Mini 740 - Communiqu├® Mafia 2: Game Over and the Winner is..

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:26 am

Post by dahill1 »

Vote Count

4 - Reecer6: (Juls, hohum, Cybele, Casey)
1 - No Lynch: (roffman)
1 - roffman: (Braeden)

6 - Not Voting: (BSG, Reecer6, Skitzer, Ectomancer, Budja, don_johnson)

12 alive means 7 to lynch

Prodding Reecer. Still needing a replacement!
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Reecer has requested replacement and BSG hasn't picked up his prod yet. I'll start looking for Reecer replacement ASAP, but BSG's last post was 3 days ago so I'll wait a little bit longer
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Budja »

In that case, I very strongly suggest we stop the Reecer wagon now.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Juls »

Unvote.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Casey »

Unvote.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by don_johnson »

good. i am willing to break from this game until we find adequate replacements. unless something changes dramatically, i will be back on the no-lynch wagon.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Budja »

Anyway hohum, any chance of seeing that post-by-post against Ectomancer.

Also I am not going to vote no lynch at this stage. Even if we don't hit scum, we at least remove a distraction.

I mean, our vote tomorrow will probably be more informed but the result of our lynch will probably still be uncertain. We really can't rely on power roles to save us.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:58 am

Post by don_johnson »

Budja wrote:Anyway hohum, any chance of seeing that post-by-post against Ectomancer.

Also I am not going to vote no lynch at this stage. Even if we don't hit scum, we at least remove a distraction.

I mean, our vote tomorrow will probably be more informed but the result of our lynch will probably still be uncertain. We really can't rely on power roles to save us.
the idea is not for power roles to save us. the idea behind a no lynch is to get mafia to reveal a townie by nk. i.e. whoever shows up dead is most likely not mafia. the only way they could be is with a 2 nk scenario, right?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Budja »

Yeah, and that really helps how? :P

That happens anyway whether we lynch or not.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Budja wrote:Yeah, and that really helps how? :P

That happens anyway whether we lynch or not.
we avoid a possible mislynch.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by Budja »

Oh, come on, that's a lame reason and you should know it. If it were true, no-lynch would be a viable strategy for normal games.

The only relevant difference that this game here is no-reveal so we don't get the result of our lynch. I was unsure at first, but now I believe that this is insufficient reason not to lynch today.

We have the chance to lynch
our
choice today. Whether that turns out to be scum or town, we have at least removed a distraction and we should think of it as such.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:42 am

Post by don_johnson »

Budja wrote:...

Oh, come on, that's a lame reason and you should know it. If it were true, no-lynch would be a viable strategy for normal games.

The only relevant difference that this game here is no-reveal so we don't get the result of our lynch. I was unsure at first, but now I believe that this is insufficient reason not to lynch today.

We have the chance to lynch
our
choice today. Whether that turns out to be scum or town, we have at least removed a distraction and we should think of it as such.
sorry, but i disagree. i have already agreed to removing a distraction(i.e. lynching reecer), however, if we lynch someone because we think they are scum and then don't find out whether or not they are, the day 2 bandwagon analysis will be convoluted(not sure if that is thr right word.) tainted? my point being is that mislynches favor scum in every game except for the fact that they can be called out for their reasoning as to why or why they weren't on a wagon once the lynch's alignment is revealed. why lynch if we are not certain? the information gained will be much less advantageous than it is in a normal game.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:40 am

Post by Casey »

I'm still here, I'm waiting on replacements, and I'm losing interest in this game. Nothing's happening and I can't solve a damn thing.

I have total apathy towards deciding who we lynch / no lynch. I just want something to happen.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:25 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Hello there, I'm replacing Reecer. I'll be able to reread later on this evening.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:39 am

Post by dahill1 »

As you can see Flameaxe replaces Reecer6.
Still searching for Ecto replacement.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Budja »

My point is we have to lynch sooner or later and while power-roles, and mafia kills I guess, will narrow down our search, we will most likely lynch a "non-confirmed" potential scum in the end.

