Mini 745 - Moving Day Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Herodotus »

don_johnson wrote:i would also like people not voting to explain why they are not voting.
Sorry, didn't see that until after my last post.
I don't want a lynch to happen until either a mafia member comes forward, in which case I'd probably vote for acfan, or the replacements have shared their opinions. I have no problem with waiting.

Top of page 25 vote count:

Porkens 2 (Erratus Apathos, ac1983fan)
ac1983fan 2 (don_johnson)
Zer0ph34r 1 (Porkens)

Not voting: Jazzmyn, Sotty7, Looker, Zer0ph34r, Herodotus

With 9 still packing it takes 5 to lynch.

Note: this vote count should be accurate as of this post.

Prods: None

Still looking for a replacement for EA. Looker has not picked up his role PM as of this post.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Porkens »

Sotty7 wrote:I'm not voting because I'm torn on what to do right now. We have one replacement, I'm more than willing to let him catch up with us all.

In the mean time I will probably have to give the last few pages another read. I'm not sure what to think about Zero's half assed cop claim. Scum coming out like he did really makes little sense. Maybe we have two cops. One for mafia, one for the SK? Right now I'm not sure.

Zero really needs to come back in here and you know.. Start making some sense. That would be helpful.
This is such a scummy post.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

That situation makes sense, yes and when I got the message saying I was "blocked" it said specifically, "Action could not be performed." So, I'm assuming that means roleblocked, but I guess it could mean something else, but I don't know what. And no, I don't know my sanity, and at this stage, I may never know (until the end). I have to investigate someone, then based on the role I get, we decide to lynch him or not, then we will know my sanity, but I don't want to risk killing another townie, so let's see how it goes.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Porkens »

Why didn't you wire "I AM A COP" in your claiming post?!
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:57 am

Post by don_johnson »

who did you attempt to investigate?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

I wanted to see who would catch it, it may seem untrue, but I wanted to see who was actually paying attention, and as a result, only one person mentioned it.

And don, I tried investigating killaseven for suspicion of scum. And by the way, does anyone have a suggestion as to who I should investigate tonight?
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:45 am

Post by don_johnson »

zerobrains wrote:I tried investigating killaseven for suspicion of scum. And by the way, does anyone have a suggestion as to who I should investigate tonight?

*facepalm*

investigate yourself.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Herodotus »

I'm finding Don is asking/suggesting seemingly innocuous questions to which the scum would want to know the answers more than the town would. If Zero is telling the truth, I don't see what information we can derive from his selection, but the scum might figure he'll try the same target again. If he's lying, I don't know whether stating a particular target would likely help us to figure that out (though I suppose it might.)
I could be wrong about the usefulness of knowing his selection, and I also don't yet know Don's motive. Just pointing this out.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:50 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Zer0ph34r wrote:I wanted to see who would catch it, it may seem untrue, but I wanted to see who was actually paying attention, and as a result, only one person mentioned it.

And don, I tried investigating killaseven for suspicion of scum. And by the way, does anyone have a suggestion as to who I should investigate tonight?
Why would you investigate a dead player who flipped town? That's why you got the message from the mod saying you couldn't do that.
Not a dayvig.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Herodotus »

(Hadn't seen 605 and 606 before last post.)
Zer0ph34r wrote:I tried investigating killaseven for suspicion of scum.
After he was dead...?

Um... you weren't roleblocked.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Porkens »

Herod wrote: I'm finding Don is asking/suggesting seemingly innocuous questions to which the scum would want to know the answers more than the town would. If Zero is telling the truth, I don't see what information we can derive from his selection, but the scum might figure he'll try the same target again. If he's lying, I don't know whether stating a particular target would likely help us to figure that out (though I suppose it might.)
I could be wrong about the usefulness of knowing his selection, and I also don't yet know Don's motive. Just pointing this out.
I, personally, wanted him to answer to see if he continued to make absolutely no sense at all.

