Mini 737 - Hack Poetry Mafia (Game Over)

fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

RC wrote:Is that really all your basing your vote on today?
What vote?
RC wrote:Why aren't these statements contradictory?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you misunderstand me. I say you would look better if you
CONCEDE
that you defended spring. I'm not saying you'd look good or that I like the fact that you are defending her, but I am willing to give you town points for admitting as much. Or let me rephrase that: I am willing not to give you any more scum points.

Seriously, I find it strange you call me out on that. I think you are smart enough to know what I meant.
RC wrote:Can you explain?
I changed my mind? Initially I thought it to be a fair argument, but looking back and reading the back and forth, I get much more the feeling of you backpeddling.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

fhqwhgads 450 wrote:What vote?
Well, I had just assumed you were planning to vote at some point today.
fhq 450 wrote:I am willing to give you town points for admitting as much.
"Town points" is certainly an improvment over calling my position "disturbing" I suppose. I'll take it. :)

Seriously though, this is how I see things:

RC confers with the townRC: Calling spring out for not voting seems weak in contrast to Budja, who still has his vote on a person who was replaced two weeks ago.
Everyone else: Wow, defending spring, eh? FoS: RC
RC: No, that's not the point. I'm not defending her, but don's back-and-forth with spring is extremely speculative and, even if it holds water, it holds little compared to what we have on others. Further, calling her out for not voting in a post she specifically said was a copy and paste of her notes isn't a very fair argument either.
Everyone else: Backtrack much?
RC: *sigh*

Like I told Spolium fhq, it's not worth the fight. I made it clear that spring did things that I didn't agree with, and because of that, I couldn't oppose her lynch.

I still contend that criticizing arguments != defending the victim of the arguments, but if you refuse to accept that, then just consider it a defense of spring. The difference is, I'm going to be voted or suspected for "defending spring", then I have to make a stink about it.
fhq 450 wrote:I changed my mind? Initially I thought it to be a fair argument, but looking back and reading the back and forth, I get much more the feeling of you backpeddling.
Well I certainly wouldn't want anyone to think you were fence sitting or playing both sides of the argument or anything like that.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:33 am

Post by don_johnson »

RC: you are arguing with me about my "acceptance" of Budja's reasoning. you seem to think there was some sort of "absolute" and clear moment when this game left the RVS. i will do a pbpa sometime today, but your entire case seems based on that very narrow minded OPINION of when we left the rvs. also, how am i to be faulted for "accepting" someones excuse? in my OPINION there is no proof of when or whose vote took us out of the rvs. you thought it was ice9, budja thought it was himself, i thought it was me. why should i disbelieve a player who thinks that about their vote? there is no clear proof, nor did i see you chiming in at the time to dispute it. everything becomes more clear in hindsight. Budja played poorly and i was willing to see him lynched if need be, but yours and Springs ridiculousness trumped his stupidity.
RC wrote:This is contradictory. You disagree with my contention that Budja didn't have the first "real" vote yet you say the votes before Budja's weren't random?
why is this even relevant? i personally believe that most votes occuring int the rvs are "joke" votes. true randomness is a philosophy in itself. how did you decide who to vote for? in fact you voted Budja. how and/or why did you choose Budja? personally i chose wolfblitzer because i recognized the celebrity name. it stood out so i voted him. that's not random. you are now crossing into the land of "fishing" for scumminess. this argument is complete crap.
RC wrote:Like I said earlier in this post, your reasoning is based on the idea that Budja's vote is the first real vote, which is patently false. Budja cannot have been "trying to get us out of the random stage" because we were already out of the random stage. Period.
sorry, but no. i thought budja was an idiot. it seemed perfectly plausible to me that Budja thought exactly what he said he thought.
RC wrote:effectively dismissing Ice9 and Wolf's votes as random, and dismissing my argument altogether.
i haven't "dismissed" anything. please show me where i did.
RC wrote:I'm concerned with that fact that you just clean accepted his claim that he was the vote to "get us out of the random stage".
^^^ this was his claim. not mine. again, what reason did i have to distrust budja in such a manner as to accuse him of lieing at that stage of the game? also i did acknowledge other players. reread the thread.

