Mini 737 - Hack Poetry Mafia (Game Over)

Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Jebus »

RedCoyote wrote:
Spolium 373 wrote:Who did [spring] protect, and why?
The million dollar question.
QFT
Spolium wrote:- Budja's "good luck scumbuddy" post stands out for it's "at least I got you the Doc" comment. In fact, the brief exchange between him and Spring has the faintest hint of a last-minute distancing attempt.
I disagree, I honestly think Spring is more town for that, just based off of Budja's late D1 play. Either way, we really should keep Spring around for a while, and come back to this later if necessary.
Spolium wrote:
Deuxieme Octopus wrote:I say we just bump off Spring and get some confirmation one way or the other.
Are you serious?
QFT
Goat wrote: So who do you think is scum, then?
DO is definitely looking scummish, for the push to lynch Spring.
RC is still in my eye, though my suspicion for him is slowly petering off.
The same can be said about Spolium.
Don Jonson is looking scummy as well, more later.

Also, somehow the thought of a Lynx + Fhq scumteam popped into my head. Nothing to back that up, really, but it makes me wonder.
Lynx wrote:Jebus- Wasn't a fan of his last few posts at the end of Day 1. The obvscum remarks came off fairly scummy to me. I agree that Goat caught him changing the time frame of his remarks. My gut sees him as town though.
Scumdar pinged here, why would you see me as town if you'd thought I'd done something scummy?

Minor at best, though.
Don Jonson wrote:but DO is off the charts with starting an uncounterclaimed-doc-who-may-have-prevented-a-nightkill bandwagon.
The "who may have prevented a nightkill" bit sounds very, very off to me. Not sure why, just does.
Deuxieme Octopus wrote:
Lynx wrote:DO- Out of all the people on the wagon of Budja, i feel like DO is the most likely to have bussed Budja. He layed down the L-1 vote with little to coment on besides the fact that Budja was pretty obviously scummy. I think, At this point, it was pretty apparent that Budja was gonna be the lynch candidate of the day after my vote. So DO had no trouble dropping the deadweight that Budja had become. His proposal today to lynch the uncountered doctor is pretty scummy. I think it could have just been a poor townie proposal as well though.
Any reasons I posted for voting Budja would have been redundant. Of course there's a good amount of WIFOM in what I'm going to say but, if I was scum would I drop a heavy vote like that without giving at least a paragraph or two of bullshit to prop it up? I could have at least taken the time to quote a few of the others on the bandwagon and then reiterated them. But I did not. The case against Budja was so self-apparent, and I really shouldn't even have to defend it since, hey guess what he was scum. I think if anything, what you claimed was scummy in my vote was the least scummy aspect of it.
Point is weak at best. It's still a good thing to put a little of your own reasoning with a heavy vote, 'cause sure scum'd put down that vote without much reasoning.
Deuxieme Octopus wrote:
Lynx wrote:Considering that most of the town has shown disapproval for your plan to lynch the claimed doctor, are you still supportive of it? Is there any alternate suspects you have?
I still think it would be interesting. It obviously isn't going to happen, so no use floundering in the mud.
unvote
The general lack of other suspects, coupled with the continued "I still think we should wagon the uncountered+claimed doc" makes me wtf.
Deuxieme Octopus wrote:nothing yet
This bothers me. Is this really what you think, or are you just lazy?
RC wrote: Jebus here feels very broken, very scatterbrained. I don't know if I would go so far as to call him hypocritical, just very peculiar I guess. I think Jebus is the kind of player who changes his mind easily.
Not really, it's just that I typed that as I went through the readthrough, and my opinions changed as more info came in. Sort of like averaging numbers where the first few happen to be outliers. Also, one zero can bring a group of 100's way down.

Also note that this post was done in the same way.
Don Jonson wrote: let me put a stop to this silliness.

role claim: town watcher
night 1 target: Red Coyote
results: confusing

i misinterpreted my ability. i thought its properties were more akin to the role "tracker" and have been back and forth with the mod as to my results. My first return PM stated that RC was home alone all night. when asked to clarify i got the response that as watcher i only see who targets my target and am given no information as to alignment. however, based on my continuing conversation i am leaning towards RC being town despite his entirely crap argument. has anyone here been watcher before? mods answers were puzzling to me and i have been wrestling with the results.
I've been a watcher before. When you watch someone, you see who targeted that person.

This opposed to tracking, where you see who the person you targeted targeted.

I'ma wait for your results before I say what I think.
millar13 wrote:I am very much confused....due to the fact I forgot I was in this game...Opps :)
lolumwot?

