War in Heaven II - Spirit of Vengeance (Over!)

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by populartajo »

Xylthixlm wrote:
populartajo wrote:With 1 post, wouldnt hurt to hear more about him, dont you think?
If Walt is scum, we kill a scum.
If Walt is town, we kill someone who is slowing the game down.

Seems like win/win to me. And I think Walt has a pretty good chance of being scum.
populartajo wrote:Thoughts about viqles, Shinnen, Kinetic and DGB?
I haven't looked at Shinnen. Kinetic and DGB are both posting enough that I don't want them to die too early. vIQ is vaguely scummy but there are better people to kill.
Which is exactly my point.
I dont want this posterior scenario:
Oh, yeah, Shinnen is scummier than Walt. Lets start hurting her. Walt is already hurt. He could be scum but could be also town.
Rinse and repeat.
Final result : majority of people hurt. Scum smiling with their rage points.
BEFORE WE HURT, WE HAVE TO BE SURE OR GET A GENERAL CONSENSUS.
Voting Intent to hurt is the way to go. Vote someone else you think is scum. Show why he is scum. There are probs that townies get what you are saying and vote with you.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

XYL IS TOO TRIGGER HAPPY. Don't let him get away with this.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Funny thing, the case against me is that I questioned rofl's methods. Yeah, I'm scum because I questioned a player that wants to control the game with his selected group of supposedly pro-town players, who are pro-town just because they say they are between themselves.

Intent to hurt: ABR/rofl

With players like you, the town will surely lose. You think you can just command everything because you say that you are town. Wow, if all mafia games were played like that... ¬_¬ Grow up.

Kinetic, care to explain why an attack against me? What's your case? Or are you only following a bandwagon to look good in front of the eyes of the self-proclaimed gods rofl and ABR?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Juls »

Spreading the damage around like Xyl is doing only benefits scum because they can use their rage points in the background to knock out 2-3 players at once. Please notice who is leading the charge to do these spread out hurts.

I want Xyl dead. Who is with me?
-------------------------------------
Juls
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by roflcopter »

poptajo is losing all town credit at an incredible rate

seraphim and hoopla need to die post haste, and every 24 hours i will be hurting seraphim until he is dead, then i'll start on hoopla

hoopla healing kinetic is extra scummy
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:poptajo is losing all town credit at an incredible rate

seraphim and hoopla need to die post haste, and every 24 hours i will be hurting seraphim until he is dead, then i'll start on hoopla

hoopla healing kinetic is extra scummy
Come help us with Walt instead.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

SECOND DAMAGE TALLY OF THE TWELFTH ÆONAlbert B. Rampage, Cybele, Nuwen, populartajo, q21, roflcopter, and Xylthixlm are at 1 HP above their normal maximum.
Drench, DrippingGoofball, Giuseppe, Hoopla, Juls, Kinetic, Seraphim, Shinnen_no_Me, Tenchi, The Fonz, vIQleS, WaltWishbone, and zwetschenwasser are all at normal HP.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Intent to Hurt: rofl

Stop making threats and start hunting for scum. I also want to hear from ABR.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Hurt: WaltWishbone
Xylthixlm once again draws his Golden Hammer. Raising it high, he flies above the bewildered crowd of angels. Then he drops it and it lands on WaltWishbone's head. SQUEAK!

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Oh my gosh. This is getting out of hand. And NO ONE give me some stupid excuse like "Scum wouldn't be that blatantly anti-town"
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

# Albert B. Rampage - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: Nuwen,
Kinetic
(1)
# Cybele - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: q21 (1)
# Drench - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: (0)
# DrippingGoofball - Hurt by: Hoopla (1) Healed by: Cybelle (1)
# Giuseppe - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: (0)
# Hoopla - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: (0)
# Juls - Hurt by: Xylthixlm (1) Healed by: zwetschenwasser (1)
# Kinetic - Hurt by: roflcopter (1) Healed by: Hoopla (1)
# Nuwen - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: Albert B. Rampage (1)
# populartajo - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: Tenchi (1)
# q21 - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: populartajo (1)
# roflcopter - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: DrippingGoofball (1)
# Seraphim - Hurt by: roflcopter (1) Healed by: Shinnen_no_Me (1)
# Shinnen_no_Me - Hurt by: Albert B. Rampage (1) Healed by: Seraphim (1)
# Tenchi - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: (0)
# The Fonz - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: (0)
# vIQleS - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: (0)

