Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I see a deadline in a few days. This will be one of the first games I look at. See my sig.

Unvote
, I remember being very convinced about Isacc, but I see a weak doc claim when skimming. I'd like results if they aren't up already. Be back with content ASAP. Tonight at the earliest.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Isacc wrote:Alright, here is what consistently bothers me about some of the cases against me. Simply put: bussing is not a good scumtell. Here is why.

Someone has to join a wagon late. Someone has to be near the end votes of a wagon. Also, many times have people in games joined wagons of people who were near lynch, deciding they were a good enough lynch despite pushing for someone else during other parts of the day.

These things are equally available situations for town and scum. Not often do 7 players lynch someone on D1 where they all were openly and vocally suspicious of that person, and so very often do people (town and assuredly scum too) end up joining wagons in the same fashion as I did last day.
I don't agree with your assessment of what constitutes bussing. It's not just that "someone joined a wagon late," although that often is part of the bigger picture. To me, what constitutes bussing is: someone acting strangely in regards to a known scum. "Acting strangely" can mean several things, and it's not always the same from game to game, person to person. Situations are always different.

Some things that make me pick up on bussing: 1) Voting scum with a bad reason (to make it easier for their bud to wiggle free? Or because they think that when the bud is revealed scum, their reasons won't be looked at and they will look pro-town regardless). 2) FOSing your buddy while you vote someone else (trying to hedge your bets here so if your buddy is lynched you can say you were suspicious, but also trying to distract from his lynch and hopefully save him by voting a townie) Hint: Isacc FOSed Darox while voting others. 3) Jumping onto wagon late (Isacc also did this).

There are other things, of course, but those just came to mind first. My point is that bussing can mean a lot of things (anything that seems like odd behavior with known scum), and you have done many of them.
Isacc wrote: Bussing is not a provable event. It falls into the exact same category of "well, if he is scum..." Yes, if I were a scumbuddy with Darox, I would have been bussing. However, if I am town, then that is simply not true. There is no way of proving either event based purely on reading the vote-counts.
Don't even go there. Nothing is a provable event if you want to go there. This game is about picking up on behavior that does not seem like how a townie would act. Then you construct an argument and make your case. That's proof in this game. (Unless we're talking investigations, which we're not).

I, and others, are saying that your behavior toward Darox was not how a townie would act. It's how a buddy would act.
Isacc wrote: For these reasons, I do not understand how bussing can be used as your main tell. In my understanding, bussing as a term came about as an explanation of why scum would get rid of their partner.
You are still looking at this from a very simplistic POV. Looking for player's ties to Darox is a huge tool for us to use. Some people even look for buddies before lynching scum. Personally, I think there's too much WIFOM for that to be useful, but after lynching scum? Looking for ties is VERY important.

Do you disagree?
Isacc wrote: Bussing should be presented as an explanation for why an already scummy person voted a person who flipped scum. Why? Because it's speculative. It should not be used to prove that someone
is
scummy because no one knows whether or not I was actually bussing.
Everything in this game is speculative. I don't understand the problem here...

The rest of your post was more of the same... I think I've answered why your argument doesn't make sense. It's like you're saying "bussing" can't ever be used as an argument because we won't know for sure until we lynch you. But everything in this game is like that. We don't know for sure until roles are revealed.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Isacc »

You missed my
actual
question this time. Are you avoiding it on purpose?

You
still
aren't looking for scum.

Is anyone else noticing this!?

In response to your argument:

You're missing the essential point. No we don't know anything, but we suspect people for things they
do
. You are suspecting me
because
I "bussed," however you have no clue if I bussed or not.

That is why bussing is not a "scumtell" because
you have no way to know if I am bussing
. You cannot say I am scummy because of bussing, because you have no clue if that's the truth.

Before you say another "everything is speculative," consider this. Look at other common scumtells.

Quickhammering: we
know
if a person hammers. This is a scumtell that can be judged.
Contradictions: you
know
if a person contradicts himself. This can be judged.
Bandwagoning without reason: we
know
if someone jumps on a wagon without posting a case. This can be judged.

