War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:54 am

Post by Hoopla »

Whoa, I miss one night and I come back and have hurts on me? ABR, rofl; what exactly is your case on me other than wanting quick kills?

ABR; no, I'm not going to hurt you back and spread even more damage. I think scum has been very clever so far in the way they've managed to divide the town. But it's got to the point where there are that many anti-town strategies out there that we're just going to continue to self-combust if we continue to hurt without thinking.

I don't want to hurt a new target, so give me a moment to reread on the current candidates.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:23 am

Post by Hoopla »

Okay, so we have WaltWishbone, zwet, roflcopter, myself, Shinnen and Xyl currently with damage.

--

To start with I read up on Shinnen first in isolation, then the 'cases' in context and it looks like a load of rubbish to me. I think out of the current candidates he's possibly the best choice to keep alive - I think he's been very earnest so far.

Xyl has been a little erratic but I can kind of see a method behind his strategy and I view his intentions as pure, at the moment. I think there are better lynch choices in this pool.

zwet has been useless, and although I haven't played in any games with him, from what I gather he's usually a good kill to go to when in doubt. I have no interest in researching his meta, but if he dies I will be okay with that.

WaltWishbone - possibly scum, I got an odd feeling reading back through his posts. I'm not going to say there isn't any content, because that's a lie, but there is a large sense of 'padding' and agree posts which subtlely deviates from committing to his own thoughts. I'd like him dead within the first few lynches.

roflcopter is definitively my first choice here - and I would have bit the bullet and probed elsewhere if there wasn't hurt on him already. The fact it's coming from somewhere I deem a likely honest source is also another incentive for me. I dislike the 'everyone hurt if you think they're scumlolO!L!O!!!' strategy - and in particular the attempts to separate the town and control it with his own militia.

q21 also makes a neat catch here;

q21 wrote:
Shinnen_no_Me wrote:
Hurt: Rofl
for creating groups of "sure-protown-buddies", very scummy.

With an divine glow, Shinnen unsheathes her
longsword
, with the speed of a lighting, and swiftly yet precisely strikes the fallen Rofl's back, leaving a trial of fire as the edge cuts both the air and the flesh of the heathen.
roflcopter wrote:
hurt: hoopla
with a giant flaming angel
sword
of justice
It would appear we have two seraphim, we'll need to wait for the next official hurt count to be sure. If it is the case I'm going to be all for killing Shinnen and if she comes up town rolfcopter is next. I don't see two town seraphim.
Two Seraphims, although possible in a larger group I would consider unlikely. The only part I disagree with q21 is about killing Shinnen first - I'd rather attack roflcopter.

As far as other players go, I get a decent town feeling on q21 and Nuwen, and I'm still unsure whether ABR is scummy or just anti-town.

I'm ready to start hurting now though;

Hurt: roflcopter
-
suck it
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:13 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Colors help?
FOURTH DAMAGE TALLY OF THE TWELFTH ÆON
Albert B. Rampage, Nuwen, populartajo, q21, Seraphim, vIQleS, and WeyounsLastClone are at 1 HP above their normal maximum.

Drench, DrippingGoofball, Giuseppe, Juls, Kinetic, Tenchi, and The Fonz are all at normal HP.
Xylthixlm has 1 damage.
roflcopter, Shinnen_no_Me, and zwetschenwasser have 2 damage each.
Hoopla and WaltWishbone have 3 damage each.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:32 am

Post by Seraphim »

First of all, an update on the current situation:

Let's kill some people and have a healing cooldown phase where we heal some of the players who probably aren't scum. WaltWishbone, after his latest post, has piqued my scum meter. I am seriously reconsidering switching my hurt to him.

Hoopla's latest post is still scummy. I made a large, nice analysis post back a few pages detailing why you are scum. go check it out. Shinnen is not a Seraphim unless Flay missed Hoopla's damage.

rofl is not scum, Jesus Christ. You'll quickly notice that no one is backing him up on his suspicions meaning that he's acting on his own. As far as I can tell, his intentions, no matter how bullshitty, are town so I'm fairly sure he's town

Shinnen...not sure about Shinnen. But I do believe there was an ultimatum, that anyone who didn't hurt one of the players who already had damage on them will be killed. I am willing to back that up and kill Shinnen.

zwet, I will continue to hurt unless someone convinces me otherwise. This will be followed by Hoopla and then Walt.