# WaltWishbone - Hurt by: DrippingGoofball, Xylthixlm (2) Healed by: vIQleS (1)

# Xylthixlm - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: Juls,
Drench
(1)
# zwetschenwasser - Hurt by: (0) Healed by: (0)

WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

Xylthixlm wrote:
populartajo wrote:With 1 post, wouldnt hurt to hear more about him, dont you think?
If Walt is scum, we kill a scum.
If Walt is town, we kill someone who is slowing the game down.

Seems like win/win to me. And I think Walt has a pretty good chance of being scum.
This game started just over 37 hours ago; relax, I don't think it is possible to gauge who is lurking and who is not in a little over a day, let alone a few days. Are you telling me that you expect all of the players in this game to stop working, sleeping, and cancel all their plans in order to be considered an active participant in this game?

Xylthixlm wrote:
populartajo wrote:Xyl, just a hint, not everyone can post as much as you do. What is the case on Walt again?
Every word he's written has been scummy and noncommittal.
You twisted the content of my post in order to meet your adjenda. I asked someone to clarify a rule for me before I elaborated on my post, voted, or used my hurt/help. There was nothing scummy or noncommital in what I wrote.

Xylthixlm wrote:
Kinetic wrote:I'm thinking the pushers for attacks are right. Once we have decided on a "lynch" can we at least agree that it isn't a bad thing to heal the other players if there is a lot of harm going around?
Healing up people who aren't under active attack is a good idea. Healing up people who have a real wagon on them is counterproductive.

People arguing about voting systems, random hurting, etc, etc, need to keep in mind two indisputable facts:
1) In the end, the thing that will determine whether the town wins or loses is
the order in which people die
. Nothing more, nothing less. We need to make sure scum die before townies as much as possible.
2) The scum get more influence over who dies with every week that passes.

#2 means that, if they're smart, the scum will be trying to slow the game down. Keep an eye on who is acting to slow the game down, and who is acting to keep it moving. If we're willing to punish people for slowing the game, that will mean the scum will have to help keep the pace up, which will be good for the town.

Here's some math:
The scum get a kill roughly every 2 weeks (more if we bring people down to low HP and leave them there a lot, less if we kill several scum early).
The town gets as many lynches as we want.
There are probably at most 5 scum.
If scum get close to a majority, they can heal to prevent the town from killing in a reasonable time, and force a win using rage. Call that -2 mislynches.
So, depending on our lynch speed, our number of mislynches before we go lose goes down:
If we kill once a day, we get around 8 mislynches.
If we kill once every 2 days, we get around 7 mislynches.
If we kill once every 4 days, we get around 6 mislynches.
If we kill once every 7 days, we get around 5 mislynches.
If we kill once every 10 days, we get get around 4 mislynches.
If we kill once every 14 days, we get get around 3 mislynches.

So... how much deliberation before each kill do you think is worth losing a mislynch?
Gee, what a well thought out, in depth, articulate post. Although, what side of the argument are you tring to make; faster or slower? With all your mathematical calculations, you missed an important point. We do NOT know if scum have rage, how quick they get it, and how many points they may be able to inflict. If we take out 8 innocent Townies using your strategy, the scum may be able to sweep in with their rage points and end this game in a few weeks.

Furthermore; based on your post and subsequent strategy, scum can win this game without ever needing to use a rage point. We can eliminate all the other townies ourselves.

There are several other players who are trying to make the point that we need a quickened pace, however they are apporaching it in a far wiser way than both you and DGB. I ABSOLUTELY agree that we should try to keep a healthy pace, but never, ever at the expense of losing Townies.

