sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:09 am

Post by sirdanilot »

veerus wrote:So in the interest of the game, should mafia/town mutually agree to kill/lynch the two people who need replacements? Or does anyone know anyone who likes chess and would be willing to replace?
fos veerus

just for reference
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:12 am

Post by Max »

Btw, despite the fact the mod hasn't announced it I'm a new replacement. We have 15 days worth of information for us to use to find scum, we no longer should be playing the chess, we should play the mafia
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:13 am

Post by Max »

I'll read through and vote for a player tomorrow
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Abstract Actuary »

Max wrote:Btw, despite the fact the mod hasn't announced it I'm a new replacement. We have 15 days worth of information for us to use to find scum, we no longer should be playing the chess, we should play the mafia
Why?
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

The new replacement is Max by the way.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by veerus »

16...Bf5 is a tricky move. Makes me want to move 16. Ne5 so we can follow up with Nc6 to either grab another pawn or trade down (a good idea for us since with less pieces our pawn advantage will be more pronounced)
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

veerus wrote:Is there any other way to stop Nxd2-Rxf4?
Nxd2, Qxd2, Rxf4, Qxf4

g3 looks solid anyway, even though that pawn doesn't immediately need protection. It strengthens the pawn structure, opens up that bishop that has nowhere to go, and could potentially be useful in stopping a "piece to h4" check that could be relevant down the line.

Ne5 doesn't seem that good to me. I like the knight where he is, and I don't think we need to worry about an imminent check on our king from the e file, considering black has 2 pieces in the way they'd have to get out first, and they'd have to get their rook over, and we can just move Ne5 in response if it happens.

Qd3 seems weak to me. I'm not sure what the purpose of this move is.

Not sure about Bd3, either, but it looks better than Qd3. I'm guessing the purpose here is to keep black from having the option of capturing our bishop.

Be2 is also a possibility. I want to look into that one more.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:16 am

Post by sirdanilot »

For some reason I have the hunch veerus is mafia. My hunch is usually right, but I'm not going to vote him anyway. Unlike Max I do think we should be playing chess since we aren't hopelessly fighting for a losing cause.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by veerus »

sirdanilot wrote:For some reason I have the hunch veerus is mafia. My hunch is usually right, but I'm not going to vote him anyway. Unlike Max I do think we should be playing chess since we aren't hopelessly fighting for a losing cause.
So let me get this straight.. You have a hunch that one of the people who's been doing the bulk of the analysis in this thread is scum? While you, who's barely contributed, is
surely
not. Right?

If this is not a scum trying to start something against one of the more active players, I don't know what is.

vote: sirdanilot
-Fight Club
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Fos: veerus

I know for a fact that sirdanilot is way worse at chess than me, and do you see me contribute much? Besides the chess play, sirdanilot has contributed a lot, maybe the most of all people. I also did not expect this level of chess players so I kinda stayed back and supported the suggested moves that I think were the best. That being said, I think we should just play chess instead of voting. Everyone who votes someone is a risk for the town. We have enough time to start playing mafia if the situation becomes hopeless, it's not like a hopeless situation ends a chessgame in 2 turns.

I don't like moving our Queen away. Her pressure on the H7 spot should stay, and I don't think we should worry about our left bishop, a trade isn't disastrous. I'm all for an aggressive move like Ne5, but g3 looks good as well.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:58 am

Post by sirdanilot »

The absolutely horrible anti-town vote, combined with OMGUS and the useless 'you didn't contribute much' card convince me that veerus is scum.

And no, I am not good at chess at all. I do not have an experience of reading games or playing professionally to build on. I can only build on my own logic and my knowledge of the rules of chess. Yet I always tried not to just ignore the analysis (which was really beyond me most of the time) but try to comprehend it as much as I can and think with you guys. The fact that you completely dismiss this as scum behavior means that either you are a very bad town player mafia wise, or you are scum. You do not seem a bad player to me, and you are also not a newbie. Therefore you are probably scum and I will ignore your suggestions, and urge everyone to do the same. Or at least take them with a grain of salt and see to it that he doesn't change your mind off a good alternative.