However, you don't know if I am bussing, so you can't say "he is scum because he is bussing."
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:58 am

Post by SlySly »

Isacc wrote: You
still
aren't looking for scum.
Nor are you. You are looking for EK. Seems like OMGUS to me.

Here is how your contributions appear to me since your claim, and I am paraphrasing...'OMG, I am so pissed and I haven't wasted anytime but let's rehash that point and waste the rest of our time debating if I contributed to game stagnation or not what little other time we have we can argue the WIFOM of my bussing, the mod has screwed this game over, EK is such obvious scum and is tunneling on me and ignoring my arguments while I tunnel on EK with OMGUS, why won't the town see this and lynch EK?'

I asked you to do something and you totally ignored me, should I act towards you the way you are acting towards EK?
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Isacc »

Sly: Umm...what are you saying I ignored you about? I'm pretty certain I've answered your questions.

And, why are you defending EK?

Oh and, I
am
looking for scum. EK is in NO WAY confirmed. EK is the one who hasn't moved past the claimed doc. Two
very different
situations. Don't try and relate what she's doing to what I am doing, as they are very different.

Sly, your "paraphrasing" is utter crap. I have made arguments on a scum suspect. The person who is "rehashing" the points you brought up, is EK. Kinda funny how you blame me for this stuff.

And I am not tunnelling. Here's how it is.

Caf19 seems protown to me. Destructor seems protown to me. Plum seems protown to me.

Kmd seems like mislead town to me.

Has can't talk.

EK is suspicious, Sly is suspicious, Imaginality is less suspicious. Sly apparently cannot be lynched again, so no point in wasting time on you. Between EK and Imaginality, EK is the better lynch choice.

I am not tunnelling. I have chosen the best lynch. And sly, stop defending EK.
Show

Check out my machinima:
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Elvis - 98989088089790 - [Isacc, Plum]
Isacc - 25890094 - [Imaginality]
Plum - 9825823 - [Elvis]
caf - 0945 - [Sly]

Not Voting - 0 - [des, Hascow, caf, kmd]

Cups of Lemonade Bought : 3

Deadline: Tuesday, March 24, 12:00 PM EST

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:39 am

Post by imaginality »

Fangs vor all ze happy-birrrthday vishes. :)

I vill belief Isacc's claim vor now.
Unvote

Zumfink abut caf19's rrole vorries me:
caf19 wrote:I need at least three people to buy lemonade each day.
Zis I am vonderingk abut. Eet seems zat zis vud gif scum ze vin in 5-man lylo. (Zey don't buy lemonade and even if you lynch one of zem, it leavingk 1 townie and 1 scum next day efter you die and zey kill overnight, yes?)

So I am qvestioningk vether zere vud be a role vhich is doomed to self-destrrruct near endgame (vunz fewer zan 3 ozzer townies arre alive), even in bastarrd mod game.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:53 am

Post by SlySly »

Deadline is Tuesday
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:29 am

Post by caf19 »

EK, your vote is still on Plum, and has remained there throughout your pushing for Isacc to "claim or die" and his subsequent claim and supposed clearing of Plum. Please explain why your vote is still there.
imaginality wrote:Zumfink abut caf19's rrole vorries me:
caf19 wrote:I need at least three people to buy lemonade each day.
Zis I am vonderingk abut. Eet seems zat zis vud gif scum ze vin in 5-man lylo. (Zey don't buy lemonade and even if you lynch one of zem, it leavingk 1 townie and 1 scum next day efter you die and zey kill overnight, yes?)
Hmm, I had been worrying about something similar recently. I'm thinking that the mod might 'move the goalposts' and change what I need to do if it gets to such a stage.
imaginality wrote:So I am qvestioningk vether zere vud be a role vhich is doomed to self-destrrruct near endgame (vunz fewer zan 3 ozzer townies arre alive), even in bastarrd mod game.
Eh, we already have one role that can't vote, and therefore appears to be less than useful in a LyLo situation. My role shouldn't be too much of a stretch for the imagination.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Isacc: how the hell do you expect me to scum hunt when I am making multiple posts per real life day answering you? You are causing this huge argument with me and saying I'm ignoring you, and when I try to address you more fully, you say I am tunnelling on you and am not scum hunting. You are just determined to say everything I do is horrible, no matter what. Why don't you post in bold some more and maybe people will believe you.

