Mini 753 - Really Deep South (Game over!)

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:46 am

Post by charter »

Korts wrote:
charter wrote:Korts, why just me and vollkan? Why not CarnCarn in your scum triangle? He voted ABR but wasnt in the votecount.
Hmm. I don't really understand. Since it was stated in the first vote count that it was 7 to lynch, someone seems to be a double-voter.

CarnCarn would only have been the seventh vote, thus being the hammer-vote. Why would he be in my "scum triangle"?

Also, I'm not making a link between you and vollkan, I'm saying that both of your votes seemed strange--with vollkan's also being scummy.
Ok... Elvis died, bringing us down to 11 people left alive, so we only needed six to lynch. And, I love how you ask me why I can think there could be voteless people when you assume there are double voters..

I know you're not connecting me and vollkan, but I think you're pulling stuff out of nowhere. If ABR wasn't painfully obvious scum, you would have something, but everyone should have been willing to vote him.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Korts »

DX

I'd completely forgotten about elvis being dead when taking into consideration the number of votes needed to lynch... So I had
reason
to believe there are double voters.

But my point against vollkan isn't that he was willing to vote him--it's that the format of his "broken tags" suggests a deliberate stunt at showing support without actually voting.
scumchat never die
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:16 am

Post by charter »

Ok, I was just trying to see if you were actually clueless or feigning it.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Korts »

Regarding which part?
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:28 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:==========
NewsFlash
==========

We interrupt this Mafia game for breaking news. DrippingGoofball has just announced, in a press conference, that she will continue to demand that claimed millers be killed, no matter when they claim.

Now back to your regularly programmed game.
This just in

Farside will no longer doubt DGB.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:52 am

Post by roflcopter »

vote: neko
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:27 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

farside22 wrote:Farside will no longer doubt DGB.
Hi Five!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:30 am

roflcopter wrote:
Reasoning?

My list of potential scumpals comprises about half the players, and I'm trying to narrow them down.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:35 am

Post by roflcopter »

posts 223/227
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:37 am

Post by charter »

Korts wrote:Regarding which part?
Leaving CarnCarn's vote for ABR out of your people you thought were fishy for voting ABR.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:49 am

roflcopter wrote:posts 223/227
Yes, I've seen them, but how is it more scummy than some of the other scummy players? So many candidates, only one vote...

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:04 am

Post by farside22 »

@Skanders: I did what I felt was best with ABR's "claim" I questioned him till I felt satisfied with his answers. The reason I question DBG about scum claiming miller is because I have yet (till now) see scum fake claim miller day 1 as ABR did.
Notes for ABR's lynched. Didn't care for neko's comment about ABR and quick come to his defense. Don't like Carn Carn thus far. Quiet and hammers ABR. I doubt he is reading the game I know, I know people (dgb) were saying lets hammer but I always read what's going on before I hammer.
I would say neko and carn are my top two scum suspects based on ABR's lynch.

vote: Neko
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 am

Post by roflcopter »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Yes, I've seen them, but how is it more scummy than some of the other scummy players? So many candidates, only one vote...
waffling is not like you
soi soi soi

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:44 am

Post by charter »

vote neko

Meant to do that earlier.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

roflcopter wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
waffling is not like you
I'm like a 1000-lb man at a donut buffet. I don't know from which end I should start gorging myself from.

I'll re-read tonight, it's only just 10 pages.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:32 am

Already on page 2: vollkan (Korts, neko, malthusis, charter, roflcopter)

ABR-scum writes: "Vote: Korts - Leave Volkan alone, he has done you no harm." He's defending vollkan (it WAS a non-case) and voting Korts instead. ABR might have been bus'ing Korts. One scumpoint for Korts.

Right after, neko chimes in: "Hmm. EK, do you not see any possible merit in a random bandwagon?" Neko therefore concedes that the vollkan wagon has no logical basis, and that it is a 'random' wagon. One scumpoint for neko.