============

Results heard, I actually almost completely believe the claim. The one little detail that really throws me off is that "watcher" or "tracker" is a relatively safe claim, it could easily be switched to the other if a counter shows up because they are so similar and often confused.

Overall, though, I'll take it.

Currently, the only one I really want to pressure is DO. So
Vote: DO

RC, as I said, has started to look town to me, so I see no reason to go in that direction.
On a whim, I'd like to look at Lynx.
I also really think Spring is town in general, though the anti-town is starting to move back, in the form of inactivity.
Don Jonson is certainly scummy, though in lieu of the claim, I'm very much willing to hold off.

Also, a few questions:

-Spring, Who did you protect? Why would you withhold this info in the first place?
-Hohum, anything you'd like to say about Ice's play?
-Sekinj, what do you think of Fhq?
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

First thing, I'm going to go ahead and
unvote
again. I think Jebus helped himself with post 475, but that's not entirely why I'm unvoting him. Now that Jebus has given us some thoughts I feel better keeping my vote down until the replacements get a good feel for this game.

---
spring 470 wrote:do carry on
I think I finally figured out what you're trying to do, and I don't approve of it.

Are you purposefully lurking this way to scope out those who continue to call you out on it? If you are, I don't think that is going to help us any longer. I think most players here consider your claim relatively solid, you would likely help us much more if you would pressure other players based on the information you know.

I mean, if you have decided to hold on to your potential doc save (which I do not agree with), you could at least put that knowledge to use by helping to hunt.

---
Spolium 472 wrote:Goddamnit RC. The whole defence thing still strikes me as dodgy, but your replies and analysis ping town for me.
I'm a
goon
loyal, honest-to-goodness member of this town, that's my job. XD

---
sekinj 473 wrote:Hey guys, I'm glad not all 19 pages are in poetry.
Think of all the fun you could make
using poetry to hunt those townie fakes!

Now our poetry is done by our lovely mod,
and he may use it for a scene or a prod.
I'm certainly grateful, not only for that,
but now another Texan with her cute little cat!

---
Jebus 475 wrote:I disagree, I honestly think Spring is more town for that, just based off of Budja's late D1 play. Either way, we really should keep Spring around for a while, and come back to this later if necessary.
I have to agree with Jebus here. It was interesting that Budja didn't say good luck
scum
rather than good luck
scumbuddy
. I can't say how practical that distinction may or may not be right now though given the fact that whether Budja has one or two partners, we still just have to find
a
scum today.
Jebus 475 wrote:Also, somehow the thought of a Lynx + Fhq scumteam popped into my head.
I wouldn't say that's completely implausible given the similar stances they've taken without really pushing one another too much, but I feel comfortable with Lynx at the moment.
Jebus 475 wrote:Not really, it's just that I typed that as I went through the readthrough, and my opinions changed as more info came in. Sort of like averaging numbers where the first few happen to be outliers. Also, one zero can bring a group of 100's way down.
I understand what you're saying (and I'll bet spring
really
does), it's difficult to give a summary of a game as a replacement without coming across as spotty or misinterpreting.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:25 am

Post by springlullaby »

RedCoyote wrote: Are you purposefully lurking this way to scope out those who continue to call you out on it? If you are, I don't think that is going to help us any longer. I think most players here consider your claim relatively solid, you would likely help us much more if you would pressure other players based on the information you know.

I mean, if you have decided to hold on to your potential doc save (which I do not agree with), you could at least put that knowledge to use by helping to hunt.
I will play the way I want to play.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:07 am

Post by sekinj »

First of all, I hate Spring's attitude. I know she's going to post a one liner to let me know she doesn't care what I think, but she is the closest thing we have to a confirmed townie, plus she has night information. Isn't her job as doctor to help the town during the day as well as a protect at night?

I don't completely trust dj's claim simply because the links with budja day one are strong, and as rc mentioned, his claim is an easy one. however, his confusion about the results does have a lot of sincerity it in.

my top suspects:
Jebus
DO
fhq
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:22 am

Post by sekinj »

What I think of fhq:
fhqwhgads wrote:Crap. I totally misread Budja. I really thought he was town.
I don't think a scumbuddy would have said this after the scumclaim/lynch. I think they would have been more concerned about trying to jump on the lynch midstream. After the fact hey would be concerned about fading into the background rather thahn pointing out their own mistake with this comment. This is why he is low on my list although his early posts seemed suspicious.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Jebus »

No comment to sekinj's response, it was exactly what I expected.
Jebus wrote:Spring, Who did you protect? Why would you withhold this info in the first place?
Again I ask. There's no reason not to say, unless you're not actually a doc.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by sekinj »

