Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:08 am

Post by afatchic »

Plum wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Mod: prod afatchic.
Plum wrote:
Afatchic is noted V/LA.
He said his V/LA would run from Monday through Friday (today) of this week. Hence I'm not prodding him at this point.
Sorry im reading now. Apparently when a cruise says the dates are 9-13th, it means you don't get back until the morning of the 14th :). So i just got home an ill be catching up soon.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Juls »

tajo 199 wrote:Juls, did you check his play as town too?
I did not read his games as town but I did notice more often than when he is scum that he stayed in the game much longer. As scum he gets early attention. He even gets it when he replaces in almost immediately.
tajo 199 wrote:From my perspective I think afatchic is prob town playing poorly. Why from your perspective he cant be doing that, or at least have a neutral behaviour in this game?
Can afatchic be town playing poorly? Sure...but of the people in this game I think he is the most scummy. Why can't
you
open your eyes up to that instead of having me bend to your will? I put forth a lot of effort to try to show you where I am coming from and all I see from you is excuses for him. And being that I think you are the other scum, why would I trust your instincts on afatchic?
tajo 199 wrote:Why are YOU so sure he is scum? Ive given you reasons to make you rethink afatchic behavior and that Ive seen a bazillion of townies playing poorly being lynched D1 all the time. Have you?. The thing that really bugs me is WHY are you so blind to that possibility?
I have given you several reasons why I think afatchic is scum and I am not going to keep rehashing them. Nothing has changed on my opinion of him in the past week because he has been gone. I don't know why you want to continue to have the same conversation. I think he is scum; you think he is town playing poorly. Why are
you
so blind to the possibility he is scum?
tajo 199 wrote:What are your current thought of Crazy?
Crazy is my wildcard. I see a couple of things from him I don't like. For instance, I thought his argument on Artem was reaching. When he was trying to say Artem was scum because he thought you were godfather even though he put his suspicions on afatchic. It felt like he was just looking for a weak excuse to latch onto. Another thing was when he unvoted after defending his vote on you. It seemed like he kinda caved when he was getting attention for it. I can, however, rationalize town doing those two things. If we lynch you are afatchic and you flip town then he would definately seem like the next best option.
tajo 199 wrote:Why do you think I am scum with afatchic? Just becuase Im defending him or there is anything else?
A large part of it is you defending him but it also comes from him defending you as well. He called you pro-town real early and it just felt weird. I still don't see how he thought you were scum-hunting more than anyone else. So I see some connections from each of you independently. Also, you are completely dismissing my points so I don't really get good feelings about you on that point. It doesn't feel like you are trying to work with me, it feels like you are trying to work against me despite every effort I am making to work with you.
tajo 199 wrote:Why do you think Artem is town?
1. He is legitimately scum-hunting.
2. I haven't seen anything out of him to set off any alarms.
3. We share some of the same opinions about people in this game

So now a question for you...is the only reason you think I am scum is because we disagree on afatchic?
-------------------------------------
Juls
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by populartajo »

Juls wrote:I did not read his games as town but I did notice more often than when he is scum that he stayed in the game much longer. As scum he gets early attention. He even gets it when he replaces in almost immediately.
Can you read any game he plays as town, specially the ones I played with him?
Juls wrote:Can afatchic be town playing poorly? Sure...but of the people in this game I think he is the most scummy. Why can't you open your eyes up to that instead of having me bend to your will?
I am considering that possibility. I just dont find it more probable than he playing poorly. Im explaining you why.
Juls wrote:I put forth a lot of effort to try to show you where I am coming from and all I see from you is excuses for him. And being that I think you are the other scum, why would I trust your instincts on afatchic?
I appreciate your effort but you dont have a case other than null-tells and things
you
consider scummy but that in my experience arent exact indicatives od scum. Have you ever been in a wagon of a townie playing poorly before?
Juls wrote:Why are you so blind to the possibility he is scum?
I am not blind. I have already explained why I think he is more probable town than scum. You are ignoring my points.
Juls wrote:If we lynch you are afatchic and you flip town then he would definately seem like the next best option.
The game would be over, genius.
Juls wrote:A large part of it is you defending him but it also comes from him defending you as well. He called you pro-town real early and it just felt weird. I still don't see how he thought you were scum-hunting more than anyone else.
Could be the questions I made at the beginning, couldnt be?
Juls wrote:Also, you are completely dismissing my points so I don't really get good feelings about you on that point.
Like you are doing?
Juls wrote:It doesn't feel like you are trying to work with me, it feels like you are trying to work against me despite every effort I am making to work with you.
So, Im trying to prevent a potential mislynch and Im the one not working with you in lynching the obvscum you "catched"?
Juls wrote:So now a question for you...is the only reason you think I am scum is because we disagree on afatchic?
Listen, Juls, I think you are scum for a simple reason.