He didn't disappoint.
Why would you investigate a dead player who flipped town? That's why you got the message from the mod saying you couldn't do that.
Um... you weren't roleblocked.
He still coulda been roleblocked. You're both making assumptions here.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:24 am

Post by don_johnson »

hero wrote:I'm finding Don is asking/suggesting seemingly innocuous questions to which the scum would want to know the answers more than the town would.
questions plural? please list them.
hero wrote: If Zero is telling the truth, I don't see what information we can derive from his selection, but the scum might figure he'll try the same target again. If he's lying, I don't know whether stating a particular target would likely help us to figure that out (though I suppose
it might
.)
can't hurt to know. mafia is a game of connecting the dots as the corpses pile up. unfortunately, zero is connecting himself to a dead townie. does seem par for the course.

i guess i'm okay if someone would like to claim roleblocker. it could play to our favor now.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

This just gets weirder and weirder. First, Zero makes an unsolicited cop claim out of the blue, and later claims to have tried to investigate a dead player who had flipped town? And then wonders why the 'action could not be performed'? And he wonders about his sanity... oh my.

Anyway, I asked previously whether it is normal to have a role such as a paranoid cop in a mini normal game where there is already another cop, and a couple of you seem to have indicated that it is possible. Has anyone ever played in a 12 player game with two cops? I haven't completed very many 12 player games yet so I'm just not sure how common or how rare it might be.
Porkens wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:I'm not voting because I'm torn on what to do right now. We have one replacement, I'm more than willing to let him catch up with us all.

In the mean time I will probably have to give the last few pages another read. I'm not sure what to think about Zero's half assed cop claim. Scum coming out like he did really makes little sense. Maybe we have two cops. One for mafia, one for the SK? Right now I'm not sure.

Zero really needs to come back in here and you know.. Start making some sense. That would be helpful.
This is such a scummy post.
What is scummy about it?

Regards,
Jazz
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Looker »

here and reading
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Looker »

vote jazzmyn
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

Looker wrote:
vote jazzmyn
Well this is certainly new and different.

What's your reasoning?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Herodotus »

don_johnson wrote:
hero wrote:I'm finding Don is asking/suggesting seemingly innocuous questions to which the scum would want to know the answers more than the town would.
questions plural? please list them.
Just 2, ATM:
You asked Zero whom he targeted.
You "suggested a question" (can't think of the best way to describe it, really) to acfan whether he was NK-immune. You didn't explicitly ask, but you put him in a position of believing that answering that question would be beneficial to him as it would support his claim.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Looker wrote:
vote jazzmyn
tl;dr

Seriously though, anything to back that up with?
Not a dayvig.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Looker wrote:
vote jazzmyn
Awesome - something new to talk about. Welcome aboard, Looker.

Regards,
Jazz
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

well, thank you all for making me feel like the dumbest fool on the planet. okay, yes i just realized that I wasted an investigation, but as stupid as that was, I am a cop, and that means I am pro-twon. And don, that zerobrains thing sucked.
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Herodotus wrote: You "suggested a question" (can't think of the best way to describe it, really) to acfan whether he was NK-immune. You didn't explicitly ask, but you put him in a position of believing that answering that question would be beneficial to him as it would support his claim.
^^^ = bullshit. i stated my suspicions rather clearly. why are you so sure acfan is not mafia?
zero wrote:I am a cop, and that means I am pro-twon.
no, it doesn't.
zero wrote:And don, that zerobrains thing sucked.
sorry, just having fun. its not my fault you tried to investigate a dead guy(allegedly). :oops:
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Herodotus »

