Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Stephoscope raises a good point on Lordzoner.

I suppose my biggest concern is the fact that he unvotes DDD to make him feel more "comfortable" about things.

I will note however, that Wall-E immediately jumped on Lordzoner after Steph raised his point.
ryan2754
ryan2754
Goon
ryan2754
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:59 am

Post by ryan2754 »

Yeah, Lordzoner, I really am intrigued by your unvote. Doesn't really make much sense.

This being said, I'm keeping my vote on Wall-E. Extreme opportunism on his part.
Show
Town: 3-4*
Scum: 2-1
SK: 0-1
Unlynched.
"Noone can deny that the Ryan, from now on known as "Bullseye", accomplished an amazing feat. Nightkilling 2 mafia roles on the first 2 nights. He deserves to win." - Alexhans, Mini 829, Town Loss
AshKetchummm
AshKetchummm
Townie
AshKetchummm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:08 am

Post by AshKetchummm »

Well my opinion is that the whole spiel between Zach and Wall-E was just pointless bickering trying to get one another to say something scummy. I would look more at the people who jumped on the wagon against Wall-E in its latter stages.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Gateway »

While I considered Lordzoner as scummy. It could be timing, maybe he was just online when the game started and not later, I am definitely suspicious... Wall-E's quickness to jump on that bandwagon though gives me pause and makes my vote stay on Wall-E for now.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:53 am

Post by X »

Vote Count

Wall-E
: (4) alexhans, Gateway, ryan2754, Zachrulez
lordzoner
: (3) Amished, Conspicuous_other, Wall-E
alexhans
: (1) AshKetchummm

Not Voting
: (4) Debonair Danny DiPietro, lordzoner, Pitstop, Stephoscope

Vote Threshold
: 7

Happiness with Posting Level
:
Neutral
lordzoner
lordzoner
Townie
lordzoner
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:25 am

Post by lordzoner »

Stephoscope wrote: lordzoner: you were one of the first to post in this thread when it opened, yet we've heard nothing from you since. Can you tell us a bit about your usual schedule, and how often you think you'll post?
Steph, sorry for not addressing your question until now. I have school during the day, and this site is blocked, so I can't read or post until after. Otherwise, this has been an unusual week for me. I couldn't post on St. Patty's Day because I was at a hockey game, and I didn't have time to reply to your question yesterday because I was only home for a few minutes and on my way to a music performance. Generally, my schedule's much freer than this, so I should be here more often.
While I considered Lordzoner as scummy. It could be timing, maybe he was just online when the game started and not later, I am definitely suspicious... Wall-E's quickness to jump on that bandwagon though gives me pause and makes my vote stay on Wall-E for now.
Thank you, Gateway, for making the correct suggestion that my lack of posting timing/schedule-related. You and the others bring up a good point about Wall-E. While I was suspicious of him since his argument with Zach, his readiness to jump this new bandwagon is indeed very suspicious. That said, I think I'll
Vote: Wall-E
lordzoner
lordzoner
Townie
lordzoner
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:31 am

Post by lordzoner »

Gah! Stupid backslash.

X, could you fix my tags in my last post?

X:
Fixed.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Gateway »

Thanks a lot for making time to explain Lordzoner, sorry to bring you up but I have to be suspicious ;).

The votes are getting up there so before my vote brings someone down I will reiterate my reason.

My first vote for the 'Mish man was just a joking first page vote. My votes for Wall-E stem from an early attack on what was obviously a first page post with no seriousness and then a constant lashing out at anyone that can direct the limelight from Wall.

If you would like to directly address my concerns in a believable fashion I will be happy to change my vote before it hangs you Wall-E.
Conspicuous_other
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Conspicuous_other
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Conspicuous_other »

Unvote

Forgot about my random.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:24 am

Post by alexhans »

maybe wall-e jumped because he is scared of getting lynched himself...
unvote

I don't want a lynch just yet... there are not enough reasons for me...
I'm back...
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Stephoscope »

lordzoner and Gateway: you guys both joined super recently, how much mafia experience do you have?
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
lordzoner
lordzoner
Townie
lordzoner
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:07 am

Post by lordzoner »

Stephoscope wrote:lordzoner and Gateway: you guys both joined super recently, how much mafia experience do you have?
Plenty. I play with my friends in real life whenever we can find enough players.
Gateway
Gateway
Goon
Gateway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Gateway »

Plenty, I played weekly on my mud forum and here once years ago.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Wall-E »

plenty

i play this game every day and i'm always in at least three mafiascum.net games

i've been playing mafia for years in real life, and starting quite recently - last year, in fact - i've started playing with daily regularity here

you might say that i'm the longest-running mafia newbie ever, because i still suck horribly despite having dozens of e-games under my belt and probably a hundred irl-games to boot!

one thing i'm learning about these games is to be self-sacrificially relentless in pursuit of lies or appeals to pathos or ethos - though it means i die often!

i'm also a huge hypocrite - fair warning
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
lordzoner
lordzoner
Townie
lordzoner
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by lordzoner »

That's funny, Wall-E, I didn't think he was asking you...
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

lordzoner wrote:That's funny, Wall-E, I didn't think he was asking you...
I wasn't...and the irony is that I was actually trying to initiate a conversation that WASN'T about Wall-E :)
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by alexhans »

Wall-E wrote:plenty

i've been playing mafia for years in real life, and starting quite recently - last year, in fact - i've started playing with daily regularity here

you might say that i'm the longest-running mafia newbie ever, because i still suck horribly
despite having dozens of e-games under my belt and probably a hundred irl-games to boot!

one thing i'm learning about these games is to be self-sacrificially relentless in pursuit of lies or appeals to pathos or ethos - though it means i die often!
Oh my GOD!
FoS Wall-E
for pulling the newbie card so clearly that it is disgusting!
Wall-E wrote: i'm also a huge hypocrite - fair warning
What's this??? :shock:
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Wall-E, are you "roleplaying" in this game and/or others? Your posts and play strike me as kind of bizarre and stream-of-consciousness...you've made yourself the easy vote for Day 1, but I'm not convinced that's the best one here.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

alexhans wrote:
Wall-E wrote:plenty

you might say that i'm the longest-running mafia newbie ever, because i still suck horribly
despite having dozens of e-games under my belt and probably a hundred irl-games to boot!