Xyl still has no case on him and Walt's case on him is complete and total bullshit. Even more bullshit than Rofl's case on me. Speaking of that, I said I was going to dissect it...that's the next post.

Anyway...

NEXT PLAYER TO HURT A PLAYER WHO IS NOT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING: XYL, ROFL, SHINNEN, ZWET, WALTWISHBONE, OR HOOPLA WILL BE KILLED.

We have more than 25% of the town under normal HP. Can we please try to not let that happen again in the future?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:42 am

Post by populartajo »

I dont need to remind Fonz who was right the last time we played together...
Whatever. I really dont understand why my ideas are benefiting the scum when Im giving BIG arguments why town lost the other game. DAMAGE ANARCHY. Saying that only scum would agree with my plan is a something I totally disagree. Scum actually want what is happening right now:
everyone is hurting whomever they want to hurt
. There is obvscum hiding in this agressive stance but hey if you are blind I cant give you more eyes than you deserve.
Actually, the only flaw in my plan is that it needs everyone to cooperate but yeah that is never going to happen...
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Seraphim »

his first post is an excuse for not saying anything about xyl's alignment, then agreeing with the common consensus that everyone should be healed up, then asking for a mutual heal. there is nothing in there that actually said anything. then his next post is just healing shinnen
My first post is...a first post. He hadn't posted enough to do anything that might allow me to gain a read on him. I have a town read on him right now. First posts aren't supposed to be amazing.

And yes, I agreed with the mutual healing bit at the beginning of the game. Note the second part: it's important. I had not been in this sort of game before and people had pointed out the benefits of filling the town up. I still believe in those benefits as it makes it harder for scum to bring players down.
he follows up with "rofl's crazy attacking is noted" which is code for "i'm not gonna take a stance on it now but if it becomes popular i now have my foot in the door to be suspicious of rofl"
You could read it like that. But I prefer to translate that as "rofl, stop it, you're gonna get yourself lynched because of your erratic play, start hunting scum". Guess what? People are now hurting you because of your erratic play! who called it?
next post, he supports abr's call for a kill on viq, remarks that the game moves fast, and says viq is the scummiest so far. without saying why. yet i'm the one who's getting bitched at for not giving enough support for my attacks? does anyone see yet why the whole viq pseudo wagon is a load of horse shit?
I still see viq as suspicious. However, he has no damage on him and I plan on adhering to the plan. Tell me, why isn't viq suspicious? If you want to figure out why he's not town, go back and read his posts.
i absolutely love his following post. "vote viq. i don't think xyl is scum. too many people are following shin's non participatory example, but we should lynch the scummy people first then worry about lurkers." lets see... seraphim himself hasn't actually participated worth a damn up to this point, but he's bitching about people not participating? and he still hasn't said why he wants viq dead, nor does he give a good reason for why xyl is town, but i'm still the one people are getting up in arms about not giving reasons with what i do. thats great. really.
I was merely using my scum meta on him. You're doing the PBPA, figure that one out on your own. Also, you accuse me of lurking at that point in the game. Alright. Good for you. The game had been going on for a day, hunting lurkers OVER THE WEEKEND when ACTIVITY IS DOWN seems counterproductive. Killing the actual scum or the players who make minimal comments while lurking(LIKE ZWET) is the way to go.
next, seraphim asks xyl whether juls and walt are lurkers, and says we should sort out the regular lurkers from the scummy lurkers. i'm not really sure what that is even supposed to mean, but seraphim has done nothing this game except buddy up to xyl.
Regular lurkers wait out the game and post small comments of town goodness. Scummy lurkers post even less and agree with whatever has been said. Pretty much to show up and hurt someone.
"at least i'm committing to a kill." i'll let you geniuses figure out for yourselves why this is scummy.
Apparently no one has figured out why this is scummy because it's not. Think about why scum wouldn't commit to a single kill in a game like this.
stupid questions for abr that also serve to defend shinnen, and an unexplained unvote. i especially love the "for now" part, because he's still leaving himself open to the possibility of returning to his still unexplained viq vote. note also that the bullshit about scummy lurkers vs regular lurkers all also served to defend shinnen
I think that I deserved to know why he changed his tune so fast. There was no explanation...suddenly, he's attacking one player and then hurts a completely different one.
and then the shining jewel in the pile of garbage that are his votes, he fishes for my role with the simple question of "soft-claim?"
You claimed you had more HP than me. That isn't a question for you to answer, it's a note to myself: rofl has soft-claimed a role with a lot of HP.