We are trying to lynch scum here. If we dont lynch scum we are closer to losing the game. The possibility of someone being townie playing poorly should primate in your reasoning more than the probability of he being scum.

I know that the game wouldnt end if we never lynched someone but I am giving reasons to reconsider your position about her and you are just ignoring them. I have no idea why.

The fact that you think Im scum because I AM considering that possibility is just confirming my theory. You know how I play as town. You know that I have done this before. I love how you ignored my question about Cybele.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Juls »

I'll address the rest when I have a little more time but just a quick question...why is afatchic "town playing poorly" and I am "scum". If you disagree whole heartedly with my arguments why am I not "town playing poorly"?
Juls
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by populartajo »

Juls wrote:I'll address the rest when I have a little more time but just a quick question...why is afatchic "town playing poorly" and I am "scum". If you disagree whole heartedly with my arguments why am I not "town playing poorly"?
Do you think you are playing poorly?
Call me Tajo.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Juls »

No I don't but clearly you think I am. So why is my play more scum than town?
Juls
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by populartajo »

Clearly I think you are town playing poorly? Where did you get that?
Of course you are not playing poorly. Everybody in this game realizes that. You are telling me to compare apples with oranges.
Tajo wrote:We are trying to lynch scum here. If we dont lynch scum we are closer to losing the game. The possibility of someone being townie playing poorly should primate in your reasoning more than the probability of he being scum.

I know that the game wouldnt end if we never lynched someone but I am giving reasons to reconsider your position about her and you are just ignoring them. I have no idea why.

The fact that you think Im scum because I AM considering that possibility is just confirming my theory. You know how I play as town. You know that I have done this before. I love how you ignored my question about Cybele.
Do you disagree with this?
Call me Tajo.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Crazy »

Hi, I was just out of town for the past 2 days and just got back now; I forgot to indicate V/LA. I'll check on all my stuff tomorrow.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Juls »

populartajo wrote:Clearly I think you are town playing poorly? Where did you get that?
Of course you are not playing poorly. Everybody in this game realizes that. You are telling me to compare apples with oranges.
Tajo wrote:We are trying to lynch scum here. If we dont lynch scum we are closer to losing the game. The possibility of someone being townie playing poorly should primate in your reasoning more than the probability of he being scum.

Do you disagree with this?
First, I have not forgetten about your big post with lots of questions. I will answer that soon but I am really not in the mood for writing a big long response right now so I am just going to quickly address this.

You are twisting my words. I didn't say that you thought I was town playing poorly, I said that you think I am playing poorly. More specifically, you think I am scum playing poorly. So, my question is...why do you think it is more likely that I am scum playing poorly than town playing poorly.

And on your question if I disagree with that comment. Not entirely, but partially. Your comment suggests that we should be looking for townies and not scum-hunting. I charge that we should be doing both. I know I am town. I feel very strongly Artem is town and then there are you, Crazy, and afatchic. Afatchic seems the most scummy. You are defending her with all your might (which now is making me think maybe she IS the godfather and you are trying your best not to get an insta-loss). So what is wrong with town-hunting AND scum-hunting concurrently? And I am not ignoring your question about Cybele btw but that game lasted like 1.5 hours and for the most of it I was trying to figure it out so in order to see what you are talking about I am going to have to reread. Add that to my todo list. And just so there is no question of my sincerity in my promises (to respond to your question-filled post and go back and read the war in heaven game) I will unvote until I have finished those two things.

