to die: hoopla
It would have been obvious after I used my blade back in 625. I'd rather have that damage accounted for, explained, and used to kill our decided target as quick as game mechanics permit. The faster Shinnen flips, the faster we can confirm other players based on her voting/hurting.

Aww, I was also doing a Wishbone avatar up.

Right on, that one is awesome too... I am gonna use them both. Thanks Nuwen. :)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:38 am

Post by roflcopter »

all right, now shinnen dies

hurt: shinnen
fiery blade justice etc. just look at my flavor when i tried to do this twenty minutes ago
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:45 am

Post by roflcopter »

just so everyone's clear, no more shinnen hurts are necessary, use your powers elsewhere. if nuwen is a seraph as she says (and, well, lying about that would be way too dumb to even consider) then shinnen is now dead.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:49 am

Post by Hoopla »

Shinnen, before you die, if you're town, tell me who you think is guilty.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:57 am

Post by roflcopter »

Hoopla wrote:
shh... be a good scum and die without any more wifom
soi soi soi

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Kinetic »

Might I suggest that anyone who has an open cooldown throw some heals around to anyone who is not Hoopla, Viq, or Wishbone?

Honestly I haven't looked too much into Hoopla, but others have and come back not liking what they see. Pretty much the same for Wishbone... I should read both deeper.

Either way, there are some other damage around and a little clean up could never hurt while we have a little bit of a downtime.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Kinetic »

roflcopter wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
Why, I can tell you the list: Most likely it will include you, Xyl, maybe even Albert and me. Yay?
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:00 am

Post by roflcopter »

Kinetic wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
Why, I can tell you the list: Most likely it will include you, Xyl, maybe even Albert and me. Yay?
oh you're probably right, but i was talking to hoopla. she's the one who should be a good scum and die.

also, re: healing people, its a waste of time, lets just use those actions to hurt hoopla instead.
soi soi soi

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 am

Post by Seraphim »

I will heal people if need be, but I would much rather hurt Hoopla dead.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:02 am

Post by Nuwen »

No hurts on Hoopla until Shinnen flips, please. If she's town, we kill Rofl.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Seraphim »

^or that.

In fact, no hurts or heals period until Shinnen flips. If Shinnen flips town, we kill rofl. If not, we move onto Hoopla.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:05 am

Post by roflcopter »

well, knowing that i'm town and all, but still relegated to an early grave if shinnen does somehow flip town, i'm gonna go ahead and start hurting hoopla as soon as i can. which is in 36 hours, so, if shinnen flips town i'm probably dead before i get the chance anyway.
soi soi soi

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:07 am

Post by Seraphim »

Actually, I'll be very surprised if Shinnen does flip town.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:14 am

Post by Hoopla »

I'm kind of having a thought, and although I haven't thought it out fully, would it be in our benefit for the previous player killed to decide the next kill if they flip town (if scum continue hunting)? In a game where it's very difficult to confirm town, scum have the luxury of knowing it will be tough to get caught outside traditional scum-hunting techniques. This means the opportunity for scum-manipulation is greater, and I think in conjunction with some confused townies, they've managed divide the town quite easily.

We can eliminate this facet if dying townies select kills, as we know their intentions are pure. Although they could be wrong, we know they don't have a second agenda. I guess whether this tactic is viable or not depends on how strong you believe the scum influence is.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:15 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

That's the most retarded thing I've ever read in a mafia game.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:16 am

Post by Hoopla »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:That's the most retarded thing I've ever read in a mafia game.
Can you explain why?
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:17 am

Post by Nuwen »

Hoopla wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:That's the most retarded thing I've ever read in a mafia game.
Can you explain why?
Because being town and being misguided or stupid are not mutually exclusive.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:20 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Hoopla wrote:
Can you explain why?
No, gee, I'm really stumped, you got me there.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:30 am

Post by Hoopla »

Nuwen wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
Can you explain why?
Because being town and being misguided or stupid are not mutually exclusive.
Sure, but mislynches aren't always based on misguided/stupid townies. Although not quantifiable, scum influence makes up some percentage of mislynches, along with the other factors you've mentioned. In a game with rare opportunities to confirm town, and considering how divided and hapless we've been at working together on D1 - it makes me think that scum influence is higher than a normal game where this ploy would fail.

