Mini 737 - Hack Poetry Mafia (Game Over)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:04 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

EBWOP: I was never huge on
the case against
DO to being with ...
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:47 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Jebus, Spolium and springlullaby prodded
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:06 am

Post by Spolium »

Rhinox wrote:By the way, Spolium and anyone else, has your opinion of DO's play in this game changed any as a result of reading his comments in the 2 games I posted?
My suspicion has dropped somewhat - I'd say his skittishness is reflected to an extent in those games - but suggesting a lynch of a claimed doc seems to go beyond anything he did in either example.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:17 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

RC wrote:So, and I know spring won't have and problem with this (lol), it might be best that spring, Jebus, and don stay quiet and all ultimately make their own decisions about who to use their powers on.
I concur.
RC wrote:May I refer you to this middle section of my post 606 with the question of how you don't think my 2nd and 3rd options are valid?
Counter question then. How do you discount the 'similarity' of the rhyming sequences of their role PM's?
Lynx wrote:I don't see this as a likely scenario. You're suggesting that the scum doc countered the scum role blocker? Or that the scum doc countered the real doc on day 2? The first situation seems unlikely because then both scum power roles would be outed and under severe scrutiny. The second is also unlikely because I highly doubt that the scum would trade their mafia doc for the real doc after losing a member day 1. Both just seem so improbable to me. I just don't see any strong possiblity of a scum doc being one of our claimed docs.
QFT
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 am

Post by sekinj »

@lynx - good thoughts regarding the docs. IF we have a scum doc and town doc, it woudl seem more probable that jebus was the scum doc who counter claimed the town on on Day 2. however, 1) he isn't pushing or seeming to want spring's lynch at all (which would seem to be the point of counter claiming) and 2) spring now seems much more scummy, so of the two I trust her less at this point, given all the claims.

but it is true that scum are down at this point so, even if they had 3 members to start out with it seems too risky to counter claim at this point. especially the day after the fact and then not push for a lynch.

So, to me, it really does seem like we actually have 2 docs. BUt what would the mafia have to have to counter such a powerful town? at least a godfather I'm thinking...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:11 am

Post by springlullaby »

Busy now, post tomorrow.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

[quote="sekinj]

So, to me, it really does seem like we actually have 2 docs. BUt what would the mafia have to have to counter such a powerful town? at least a godfather I'm thinking...[/quote]

Well we already know they had one power role in a role blocker. Perhaps they have a watcher as well? Don scum wouldn't have to fake sincerity in his confusion over his results then. Don's activity and playstyle has changed since he claimed I feel... might be something to keep tabs on.

I doubt the chance of two scum parties. I don't think two docs would have both protected successfully.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:31 am

EBWOP

sekinj wrote:
So, to me, it really does seem like we actually have 2 docs. BUt what would the mafia have to have to counter such a powerful town? at least a godfather I'm thinking...

Well we already know they had one power role in a role blocker. Perhaps they have a watcher as well? Don scum wouldn't have to fake sincerity in his confusion over his results then. Don's activity and playstyle has changed since he claimed I feel... might be something to keep tabs on.

I doubt the chance of two scum parties. I don't think two docs would have both protected successfully.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:43 am

Post by sekinj »

and two scum parties doesn't make the scum stronger anyway, it is more in favor of the town, sicne their power is split up and they are sometimes working against each other.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:19 am

Post by don_johnson »

Lynx The Antithesis wrote:
EBWOP

sekinj wrote:

not sure what you mean by "not having to fake sincerity"? if i had a scum parnter(s), don't you think they would enlighten me as to the particulars of my role?

to me, two docs is more indicative of a "hitman" type role. you know, something that would trump the docs ability. isn't there the possibility one of them is equivalent to an "insane" cop or something? i will look in wiki, but i assume there are variants to the role.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:31 am

