Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Vi »

Xyl wrote:Let's kill Vi. He's too sharp.
*sniffle* That's a first. Normally I get killed out of some misunderstanding.

Also, everybody wants to kill DrippingGoofball. Your new title should be "Mafia Piñata" or something.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Seraphim »

That was an awesome game. Pretty much, the scum manipulated the town from the get-go. Notice that the town never lynched a single scum player...which I find hilarious.

The masterminds behind this awesome win totally go to DGB and Xyl.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Vi wrote:Also, everybody wants to kill DrippingGoofball. Your new title should be "Mafia Piñata" or something.
I accept the nomination, haha.

Ouch! Put that stick down.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Sigh. I thought FL wouldn't put a player at L1 so I proxyed my vote on Day 1 to her. Such a bad bad move.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sigh. I thought FL wouldn't put a player at L1 so I proxyed my vote on Day 1 to her. Such a bad bad move.
You really thought I wouldn't put a player to L-1? And I'm sorry that caused your death. I tend to do things impulsivlely.

Ok, so why did poptaj, assumably town, execute my alt? (Not that I had much purpose in this game when my main died N1)

And yeah, this sucked for me. I knew there was a reason I tend not to join large games.

So! VC quote sources and Mod notes for the win!?

Coming, coming. (And Machiavellian-Mafia killed you due to the Execute Male he handed out getting reflected D5.) - Tar
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Seraphim »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
Vi wrote:I knew I should have targeted Tarhalindur first thing. Also, Xyl was so obvscum at the end; why did nobody go after him?
Because the mafia killed everyone who suspected me. :D
WIFOM! WIFOM! Speculation about scum kill motives is scummy!

vote: Xyl
You do realize that you're actually voting iamusername?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

forbiddanlight wrote:
You really thought I wouldn't put a player to L-1? And I'm sorry that caused your death. I tend to do things impulsivlely.

Ok, so why did poptaj, assumably town, execute my alt? (Not that I had much purpose in this game when my main died N1)

And yeah, this sucked for me. I knew there was a reason I tend not to join large games.

Coming, coming. (And Machiavellian-Mafia killed you due to the Execute Male he handed out getting reflected D5.) - Tar
Ah.

Anyway, I find it hilarious that Xyl totally caught on to who I was as "TehVariable", and the other scum start off all like "Something is off color about him...he's protective!"

I didn't think my quote pattern was so distinctive.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by dahill1 »

forbiddanlight wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

Ah.

Anyway, I find it hilarious that Xyl totally caught on to who I was as "TehVariable", and the other scum start off all like "Something is off color about him...he's protective!"

I didn't think my quote pattern was so distinctive.
it was incredibly obvious
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

it was incredibly obvious
And yet...so few picked up on it apparently :P. In a game that's all about noticing these things, I'm quite ashamed of you all. And ashamed of myself for not covering that since I didn't notice it myself.
-StrangerCoug

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

forbiddanlight wrote:
As town you usually don't put people at L1 and I was getting a town vibe from you. Oh, and if I had used my kill it would have been on Xyl. xD
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

MafiaSSK wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
As town you usually don't put people at L1 and I was getting a town vibe from you. Oh, and if I had used my kill it would have been on Xyl. xD
Me specifically, or only as a normal townie? I'm probably a very...eccentric townie when it comes to things...very careless too. And that would have been awesome.
-StrangerCoug

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

forbiddanlight wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
Me specifically, or only as a normal townie? I'm probably a very...eccentric townie when it comes to things...very careless too. And that would have been awesome.
You specifically. From my meta on you you're only eccentric as scum.(see Time Abuse)
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

So, a bit of advice to the town in Mind Screw Mafia 4.

The biggest pitfall for the town in a game this complicated is relying too much on role information, and not enough on scumhunting. The scum will try to misdirect you, to focus you on irrelevant role information and away from information that will actually help the town. Don't let them! Your focus should be on lynching scummy players. Role information should give you hints on where to look first, nothing more.

