SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

EBWOP: Two solid sets of connections. There are other minor/split ones. This doesn't include the inevitable namedrop that'll come after the flip.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Does your guy have a beard?

Oh wait. Urm. I actually don't see any strong ties. Of
possibles
there's one amongst the non-voters that stands out to me. There is one amongst the voting. The one not voting seems like a more votable votee than the voter.

Follow?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Strong is a misnomer I suppose... noticeable works better, I guess.

Oddly enough, of the two I see one is voting and one is not. I'd be more apt to vote the one not voting as it sits too....

(This is going to be AWESOME when we're talking about totally different people).
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Lie due to being stupid: BOTH of the players I am thinking of currently are voting.
Show

Proud member of BaM
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by CF Riot »

O RLY? I think one of our suspects is mutual, and I think that one is sort of obvious but I don't think the connection between them and Pops is strong really. I'm guessing at your second choice based off how you thought one was voting and the other not. If it's who I think then I was sort of testing that earlier, but I honestly think that person is pretty townish right now. I think my non-voting suspect is more likely scum (with or w/o Pops-scum) than both your suspects.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:52 am

Post by SpyreX »

I am intrigued. Who wants to dump a suspect first? We'll go back and forth.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Jahudo »

I have no idea what you two are talking about but if it's about people on the pops wagon (aka us) then I'm all ears.

Huntress, IAUN wherefore art thou ToD?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

cfriot are playing guess who? with mafia flavor. it's pretty cool, i love guess who. except the part where it's all going off an incorrect premise, that's pretty suck.

Normally i try to scumhunt when i need to show the town they're wrong, but Huntress won't show up here, which is censoring me off. I could start getting omgussy and going after people for being here, but taht gooes against my mafia values, rewarding lurking and attacking people i don't really see as scum. Well, I mean, lots of people on the wagon are glowing maybes, but none of them makes me like "woah, scum".
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

How about you take that above paragraph and break it up into WHY people are maybes and what is the scum-rationale for Huntress (unless its lurking) so that IF you are town and you DO get hung its all there to look at in one succinct place?

(CFR I'm still waiting: Who goes first?)
Show

Proud member of BaM
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Neither of my suspects are on the Pops wagon. Your turn. You can start using names whenever you want and I'll go with it, or even ask me to use names first, but I think it's more fun dropping clues and being vague about it. =P

@Pops, why do you really need Huntress to post if you
already
think she's scummy? Like, why don't you just highlight the reasons you suspect her and make a case out of that?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Neither of MY suspects are on the pops wagon. Which, by nature, means that we share one in common... gee, who could that be.

And yes, that means I've spilled both of mine. ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

bionicchop2-
Seems like obvtown to me and everyone. Actually is hunting for scum, and actually checked my meta to read me, which fewer scum would do than town. He'll probably be calling you idiots tomorrow. On my behalf. I hope.
Huntress
Refused to random vote D1, and didn't really funnel the resulting discussion in a positive direction. Then loosely bandwagons spyrex today.
iamausername- Doesn't post much. Seems to judge more than search scum, which can be slightly suspicios.
Jahudo- Aggressively thinks i'm scum. His questions today appear to show a genuine desire to determine my alignment, i'd have him marked as town even though he's very wrong today.
CF Riot replaces Korts D1 - Is also on my bandwagon, but i'm not sure he's not me-tooing. Seems to want to throw boulders first and ask questions later more than the others.
Moriarty147 replaces My Milked Eek D1- Really really seems fishy, but not much content coming from her. Really me tooey stuff, and seems to arrive at "therefore obvscum" before actually listing enough reasons to get there.