don_johnson wrote:in response to "they could kill you overnight":
acfan wrote:They could do that. But what if that failed? A lynch is the only unstoppable (well, almost unstoppable) method of killing somebody. All others can be prevented by roleblocks, protections, etc.
^^ post i was referring to. just seems like this would have been a good chance to at least hint at immunity. hard to say, but this statement pinged ignorance to me.
You're taking that out of context. Here:
ac1983fan wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:
Porkens wrote:there is, of course, the possibility that your maf and fakeclaimed. In that scenario, I bet the SK would stay quiet.
Why would the SK not cc? the SK would want to get rid of me also in that situation if he were smart. But I'm the real SK, so any cc is maf.
They would just kill you over night.
They could do that. But what if that failed? A lynch is the only unstoppable (well, almost unstoppable) method of killing somebody. All others can be prevented by roleblocks, protections, etc.
He was obviously talking about an SK killing him if he were mafia making a fake-claim. Either you read this with a confirmation bias, or you're trying to make it look like something it isn't.
don_johnson wrote:i guess i'm okay if someone would like to claim roleblocker. it could play to our favor now.
THERE! AGAIN!
Seriously, you might have a pro-town reason for wanting to know this, but do you have any explanation for why it's okay to inform the scum who, if anyone, has this role? And what the town has to gain from a claim? Maybe start with that explanation,
then
invite someone to claim. Or, if you're mafia, please keep doing what you're doing. Or just claim.
don_johnson wrote:^^^ = bullshit. i stated my suspicions rather clearly. why are you so sure acfan is not mafia?
I didn't say you didn't state your suspicions, I said that you let acfan think it would support his case if he stated his NK-immunity difinitively.
I'm not "sure" that acfan is not mafia; in fact, I was the first to suggest his claim could be fake. It depends in part on whether someone (Looker or EA's replacement, I suppose) counterclaims, but if no one does, his claim is pretty believable.
Porkens wrote:He still coulda been roleblocked. You're both making assumptions here.
You're right. He could have been, but if he was, it's not "the reason" why he didn't get a result. So there's no indication that he was.

@Jazzmyn: I can easily imagine multiple cops with different sanities. I think I've seen that before, if not in a game, then at least in Mafia Discussion.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Herodotus wrote:
don_johnson wrote:in response to "they could kill you overnight":
acfan wrote:They could do that. But what if that failed? A lynch is the only unstoppable (well, almost unstoppable) method of killing somebody. All others can be prevented by roleblocks, protections, etc.
^^ post i was referring to. just seems like this would have been a good chance to at least hint at immunity. hard to say, but this statement pinged ignorance to me.
You're taking that out of context. Here:
ac1983fan wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:
Porkens wrote:there is, of course, the possibility that your maf and fakeclaimed. In that scenario, I bet the SK would stay quiet.
Why would the SK not cc? the SK would want to get rid of me also in that situation if he were smart. But I'm the real SK, so any cc is maf.
They would just kill you over night.
They could do that. But what if that failed? A lynch is the only unstoppable (well, almost unstoppable) method of killing somebody. All others can be prevented by roleblocks, protections, etc.
He was obviously talking about an SK killing him if he were mafia making a fake-claim.
Either you read this with a confirmation bias, or you're trying to make it look like something it isn't
^^^^^^^^^^^
either/or fallacy
. you leave out the plausible scenario where i simply misunderstand the quote in its context.
hero wrote:
don_johnson wrote:i guess i'm okay if someone would like to claim roleblocker. it could play to our favor now.
THERE! AGAIN!
Seriously, you might have a pro-town reason for wanting to know this, but do you have any explanation for why it's okay to inform the scum who, if anyone, has this role? And what the town has to gain from a claim?
claims can help to clear things up. if we are not going to lynch acfan then we need to do something. a roleblocker claim narrows down our targets for lynch and gives us the option to test acfan's claim by blocking him.
hero wrote:
don_johnson wrote:^^^ = bullshit. i stated my suspicions rather clearly. why are you so sure acfan is not mafia?
I didn't say you didn't state your suspicions, I said that you let acfan think it would support his case if he stated his NK-immunity difinitively.
I'm not "sure" that acfan is not mafia; in fact, I was the first to suggest his claim could be fake. It depends in part on whether someone (Looker or EA's replacement, I suppose) counterclaims, but if no one does, his claim is pretty believable.
you seem to have created this situation in your head where you think it is in sk's best interest to claim. if ac is not sk, what benefit does the real sk have in claiming now?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

well don, although my sanity may be insane, I would still be pro-town, just being given incorrect info.
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:02 am

Post by don_johnson »

Zer0ph34r wrote:well don, although my sanity may be insane, I would still be pro-town, just being given incorrect info.
unless you are mafia aligned role cop. i don't know how common the role is, but it certainly exists.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”