Unvote
Juls
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by populartajo »

Juls wrote:More specifically, you think I am scum playing poorly. So, my question is...why do you think it is more likely that I am scum playing poorly than town playing poorly.
Where are you getting this ideas from? I DONT think you are playing poorly. Playing poorly would generate a lynch regardless of alignment, example: afatchic suspected by 3 people. You are not playing poorly.
Juls wrote:Your comment suggests that we should be looking for townies and not scum-hunting.
But I AM scumhunting too. I usually play that way and you and Crazy have an idea how I play as town. If I think someone is town (even worse, if I peg him as town playing poorly) then its very probable that there is scum in the attacks. Doesnt this make sense to you?
Juls wrote: You are defending her with all your might (which now is making me think maybe she IS the godfather and you are trying your best not to get an insta-loss).
You see? This is my problem with you. There is not the possibility of me town preventing a potential mislynch of someone I think its town?
Juls wrote: So what is wrong with town-hunting AND scum-hunting concurrently?
Nothing. Why do you think I am not scumhunting? Just because we disagree?
Juls wrote:And I am not ignoring your question about Cybele btw but that game lasted like 1.5 hours and for the most of it I was trying to figure it out so in order to see what you are talking about I am going to have to reread. Add that to my todo list. And just so there is no question of my sincerity in my promises (to respond to your question-filled post and go back and read the war in heaven game) I will unvote until I have finished those two things.
Waiting for that.
Call me Tajo.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:55 am

Post by Artem »

I'm V/LA this week. I'll try to catch up on the game tonight.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Crazy »

Tajo wrote:I suspect everyone that jumped against afatchic. I assume one scum was aggressive (Juls) and the other is trying to be subtle. Thats why its hard to decide between you and Crazy. There is some subtle defending of Juls in some posts. Im not too sure about that arguments that have been far-reaching. Could you point me to them?
I'm subtle? I'm actually more assertive here than I am in most of my games. I don't think Artem is really subtle either.
Artem wrote:I still think Crazy is trying to appear townie like he would in a non-vengeful game.
Umm, yeah. Trying to appear like scum usually doesn't help you regardless of alignment. (And yes, finding scum is a higher priority, of course, but who says you can't do both?
afatchic wrote:What happened to afatchic?
He's there... I see both him/you and him/Artem as likely scumpairs. Him/Juls is not, for obvious reasons. Just because I think Artem/Juls make a really likely scumpair doesn't make them my top suspects (Juls in particular, since tbh it's hard to see her as scum with anybody
but
Artem.)
Juls wrote:Can afatchic be town playing poorly? Sure...but of the people in this game I think he is the most scummy. Why can't you open your eyes up to that instead of having me bend to your will? I put forth a lot of effort to try to show you where I am coming from and all I see from you is excuses for him. And being that I think you are the other scum, why would I trust your instincts on afatchic?
I see your case on afatchic. But why the vote on Tajo? That's what's not making sense to me.

Oh, and an Artem/Juls scumpair is actually looking less likely now than it was before. The association between them is very high (both suspect Tajo and either me/afatchic as the other person, right?), but if I remember correctly, neither of them really have the
scum
-tells that set them off. (Townies often show links between each other.

Really, this just occurred to me because of Artem's early post here; and the rest just kind of followed in when I realized that both of them seem to think the other is town.
Artem wrote:Because there was nothing particularly scummy about his response, and because you and Tajo became more interesting with your "It's worthy to note...". It's almost like you're hinting at something I've done being suspicious, without explicitly stating that it is. The fact that you haven't said why something is interesting or noteworthy worries me.

It also bugs me that Slicey doesn't post. In my experience, lurkers tend be the godfather.