Jebus wrote:No comment to sekinj's response, it was exactly what I expected.
and comments like this is why jebus is at the top of my list. along with all of his fleeting thoughts and feelings that have nothing to back them up, he just wants to mention them to be sure to muddy the waters.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by sekinj »

Jebus wrote: Also, somehow the thought of a Lynx + Fhq scumteam popped into my head. Nothing to back that up, really, but it makes me wonder.
Jebus wrote:
Don Jonson wrote:but DO is off the charts with starting an uncounterclaimed-doc-who-may-have-prevented-a-nightkill bandwagon.
The "who may have prevented a nightkill" bit sounds very, very off to me. Not sure why, just does.
These are the comments I'm refering to in the above post.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Jebus wrote:
Jebus wrote:Spring, Who did you protect? Why would you withhold this info in the first place?
Again I ask. There's no reason not to say, unless you're not actually a doc.
personally, i disagree. though it
may
help to know who spring protected, spring may have good reasons for not saying. obviously, as the game progresses, town will most likely want this knowledge, but to say "there's no reason" for her not to say is incorrect. i mentioned before that she "may have" prevented an nk. unless there is other reason to not trust her i will accept her judgement at this time.

i will post more when i am through my reread.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

I really want to do a reread soon, but I just don't have the time(damn college). I have yet another test tomorrow and I'm going to have like no access this weekend. V/LA until sunday.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

hohum, how's the reread coming along? Have you found the scum yet?

---
don 483 wrote:personally, i disagree. though it may help to know who spring protected, spring may have good reasons for not saying. obviously, as the game progresses, town will most likely want this knowledge, but to say "there's no reason" for her not to say is incorrect.
I'm torn. don is right here, spring does have a reason for holding onto the information, and I think sekinj is helpful for pushing Jebus to be more factual with his accusations.

On the other hand, I'm also very aggravated with spring. I need to understand her thought process. I don't know how she can use her information without asking questions, even if only indirectly. It's hard for me to just "sit back and see what develops" because, hypothetically, what if she saved Jebus last night? Then what? Then, assuming Jebus is our lynch, she drops that bombshell two days before the deadline and we have to rush to find another lynch?

What can I say? I certainly won't go as far as Jebus to say that I'm thinking she isn't doc, because, coupled with the no kill last night, I see no reason for a real doctor to let spring continue to claim the role. I don't think the mafia no killed, that's a gambit I refuse to seriously consider, not after losing a roleblocker on D1.

Hmmm...

If only our mod would be so kind
as to give out some kicks in the 'hind.

Mod, please prod Goat and DO.
Done
and
done.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:01 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Jebus wrote:Again I ask. There's no reason not to say, unless you're not actually a doc.
What? Really? Do you stand by that statement?
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:39 am

Post by springlullaby »

Mod: I suggest you replace hohum, from what I've seen he's got appalling track record
I'll take the kettle under consideration, pot
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:06 am

Post by sekinj »

SL: you are a player in this game, not a mod.... just reminding you as you seem to be confused....
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:18 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod Edit 487 wrote:I'll take the kettle under consideration, pot
Mod owes me a new monitor, I just spit a mouthful of water all over mine. XD
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:42 am

Post by springlullaby »

sekinj wrote:SL: you are a player in this game, not a mod.... just reminding you as you seem to be confused....
I'm curious in which tone are you envisaging the above?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:44 am

Post by springlullaby »

I'll take the kettle under consideration, pot
I take offence to that, my pottiness is much more stylish and cool.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:21 am

Post by hohum »

sorry for the lack of activity. I'll get a post up tonight. It's been an unusually busy week and I know I've promised twice already, but I really haven't been posting anywhere.

-Daniel
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Tonight...or tomorrow I shall be caught up again.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by sekinj »

vote: Jebus
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:09 am

Post by springlullaby »

Sekinj, my question was serious you know.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:35 am

Post by sekinj »

springlullaby wrote:Sekinj, my question was serious you know.
Then please re-phrase the question. I don't know what you are asking.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:27 am

Post by don_johnson »

i think the question was clear enough that it deserves an answer. you may need to read it a couple of times, but it makes sense. maybe try reading it again.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:18 am

Post by sekinj »

don_johnson wrote:i think the question was clear enough that it deserves an answer. you may need to read it a couple of times, but it makes sense. maybe try reading it again.
well, I guess I'm the odd man out, cause it's a mystery to me.

Sl: please do me the favor of re-phrasing
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:20 am

Post by don_johnson »

she's asking your tone. pretty simple. but i digress...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”