TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:08 am

Post by TonyMontana »

zwetschenwasser wrote:The fact that people are hesitating up to the deadline date to hammer suggests that Tony is the king.
Solid logic there, King. I guess you are suggesting that 2 of the 3 people not voting me are guards, then? :roll:

I think the fact that we can't even get the ball rolling on you suggest you are king.

Seriously people, either kill zwet today, or kill him tomorrow. Either way, we win.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:13 am

Post by sekinj »

Vote Count 14

(# of votes against) Voted Player - by Voter(s)

(4) TonyMontana - by Corvuus, Empking, Qanqan, zwetschenwasser

(0) Corvuus
(1) Empking - by veerus
(0) veerus
(0) ortolan
(1) Qanqan - by ortolan
(0) Trumpet of Doom
(2) zwetschenwasser - by TonyMontana and Trumpet of Doom

Five (5) votes to Lynch.

Mod Notes:

- Deadline has been set for 3/25/09 @ 12:00 PM CST

- Sending Activity Warnings to veerus and Trumpet of Doom
Last edited by sekinj on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:17 am

Post by TonyMontana »

*Really wants to hear what kind of game-shattering news ortolan is planning to bring forth*
Upcoming
Mini
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by veerus »

We're nearing a deadline and I'm ok with lynching either TM or zwet as I've previously indicated.... that said..
unvote;vote:TonyMontana
.. because he's just as likely to be a guard or king as zwet in my eyes, but TM's closer to lynch and we're working with a deadline here
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

veerus wrote:We're nearing a deadline and I'm ok with lynching either TM or zwet as I've previously indicated.... that said..
unvote;vote:TonyMontana
.. because he's just as likely to be a guard or king as zwet in my eyes, but TM's closer to lynch and we're working with a deadline here
A DEADLINE TWO DAYS AWAY, WITH A GUARANTEED LYNCH AT DEADLINE.

But good job on saving your king from being lynched today. SCHMUCK.

And with that, I bid you farewell.

I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR
Upcoming
Mini
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

/prodded. As of now, I'm almost sure zwet's some flavor of scum (yes, you're trying really hard to sound like you don't know who the king is, I get it, dude), but at present, that's all I'm seeing. Whatever ortolan's claiming to have, it had better be good.

/ninja'd. Dammit, veerus, couldn't you have waited until ortolan said whatever he was going to say?
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

"We're working with a deadline"

Jesus Christ, you're either scum or dumb
Upcoming
Mini
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by veerus »

He can still say whatever he wanted to say after the results are revealed. His theory, if anything, should be helped by the result of today's lynch.
-Fight Club
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Did I mention it's a nightless game, btw? :roll: Jackass
Upcoming
Mini
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by sekinj »

End of Day 5

(5) TonyMontana - by Corvuus, Empking, Qanqan, zwetschenwasser, veerus

(0) Corvuus
(0) Empking
(0) veerus
(0) ortolan
(1) Qanqan - by ortolan
(0) Trumpet of Doom
(2) zwetschenwasser - by TonyMontana and Trumpet of Doom

The rebels finally got down to discussion. Where was the king hiding? Where were the remaining guards? The rebels searched high and low and in the end drug TonyMontana to the center of the rebels. As he screamed oaths and pointed wildly at other rebels in their midst, the final verdict was reached. TonyMontana met his end. Another rebel bites the dust!!
Last edited by sekinj on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by sekinj »

Begin Day 6!!

Four (4) Votes = Lynch
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by ortolan »

veerus happily places us into LYOL with a mis-lynch.

Corvuus needs to get lynched today. Qanqan is his guard and based on that veerus is also, blatantly playing zwet and TM off against one another and setting up zwet for a lynch after TM flipped town. Which means myself, Empking, Trumpet of Doom and zwet all need to be voting Corvuus.

I first started looking at Corvuus because I noticed he had taken on a very diplomatic tone (pretty much going out of his way not to get on the wrong side of anyone too early) to begin the game. There was also his attempting to defer random voting until after discussion and then later to again defer to "discussion" when the random voting finished. Whether random-lynching was or was not a good strat it is something the king would very rightly be afraid of.