Unvote; Vote: Silcey to get him participating.
You'll see I commented on this as soon as he posted it. What bothers me is that Artem thinks a vote is going to be more effective than a prod. When Slicey was replaced, he unvoted. Well,
why not just ask for a prod?
Did you really think that Slicey was purposely lurking
that
much?

It just looked like a pathetic distancing attempt to me... but well, I could be wrong. *shrug*

I should reread the thread more... :P
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Plum »

A friend, keeping an eye on this game, is not impressed by my flavor, so sorry if my flavor text is blah. That is all.

Vote Count 07

afatchic - 0 - (none)
Artem - 0 - (none)
Crazy - 1 - (afatchic)
populartajo - 1 - (Artem)
Juls - 1 - (populartajo)

Not Voting - 2 - Crazy, Juls

With five players alive, it'll take three players to bury someone in woodchips.

:twisted:
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Artem »

Tajo wrote: Where are you getting this ideas from? I DONT think you are playing poorly. Playing poorly would generate a lynch regardless of alignment, example: afatchic suspected by 3 people. You are not playing poorly.
This is giving me a funny feeling because it's coming from a guy who is unsure how to read me or Crazy because we are experienced (and therefore don't play poorly). Yet, here you are saying that Juls is not playing poorly, but you definitely feel like you've nailed scum.

Tajo, would you mind giving a detailed description of what you think of me and Crazy? Thus far, you've only been giving two-sentence blurbs about anybody who is not Juls or afatchic.
Tajo wrote: But I AM scumhunting too. I usually play that way and you and Crazy have an idea how I play as town. If I think someone is town (even worse, if I peg him as town playing poorly) then its very probable that there is scum in the attacks. Doesnt this make sense to you?
Really? You think there's scum among the
other
three players in the game that are suspecting afatchic? No offense but "No !@#$". (from a townie point of view)

I still don't understand why you think Juls's attacks have less merit than mine or Crazy's. You'll notice that the other two players suspecting afatchic (me and Crazy) think her case is fine.
Crazy wrote: Umm, yeah. Trying to appear like scum usually doesn't help you regardless of alignment. (And yes, finding scum is a higher priority, of course, but who says you can't do both?
If one is trying to appear townie, I'd say that they go about it a certain way in a normal game, and a different way in a vengeful game.

And Juls is right, finding town is just as important as finding scum. You want a good read on everybody, so you don't accidentally viggie another townie if you are lynched.

@Crazy: I'm having a hard time understanding your distancing/strong connection argument.

Also, Crazy, if you were to be lynched right this second, who would you viggie?
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:50 am

Post by populartajo »

Artem wrote:This is giving me a funny feeling because it's coming from a guy who is unsure how to read me or Crazy because we are experienced (and therefore don't play poorly). Yet, here you are saying that Juls is not playing poorly, but you definitely feel like you've nailed scum.
Juls definitely have less experience than you both. If I am right about her he made the typical scum mistake of going against the easy target,
all-attack mode
. Ive catched scum since 1911 with this theory. This mistake is totally exclusive that the way she is playing and giving arguments. For example, looking for afatchic's games as scum is not indicative of playing poorly.
Artem wrote:Tajo, would you mind giving a detailed description of what you think of me and Crazy? Thus far, you've only been giving two-sentence blurbs about anybody who is not Juls or afatchic.
Seriously I still think that you are hard to read. I wouldnt call you obv town neither obv scum. This is the first time I play with you, Artem, and I feel you would be terrible as scum but also helpful as town, so Im really pondering now which is the most probable. You had a townie response when you were the only one that considered afatchic playing poorly, but you are really looking to every thing I say and tunneling it into scum actions which is no town-thinking, IMO. I still cant understand why you think Juls is town with a weak indicator. I at least would put her as neutral.