Post by sekinj »

don_johnson wrote: not sure what you mean by "not having to fake sincerity"? if i had a scum parnter(s), don't you think they would enlighten me as to the particulars of my role?
maybe they didn't know... maybe you didn't ask...
don_johnson wrote: to me, two docs is more indicative of a "hitman" type role. you know, something that would trump the docs ability. isn't there the possibility one of them is equivalent to an "insane" cop or something? i will look in wiki, but i assume there are variants to the role.
this is a possiblity, but still the fact remains of the no kill last night, so whatever targeted spring failed I'm guessing because of Jebus's protect. So... maybe spring is insane, and IF they had targeted spoilum it would not have worked? but don't insame docs usually harm the person they are trying to protect?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:42 am

don_johnson wrote:
Lynx The Antithesis wrote:
EBWOP

sekinj wrote:

not sure what you mean by "not having to fake sincerity"? if i had a scum parnter(s), don't you think they would enlighten me as to the particulars of my role?
Maybe they expected you to know. Maybe you never addressed it. Who knows. I'm simply entertaining the possibility.
sekinj wrote:this is a possiblity, but still the fact remains of the no kill last night, so whatever targeted spring failed I'm guessing because of Jebus's protect. So... maybe spring is insane, and IF they had targeted spoilum it would not have worked? but don't insame docs usually harm the person they are trying to protect?
I just looked up all the variations of the doc role. We got a naive, weak, paranoid or jailkeeper, insane, and CPR doc. Naive is told they are a doc, but can't actually protect. Weak docs die if they protect scum. Jailkeeper protects and roleblocks. Insane has a 50% chance of killing rather than protecting. Lastly, CPR kill the person if they are not targeted by Mafia. Now which one of these would balance two docs you think?
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:49 am

Post by sekinj »

Lynx wrote:Now which one of these would balance two docs you think?
AND keep with the info we already know regarding last night's no kill, and the doc's claimed targets...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:53 am

Post by sekinj »

I'm assuming scum went after the claimed doc spring, therefore jebus's protect was successful.

for Jebus that rules out naive and CPR; and leaves the possiblity of weak, jailkeeper, insane, and normal

for spring - CPR would be ruled out unless Jebus is a jailkeeper, and weak is only ruled out IF we assume Spoilum is town (which I'm not ready to do)... so she coudl possibly be any of those
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:10 am

Post by don_johnson »

i guess we could lynch spolium to help clear that up, however, i still think rhinox is the best bet. they seem to be defending DO's play, but not contributing too much more. also, RC seems to have fallen off the radar when many of you have agreed that my results don't necessarily clear them. we lynched a roleblocker day 1, so i think it would be best to choose someone to help clear things up. i realize that puts me on the list again, however, i think i can be of more help than just one failed watch. i am wondering if we should each suggest our "top three" lynch list? i am often criticized for suggesting that one, but it may help us come to a consensus on who is most in doubt.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Spolium »

don: How would my lynch clear things clear up the doc issue, exactly?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:26 am

Post by sekinj »

lynching spoilum would clear up one tiny possiblity out of many... not worth it at all for that reason.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Jebus »

Sorry, was at World Baseball Classic :3

Will get in a good post later...
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:27 am

Post by don_johnson »

Spolium wrote:don: How would my lynch clear things clear up the doc issue, exactly?
sekinj wrote:for spring - CPR would be ruled out unless Jebus is a jailkeeper, and weak is only ruled out IF we assume Spoilum is town (which I'm not ready to do)... so she coudl possibly be any of those
i said "help clear up", not "clear up".

i thought jailkeeper was a different role altogether, i.e. a jailkeeper would know whether or not they are one, whereas a weak doc would not know? your lynch would not clear up much, but i was wondering where sekinj was going with this. apparently nowhere as they are not ready to assume you town, but not following up on finding out if you are. i don't really know what to do now. as i have stated: i think rhinox is our best lynch today.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

A jailkeeper would probably know they are one, because it's a separate role from doc.