I would do a reread of veerus, but since we have not entered the mafia phase yet it'd be quite useless right now. Also one last comment:
If this is not a scum trying to start something against one of the more active players, I don't know what is.
I love how you ignore that I am one of the main proponents of not playing mafia at all yet. I love how you ignore that I never voted any player in this game, nor did I vote you. I love how you ignore that I am not at all trying to get you lynched.

veerus=scum
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:59 am

Post by sirdanilot »

ebwop:
Lawrencelot wrote:I know for a fact that sirdanilot is way worse at chess than me
did you really have to stab me under the belt here mister? :(
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:36 am

Post by Max »

Abstract Actuary wrote:
Max wrote:Btw, despite the fact the mod hasn't announced it I'm a new replacement. We have 15 days worth of information for us to use to find scum, we no longer should be playing the chess, we should play the mafia
Why?
Because the mafia can influence the moves we make, they have a strategy, so they have the advantage when we play chess, now we are a good deal through the chess game we can now use information that has been gathered throughout the playtime. Though at some points it may be hard to tell who is misleading scum or stupid town we can rattle down a large number of players.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:36 am

Post by sirdanilot »

I vote no. There is no reason not to continue chess and try to win.

If we do get into the mafia phase let's lynch veerus. Because he's scum

Then again there's the problem of having too much information... so that would be a compelling argument to entering the mafia phase.

I'm not sure yet.
Indigo Heron
Indigo Heron
Goon
Indigo Heron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:35 am

Post by Indigo Heron »

I am liking my 2 of my 3 choices: g3 and Ne5
If we use 15. g3,

15. g3 Bf5 16. Qe3 Nd6 17. Bxb4 Nc4 18. Bxc4 Bxb4+ 19. c3 dxc4.

And we are looking good for the win.

if we use 15. Ne5,

15. Ne5 Qc7 16. Be3 Nd6 17. O-O-O Bf5 18. Qb3 Nc4 19. Bd2

Looks deadlocked, but with an eventual exchange of possession of the d3 square, White can still win.

I'm wanna confirm Qe3 first before I post.
最愛心。。。
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:08 am

Post by veerus »

Ne5 leads to a deadlock position. We're a pawn up therefore we need to trade down to make that advantage more pronounced.
-Fight Club
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Sending out prods...
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

veerus wrote:Ne5 leads to a deadlock position. We're a pawn up therefore we need to trade down to make that advantage more pronounced.
said the scum

Also IH I'd advise against looking 5 turns into the future. It doesn't really help.
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:07 am

Max wrote:
Abstract Actuary wrote:
Why?
Because the mafia can influence the moves we make, they have a strategy, so they have the advantage when we play chess, now we are a good deal through the chess game we can now use information that has been gathered throughout the playtime. Though at some points it may be hard to tell who is misleading scum or stupid town we can rattle down a large number of players.
Max, we are winning the chess game right now, despite any influence from scum. There is no reason to change our strategy. Also, we have the luxury of stopping the chess game and switching to mafia on the town's time. So if we do start losing control of the chess game we can always stop and start playing mafia at that point. But until then we are in more control of the game if we continue with the chess game.

Abstract Actuary wrote:Ok, I think we need to get all of our pieces developed now and castle our king, or move him to the d file.

If they play Nxd2 and we play Qxd2 they can't play Rxf4. I would also consider Ne5 here.

Still, I think I like Be3. It puts a piece on the e-file in front of our king and protects the f2 sqaure which is very vulnerable and preventing us from castling queenside and protects the d pawn again.

I briefly considered Ne5 as another way to stop up the e-file and give us a very strong piece of our own, but I think there are more important things to do right now.

Hmmmm, what is our plan after Be3 Bf5?

I guess Qe2 looks alright.
I am still leaning towards Be3.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Max »

You should probably bear in mind that even if we are thinking 5 turns ahead we are giving a significant advantage to scum as they know how not to react for our plan.

On another note Be3 looks better in my opinion
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Prod received.

I haven't had time to look through Be2 yet. I'm still not seeing a compelling case for Be3, though it is better than Qe3, at least.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by veerus »

Be2 gets too cluttered.. why not leave that space for the queen if needed and play g3 instead? Then we can develop the bishop to g2 if we want.
-Fight Club
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:02 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Move: g3
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:03 am

Post by sirdanilot »

still undecided
Abstract Actuary
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Abstract Actuary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:05 am

Ok, looking at it. I'm fine trading away our bishop for their knight. Right now our top priority is safety. We achieve that mainly between development and repositioning our king. Be3 doesn't help us develop, whereas g3 does. I don't like our bishop on e2 as it suffocates our already vulnerable queen so I want to develop it to its right. g3 protects the pawn and moves to develop the f bishop.

Move: g3

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”