Oh my GOD!
FoS Wall-E
for pulling the newbie card so clearly that it is disgusting!
Wall-E wrote: i'm also a huge hypocrite - fair warning
What's this??? :shock:
:shock:

You realize you unvoted him not even 10 posts ago right?!
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Zachrulez wrote: :shock:

Honestly, I don't see any problem here. alexhans' vote on Wall-E was a silly random one from the beginning of the game. Wall-E has some votes against him now. I think random voters have a responsibility to get their votes off of him...should Wall-E be lynched, it should be by people who really want that.

But I can't blame alexhans for throwing up an FoS. Wall-E answered a question that wasn't asked of him, with information that wasn't asked of him.

Scummy? Debatable. Bizarre? I say yes.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:46 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Stephoscope wrote:
Zachrulez wrote: :shock:

Honestly, I don't see any problem here. alexhans' vote on Wall-E was a silly random one from the beginning of the game. Wall-E has some votes against him now. I think random voters have a responsibility to get their votes off of him...should Wall-E be lynched, it should be by people who really want that.

But I can't blame alexhans for throwing up an FoS. Wall-E answered a question that wasn't asked of him, with information that wasn't asked of him.

Scummy? Debatable. Bizarre? I say yes.
To be fair, I don't have a problem with the fact that Wall-E answered the question, even though it wasn't for him.

Some of the answers he gave, are another matter however.

I also notice a tendency for newer players to panic when someone gets to lynch -2. My whole feeling on lynch -2 is meh. If you don't want someone lynched, it IS appropriate for you to immediately pull your vote off at lynch -1.

Players town and scum alike do this though so it's a null tell.

Keep in mind that should someone actually quick hammer, they are likely to have to answer a lot of questions the next day.

Anyway,. I was more interested in how Alexhans reacted to my scrutiny of his play.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:31 am

Post by alexhans »

Zachrulez wrote: Anyway,. I was more interested in how Alexhans reacted to my scrutiny of his play.
I really don't care... :? Wall-e was my random vote... And I kept it there for the pressure it could make on him... but later decided to remove it because i don't wan't to see a lynch yet when there are so many players I haven't seen yet.
Rushing to lynch in day 1 is one of the biggest mistakes in mafia. Well, in any day...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:35 am

Post by Zachrulez »

alexhans wrote:
Zachrulez wrote: Anyway,. I was more interested in how Alexhans reacted to my scrutiny of his play.
I really don't care... :? Wall-e was my random vote... And I kept it there for the pressure it could make on him... but later decided to remove it because i don't wan't to see a lynch yet when there are so many players I haven't seen yet.
Rushing to lynch in day 1 is one of the biggest mistakes in mafia. Well, in any day...
Do you think it's likely that 2 townies would rush to vote Wall-E? I think we're smarter than that.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Amished »

Who says you're both townies? There are tons of stupid people out there so I definitely try to be rather conservative in who I trust to be "smart". A saying I heard relatively recently sums it up pretty well. "Think of somebody of average intelligence. Now realize that half of the world is dumber than that."

Unvote
(from RVS yet)

Zach, regardless of Wall-E's ... interesting... posts, I also find your dismissal of putting somebody at L-2 whenever is odd. Especially if we don't know what the setup is. I don't try to out-guess the mod, I just think about the worst case scenario. We could have somebody that get's 2 votes, or somebody that needs less votes for a lynch due to their own role, or cause of somebody else's vote on them. L-2 in an unknown setup is rather serious in my opinion and shouldn't be disregarded like that.

Sorry I haven't been around, even now I'm hijacking my brother-in-law's computer, so expect me to be more active on a very regular basis around Sunday afternoon a bit.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Amished wrote:Who says you're both townies? There are tons of stupid people out there so I definitely try to be rather conservative in who I trust to be "smart". A saying I heard relatively recently sums it up pretty well. "Think of somebody of average intelligence. Now realize that half of the world is dumber than that."
Where'd I say we were both townies?
Amished wrote:
Unvote
(from RVS yet)

Zach, regardless of Wall-E's ... interesting... posts, I also find your dismissal of putting somebody at L-2 whenever is odd. Especially if we don't know what the setup is. I don't try to out-guess the mod, I just think about the worst case scenario. We could have somebody that get's 2 votes, or somebody that needs less votes for a lynch due to their own role, or cause of somebody else's vote on them. L-2 in an unknown setup is rather serious in my opinion and shouldn't be disregarded like that.

Sorry I haven't been around, even now I'm hijacking my brother-in-law's computer, so expect me to be more active on a very regular basis around Sunday afternoon a bit.
Your whole point about out-guessing the mod is all well and good... except that you proceeded to go and try to out-guess the mod. Double voters and hated townies are not roles I would expect to see in a normal mafia game. (Which is exactly what we are in.) Those kind of roles may very well be possible in a theme game setting, but that is not the kind of game we signed up for.

When you consider that, I'm not really sure what you're so concerned about.

Were you uncomfortable with Wall-E being at lynch -2?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”