Regarding whether or not we have the claimed roles decide on targets ahead of time or not, I can see benefits to doing so or not doing so. The benefit to setting up a triangle of watch/doc/doc is that if any of those 3 are scum, they would have to trade themselves 1-1 to kill off another scum in the mix. The downside is that scum have perfect information on what power roles are doing what at night and can play around it.

The benefit to not calling it out ahead of time is the potential to catch scum who have no clue who the town power roles are going to target. The downside is the possibility that the scum get a kill off on a claimed role without repercussion. Higher risk, higher reward.

I'm leaning on doing the 2nd option. The first option kind of just preserves the status quo, whereas the second one gives us more of a chance of learning some useful information, albeit at greater risk.

---

The only thing lynching Spolium would clear up is possibilities of SL's sanity. That would be an extremely weak reason to lynch someone.

My player analysis will come later. Apologies on the delay.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

fhq 653 wrote:Counter question then. How do you discount the 'similarity' of the rhyming sequences of their role PM's?
Well, that could be anything. Without going into too much detail, I think everyone got a poetic PM from the Mod.

I don't think it would be too hard to just say, "Hey, I got a poem with such-and-such rhyme scheme, what about you?" "Yeah I had something similar."

That's not good enough for me.

---
sekinj 654 wrote:So, to me, it really does seem like we actually have 2 docs. BUt what would the mafia have to have to counter such a powerful town? at least a godfather I'm thinking...
What's the point of a Godfather if there are two Doctors and a Watcher though...? Do you think we have a Cop as well?
don 659 wrote:to me, two docs is more indicative of a "hitman" type role.
Are those one-shot powers? Because, if not, it seems to defeat the purpose of the Doctor.

---
don 664 wrote:i am wondering if we should each suggest our "top three" lynch list? i am often criticized for suggesting that one, but it may help us come to a consensus on who is most in doubt.
I have no problem doing this now or anytime really.

1.) fhq
2.) Goat
3.) Rhinox

I will support any of these lynches today.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:16 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

RC wrote:That's not good enough for me.
That's a fair opinion, but if you look back, Jebus basically gave the final word in his poem away without directly quoting it. Thats quite compelling to me. Also, your statement 'I don't think it would be too hard to just say, "Hey, I got a poem with such-and-such rhyme scheme, what about you?" "Yeah I had something similar." ' deliberately makes the statements made seem less significant. They were more specific than that.

By no means do I view it as hard evidence, but I'm not going to discount it either.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:05 am

Post by springlullaby »

I'm putting myself on indefinite hold till replacement post.

A question though, sekinj, what did you think of my targetting spolium?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:48 am

Post by sekinj »

@sl - I don't think anything in particular about it. It indicates that you generally think he is townish, which I would agree with.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:04 pm

Goat wrote:A jailkeeper would probably know they are one, because it's separate role from doc
I think paranoid doc is interchangable with jailkeeper. Well at least according to the flash wiki. A paranoid doc both protects and roleblocks. Please correct if I am wrong.
FHQ wrote:RC wrote:
That's not good enough for me.

That's a fair opinion, but if you look back, Jebus basically gave the final word in his poem away without directly quoting it. Thats quite compelling to me. Also, your statement 'I don't think it would be too hard to just say, "Hey, I got a poem with such-and-such rhyme scheme, what about you?" "Yeah I had something similar." ' deliberately makes the statements made seem less significant. They were more specific than that.

By no means do I view it as hard evidence, but I'm not going to discount it either.
Why does it seem like you bring up a point, then post a line that somewhat softens your attack. Like with Goat earlier this game. Are you deliberately not trying to get on anybody's bad side? And why does it seem that you never follow up on your suspicions with a vote or some sort of pressure? Both your suspicion of Spring and RC have gone no where really. Do you find your playstyle consistently this hesitant or do you feel it's just this game? I'd like to hear your top three candidates especially to know where you stand.

This is my list for today:
1. FHQ
2.Rhinox
3.Spring or Don as a final option, but I'd still prefer to keep them around today.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”