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Nuwen wrote:
Cybele wrote:Also: I really do agree with the idea of fake-voting instead of hurting. New mechanics means we need to adapt.
Good catch, though not as much of a shining beacon of grovelling for mercy as WaltWishbone.
So, I guess that is a NO to fake voting? ;)

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Nuwen wrote:...approximately 16 hours ago. His lurking is inactive and indicative of absence, not willful withholding of content.
I don't even care that he may be lurking, the content of his single post is pretty damning. He's positioned himself to play the role of a poor innocent little rabbit.
Really, please enlighten me? Have ever heard the cliche, "you are damned if you do, damned if you don't"? ;)

Xylthixlm wrote:For those too lazy to find WaltWishbone's only post:
WaltWishbone wrote:So I am not sure I have a complete understanding of the way this game works, however I am comfortable making a few early observations. I do not feel confident enough yet to make a vote or hurt/heal anyone.

My initial thoughts from reading the first six pages are; Cybele, Hoopla, and Kinetics opening posts came across as very honest and containend an element of truth which would indicate they had no idea what kind of Rage, ect abilities scum may have. Although, I do understand a couple of points made against Kinetic, I would have a hard time voting for him at this point. I think ABR has put in lot of detail into his research and subsequent reasoning behind his post however I want to go back and reread the first 6 pages (as well as the previous game) before elaborating.

I am a bit torn between two different stratagies, I do however agree with going with a majority. I am not sure whether it would be best to hold onto my hurt/heal until the rest of the players have a chance to check in and and add their thoughts or if I should return the favor and heal vIQleS? (thanks by the way :))

One thing I am not clear about in the rules is how time works in this set-up? In otherwords, do we have 24 hours from Mr. Flay's post to hurt/heal someone 1 time? Tomorrow by 7am? Also if we dont use a hurt/heal does it carry over to the next 24 hour period?

I am gonna reread everything now and try to get a better handle on how this set-up works, thanks for any advice. :)
Translation: "I want to look like I'm contributing, but am unwilling to actually take a position on anything. I'm just going to sit here and let the town reach a decision and then I can pretend I supported it all along."
Thanks for taking the time to answer to my question by the way. ;) I mean, I really think this comes down to a difference in opinion on strategy. I prefer to be more careful and calculated before randomly eliminating players. I don't like going solo, I'd rather get a consensus from the town and understanding of a game before I make mistakes that will cause a mislynch and hurt the town.

Xylthixlm wrote:
Seraphim wrote:@Xyl

Juls and WaltWishbone are lurking, correct?

I also think it's important to sort out the lurkers from the scummy lurkers. Generally, scum lurkers will either say less or pretend that they're saying something when they're not.
WaltWishbone is a scummy lurker. Read his post.

Juls is OMGUSing rather than scumhunting.
As oppossed to what... a shining beacon of irresponsible town? ;)

Xylthixlm wrote:Actually

Call intent to hurt WaltWishbone

Die, lurkerscum.
After you. ;)

Although I am not sure if you and DGB are scum or just anti town. ;)

q21 wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote: One thing I am not clear about in the rules is how time works in this set-up? In otherwords, do we have 24 hours from Mr. Flay's post to hurt/heal someone 1 time? Tomorrow by 7am? Also if we dont use a hurt/heal does it carry over to the next 24 hour period?
From experience in the last game: You hurt/heal refreshes 24 hours after your last hurt/heal. Regardless of Flay's posts.
Thank you for the clarification. At his point I am going to return the favor and...

Heal: vIQleS

Hoopla wrote:
So, I'm not super familiar with what the most sensible play is when it comes to hurting and healing, but from what I've read of the previous versions of these games, it's possible scum accrue extra damage/powers over time. I think it's in our interest to play this game in a relatively quick fashion.
I agree with this, as a few other people have stated. I don't think we should consider townies sacrificial lambs though as Xylthixlm and DGB seems to be doing.

Kinetic wrote:The more I think about it, the more I feel the best scum strategy is a highly aggressive one. Especially if they can make it look townie to be aggressive.
populartajo wrote:I wouldnt call them obv town or obv scum. Kinetic is kinda right that is a valid strategy for scum to appear agressive.
In all scenarios they are blatantly antitown since they are giving scum (if they are not) the free pass of being aggressive and random hurting that WE KNOW its detrimental to town in the long game.
I agree with this, I think scum may be trying to point as many fingers as possible and in as many different directions to get us to elimante ourselves. As well as pushing the pace of the game to the point where we are not thinking and just reacting to wagons as they form. I think it's something to be approached carefully.