When TM said:
TM (289) wrote:What if we agree on someone not being king? To try to help our odds alittle?
I thought this idea was very, very stupid but not obviously scummy, it would be too obviously something a guard or the king would say and would attract attention to anyone who then got nominated as likely town. Because I wanted to test out Corvuus' scumminess, I faked what I would do as a stupid guard guard Corvuus-king. I was fishing for reactions, and thinking I would possibly look like a guard trying to defer attention away from Corvuus-king, which would then have the desired effect of getting the person I suspected of being the king, lynched. I re-iterated this in 298 to make it look more scummy, but no-one picked up on it.

Corvuus then replied:
Corvuus (305) wrote:Ok.

I read Qangan and Ortolan.

I think I understand where you are going with this so hopefully you don't mind me altering it.
(note that amusingly he recently claimed he was very wary of me buddying up to him here, not that it comes across at all in this post LoL!)

Then, despite saying he agrees with both myself and Qanqan, he says:
Corvuus (305) wrote:For my two:

#1: Hohum.

Not based on his recent posts (but it did make me read/consider him more) but I don't like numberfourteen (the player hohum replaced) posts (bleh, only 4 total??).
"I want to vote shin, really hate self-voters, but don't want to screw replacement" (shin turned up guard; rebel or guard who saw a crumb) and also the misleading part about "There is only so much information to gain since no one has any info to give away in this game", isn't true.

He was so-so on random lynching (had to be truly random and not controlled by players?) and when the voting started, was here and around to vote and lynch players on the list but wasn't here/around for Shin's lynch who did turn up guard. It most likely is a null tell since 14 was inactive/dropped off face of the earth and then replaced by hohum so we don't know if 14 would have tried to derail Shin's guard lynch, etc.

I *do not* want Hohum quicklynched and I am not voting him at this time. I want a reaction/response other than the EMP/Hohum interaction to get a read on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For my #2, I don't know. Before re-reading Zach/Shin (with hohum/14), I would have said Zwet or EMPking since they post 'a good amount' but not much constructively except getting in 'emotional bickering/fights'. They pushed for Zach's lynch and 'following' the plan but that could be null; Zach himself (on replacing in) pushed for EMPking's lynch for even mentioning this plan (point for EMPking not being the King since Zach as a guard would know that) and Zach did have negative interaction with both EMPking/Zwet. I don't like their meta/play style but the odds of them being king are not high.

I'll say BlakAdder/TonyMontana so I can hear more from him.

-------------------

For the one person who I would pick as 'most town', I'd pick Trumpet of Doom.

Corvuus
i.e. we are the only two people he doesn't mention as either scummy or town. This is because at this point, he thought we were his guards, and didn't want to get caught out having called us townie if we were lynched, because then he would look associated with us. Of course he didn't want his guards lynched either. So he didn't mention us. Despite agreeing with us at the start of his posts, he didn't think us worth commenting on at all in terms of scumminess/towniness.

It's obvious he could give no genuine reasons for stating that Trumpet of Doom was town either, just "he has the same meta as me". The only reason he chose him was that he didn't want to choose me/Qanqan.

Then:
Qanqan (307) wrote:I am feeling some pro-town vibe from Corvuus, like everyone else is I'm guessing.
Having just trashed the suggestion of naming one's most towniest, Qanqan then goes on to slip in that Corvuus is his most townie, "like everyone else thinks". If this isn't a way of covering up defending the king by suggesting it's somehow a widely-held opinion that Corvuus is obviously town then I don't know what is.

Then the crappy wagon on TM starts.

Then I begin by attacking Qanqan, not wanting to reveal the entirety of my gambit yet. I say this:
ortolan (340) wrote:Do you and/or Corvuus genuinely think TonyMontana's behaviour is interpretable as making him more likely to be a guard or king? Firstly if he were guard/king his only motivation in doing that would be to clear Empking, who is his king. I've played with him before though and I know he's not that stupid. Oh, that and his claim it was satire is perfectly credible and consistent with his earlier criticism of our dice-roll method of lynching.
This was based purely on the fact that Qanqan and Corvuus were both attacking TM, I was not actually drawing any link between them.

But in the first line of Qanqan's reply, he says:
Qanqan (341) wrote:Firstly, what does Corvuus have to do with me?
He becomes extremely defensive about an imaginary link between himself and Corvuus.