In terms of alternate lynches... if we don't lynch Isacc, then we don't lynch Plum. I guess my front runner after that is caf since caf has done almost nothing except sell lemonade.

Since deadline is coming:

unvote; vote caf
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

caf19 wrote:EK, your vote is still on Plum, and has remained there throughout your pushing for Isacc to "claim or die" and his subsequent claim and supposed clearing of Plum. Please explain why your vote is still there.
My vote was still there because I thought if I voted Isacc, Isacc might get lynched, and then no more discussion. So I held off. My vote remained there until I decided who deserved it now: you.
Talk nerdy to me.

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by destructor »

Elvis, vy is it zat joo did not answer my kveschon?

Sly, can joo explain vy imaginiality vos won ov joor top sospekts?

imaginality, joo are still votink Iyzak. Do joo still vant to lynch him? If not, vich of elvis or caf vud joo support ze lynching of?

caf, I do not know who it is joo vant to lynch now zat joo hav unvoted Iyzak. Vat are joo tinkink?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by caf19 »

What I am currently thinking is that it's got to be elvis or kmd for me. Need to reread them; will post my results asap.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Isacc »

Here's my thought:

I would like EK and Imaginality and Caf (in fairness, seeing as he seems to be the other prime suspect) to post reasons for why they should be kept alive instead of the other two. Each of you please post what reasons you find yourself to be more pro-town than the others.
Show

Check out my machinima:
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:05 am

Post by caf19 »

Ok, so given the events of today it's been narrowed down (for me) to des, EK, imaginality and Kmd. None of them were my top choice lynch, but some would be slightly more palatable than others; I narrowed it down to elvis and Kmd as they are the people who have actually done a couple of suspicious things that I can remember.

Here's what I think of elvis's recent behaviour:

Reading back now, elvis's switch onto Isacc seems a bit late and somewhat unrealistic. She assesses Kmd's case and finds most of the points to be either null or minorly scummy (too minor to make a noticeable difference), except point seven (the "bussing Darox" point). We get this conclusion:
elvis_knits wrote:OVERALL:

I think many of kmd's points are null on Isacc. Ones I didn't even list were ones I thought were null. I do however think Isacc's behavior toward darox was extremely suspicious, the FOSing and such. That's the strongest part of the whole thing, and for that alone I think Isacc is a good lynch candidate.
When reading this for the first time I assumed there were some precursors to her willingness to lynch Isacc in previous posts; some other points of suspicion she'd brought up against him. However, on reread I see that there is almost nothing of the sort as elvis had focused her attentions on Plum for most of the day. Yet this one point - the bussing issue - is enough to convince her, and she subsequently is quite aggressive towards Isacc with her 'claim or die' post and later arguments with him (even after his claim).

Now, I don't agree with Isacc when he says that bussing can't be used as a tell. It can, in the same manner as many other behaviour patterns that make it more likely that someone is scum. However, what makes me pause for thought here is that I don't find Isacc's bussing to be that strong. While he does spend a lot of time FoSing without voting, he votes Darox on Feb 16th and doesn't unvote again. Around Feb 18th/19th, there was a des wagon (Plum and Sly voting, with non-voter Glork pushing it) waiting to happen if he had switched over. We know des was town. Is the evidence really that strong to make you immediately support his lynch? That strikes me as a little artificial.

Elvis's switch on to me: well, it's not entirely implausible, she has brought my name up a couple of times today and her last mention of me was calling me out for not contributing enough in 1021 and 1023. It's not like I haven't contributed since then, but whatever. I find this to be 50/50 between town going for what they see as the best option they have left, and scum picking a lynch candidate to rival themselves. I won't dwell on it.
elvis_knits wrote:My vote was still there because I thought if I voted Isacc, Isacc might get lynched, and then no more discussion. So I held off. My vote remained there until I decided who deserved it now: you.
Fair enough. I can't see a lynch occurring on only 4, but I can accept that you might.