Tenchi wrote:More Notes/Comments from me

ROFLCOPTER: For the record I played with Rofl before too.
roflcopter wrote: speaking of organize, i'm organizing a brute squad, and inducting the following obviously town people into it immediately: abr, xyl, dgb, and tajo (if he'll accept). we should all agree on one person and put them down. over and over, until we've killed all the scum.
This is so creepy. The last time I saw people do this, it allowed scum in the council (even when they were in the minority) to manipulate the vote. Also, why should we trust your choices? I feel just placing one scum in that council of four can really sway things.

Also, this prevents us to see true accountability on Hurt and Heal actions. If we let Hurt and Heal actions to be as natural as possible then we will be able to dig through better intentions of each ad every person.

On another note, I totally agree with the fake voting system because it lets us express our disagreements and scum hunting without putting innocent people in jeopardy.
I agree with all of these points, although the one thing that concerns me is that it seems that we are not getting a consensus of people who wish to proceed with the fake vote... and I do think it will slow things down to a point were it could be detrimental if we can not come to an agreement quick.

@Rofl: I see your point for wanting to form a brute squad, but I can't see how you can confirm those people as town this early in the game. I think you may end up eliminating too many townies if you don't listen to other opinions.

populartajo wrote:Sorry for the fourth post but I think this is also important:
1. Town lost last time because town's HP were already low for random hurtings. I dont agree with random hurting but I also dont agree with long days (more rage points). We have to find a balance.
2. So I propose we do a mass healing of everyone to take them to one more point of their current HP before we start hurting. This could be beneficial someday.
3. We also could manage to have a fake votecount instead of having people hurting and/or healing. Like a normal game when someone is majority fake voted we could mass hurting him and "lynch" him.
This was a great post, I really like the idea of a fake vote count, but it seems to many people are resisting the idea and would rather go solo or form small groups. I'd be willing to vote if we put a deadline of like midnight tomorrow night for a majority if others agree?

Kinetic wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
FOS: Kinetic

You want to make the day as long as possible, which goes in direct contradiction to this rage point theory.
Yes, as long as possible, but not too long that it becomes horribly detrimental. I've yet to see a game where quick lynching has won the game, and I refuse to quick lynch for the sake of such. This doesn't mean I'm advocating waiting forever, but I'm not going to make hasty decisions either.

You also have to look at the other side of the coin. While the scum are saving points, they aren't using them, which makes them useless until actually used. It does mean that they can dump, and effectively night kill with such a dump, but these rules highly favor the town, not the scum.

By making sure we're not spreading damage we can make it so rage dumps are few and far between.
Hoopla wrote:
ABR: Thanks for your summary - you put together a case weightier than expected, but I think you're exaggerating what to me looks merely like a strategy disagreement.
I agree with Hoopla, the whole discussion between ABR and Kinetic, came across as a difference of opinions in strategy between two Townies. I don't think either look scummy at this point, just at odds.
Kinetic wrote:
q21 wrote:]
Kinetic wrote:

Quick days will only HELP the scum, so I intend to draw out their intentions and actions and refuse to let them cause chaos and push the town into hasty actions.

Wrong. Long days allow scum to accumulate rage points as has been pointed out. Quick days in terms of real life time help the town. Optimal town play requires long day is terms of posts but quick in terms of time.

Not wrong, by your own admission. I judge length more by the number of posts and less by the time it takes to get the posts.

Either way, I think its generally agreed upon at this time not to take too long, but also not to let rage points control us either.

qft, I don't intend to draw out long conclusions, but I am not going to be pushed into making hasty reactions.
Kinetic wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:

I don't see any need to subvert the hurt/heal mechanism. Just try to concentrate your fire on people who are already hurt, rather than wearing everyone down at once. That will make it harder for scum to suddenly kill townies using secret damage.