Trumpet of Doom replaces OhGodMyLife D2
Almost no read
popsofctown
Rishi
His not voting wrongly today counts for him. But he only lists one reason not to vote me, some AtE, and doesn't address anything else against me. It seems like he's policy not-voting rather than policy voting, I actually suspect he has too much information. Either that, or he's decided the lynch will actually go through today and cares more about his vote status than whether or not we hit scum or town today. The discontinuity between his voting behavior and speaking behavior is a bit of an issue, so yeah big maybe.
SpyreX - it's really hard to tell this guy. He's very abrasive, and misreads almost every thing i say. Misreading is a vague scumtell... probably scum, but at the same time he does a very good job of having the appearance of scum hunting, at least, better than moriarty
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:
(unchanged)

popsofctown (L-2) ~ SpyreX, CF Riot, iamausername, Jahudo

SpyreX (L-5) ~ Huntress
Jahudo (L-5) ~ bionicchop2
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Moriarty147, Trumpet of Doom, Rishi, popsofctown
[size=0]bionicchop2 - 1 | Huntress - 1 PROD1 2 | iamausername - 1 PROD1 9 PROD2 2 | Jahudo - 0 | CF Riot - 0 | Moriarty147 - 3 PROD1 13 PROD2 0 | Trumpet of Doom - 2 | popsofctown - 0 | Rishi - 2 PROD1 13 | SpyreX - 0[/size]
First Deadline Review: Sunday, March 15 2009
Current Deadline: Thursday, March 19 2009
(5 days left)

-----

Moriarty147 is being prodded for the second time today.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Moriarty147
Moriarty147
Goon
Moriarty147
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Moriarty147 »

I'm personally inclined to think this game of Guess Who may be detrimental to scumhunting, though I see its purpose to an extent.

Of the connections, I can only see one of them, and it's to a non-voter not on pops's wagon.

The thing that's still bothering me about Huntress is poor cases *plus* not being around anywhere, but then she comes out of nowhere and presents a crap case on SpyreX of all people. This is kind of strange for someone who I've assumed to be scum, for reasons of it makes no sense for scum at all. Which is why I'm waiting for another post from her for more reasoning to see if this is a legitimate cause for not thinking she's scum, or not.

@pops: where do you claim I arrive at "therefore obvscum"
without giving sufficient justification?
Was yea ra omness chs ciel sos infel...
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Jesus, this game's going to take a while to read fully. I'm trying, but you wall-o-texters didn't make it easy.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Ha. I guess I could've figured that out before we ever started if I'd just been paying attention. End D1 commentary plus flip for BC and the Huntress hate all day. I actually thought one of your suspects
was
on the Pops wagon, and you confused yourself saying the one not on the wagon was "not voting".

My voter-suspect is Huntress. Her lurkiness has me worried in general, and I don't remember a real reason for
not
suspecting Pops. Them both coming out today voting you is why I said that one is obvious, but at the same time I think that may be a little too obvious. I don't really see scum being that blatantly cooperative. Huntress also seems like a scapegoat type scum target, who lots of people say they're mildly suspicious of until there's enough to push a lynch through. I'm in a bad spot because I'm both leery of a Huntress wagon being scum fueled, but at the same time I'm sort of leery of Huntress herself.

My nonvoter-suspect is OGML/Tod. I don't think either of OGML or Pops acknowledged each other much D1 or even today, which concerns me on OGML's part since Pops has been a central topic of discussion. If Pops flips scum I'm going to follow this lead before the Huntress one, but Tod's presence in game will affect my opinion.

I hadn't really considered a BC/Pops pair until now. I think when Pops originally came up and BC was voting RC, I had a generally town read of BC and I believed his explanation of Pops-meta leading him to a town read. Pops's summary of BC a few posts above mine seems to support this pairing though.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

OH MY GOSH IDIOTS. Do your silly pairs AFTER i flip.
"Well, I..."
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Jahudo »

CF Riot wrote:I don't think either of OGML or Pops acknowledged each other much D1 or even today, which concerns me on OGML's part since Pops has been a central topic of discussion.
I looked back on this and agree completely. They rarely interacted with each other and it was always weak, non-alignment observations. I can sort of understand pops not having anything to say about OGML because he wasn't active. I don't understand why OGML ignored pops though.