---

Kmd is currently in the position of not having put down his views on the recent events, so I can't analyse that part of his play yet. Looking back, however, it's very hard to see who he's going to vote for at this point. He was Isacc's fiercest attacker and focused primarily on him, he said he thought EK was town, showed some sympathy towards me (bought lemonade and said "if at any time we want to lynch Caf, we can just refuse to buy lemonade instead"), and he's hardly mentioned imaginality. He mentions him as a suspect D1, but never really explains why. What happened to that, Kmd?

In the meantime,
Isacc wrote:I would like EK and Imaginality and Caf (in fairness, seeing as he seems to be the other prime suspect) to post reasons for why they should be kept alive instead of the other two. Each of you please post what reasons you find yourself to be more pro-town than the others.
- The wagon on me has built up out of nowhere and there has been scant discussion about it. If I get lynched and turned up town, it'll put everyone in a crappy position tomorrow.
- The case on me is far from comprehensive. It is built mostly around me contributing less regularly than others - guess what, I do that in every game, I'm trying to change my playstyle but it's easier said than done. It's not like I am a total enigma in this game either - I have expressed my opinions on everyone and refrained from following the masses in every decision.
- When it comes to actual instances of scummy behaviour, my voters don't have much (Sly has brought up a few points, which I have replied to; elvis has brought up none).
- If you really want me dead, there is the alternative way, which you worked out. That would save you a lynch.

Moving towards an elvis vote. She just seems the natural choice; I'm not interested in trying to get imaginality lynched. I want to see Kmd's take on things though.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:33 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok I'm gonna use the same catch up style I use to replace into games.

Page 42:
Noting Caf said he'd comment on my Isacc case. Wondering if that happened at all.

Page 43:
Sly distracts the town with the discussion about protown Gambits. (I can give a link if you still want it, but I don't see why you need it.)

Ok this is screwed up. Sly asks the town for a link. Plum gives it. That means Plum is defending Isacc?

Imaginality, I have never seen a silencer, but it shouldn't be a town role. I wouldn't rule anything out though.

Isacc seems really sure that his claim will save him. It's possible that he likes a fakeclaim he has prepared.

Des, please explain post 1073 where you say you are "left with" Imaginality, Sly, and Cow. Are you saying one has to be scum? Why? Did you take Darox's flip (he is also in the list) into consideration?

Des shows a good point on Isacc's "Gambit" with the quote where Isacc tells Caf to think more. I guess I can see that. And yes I posted other points. See my case...

Caf, I don't remember any chainsaw defense from Isacc, no. The biggest thing I saw apart from his "Gambit" was the strong connection to Darox.

Caf, when you make your scum list, why do you have Cow in a "mystery position" that you don't know? Can't you take something from Day 1?

Page 44:
Isacc, for Day 1 bussing to a lynch being "terrible" play, see a game I have referenced many times as amazing scum play: Mini 628. LlamaFluff bussed me hard Day 1. Had me as his number 2 suspect all day. Forced a mason claim from his number one suspect. After the claim, he told everyone they should be voting me. I was lynched. Now even better yet, Day 2 he comes out of nowhere with a case no one saw at all Day 2. He gets that lynch. It was our other scumbuddy. We won that game. I never rule out bussing after that game. "I voted for scum" is not a defense IMO. (Not just here. Any time.)

Caf, my Darox vote before the deadline extension was because Isacc wasn't going to be lynched and the other choice, EK, looked townie. When we got the extension, I was back where I started. Voting Isacc. Darox looked better when he posted his thoughts on half the game. But then he flat out refused to give the rest, so that was the nail in his coffin IMO.

Sly, why shouldn't Cow be reading? A silenced player should be keeping up at the very least. At most, they should be writing out posts and stamping times to post it tomorrow.

Isacc, "bussing is not a scumtell"? Who busses? Town? Also, where you say I was "falling off" the wagon, I revoted you because I thought you were scummier and we had a deadline extension. I'll admit that around the time you mention though, I was thinking Darox looked a little better. I still saw you as a better lynch than him and EK a worse lynch though.