As several people have said, a fast-paced game helps the town even more than normal. Expect scum to try to slow it down by lurking.

Something about this post reeks.
Agreed, it stands out as bit contrived and with deliberate intent to quicken irresponsibility. Perhaps maybe more anti town than scummy, but there is something amiss that's worth investigating further.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

WaltWishbone wrote:I agree with Hoopla, the whole discussion between ABR and Kinetic, came across as a difference of opinions in strategy between two Townies. I don't think either look scummy at this point, just at odds.
This is the only opinion about towniness/scumminess in the above post that was not hedged.

Scummy and noncommittal indeed. DGB, you better not jump to someone else like the squirrel with ADD you are.

Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Nuwen »

WaltWishbone wrote: Although I am not sure if you and DGB are scum or just anti town. ;)
Then it's your responsibility to find out. If you have a suspicion, don't wait around for confirmation to fall into your lap. Passive, response-only town play is starchy and useless.

Post 336 doesn't contain a drop of unique analysis, and you've failed to act on any of your alleged suspicions. Pointing out anti-town behavior while doing nothing to resolve its intent is a vapid, appearance-oriented gesture. I count the phrase "I agree" four times. Do have any thoughts on this game that aren't pre-digested?
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by Cybele »

Mod:
I'm regretfully going to have to ask to be replaced. In about a week, I'm going to be V/LA for about 3 months, and this game is going to fast for me to keep up if I can't guarantee being on every day. I'm really sorry, especially since I enjoyed the last game so much. :(
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Nuwen wrote: Passive, response-only town play is starchy and useless.
This applies to you too, Zwet. This game is fast; thank you Cap'n Obvious. Do have anything else to say about it?

Yes, Xyl is pushing for lynches left and right. Are you going to do something about it?
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

Nuwen wrote:
WaltWishbone wrote: Although I am not sure if you and DGB are scum or just anti town. ;)
Then it's your responsibility to find out. If you have a suspicion, don't wait around for confirmation to fall into your lap. Passive, response-only town play is starchy and useless.

Post 336 doesn't contain a drop of unique analysis, and you've failed to act on any of your alleged suspicions. Pointing out anti-town behavior while doing nothing to resolve its intent is a vapid, appearance-oriented gesture. I count the phrase "I agree" four times. Do have any thoughts on this game that aren't pre-digested?
Well, the intent of the post is to illicit a response that will help with a confirmation one way or the other... I can't do much with his one line at this point and I am not going to OMGUS for the sake of argument. As far a critical analysis, the only facts I have is Xyl has tried to start several wagons so far and has propsed a strategy that is based on affording 8 mislynches. I absolutely disagree with this course of action. Furthermore, I think we should either drop the fake vote conversation or set a deadline for midnight tomorrow. I only see 6 to 10 players who have been extremely active, and considering teh game just started, I want to see what happens tonight and tomorrow before jumping on any wagons which would cause a mislynch.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Walt: Perhaps you don't understand the theory behind counting mislynches. It's quite common as a way of gauging just how much trouble the town is in.

We start with ~8 mislynches.
Lynch a townie: -1 mislynch.
Lynch a scum: +1 mislynch.
Scum get a kill: -1 mislynch.
When the number of mislynches remaining goes to 0, town loses.

Obviously, we want to lynch correctly, so our mislynch buffer goes up. But it's important to know how many mislynches are left because it tells us
how badly we could possibly do at scumhunting and still not lose
. In this case, the slower we go, the more kills scum get, the less buffer have, and the better we will need to be at scumhunting to compensate.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Correction: When the number of mislynches remaining goes
below
0, town loses.

WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by WaltWishbone »

Xylthixlm wrote:Walt: Perhaps you don't understand the theory behind counting mislynches. It's quite common as a way of gauging just how much trouble the town is in.

We start with ~8 mislynches.
Lynch a townie: -1 mislynch.
Lynch a scum: +1 mislynch.
Scum get a kill: -1 mislynch.
When the number of mislynches remaining goes to 0, town loses.