{quote"RC"]In other words, that's not the only thing I wanted to address, and I don't appreciate you framing me in that way.[/quote]

hi pot! heres a kettle. can you tell me what color it is?

RC wrote:I don't wish to convey such bravado. I think you as scum based on a
multitude of factors
that I'm only able to see after Budja flipped scum, many of my points are dependent on that.
now its a multitude? before it was "only" my "acceptance" of budja's excuse.

sorry, but in regards to the wifom i was trying to appease you. i.e. you used wifom to show guilt, i can use it to show innocence- therefore it is silly. that aside, have you bothered to look at the back end of the wagon?

let me put a stop to this silliness.

role claim: town watcher
night 1 target: Red Coyote
results: confusing

i misinterpreted my ability. i thought its properties were more akin to the role "tracker" and have been back and forth with the mod as to my results. My first return PM stated that RC was home alone all night. when asked to clarify i got the response that as watcher i only see who targets my target and am given no information as to alignment. however, based on my continuing conversation i am leaning towards RC being town despite his entirely crap argument. has anyone here been watcher before? mods answers were puzzling to me and i have been wrestling with the results.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:35 am

Post by don_johnson »

ebwop: "i will do a pbpa sometime today" should be "i will do a pbpa now". i couldn't resist. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:24 am

Post by RedCoyote »

unvote

Will comment later.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Spolium »

don_johnson wrote:role claim: town watcher
night 1 target: Red Coyote
results: confusing

i misinterpreted my ability. i thought its properties were more akin to the role "tracker" and have been back and forth with the mod as to my results. My first return PM stated that RC was home alone all night. when asked to clarify i got the response that as watcher i only see who targets my target and am given no information as to alignment. however, based on my continuing conversation i am leaning towards RC being town despite his entirely crap argument. has anyone here been watcher before? mods answers were puzzling to me and i have been wrestling with the results.
A watcher discovers who targeted his target on the same night, so I expect RC being home alone all night implies that nobody "paid him a visit" (i.e. targeted him).

Was there any additional information which you can paraphrase, or was RC's lonesome night the long and short of it?
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:57 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Prods going out to lynx, millar and springlullaby

Still no replacements found for plonky =/
Last edited by TonyMontana on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:00 am

Post by don_johnson »

first results were that RC was home alone all night. i asked about what i would see if RC had an investigative immune role, and was told that my results have nothing to do with alignment, and that my ability only reveals if someone targets my target(as you said). what i am stuck wondering is this:

if RC is mafia, is there any reason he would be home alone? there not being an nk last night adds to my confusion. wouldn't scum read as "out" anyway? i thought both scum and mason roles had to leave there houses to speak at night, which leads me to townRC.

i don't think i can paraphrase more than that.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:41 am

Post by sekinj »

Hey guys! I replace Plonky
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:42 am

Post by TonyMontana »

sekinj
replaces
Plonky

Welcome warmly.
Upcoming
Mini
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:36 am

Post by millar13 »

I am very much confused....due to the fact I forgot I was in this game...Opps :)
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Hey sorry for lack of posts recently been busy with midterms. In fact I got one in just a few hours so I'm gonna have to study.
Unvote
. I'll examine the Don claim more later, but for now the votes coming off. Post coming later tonight.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:01 am

Post by TonyMontana »

millar13 wrote:I am very much confused....due to the fact I forgot I was in this game...Opps :)
Thanks for (not) playing.

hohum
replaces
millar13

Please thank hohum by checking out his sig
Upcoming
Mini
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:56 am

Post by hohum »

Huzzah for finding a game that Empking isn't in!

I'll get a post up by close of day :)

Thanks guys.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:26 pm

don_johnson wrote:first results were that RC was home alone all night. i asked about what i would see if RC had an investigative immune role, and was told that my results have nothing to do with alignment, and that my ability only reveals if someone targets my target(as you said). what i am stuck wondering is this:

if RC is mafia, is there any reason he would be home alone? there not being an nk last night adds to my confusion. wouldn't scum read as "out" anyway? i thought both scum and mason roles had to leave there houses to speak at night, which leads me to townRC.

To my knowledge a watcher is allowed to see who if anybody targeted. But the person the watcher chooses doesn't show whether he targeted someone else . The watcher DOES NOT know if his target went to another's house. I don't think the scum would meet at a particular house because then the house chosen would be up in the air. This part is confusing.