They then both continue their case on TM, whom of course I tried in vain to defend. I recall Corvuus pulling the argument "don't defend him, let him speak for himself" but was more than happy to lynch him as soon as he got the numbers. Corvuus/Qanqan still fail to explain how TM's actions in dice-rolling could be scummy. They are relying on crappy "his play is inconsistent therefore he is scum" arguments. They have failed to establish why trying to manipulate town back into dice rolling (despite saying just before he didn't want to???) could be scummy even if that's what TM intended. They have also failed to explain how this could help TM if, as was the case, he made genuinely random dice rolls- if he were the king or a guard they would be equally likely to land on him or a guard/king as anyone else.

Then you see Qanqan and Corvuus start attacking me out of nowhere when they realise I'm not in fact a guard.

Then you see veerus:
veerus (373) wrote:But if I was going by play.. I'd say that zwet and TonyMontana are the most likely guards/kings as they seem to be derailing the town the most (though in zwet's case, he's always pretty useless so I'd rather lynch TM first)
Even though they were attacking each other, veerus thinks they're both scum (LoL) and is lining them up for a chain-lynch.

Corvuus is also lining up chain lynches in 421:
Corvuus (421) wrote:I'm ok with a TM and then Oro lynch.
You can thank me for winning after the game

Vote: Corvuus
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:01 am

Post by veerus »

I'm not a guard.. it was a poor play on my part but I really didn't expect much to change with a day before deadline and TM did seem scummy to me. Your case seems mainly circumstantial but you did pick out a few comments that I remember felt a bit odd when I was reading the thread but didn't really ping the radar significantly enough to mention. But considering a majority of the game went by without much scumhunting, this is probably a good last resort to consider. You have brought up too many possible links to ignore.

vote: Corvuus
-Fight Club
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:26 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Hohum
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:40 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Hohum isn't in this game. Are you going to spam your way through this day too? In other news, I'm disturbed that veerus seems so willing to allow the three scum (possibly two or one, if both or either ort/veerus are guards/king) to manipulate a mislynch from the quick L-2 vote.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

veerus deserves at
least
an
FoS
for that hammer - deadline was in two flippin' days, dude, you could have waited a bit.

ortolan's case on Corvuus/Qanqan... there's not much I can argue with there, though I must say I felt they were both doing good town impressions. I think I'll have to
for L-1 unless I see a really good reason he's town.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:54 am

Ort has a good case.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by sekinj »

End of Day 6

(4) Corvuus - by veerus, ortolan, Trumpet of Doom, and zwetschenwasser

(0) Empking
(0) veerus
(0) ortolan
(0) Qanqan
(0) Trumpet of Doom
(0) zwetschenwasser
(1) other - by Empking

As Day 6 dawns the rebels all gather in the central courtyard. Rumor has it that someone has a theory. One person stepped out of the crowd and a hush fell over the throng. After a long speech (during which most of the rebels fell asleep) he proclaimed, "Corvuus MUST BE THE KING!!" The others looked around at each other and finally someone replied, "That speech was so long, he HAS to be right!"
"Yeah!" another chimed in.
"hohumdeedumday!", said another.
"How can you say so many words and not be right?" said someone else in the crowd.
"Let's get 'em!!" and the crowd surged after Corvuus who didn't even have time to squeak before he was mauled to death! Never again shall this guard protect his King.

Last edited by sekinj on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by sekinj »

Begin Day 7!!

Four (4) Votes = Lynch
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:06 pm

Six people left, two are scum. Interesting... It appears ort was half right.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by veerus »

so do we continue ort's line of reasoning? if so, is qangan today's lynch?
-Fight Club
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Makes sense, but we should probably wait for him to say something first.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by ortolan »

not sure I'll have time to post in this game but Qanqan needs to defend himself

Please don't quicklynch him though, I need to work out who both Corvuus and the other guard were defending, and if it makes sense that Qanqan is the last guard or the king.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:07 am

Post by ortolan »

What was the hohum vote in aid of Empking?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Empking »

ortolan wrote:What was the hohum vote in aid of Empking?
I thought he was scum and didn't want just a lynch day.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”