Obviously, we want to lynch correctly, so our mislynch buffer goes up. But it's important to know how many mislynches are left because it tells us
how badly we could possibly do at scumhunting and still not lose
. In this case, the slower we go, the more kills scum get, the less buffer have, and the better we will need to be at scumhunting to compensate.
No I understand it fine, I just disagree with your strategy because it is based on several assumptions as to the set-up of the game and is contingent on not having all mislynches. The other thing you are not taking into consideration are our power roles; I think to treat a Seraphim the same as Cherub (which you have done in your math) is another mistake. I don't like the idea of following your lead whatsoever and prefer a vote, and I think if we can come to an agreement and get everyone behind a deadline for tomorrow night and every other night after that, we will accomplish the goal of moving quick enough to control any rage or other special abilities the scum have, but at the same time we will not be moving to hasty and causing mislynches.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

WaltWishbone wrote:your strategy ... is contingent on not having all mislynches.
Well,
duh

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:20 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I fear we will not learn much more about any of the possibilities of the scum's powers until we kill someone. I think we've had plenty of discussion in the last few days...

At this point I'd most like to kill either Shinnen or Viq... Something about the two of them makes me distrust them most.

Rofl irks me immensely. I've looked through his past games to see about his style and how it differs here and there. I've learned a little, and I thought he might be an alt (one of his games specifically named him such) and I'd like to know what his main account is. Feels a lot like he's playing out of his normal style because this is an alt, and that irks me even more. I'd like to kill him, but I'm not convinced he's scum yet, only that he is playing like this for reactions...

Xyl I am less sure about. I get a scummier feeling coming from him lately, but again I'm not sure if that is just because I don't like his playstyle or if there is something behind it. I think I could get behind his death if the consensus is there, but I am definitely not for championing that cause at this time.

Wishbone is more in a neutral area for me. He's coast a little bit too much for my liking... but that is how it is.

DGB is being DGB. She's been scum in like the last three games I've played with her. I'd appreciate it if someone with some eyes kept them on her.

ABR has been giving me nothing but townie vibes. I've played with him, a long time ago now, and his play style has certainly changed since then. Despite that, and despite him virtually leading the charge against me, I don't suspect him very much at this time. I'm more suspicious of some of the players coming to join him, such as Hoopla and Cybele in particular.

Nuwen has her share of good and bad posts, but again I haven't felt very many scummy vibes.

Pop is intriguing... On the one hand he's taking a forward place in many of the discussions, on the other hand he seems to be only doing that. He's made his little vote counts, commented on a few things, but nothing is really stick out to me... I could see pop going either way at this point.

I liked the Fonz's opening post, and sort of like his plan, although he has only a few posts to his credit so far.

Who is left...

Drench, Juls, q21, zwet, Tenchi

Actively lurking much? Not liking it. I'd appreciate a little more activity.

Giuseppe

VLA since confirmation, no game posts yet, ewe. Although when he returns is odd considering the previous game with the Sunday night rage points...

Seraphim

I seem to remember very little from Seraphim's posts. Odd, I remember him talking about Xyl because he was scum with in in MS3.

A few more posts have been made since then, can you care to elaborate a little further on your feelings of Xyl?

Xyl, can you give me some insight into Seraphim's playstyle?
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:20 am

Post by Juls »

Kinetic wrote:Drench, Juls, q21, zwet, Tenchi

Actively lurking much? Not liking it. I'd appreciate a little more activity.
I have been participating. I have 8 posts in the two days that the thread has been open and one of those days I was at work for the large part of the day. I am pushing for an Xyl kill because he is all over the place and encouraging multiple people to be hurt. This sets up the opportunity for scum to kill off 3-4 players at one time. I am not posting books at this point because the flow of the game allows for shorter posts...its a quick game. So, please before you start calling people lurkers RTFT.
-------------------------------------
Juls
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:37 am

Exactly. Also, instead of providing a GOOD explanation for his actions, Xyl is giving us numbers that ALL OF US ALREADY KNOW.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:45 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Xylthixlm wrote:Scummy and noncommittal indeed. DGB, you better not jump to someone else like the squirrel with ADD you are.
Focus, focus, focus.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”