Later, neko writes: " I see merit in your case, but vollkan's reactions have been just fascinating so far. Vollkan's initial response to Korts seemed mostly joking/sarcastic at first, but the more defensive he gets, the less I'm sure." One scumpoint. It's a lie. In fact, vollkan's response until then was a snoozefest. Another scumpoint for buddying up to elvis.

When elvis challenges him, neko writes: "
Yeah, but we're on page two... I just think vollkan's reactions are a bit much, especially following a random vote with joke reasons." One more.

Strangely, farside thinks neko gets townie points for the above. One scumpoint for farside.

Vollkan then votes neko! Hmmmm... I could see the OMGUS short bus at work here. One scumpoint to vollkan. And one to neko.

God, now that I'm re-reading elvis without having to worry about her being scum, she's a total hoot.

Look at this:
elvis_knits wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:quote="elvis_knits"]
I AM SCUM. THE OTHER SCUM MIGHT WAS WELL CLAIM NOW SO WE CAN COORDINATE ACTIONS AND WIN. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO WIN IF YOU ARE SCUM. CLAIM NOW.
Can I claim Miller? I claim
Miller
. I am not bulletproof so please refrain from shooting me on the spot. I will not name anyone so foolish and reckless as to shoot unprovoked, but you know who you are. I'm looking at you DGB. And you too, volkan. Although we are friends now, there is no telling if you still secretly want revenge for Peril in Panama.
THIS IS A GOOD START. [...]
She's on to ABR straight away. She gets a chocolate medal.

Then, gathering more spunk, she challenges him "Okay, now explain why you have a crush on vollkan." And later, "ABR, do you want to die?" Hmmm, this might explain her sudden death.

From farside: "@DGB: Every game thus far except 1 all miller claims have been town. Can you link games where millers are scum?" One scumpoint for defending ABR and putting the burden of proof on me.

A chestnut from Korts, worth a scumpoint: "I have never seen a fake miller claim."

Charter writes: 'I will throw my two cents in here. Seen way more fake miller claims than real ones. [...] No one is arguing that ABR is scum because he claimed miller. You guys are letting vollkan off the hook. FOS those " Obviously tries to distract us all onto the manufactured vollkan wagon. One point. Then pushes hard: "Waiting for suspicion of him to blow over. Not gonna happen while sheriff charter is in town. " Another point.

Korts tries to shut off the miller argument: "So get on with actually relevant scumhunting instead of going off on tangential policy lynches." One scumpoint.

Oh-oh, vollkan distances from ABR? "It's not really a crush so much as requited love." Scum Point! "As I intimated above, I approve of early miller claims (which is exactly what I did in Omod)." Maybe that's why vollkan and ABR decided that ABR should claim Miller? Another point.

During the miller discussion, neko lurks. One scumpoint.

charter casts aspersions on farside and me for challenging the miller claim, one point to charter.

OMG! Says neko, "Hm. I don't know how ABR's claim can be anything more than a null-tell. This discussion is getting real WIFOMy real fast. ABR, now that you've made your entrance, could you share some thoughts on who you think is scum? " Can you say, scumpoint?

This from neko: "
DGB, if you think the vollkan wagon is nothing but rubbish, why are you just bringing this up now? Do you have arguments against the points brought up against him that would help convince us that they're rubbish?" The burden of proof is on those that make the wagon. One scumpoint.

Post 145 is neko distancing from ABR FER SURE. One point.

Vollkan defends ABR in #150: "anybody who claims Miller, because of the potential for such a claim to be made by scum fearing investigation (regardless of how viable a strategy may be), is going to draw more attention than your average player" Point.

After vollkan feigned non-claim, Korts quickly unvotes. Methinks he was looking for an excuse to get off a bus wagon that had gotten out of hands. Scumpoint on Korts.

ABR attempts to buddy up to vollkan, MINUS one scumpoint on vollkan.

Korts gets off the vollkan wagon, sparing him the claim, and crap votes malthusis. One point. Then later, Korts continues to maintain that vollkan is scum!!! One more.

One point against farside for putting vollkan at minus one. You NEVER do that on a page 3 wagon.