So, there's a case here, certainly...unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be garnering any sort of support and it's clear you've turned your attention elsewhere. Feel free to continue attacking me, however! [/quote]
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:53 am

Post by populartajo »

Seraphim wrote:
NEXT PLAYER TO HURT A PLAYER WHO IS NOT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING: XYL, ROFL, SHINNEN, ZWET, WALTWISHBONE, OR HOOPLA WILL BE KILLED.

Finally, some order in this mess.
Seraphim wrote:We have more than 25% of the town under normal HP. Can we please try to not let that happen again in the future?
Try to convince the tard townies and scum hiding in this aggressive stance.
Call me Tajo.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Hoopla »

Seraphim wrote:
Hoopla's latest post is still scummy. I made a large, nice analysis post back a few pages detailing why you are scum. go check it out. Shinnen is not a Seraphim unless Flay missed Hoopla's damage.
I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to those that elected to hurt me, as they just seemed to jump on with little no to reason. Thanks for trying to answer for them though.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:56 am

Post by populartajo »

XYL, ROFL, SHINNEN, ZWET, WALTWISHBONE, OR HOOPLA
Maybe we could do a intent to hurt count and analyse the wagons.

Intent to hurt Votecount.

Xyl
Rolf
Shinnen 1 (Tajo)
Zwet
Walt
Hoopla

Intent to hurt : Shinnen.
Call me Tajo.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Everyone should now decide between SHINNEN and HOOPLA.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:33 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Don't have time to do a hurt/heal count right now, but I believe roflcopter and shinnen_no_me are now both proven Seraphim.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Everyone should now decide between SHINNEN and HOOPLA.
How's that? Supporting your scum partner, rofl?

And please, Seraphim, try to put names to the quotes. It makes it easy to understand who said what and who are you answering to.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:49 am

Xylthixlm wrote:I believe roflcopter and shinnen_no_me are now both proven Seraphim.
Correct.

EVERYONE SHOULD NOW CONCENTRATE THEIR ATTACKS ON SHINNEN_NO_ME AND HOOPLA.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:50 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Seraphim wrote:We have more than 25% of the town under normal HP. Can we please try to not let that happen again in the future?
How do you know that's not where half the scum is, too?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:51 am

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Everyone should now decide between SHINNEN and HOOPLA.
How's that? Supporting your scum partner, rofl?
Die, scumbag.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

I still want to hear what's the case against me. As I said before, the only reason I'm getting attacked is because I disagree with rofl's scum grouping. And, oh surprise, all players that are attacking me are in that group! Coincidence? No. Most likely they're trying to kill me for opening my mouth and pointing out they're true intentions.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:53 am

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:I still want to hear what's the case against me. As I said before, the only reason I'm getting attacked is because I disagree with rofl's scum grouping. And, oh surprise, all players that are attacking me are in that group! Coincidence? No. Most likely they're trying to kill me for opening my mouth and pointing out they're true intentions.
Wrong, DGB doesn't want to have anything to do with attacking you, yet she's in the "group" that rofl made up.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Well, I'm not saying that all in the group are scum. But I'm saying that it's REALLY odd that I'm getting attacks just for pointing out such group. Or do you have a serious case on me?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

You hurt an uninjured player. Die.