I was doing my best throughout the game to direct attention to the role info that helped the scum (speculation about the cult win condition) and away from the info that helped the town (the cop results). I also tried to subtly discourage scumhunting, without looking like I wasn't scumhunting myself. It seems like I succeeded.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

MafiaSSK wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
You specifically. From my meta on you you're only eccentric as scum.(see Time Abuse)
Huh. There are a few that would dispute that meta. I fluctuate between serious and eccentric as scum (though generally I'll try to stick to the same attitude throughout the game), but tend more often to be eccentric as town. There are a couple exceptions, but they are rare.

Of course, self metaing has never been my strong suit. Usually it boils down to horrid town, alright scum depending on effort put in.
-StrangerCoug

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Vi wrote:Also, everybody wants to kill DrippingGoofball. Your new title should be "Mafia Piñata" or something.
I accept the nomination, haha.

Ouch! Put that stick down.
But you're full of delicious candy!

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Vi »

Xylthixlm wrote:I was doing my best throughout the game to direct attention to the role info that helped the scum (speculation about the cult win condition) and away from the info that helped the town (the cop results).
The fact that the mod did the speculating for you continues to bother me. <__<
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

By the way, veerus did a
really
good job by using his ability on Tar and becoming invisible. He came close to saving the town in endgame with his kill.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I had a total panic moment the first time veerus posted through Tar and brought up death millers, by the way.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

I feel like although this game was fun, it was not really that balanced. It looks to me like the scum are way too powerful compared to what the town has, and their small number helped them in that with those abilities.

Not to mention the cult that the town had to worry about and the 3 lover-jesters. I know that throwing in lots of stuff can make the game more interesting, but I feel like the balance here was a bit lacking.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Town were extremely powerful too (multiple killing roles, multiple investigative roles), but were inherently less coordinated than the scum.

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Xylthixlm wrote:Town were extremely powerful too (multiple killing roles, multiple investigative roles), but were inherently less coordinated than the scum.
well yeah, inherently they will be, which is the problem with giving scum ridiculous powers.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Vi »

cow 2143 wrote:Not to mention the cult that the town had to worry about
Well, sorta. I kinda expected it, but my role was more SK than cult. Without the ultimate, I had a pretty slim chance of actually culting anyone (though seeing the two cultable scum was kinda nice. Too bad Rei Ayanami was revealed after I died, no?). With the Ultimate, it would have become sort of a mini-Mafia deal, except the NK would have died with me and my followers would have been like "I traded my Win Condition for
this?
".

It would have taken a lot of luck for the cult to have gotten anywhere, in actuality. It was more for scare.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by veerus »

scum thread wrote:"Tarhalindur wrote:
Natirasha is not a valid target for abilities. Protip: you can target the mysterious voice, and it will hit the player responsible."
really? REALLY? what, you don't need names anymore???

Xyl, good pick up on the .. thing. I have since become more concious of it however at the time of the message it made perfect sense without my casual ..'ing since it signified a pause.

And yeah, Tar kind of started to feed me various information (like the death miller thing) when it became apparent that the mafia was way too organized and my voice was the only way he could even slow it down with. Xyl's shield, replaceable mafia and the 2-day delay ability pretty much sealed the game in the end as I simply didn't have enough kills to kill all the mafia at night and had to comply with strict posting restrictions during the day. I was happy everyone went for Caboose (finally!!), but it was unfortunate that the town didn't pay attention and misvoted placing their vote on the magnet.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

"unfortunate"? I
started
the wagon on Caboose!
Xyl wrote:My evil plan is to get one of the townies to try to vote Caboose and forget about the vote rotation, thus stickying their vote to iamausername. Then we can't get lynched.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Hey veerus.

I DIDN'T RUIN THIS ONE! BE HAPPY.

Anyway, you did very well I think.

Also, does anyone find it amusing that my performance as Lain in MS II has Tar creating provisions for "voice of the mod lynches"?
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”