Korts berates elvis for wanting vollkan to claim, but never mentions farside's putting vollkan at minus one. One point each.

Neko writes, after elvis is dead: "EK will be missed" One scumpoint for insincerity.

Right after ABR quits, charter votes vollkan out of the clear blue sky, one scumpoint.

Carncarn: "Wait... how did EK die? " also, says copter is scum! No way, One scumpoint.

Neko doesn't believe copter. One scumpoint.

I like vollkan #232, MINUS one point.

OMG, everyone read http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 43#1532143 - is that not worth TWO scumpoints???

Scumpoints

Neko **********
Korts *******
charter******
farside****
vollkan***
CarnCarn*

*facepalm*

I could have saved me a lot of work if I only listened to the bunny.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:38 am

Post by farside22 »

Question doesn't ABR defending volkan seem like scum trying to save his scum partner or do you look at it as more scum trying to appear town?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:13 pm

farside22 wrote:Question doesn't ABR defending volkan seem like scum trying to save his scum partner or do you look at it as more scum trying to appear town?
A fakeclaiming miller puts himself in a very awkward position, he can't really defend a buddy, since his own credibility is nebulous at best. WIFOM I know, but I think it's more likely for ABR to strive to get 'town cred' for defending vollkan if vollkan is lynched and flips town, and ABR, as a fake claiming miller, needed all the town cred he could get. That's why I knocked one scumpoint OFF vollkan for ABR buddying up to him.

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by vollkan »

Korts wrote: What's there to explain? It's pretty much already in the original quote. charter's post-hammer vote is just that, a clear-cut attempt at pushing the wagon to overkill; and vollkan's vote I don't like because, unless his keyboard layout is radically different than the one I have come to know over the years, I don't see any likely scenario in which he tries to close a bold tag with a quotation mark.
I typed "] instead of [/b]. I can guess that I typed " instead of /, given the proximity of the keys. Frankly, I can't explain why I missed the
Korts wrote:ns arise from your remarks, though:
1) What is the motivation for deliberately messing up the tags?
2) How likely do you think that motivation is, versus just a typo?
Korts wrote: But my point against vollkan isn't that he was willing to vote him--it's that the format of his "broken tags" suggests a deliberate stunt at showing support without actually voting.
Maybe if ABR was town that argument would be semi-valid, but he flipped scum.
DGB wrote: Oh-oh, vollkan distances from ABR? "It's not really a crush so much as requited love." Scum Point!
Hmm? I was just making a jokey remark there. What's your reasoning?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Day 2 - vote count 1

neko 4 (roflcopter, farside, charter, DGB)
vollkan 1 (Korts)

Not voting - vollkan, Skander, CarnCarn, neko, mathusius

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to boogie.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Prodding Malthusius.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:55 am

Post by malthusis »

Sorry I haven't posted recently, I've had very spotty access recently. Will post later today (hopefully).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:02 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
farside22 wrote:Question doesn't ABR defending volkan seem like scum trying to save his scum partner or do you look at it as more scum trying to appear town?
A fakeclaiming miller puts himself in a very awkward position, he can't really defend a buddy, since his own credibility is nebulous at best. WIFOM I know, but I think it's more likely for ABR to strive to get 'town cred' for defending vollkan if vollkan is lynched and flips town, and ABR, as a fake claiming miller, needed all the town cred he could get. That's why I knocked one scumpoint OFF vollkan for ABR buddying up to him.
Thanks. I'm never sure which way to think about it. Sometimes I see one point and sometimes I see the other. I personally think it depends on the player. What I really need is some spyglasses to get into someone's head.
I like my vote on Neko at the moment. Malth needs to participate more.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Korts »

I apologize for this, but I have no time whatsoever for mafia right now. I am replacing out of all my games, and I am deeply sorry for the trouble I'm causing with this.

mod: please replace me.
scumchat never die
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:04 am

Post by charter »

Are we waiting for anything in particular? I don't understand why neko isn't lynched yet.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”