You could be eliminating one facet that causes mislynches - scum manipulation. Stupidity and misguidedness are still prevelent - but that's also prevelent with scum influence in a majority situation.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:47 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

The Fonz wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Currently reading and up to page 15. Nice to see some familiar faces. I have a really bad feeling about ABR. He seems to be manipulating. And you're only manipulating if you're scum, otherwise you just have to argue and investigate.
Explain how. Also, HURT SOMEONE! And give reasons. Everyone please note that the last game I played with WLC, he lurked like a mofo there. And was scum. The fact that he shows up the same day i point out he hasn't posted indicates tactical lurking.
Great, I haven’t even joined for a day or two and get the ‘lurker’ card played. I posted when I first knew I was joining. I gave an update during my read of the game. If it coincided with you mentioning my absence, that’s a coincident. I at least haven’t read that you mentioned me already (haven’t read that page yet probably). I’ve been away from this site a couple of months, but I have a bit more time now than I had then. Still, 20+ pages is not something you read in an hour. Also, not everyone can be available all day, each day, I still have a job, and want to keep it that way ;-)

And I’m not going to use my hurt at the moment. For several reasons including: I don’t know who’s the best target at the moment; if I use it now I can’t use it for 24 hours so I might not be able to heal or hurt when it would be more useful; hurting too much without a clear vision benefits scum, as tajo pointed out several times before.

What I don’t like about ABR is that he presents himself in a somewhat commanding tone. He gives directions to people. But he doesn’t necessarily follow that direction, and takes on a different direction himself. He also uses special text with his ‘hurt’, which is something that I absolutely don’t trust.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:50 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Hoopla wrote:You could be eliminating one facet that causes mislynches - scum manipulation. Stupidity and misguidedness are still prevelent - but that's also prevelent with scum influence in a majority situation.
Blah Blah Blah

If you'd seen as many scumteams bus'ing each other right out of the garage on Day 1 as I have, you'd see 'scum manipulation' in a completely different light. The scum's priority is to distance and to get town cred.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:56 am

WeyounsLastClone wrote:What I don’t like about ABR is that he presents himself in a somewhat commanding tone. He gives directions to people. But he doesn’t necessarily follow that direction, and takes on a different direction himself. He also uses special text with his ‘hurt’, which is something that I absolutely don’t trust.
Yes, and some players mindlessly follow him. One player (Juls) even referred herself as ABR's "puppet". Needless to say, Juls is scum no matter which way you look at it. At first I thought he was town. I'm far less certain now. If Shinnen flips scum, I'll bet at least half the scum is in the list of people that ABR is pushing for the rest of us to hurt. And since Shinnen has been uber-scummy, I wouldn't be shocked if nearly all the scum was on the wagon, making sure that (1) they get a free lynch off a townie or (2) they get rid of such a loose canon buddy.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:57 am

EBWOP
DrippingGoofball wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:What I don’t like about ABR is that he presents himself in a somewhat commanding tone. He gives directions to people. But he doesn’t necessarily follow that direction, and takes on a different direction himself. He also uses special text with his ‘hurt’, which is something that I absolutely don’t trust.
Yes, and some players mindlessly follow him. One player (Juls) even referred herself as ABR's "puppet". Needless to say, Juls is scum no matter which way you look at it. At first I thought
ABR
was town. I'm far less certain now. If Shinnen flips scum, I'll bet at least half the scum is in the list of people that ABR is pushing for the rest of us to hurt. And since Shinnen has been uber-scummy, I wouldn't be shocked if nearly all the scum was on the wagon, making sure that (1) they get a free lynch off a townie or (2) they get rid of such a loose canon buddy.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”