From my iPhone
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:51 am

Post by roflcopter »

i was at one above normal health and now i'm two below, so shinnen is a proven seraph. it should be obvious that the scum are lining up to shoot me, since i am now also a proven seraph.

as soon as i'm recharged i'm smacking shinnen, because proven scum power role is more important to kill than probable scum not power role hoopla

i endorse the killing of shinnen and then hoopla (and then i will reexamine my case on seraphim, then poptajo etc)
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:52 am

roflcopter wrote:i endorse the killing of shinnen and then hoopla (and then i will reexamine my case on seraphim, then poptajo etc)
I support this motion.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:53 am

Post by roflcopter »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:Well, I'm not saying that all in the group are scum. But I'm saying that it's REALLY odd that I'm getting attacks just for pointing out such group. Or do you have a serious case on me?
ahahahaha strawman
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:05 am

Post by roflcopter »

seraphim wrote:My first post is...a first post. He hadn't posted enough to do anything that might allow me to gain a read on him. I have a town read on him right now. First posts aren't supposed to be amazing.

And yes, I agreed with the mutual healing bit at the beginning of the game. Note the second part: it's important. I had not been in this sort of game before and people had pointed out the benefits of filling the town up. I still believe in those benefits as it makes it harder for scum to bring players down.
your first two posts weren't so wildly different from most peoples early game posts that i would normally even point them out, but xyl made a point of saying somewhere that he got a distinct pro town vibe from your first two posts. i was just highlighting them to point out how ridiculous that statement was.
seraphim wrote:You could read it like that. But I prefer to translate that as "rofl, stop it, you're gonna get yourself lynched because of your erratic play, start hunting scum". Guess what? People are now hurting you because of your erratic play! who called it?
no, people are now hurting me because i'm a power role and they're scum
seraphim wrote:I still see viq as suspicious. However, he has no damage on him and I plan on adhering to the plan. Tell me, why isn't viq suspicious? If you want to figure out why he's not town, go back and read his posts.
hey copout. the burden of proof is on the player who calls suspicion, not the player who questions the suspicion.
seraphim wrote:I was merely using my scum meta on him. You're doing the PBPA, figure that one out on your own. Also, you accuse me of lurking at that point in the game. Alright. Good for you. The game had been going on for a day, hunting lurkers OVER THE WEEKEND when ACTIVITY IS DOWN seems counterproductive. Killing the actual scum or the players who make minimal comments while lurking(LIKE ZWET) is the way to go.
ok, no. first off, the two of you have some weird meta related circle jerk going on where you just call each other town over and over again and scream meta! i was scum with him once this isn't how he plays as scum! but i'll let that go for now because i'm not killing you today. but i did not accuse you of lurking, i accused you of
not participating
, which, let me clue you in, is the same as ACTIVE LURKING. you were posting, often, but you weren't actually doing anything. then you just strawman my whole argument by trying to shoot down any plan that involved lurker hunting, and follow up with yet another deflection onto zwet. pretty awesome.
seraphim wrote:Regular lurkers wait out the game and post small comments of town goodness. Scummy lurkers post even less and agree with whatever has been said. Pretty much to show up and hurt someone.
you ignored a more important part of my comment here - you needed xyl's answer to this why? you couldn't just figure it out for yourself why? you were and still are shamelessly buddying up to xyl, and the saddest part is he's buying it.
seraphim wrote:I think that I deserved to know why he changed his tune so fast. There was no explanation...suddenly, he's attacking one player and then hurts a completely different one.
no, you were just stalling for shinnen, thats all there is to it. wait, let me update my chart - stalling for SHINNEN, THE SCUM POWER ROLE AND MOST OBVIOUS SCUM THAT HAS EVER EXISTED. that felt pretty good.
seraphim wrote:You claimed you had more HP than me. That isn't a question for you to answer, it's a note to myself: rofl has soft-claimed a role with a lot of HP.
you mean "note to self - try to get confirmation of whether or not rofl is claiming seraph, so i can discuss with my scumbuddies how we won't be wasting a rage dump on rofl until we've had some sacraficial scum lambs like shinnen and hoopla hurt him in the most obvious way possible"
seraphim wrote:So, there's a case here, certainly...unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be garnering any sort of support and it's clear you've turned your attention elsewhere. Feel free to continue attacking me, however!
certainly. you should get your affairs in order, because this is heaven, and your death is preordained for circa the third aeon of this game.
soi soi soi

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:30 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
roflcopter wrote:i endorse the killing of shinnen and then hoopla (and then i will reexamine my case on seraphim, then poptajo etc)
I support this motion.
No you don't. You haven't done shit.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:36 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
I support this motion.
No you don't. You haven't done shit.
I can't do it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”