Mini 753 - Really Deep South (Game over!)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:31 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

1. The target will be protected (good if town, bad if scum)

Why on Earth would you want to protect a claimed miller? There is no reason for this. There are two ways that ABR could be killed. By scum, or by a vig. He's not going to be killed by scum, independent of the veracity of his claim, because millers are policy-lynched or vig'ed before LYLO. So you're not protecting ABR against a scum kill. You could only protect him from a VIG. A pro-town role trying to save us from the uninformative chore of lynching ABR before LYLO. However, ABR might have been investigated by a tracker. If he carried out the kill (admittedly, only a retarded scum group would have the kill carried out by their claimed miller), then thanks to you, the tracker would get 'no result.'

2. The target will be roleblocked (bad if town, good if scum)

Yeah, what are the chances that a scumgroup is going to have their fake miller carry out a kill on Day 1, when there's a chance of a tracker roaming around?

3. Anyone targeting the target will be blocked (the ramifications of this depend on who is targeting whom and what their intentions are--lots of variables)

The tracker, if we have one, is going to track ABR as his/her top priority. Why would you do that?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:38 am

charter wrote:Scum will never target a miller. Find me even one case where it has happened. No town protective role is wisely spent on a miller. There are virtually no roles worse than a miller. No other town power is well used on a miller.
Except vig.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:42 am

Post by charter »

My bad. But then jailkeeper is protecting the miller.

DGB, what do you make of neko's claimed ignorance? Of vollkan's pushing that neko's reasons are valid?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:50 am

charter wrote:DGB, what do you make of neko's claimed ignorance?
Ignorance of what, exactly?
charter wrote:Of vollkan's pushing that neko's reasons are valid?
Yes, between my excitement over how totally inappropriate it is to protect a miller, vollkan making himself appear foolish over defending charter's choice slipped to the back of my mind - as something that I need to think about. It's incredibly odd. Vollkan is tossing knuckleballs.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:54 am

It's possible that neko was limited in his selection of fake targets for the fake claim.

I mean, first thing you do is to claim that you used your power on players that are dead and
don't talk
. Elvis was sniped, so that doesn't work, you can't say you protected her, she was killed by anti-town forces.

So there's only one dead player that you can use for your fakeclaim. The fake miller scum. Ah well! You gotta work with what you got, haha.

Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Death scene

roflcopter was killed. He was a door to door salesman (aka reporter).
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

End of morning phase

You begin a gloomy afternoon, devoid of everyone's favorite bunny.

vote count 3

neko 2 (DGB, Skander)
vollkan 1 (Tajo)

Not voting - everyone else

9 alive, 5 to lynch.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:43 am

Sorry for the delay, I had to change my avatar to reflect the wearing of the widow's garb.

I checked the wiki for 'reporter'

The Reporter can check a player's house to find out if they are home (anyone doing something during the night is not home).

In light of this, I re-read copter's posts.

There's a post in there that virtually proves that neko is lying.

If anyone else can figure it out, I'll hand out a lollipop.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:00 am

Post by farside22 »

I have 3 questions.

1. Did neko make a comment one way or another about ABR's "claim'? If so what was it?

2. Neko who did you jail last night and why?

Depending on #2 answer I will have a #3 if needed.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:13 am

farside22 wrote:I have 3 questions.

1. Did neko make a comment one way or another about ABR's "claim'? If so what was it?

2. Neko who did you jail last night and why?

Depending on #2 answer I will have a #3 if needed.
Someone is not reading. #2 is already answered. As for #1, you can check for yourself.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:23 am

Post by farside22 »

I found this DGB and there is a reason I'm asking.
neko2086 wrote:rofl, no. I don't think the morning phase is over yet anyway.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Found his thoughts on ABR
neko2086 wrote:Hm. I don't know how ABR's claim can be anything more than a null-tell. This discussion is getting real WIFOMy real fast.