"Would Darox's scumbuddy really need to post an entire PBPA on him, rather than just joining the wagon and voicing basic opinions?"-Isacc. Ok, let's play some WIFOM then. What would scum do? Well. If you are going to bus, bus well. Make it look as townie as possible. FoS early. Don't commit. But when the lynch looks almost unavoidable or the partner is too scummy to even bother keeping around, full out attack. Gain townie points and come back the next day saying "I caught scum." Least that's what I would do.

My argument on you included the early mentions of Darox. You called him scummy and FoS'd him but never really pushed or even voted until it was happening anyway. I still see the connection.

And calling it "elaborate" is taking too much credit. It's not that hard to think, "Yeah I need to look like I'm suspicious of my partner so people think we aren't scum together" and "He's gonna be lynched. I should probably jump on."

Isacc, random question. Are you in college? And if you are, are you a psycology major?

Sly, Caf doesn't have a free pass if we decide to lynch him (which I see no reason to do). He just won't be killed for lack of lemonade sale.

Page 45:
Isacc, how can claiming at L-1 hurt the town if you are a weak doc? Anyway. If your claim is true, Plum is basically cleared.

Sly, what is the case on Caf?

Isacc, confirmed innocents are NOT bad for the town.

Sly, why does Isacc's claim clear anyone right now? The claim itself isn't confirmed. Plum isn't confirmed unless Isacc is. And EK? I don't know how EK could even be confirmed by the claim.

-------------------------------------------------------

So.

I'm torn on whether or not to believe Isacc's claim. But regardless, we are NOT lynching an uncountered claimed doc. Also, we are NOT lynching Plum. EK looks town.

I'd like to look closer at Imaginality. As Caf pointed out, I got bad vibes from him earlier, but didn't really have a case.

Now Caf. The thing with him is he needs 3 people to buy lemonade. Now asscume him town just for a second. If he doesn't get that, he dies. As long as the game continues, we know we have at least one scum who won't help him stay alive. So if our night matches last night, we are down a lynch, 2 NKs, and a silenced player. That means 6 alive and if someone is silenced, only 5 who can post. Caf needs 3 of the 4 other players to keep him alive. If that doesn't happen, the lynch puts us at 3 people going into night. The scum get their kill and the vig or SK gets a kill. If it's SK, we are screwed.

Now all of that is if he is town. If he is scum, he's obviously a good choice. But I don't think he should be kept alive today either way.

Vote caf
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:03 am

Post by caf19 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Caf, I don't remember any chainsaw defense from Isacc, no. The biggest thing I saw apart from his "Gambit" was the strong connection to Darox.
K, well that just means I still don't see the case on him as ever being that strong.
Kmd4390 wrote:Caf, when you make your scum list, why do you have Cow in a "mystery position" that you don't know? Can't you take something from Day 1?
yes, I can, but it didn't seem fair to put him on the same list as the other players when I have a day's worth more material on other people. He didn't really seem to fit on the same scale as everyone else. If I had to put him on the scale-of-everyone it would be fairly low (maybe level with you, Kmd). At this point with so many people out of the picture, I might have considered possibly lynching him if he wasn't silenced, but lynching someone who can't defend themselves and/or claim is a crappy idea, imo.
Kmd4390 wrote:Caf, my Darox vote before the deadline extension was because Isacc wasn't going to be lynched and the other choice, EK, looked townie. When we got the extension, I was back where I started. Voting Isacc. Darox looked better when he posted his thoughts on half the game. But then he flat out refused to give the rest, so that was the nail in his coffin IMO.
That makes a reasonable amount of sense, but it doesn't change the fact that you didn't seem very eager to lynch Darox and were quite happy to get back on someone else's wagon. hmm... What was it about Darox's long post that made him look more town to you? Others found it to be quite a questionable post.
Kmd4390 wrote:Sly, Caf doesn't have a free pass if we decide to lynch him (which I see no reason to do). He just won't be killed for lack of lemonade sale.
What post is this referring to? It's just that it appears to be saying that there is no reason to lynch me, when later on you vote for me, which is something of a contradiction. Feel free to clarify if this isn't what you were saying.
Kmd4390 wrote:Sly, what is the case on Caf?
Again, what's the point of this if you're just going to vote for me without hearing it?
Kmd4390 wrote:Now Caf. The thing with him is he needs 3 people to buy lemonade. Now asscume him town just for a second. If he doesn't get that, he dies. As long as the game continues, we know we have at least one scum who won't help him stay alive. So if our night matches last night, we are down a lynch, 2 NKs, and a silenced player. That means 6 alive and if someone is silenced, only 5 who can post. Caf needs 3 of the 4 other players to keep him alive. If that doesn't happen, the lynch puts us at 3 people going into night. The scum get their kill and the vig or SK gets a kill. If it's SK, we are screwed.