Look at this:
OhGodMyLife post 325 wrote:I'd be willing to wager that the rhinox scum partner in that grouping is pops.

Pops >> Rishi >> Huntress
No where else in any OGML post does he bring up a single concern, question, or suspicion of pops. It seems like he was just trying to bring the conversation back to Rhinox as scum, if anything.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

ok

Voting next person to make a paring guess based off me being scum. FoSes after that
"Well, I..."
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:30 am

Post by CF Riot »

Riot wrote:@Pops, why do you really need Huntress to post if you already think she's scummy? Like, why don't you just highlight the reasons you suspect her and make a case out of that?
Pops, why don't you do this instead?

Jahudo, you can start lurking now cause your avatar scares me. The less you post, the less I'll have to look into those dead eyes. :shock: :(
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

i put all i have about her in my player by player analyses. She won't post today.
"Well, I..."
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Jahudo »

popsofctown wrote:Voting next person to make a paring guess based off me being scum. FoSes after that
I don't see a scum connection to you and OGML. I think his pairing you off with Rhinox was scummy for him and it doesn't say anything about you.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Huntress »

popsofctown wrote:She won't post today.
Did you say that just to get me to post :P

I'll make a proper post as soon as I can but for some reason my brain is out of sync with the game at the moment. I'm working on it though.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:43 am

Post by SpyreX »

OHh NOES I'm gonna get a pops vote.

So, yes, there is Huntress. Actively not participating and I still haven't managed to squeeze out of her why I'm scummy. Although she parallels this well with the no concrete reason to not suspect pops.

Then there is the power-voting for me out of the gate. Although she did suspect me yesterday (see above) this was still enough to stand out.

As for a Huntress wagon being scum fueled... maybe, IF there was ever a wagon. As it sits if I was scum I sure as hell would throw in my "me too" on this suspicion to blend.

Then we have Bio. Bio is only scummy circumstantially :P. I, for the most part, find his play to be town but:

1.) There is the very pro-pops feel most of D1.
2.) There is the whole issue with the CC ending up in Reds lynch which while I still don't think it makes AS much sense as for scum there is one scenario where it would work well - if you were the scum RB. There is, sans a cop report, no simple method to differentiate between a town jailer and a scum RB (the only way you could would be to get the "jailer" to commit to blocking a specific person AND that person dying via vig or other non-mafia killing role).
3.) The push on Jah when he got on pops... but then the vanishing act.

So, yea. I'd much rather vote Huntress but that is looming in the back of my head.

As for OGML... he's been a conundrum. I was semi-suspicious but I can't shake the feeling that with this day going the way it is the last thing a scum would do would be replace out (consider how many people we have responding to prods saying they'll post and not). So, actually admitting and getting replaced (even though I hate replacements) does give some pro-town vibes to me. Moreso than Huntress for sure.

Unless OGML saw pops going up the rope and gave up because he thought it was unwinnable. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:
(unchanged)

popsofctown (L-2) ~ SpyreX, CF Riot, iamausername, Jahudo

SpyreX (L-5) ~ Huntress
Jahudo (L-5) ~ bionicchop2
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Moriarty147, Trumpet of Doom, Rishi, popsofctown
[size=0]bionicchop2 - 2 | Huntress - 0 PROD1 3 | iamausername - 2 PROD1 10 PROD2 3 | Jahudo - 0 | CF Riot - 0 | Moriarty147 - 0 PROD1 14 PROD2 1 | Trumpet of Doom - 0 | popsofctown - 0 | Rishi - 3 PROD1 14 | SpyreX - 0[/size]
First Deadline Review: Sunday, March 15 2009
--FAILED--

Current and Final Deadline: Thursday, March 19 2009
(4 days left)

-----

Cue surprise.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”