I believe your claim, Don. Your post sounds pretty sincere about your confusion regarding the results. Does anybody know if scum get a watcher sometimes? I don't think they'd have another power role considering that they had a role blocker.

I need to rethink my suspects as my biggest one has gone cold right now.

I'd like to hear the replacements input as those players have been no reads throughout the game so far.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:28 pm

Oh and Hohum what the hell happened between you and Empking? You're going at him pretty hard in Rebels. Just curious.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by hohum »

Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Oh and Hohum what the hell happened between you and Empking? You're going at him pretty hard in Rebels. Just curious.
It isn't kosher to talk about ongoing games. Sorry.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:40 pm

hohum wrote:
Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Oh and Hohum what the hell happened between you and Empking? You're going at him pretty hard in Rebels. Just curious.
It isn't kosher to talk about ongoing games. Sorry.
Yeah consider it retracted
Consider it noted. Watch it -.-
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

don, consider any case aspects against you retracted, if you have anything you wish to address with me that isn't related to my D1 read, I'll be happy to answer it, but I believe your claim and you've made quite a substansial jump on my scale because of it.

For future reference, I think of the Watcher as more of a protective role than an investigative one. Use your power on those who you think will be acted upon during the night. I've already assumed that Budja was the only scum roleblocker given the lack of a night kill.

---

Welcome hohum and sekinj!

sekinj, you've basically got a clean slate to work with replacing Plonky. Plonky had maybe 3 posts, every post could be summed up as, "I'm about to start rereading guys, what should I look for?" Plonky replaced magisterrain, who basically left before the game got started. I think she only made 2 posts.

hohum, you're replacing millar13, who was generally unhelpful and lurky, but who I didn't really fault too much for. He replaced Ice9, who I considered to be significantly townie. I don't believe Spolium is very fond of you, but other than that I think you're in relatively neutral standing.

Neither of you are in bad standing with me personally.

---

I'll save y'all the suspense of wondering who I'm going to be interested in next because I still believe I have a good beat on this game despite (likely) messing up my don read. In other words, my two biggest suspects today are still found in Jebus and fhq, and I ever so slightly prefer that we
vote: Jebus

This is by no means a vote I would push with the same gumption I gave to my don vote, but I believe I can create a reasonable case against Jebus.

What I'd really like Jebus to do in order to help himself and this town out is to give more of his opinions. What's his reaction to the new claim? How does he feel about my post 440? Has his suspects changed based on today's no kill? Does he have anything to say to the replacements?

Thread also needs more Goat, spring, and DO.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:20 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Vote Count

When the, streets is watching, blocks keep clocking
Waiting for you to break, make your first mistake
Can't ignore it, that's the fastest way to get extorted
But my time is money, at deadline, I can't afford it

L-4
Jebus
(2) goatrevolt, RedCoyote
L-5
Deuxieme Octopus
(1) don_johnson
L-5
don_johnson
(1) springlullaby
L-5
RedCoyote
(1) Spolium

Not Voting: (5) hohum | Jebus | fhqwhgads | sekinj | Deuxieme Octopus | Lynx The Antithesis

With 11 people alive, it takes
6 votes to lynch

Public Service Announcment
All and any poetry I do should be considered valueless flavour
Upcoming
Mini
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:42 am

Post by springlullaby »

prodded post poooost ploust

do carry on
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:21 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Don, I have no reason not to believe your claim, and I think you shouldn't read that anything into that flavour regarding RC's stance.

All we get out of this is that no one targeted RC last night. Not surprising really.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:25 am

Post by Spolium »

Goddamnit RC. The whole defence thing still strikes me as dodgy, but your replies and analysis ping town for me.

unvote
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:07 am

Post by sekinj »

Hey guys, I'm glad not all 19 pages are in poetry. I am reading through and trying to find connections/reactions given yesterday's lynch and the claimed night info.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:32 am

Post by don_johnson »

sekinj wrote:Hey guys, I'm glad not all 19 pages are in poetry. I am reading through and trying to find connections/reactions given yesterday's lynch and the claimed night info.
i was actually hoping for all poetry. welcome. we could use some fresh insight. i am currently in reread.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”