You could use your case for day 1 for subsequent days, which makes it seem that you are relying on power roles (bad idea) and the knowledge gained from mafia kills (which are WIFOM really :P).
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:13 am

Post by don_johnson »

i understand what you think, but i do not plan to push a "no lynch" agenda past day 1 without due cause. i just don't think it would be a bad way to start this game of "no reveal". but, whatever. i am interested to get some commentary from the replacements.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:08 am

Post by roffman »

I'm still happy with no lynch due to the mechanics of the game, but i'm going to wait for flameaxe to post before i make a final decision
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:40 am

Post by don_johnson »

roffman wrote:I'm still happy with no lynch due to the mechanics of the game, but i'm going to wait for flameaxe to post before i make a final decision
i hope you wait for more than just flameaxe.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Cybele »

Flameaxe, huh? I'm glad dahill1 replaced Reecer with someone competent. :)
unvote
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:08 am

Post by hohum »

Unvote

roffman wrote:I'm still happy with no lynch due to the mechanics of the game, but i'm going to wait for flameaxe to post before i make a final decision
The mechanics of this game have little bearing on whether or not no-lynch is a viable strategy for D1 (hint: it NEVER is)
don_johnson wrote:i understand what you think, but i do not plan to push a "no lynch" agenda past day 1 without due cause. i just don't think it would be a bad way to start this game of "no reveal". but, whatever. i am interested to get some commentary from the replacements.
Please show me a game where no-lynch was a viable strategy in a no-reveal game. Should be an easy task for you to do considering there are no-reveal games run on MS on a regular basis.

no-lynch is never a viable D1 strategy. It could certainly become a viable strategy later on down the road, but that's based largely on game mechanics. If it is a viable strategy because of game mechanics (which won't change) on D1, why not any other day?

Vote: don_johnson

I'm sick of this discussion taking place, and I'm tired of you pushing this horrible idea on the rest of us.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:33 am

Post by don_johnson »

i am not pushing this idea on the rest of you. also, i don't know how to "prove" it a viable strategy. it just makes sense to me. scum kills a townie night 1. we start the game on day 2 with a "confirmed townie". we can then analyze the interactions of said townie with other players from day1 much like we would analyze a "townie bandwagon" in a regular reveal game. its not much, but it is a slight advantage.

if we lynch someone and they are not revealed, we really don't have as much to analyze. also, it may be a viable late game strategy as well if we don't figure this out. sorry, but i've never been in a "no-reveal" game before.

your vote is interesting, though. what is scummy about suggesting an idea and sticking to it? also, can you cite examples of what you are describing as me "pushing" this idea? so out of all day 1 you think i am scummiest for suggesting a no-lynch? scummier than the others who are agreeing with me? what exactly sets me apart to garner your vote?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:37 am

Post by hohum »

don_johnson wrote:i am not pushing this idea on the rest of you. also, i don't know how to "prove" it a viable strategy. it just makes sense to me. scum kills a townie night 1. we start the game on day 2 with a "confirmed townie". we can then analyze the interactions of said townie with other players from day1 much like we would analyze a "townie bandwagon" in a regular reveal game. its not much, but it is a slight advantage.

if we lynch someone and they are not revealed, we really don't have as much to analyze. also, it may be a viable late game strategy as well if we don't figure this out. sorry, but i've never been in a "no-reveal" game before.

your vote is interesting, though. what is scummy about suggesting an idea and sticking to it? also, can you cite examples of what you are describing as me "pushing" this idea? so out of all day 1 you think i am scummiest for suggesting a no-lynch? scummier than the others who are agreeing with me? what exactly sets me apart to garner your vote?
We'd have a confirmed townie anyways, regardless of whether we no-lynch or not. The odds are better in our favor tomorrow if we lynch. It doesn't change the fact that the NK produces a confirmed townie.

Your idea holds about as much merit as a wet paper bag holds water so to continue pushing it is indeed scummy.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:40 am

Post by hohum »

it's either ecto or don_johnson which need to go at this point. I'll post more on ecto (including the PBPA) once his replacement comes, so that it doesn't get lost in the conversation beforehand.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Budja »

I don't really see much on don. His push of no-lynch is not really scummy considering that I can see his point of view and seriously considered it as did many others. A no-lynch is probably not as bad here as it is in a normal game but it is still not a good move.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”