Now all of that is if he is town. If he is scum, he's obviously a good choice. But I don't think he should be kept alive today either way.
this reasoning just seems insufficient and reminiscent of the 'policy lynch' on Glork that was bring suggested yesterday. Have I actually been scummy or are you just voting me because of this potential liability in situations with fewer players? As I said at one point before, I think that in the case of not enough people being around to buy lemonade, the mod will 'move the goalposts' so my death isn't inevitable. Since I've got the most votes, I may as well add that the mod put something in my role to make me believe that - something along the lines of 'if X happens... who knows'. Heavy paraphrasing obv. The gist of it is that Mirth has clearly considered outcomes such as that one.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

caf19 wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Caf, I don't remember any chainsaw defense from Isacc, no. The biggest thing I saw apart from his "Gambit" was the strong connection to Darox.
K, well that just means I still don't see the case on him as ever being that strong.
Well we aren't lynching him today anyway so it doesn't matter much right now.
Caf wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Caf, when you make your scum list, why do you have Cow in a "mystery position" that you don't know? Can't you take something from Day 1?
yes, I can, but it didn't seem fair to put him on the same list as the other players when I have a day's worth more material on other people. He didn't really seem to fit on the same scale as everyone else. If I had to put him on the scale-of-everyone it would be fairly low (maybe level with you, Kmd). At this point with so many people out of the picture, I might have considered possibly lynching him if he wasn't silenced, but lynching someone who can't defend themselves and/or claim is a crappy idea, imo.
Fair enough. I just wanted to know what you thought about him. He shouldn't be forgotten, but probably shouldn't be lynched today either.
Caf wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Caf, my Darox vote before the deadline extension was because Isacc wasn't going to be lynched and the other choice, EK, looked townie. When we got the extension, I was back where I started. Voting Isacc. Darox looked better when he posted his thoughts on half the game. But then he flat out refused to give the rest, so that was the nail in his coffin IMO.
That makes a reasonable amount of sense, but it doesn't change the fact that you didn't seem very eager to lynch Darox and were quite happy to get back on someone else's wagon. hmm... What was it about Darox's long post that made him look more town to you? Others found it to be quite a questionable post.
Well I thought Isacc was scummier than Darox. So I had no reason to vote Darox over Isacc outside of the deadline.

The point against Darox was that he wasn't contributing. When I saw him "contribute" with that post, it looked better. After that, he went straight downhill though.

Caf wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Sly, Caf doesn't have a free pass if we decide to lynch him (which I see no reason to do). He just won't be killed for lack of lemonade sale.
What post is this referring to? It's just that it appears to be saying that there is no reason to lynch me, when later on you vote for me, which is something of a contradiction. Feel free to clarify if this isn't what you were saying.
Sly said we were giving you a free pass. I thought there was no reason to lynch you when I wrote that because there was no case on you and I didn't see anything. But then I later think about your role specifically and it probably hurts the town to keep you alive in a position where you die. So it's not a contradiction. It's a change of stance after further evaluation.