About Crazy. I have played games with him and I know I should be careful with him if scum. As town he is helpful but until now I cant feel that I could call him obv town or slightly town. His attacks to afatchic didnt help and Im willing to hear more from him.
Artem wrote:Really? You think there's scum among the other three players in the game that are suspecting afatchic? No offense but "No !@#$". (from a townie point of view)
Whats wrong with that theory?
Artem wrote: still don't understand why you think Juls's attacks have less merit than mine or Crazy's. You'll notice that the other two players suspecting afatchic (me and Crazy) think her case is fine.
Juls exaggerated her case. You didnt. Period. You are ignoring my reasons, why?
Do you still think Juls is town? Even now when she supports afatchic-tajo theory?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:57 am

Post by populartajo »

Just for you all know here are the current possibilities I have in mind. We are starting with the premise that I know Im town and that there are big probs that afatchic is town, too.

1. Juls is scum. Still deciding weather Crazy or Artem is the other pair. Im leaning to this prob right now.

2. Juls isnt scum, just hyper agressive townie. Crazy and Artem are using her as a way to get afatchic lynched. Afatchic vigs Juls. GG. Remote possibility but still possible.

Can you ALL show your current possibilities?
Call me Tajo.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Juls »

I've started doing a reread of this game but I have been sick and have only been playing in spurts so I will post more when I feel better. I am @ around post 120. I just want to lay my case out as clear as possible because its frustrating that I am being accused of being scummy because I am scum-hunting. That only leads me to believe that I am not communicating very well. So I will get something up soonish.
Juls
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Crazy »

Artem wrote: @Crazy: I'm having a hard time understanding your distancing/strong connection argument.

Also, Crazy, if you were to be lynched right this second, who would you viggie?
Your vote on Slicey was crap. Why didn't you just ask for a prod?

The other thing is, both you and Juls seem to have each other pegged as town... which is something I just can't understand.

As for who I would vig, the person who quicklynched me obv. But seriously, I don't know at this point... though I'd probably be leaning on you, because you're the only person I can really see as scum with
anybody
else.
Tajo wrote: About Crazy. I have played games with him and I know I should be careful with him if scum. As town he is helpful but until now I cant feel that I could call him obv town or slightly town. His attacks to afatchic didnt help and Im willing to hear more from him.
Oh, Tajo, my scum-meta is absolutely horrible. I've only won as scum twice, and neither of those I came even close to deserving. (But thanks anyway, though I'm not sure when you ever saw me as scum.)
Tajo wrote:Just for you all know here are the current possibilities I have in mind. We are starting with the premise that I know Im town and that there are big probs that afatchic is town, too.

1. Juls is scum. Still deciding weather Crazy or Artem is the other pair. Im leaning to this prob right now.

2. Juls isnt scum, just hyper agressive townie. Crazy and Artem are using her as a way to get afatchic lynched. Afatchic vigs Juls. GG. Remote possibility but still possible.

Can you ALL show your current possibilities?
You're
that
sure that afatchic is town?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by populartajo »

There are some minor things that make me think about he being town but...
afatchic wrote:Okay so lets all pretend i get hammered, and i'm a vig. who would you want me to vig?
This.
Knowing afatchic, I
really really
cant see afatchicscum doing this.
Call me Tajo.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Crazy »

Yeah, I didn't see that as anything remarkable. What makes you think that has to come from town?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:59 am

Post by populartajo »

Crazy wrote:Yeah, I didn't see that as anything remarkable. What makes you think that has to come from town?
Why would scum ask us something like that?
It only makes sense from a townie point of view wanting to increase the odds for his team or from a
really
calculating scum that could predict my reaction to it. Knowing afatchic, you already know what possibility Im discarding.
Call me Tajo.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Juls »

@pop: can you tell me which was the game that you played with afatchic? I am going to read that one where he played as town but he has too many to read them all...
Juls
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:34 am

Post by populartajo »

Call me Tajo.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Juls »

Just wanted to let you know there is a post forthcoming. I have a page full of notes that I need to put into readable format...I will try to get something up before I go to bed.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Juls »

EBWOP
Mod: Can we get a prod on afatchic.
He hasn't posted since saturday and he is kinda 1/5 of this game so his input is necessary.
Juls

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”