ABR, now that you've made your entrance, could you share some thoughts on who you think is scum?
I really dont' see how jailing a claimed miller was the right move reading this.
I still want an answer if he jailed anyone day 2. Just for clarification.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:40 am

farside22 wrote:I found this DGB and there is a reason I'm asking.
There are no nights. Yesterday, he jailed ABR. And he said that he hasn't submitted today's choice.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:46 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
farside22 wrote:I found this DGB and there is a reason I'm asking.
There are no nights. Yesterday, he jailed ABR. And he said that he hasn't submitted today's choice.
He did say yet. Once again I have a reason to ask.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:13 am

Post by farside22 »

Also would be nice to know if neko did use his ability why he didn't jail rofl. Rofl was an obvious target.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:17 am

farside22 wrote:Also would be nice to know if neko did use his ability why he didn't jail rofl. Rofl was an obvious target.
That is a most excellent question indeed.

Skander
Skander
Townie
Skander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Skander »

Unvote

DGB, I don't see what you are saying about copter's posts proving that neko is lying.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:50 am

Post by farside22 »

All I get from copter was this:
roflcopter wrote:ok guys, abr is lying about his roleclaim, time for a lynch
I took this statement to mean he looked into ABR that night. Interesting enough if he see's ABR doesn't that mean that Neko didn't lock him up?

Goes to look up reporter.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:52 am

farside22 wrote:All I get from copter was this:
roflcopter wrote:ok guys, abr is lying about his roleclaim, time for a lynch
I took this statement to mean he looked into ABR that night. Interesting enough if he see's ABR doesn't that mean that Neko didn't lock him up?
Good girl.

Farside gets the lollipop.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay DGB is correct:

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Reporter

For those curious. If copter saw that ABR wasn't home then it's clear he wasn't blocked.

thinking

thinking

Makes sense can't see otherwise.

vote: Neko
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:59 am

Post by malthusis »

Actually, I need to think about this. I've only ever seen a jailkeeper live past N1 in one game, and it turned out to win the game for town.
This seems like a weird reason to unvote. I know you had other reasons to unvote that you could have said,but why did you pick this one?

vollkan wrote:
Makes perfect sense. Sure, it doesn't count for much at all, since scum is very very unlikely to target a claimed miller, but it's legit, if not very powerful.
Scum will never target a miller. Find me even one case where it has happened. No town protective role is wisely spent on a miller. There are virtually no roles worse than a miller. No other town power is well used on a miller.
The problem with that which makes this case utter rubbish (unless I've missed some important fact) is that there's nothing proving he's a jailkeeper in the first place. We practically have to trust him and hope for that he's town.

Also,
ABR seemed like a really good choice because it eliminates lots of possibility for collateral damage because:
1. No investigative role is going to waste their time with ABR. I get to avoid blocking results
2. If he was scum, obviously, he might have sent in the NK and be blocked (this is partially why I was resistant to the lynch, though he probably wasn't going to send in the kill anyway even if he did live)
I'm not really getting you're resistant to a lynch of a scum. Why would you not want to try to lynch a scum because you block him? You don't even have to worry about a kill at all if he's gone. (Also, you could say that you might have wanted to focus on the vollkan bandwagon, but there was barely any evidence stacked against him).
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:02 am

Post by malthusis »

EBWOP: I didn't see farside's post before I posted but that is a very valid point so I am going to
Vote: Neko
. It is now L-1, be careful before you vote.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:43 am

There's a remote possibility that vollkan has role-based info supporting neko's claim. It's the only explanation I can conceive for vollkan to agree that ABR was a fine choice for protection yesterday.

No hammer until vollkan speaks, unless we're really close to deadline.

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:51 am

Post by roflcopter »

oh bollocks
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Skander
Skander
Townie
Skander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Skander »

I get it now, nice work by farside.

Worse, neko said he protected a fake claiming miller, but he failed to protect an obv power role.
roflcopter wrote:neko, have you used your ability yet today?
This sounds like copter trying to remind neko to use his claimed protecting ability on him. Then neko neglected to protect copter. I don't believe neko.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”