Caf wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Sly, what is the case on Caf?
Again, what's the point of this if you're just going to vote for me without hearing it?
He voted without a case. I was curious why. I hadn't seen his case yet and I hadn't thought more about your role until I read a post (by Imaginality?) about you being doomed to die and realized it would suck losing because we left you alive.
caf wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Now Caf. The thing with him is he needs 3 people to buy lemonade. Now asscume him town just for a second. If he doesn't get that, he dies. As long as the game continues, we know we have at least one scum who won't help him stay alive. So if our night matches last night, we are down a lynch, 2 NKs, and a silenced player. That means 6 alive and if someone is silenced, only 5 who can post. Caf needs 3 of the 4 other players to keep him alive. If that doesn't happen, the lynch puts us at 3 people going into night. The scum get their kill and the vig or SK gets a kill. If it's SK, we are screwed.

this reasoning just seems insufficient and reminiscent of the 'policy lynch' on Glork that was bring suggested yesterday. Have I actually been scummy or are you just voting me because of this potential liability in situations with fewer players? As I said at one point before, I think that in the case of not enough people being around to buy lemonade, the mod will 'move the goalposts'
so my death isn't inevitable
. Since I've got the most votes, I may as well add that the mod put something in my role to make me believe that - something along the lines of 'if X happens... who knows'. Heavy paraphrasing obv. The gist of it is that Mirth has clearly considered outcomes such as that one.
Yes, it is similar to Glork's situation in a few ways.

I'm voting you mostly because of your role, but partially because my top choice for most of the game isn't a good choice anymore and we have a deadline coming up.

To the bolded: What happened to not being able to tell us that? :?

I think I'm still fine with this vote. I don't like the other popular options and I don't have a case on Imaginality.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:02 am

Post by elvis_knits »

destructor wrote:Elvis, vy is it zat joo did not answer my kveschon?

Sly, can joo explain vy imaginiality vos won ov joor top sospekts?

imaginality, joo are still votink Iyzak. Do joo still vant to lynch him? If not, vich of elvis or caf vud joo support ze lynching of?

caf, I do not know who it is joo vant to lynch now zat joo hav unvoted Iyzak. Vat are joo tinkink?
I didn't realize you asked me a question... I tend to gloss over you because it takes me longer to figure out what the hell you're saying with the accent.

I'll go sift through I guess...
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think this is what you mean:
destructor wrote:
elviz wrote:Expressing suspicions but not voting Darox is EXACTLY the way I would expect a bus to go down. You're trying to cover yourself for the future by expressing suspicion, but not actually voting guy, which might, you know, lead to your buddies death.
Is it not zat joo sed joo
know
zat Iyzak is kareful viz his votes? Vy iz it zat it iz a schomtell this time?
I don't think I ever said that Isacc is careful with his votes. Isacc said that as his defense, and I questioned him about it. I'm not really sure it's true. I've played with Isacc before, and I don't remember noticing this. I haven't had time to look back at the game, but I don't remember it.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Isacc wrote:Here's my thought:

I would like EK and Imaginality and Caf (in fairness, seeing as he seems to be the other prime suspect) to post reasons for why they should be kept alive instead of the other two. Each of you please post what reasons you find yourself to be more pro-town than the others.
Among other things, I was onto Darox from the get-go and voted him throughout even when he was even with Des.

Whoever has the most votes should claim soon in case we need to switch wagons again. If it's me, I'll claim whenever. I'll claim tomorrow morning if I have the most votes. Speak up if you think there should be another plan...
Talk nerdy to me.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:36 am

Post by imaginality »

Alo, salut, sunt eu, un haiduc
si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea

Alo, alo, sunt eu, Picasso
ti-am dat beep
si sunt voinic
Dar sa stii, nu-ti cer nimic
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:52 am

Post by caf19 »

Kmd4390 wrote:To the bolded: What happened to not being able to tell us that? :?
That bit slipped through in the flow of my post. I guess I didn't check that post as stringently as I normally do for infractions, as I have a greater threat to avoid now (being lynched). We'll see if the mod says anything.
elvis_knits wrote:Whoever has the most votes should claim soon in case we need to switch wagons again. If it's me, I'll claim whenever. I'll claim tomorrow morning if I have the most votes. Speak up if you think there should be another plan...
This works. It looks like either you or me, and to a somewhat large extent depends on the opinion of the as-yet-undecided imaginality.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:23 am

Post by caf19 »

Got warned.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well at least you could confirm it for us. That pretty much backs my thoughts for why we shouldn't leave you alive.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”