Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:34 am

Post by hewitt »

Empking wrote:
hewitt wrote:
Rin Twisted wrote:Empking, insulting people does not = scummy behavior. Total nulltell. You'll find town and scum alike who have agressive playstyles.

How about you tell us what you think about other people besides Dej?

@Kmd, I know that's what caught your attention. I think meta's useless, and wish other people wouldn't muck up the game with it. I was anticipating a series of meta scum posts that I would have to wade through to get at any real substance for the game and the thought of it made me want to groan out loud. I don't know that there's any real way for me to convince you of this, but that's how it is.

<3 to everyone here for making this such a fun and active game. Special <3 to kmd: I will forgive you for being completely wrong about me and come chat you up about game theory as soon as this game ends. :D And to hewitt, for caring enough about this game to come to play even while drunk. That's some impressive dedication right there. 8-)
Haha I'm not sure if it was dedication or stupidity but it seems like I got my point across kind of clearly so that's good at least.

Empking, you're wrong. You haven't made a case at all it's a point not a case and a fairly weak one at that.
What is a case?

Can you quote one of your own cases from this thread?
I haven't made a case on anyone yet but I've formulated good opinions, ideas, and I've contributed positively to this game so far. Much more so then you have and you frustrate me because you're saying that you're helping...when you're not.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Empking »

hewitt wrote:
Empking wrote:
hewitt wrote:
Rin Twisted wrote:Empking, insulting people does not = scummy behavior. Total nulltell. You'll find town and scum alike who have agressive playstyles.

How about you tell us what you think about other people besides Dej?

@Kmd, I know that's what caught your attention. I think meta's useless, and wish other people wouldn't muck up the game with it. I was anticipating a series of meta scum posts that I would have to wade through to get at any real substance for the game and the thought of it made me want to groan out loud. I don't know that there's any real way for me to convince you of this, but that's how it is.

<3 to everyone here for making this such a fun and active game. Special <3 to kmd: I will forgive you for being completely wrong about me and come chat you up about game theory as soon as this game ends. :D And to hewitt, for caring enough about this game to come to play even while drunk. That's some impressive dedication right there. 8-)
Haha I'm not sure if it was dedication or stupidity but it seems like I got my point across kind of clearly so that's good at least.

Empking, you're wrong. You haven't made a case at all it's a point not a case and a fairly weak one at that.
What is a case?

Can you quote one of your own cases from this thread?
I haven't made a case on anyone yet but I've formulated good opinions, ideas, and I've contributed positively to this game so far. Much more so then you have and you frustrate me because you're saying that you're helping...when you're not.
Then stop moaning at me for not making perfect cases.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:52 am

Post by hohum »

Enough with the quote pyramids guys. We don't need you to rehash the entire discussion every time you post.

@Empking: We have a right to moan at you, because you making bad cases doesn't help us if you're town. You're only going to get yourself lynched.
Rin Twisted
Rin Twisted
Townie
Rin Twisted
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Rin Twisted »

Empking wrote: Zwet, KMD are town. You're scum.
Okay. What do you have back these three statements up?
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:32 am

Post by dejkha »

I'm not trying to get on Emp's case again, but seriously, he's just gonna be the same way the whole game. He's behavior and logic is naturally scummy and flawed. You'll be in a never ending loop of asking him questions that he won't properly answer and it'll always end up with him asking for quotes. Unless you just give up on him, that's more than likely how it'll go.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:23 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Empking, don't make definitive statements like you did. The only way you can really know that is if you were scum.
Not a dayvig.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:33 am

Post by hohum »

ac1983fan wrote:Empking, don't make definitive statements like you did. The only way you can really know that is if you were scum.
Way to reiterate what everyone else is already saying. Got any original thoughts floating around up there in your head that you'd like to share with us?

Thanks.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:39 am

Post by ac1983fan »

hohum wrote:
Way to reiterate what everyone else is already saying. Got any original thoughts floating around up there in your head that you'd like to share with us?

Thanks.
Posting what I think, even if it's already been said, is better than not posting anything.
Not a dayvig.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:41 am

Post by hohum »

ac1983fan wrote:Posting what I think, even if it's already been said, is better than not posting anything.
Actually posting to make yourself look busy is scummier than lurking. We're 10 pages into the day. Surely there must be SOMETHING you can comment on.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:24 am

Post by ac1983fan »

hohum wrote: Actually posting to make yourself look busy is scummier than lurking. We're 10 pages into the day. Surely there must be SOMETHING you can comment on.
I'm posting when I have something to say. I'm not "making myself look busy", and I don't know how you got this impression. Of course, it doesn't help that this game got 10 pages of posts in less that four days, so I haven't been able to keep up with every little event. But, I digress, I've looked over the thread, and noticed the following things:

-People have mentioned AWA's total lack of game-relevant posts, but nobody's said anything about kreriov's almost total lack of game relevant posts.
-mufasa has said he's busy, but still, it seems like he knows what's going on, cause he's said things like "good discussion", so i wonder why he wouldn't comment on what's going on. Unless he's scum trying to get away with lurking by making posts which look somewhat
-Ztife comes off as scummy in this exchange:
Ztife wrote:
Imho scums would likely lie low and try to draw attention away from them, discussions are always pro-town, and right now zwet and empking are looking kinda lying low to me.
zwet wrote:Ztife, how exactly am I lying low?<snip>
Ztife wrote:Also, doesn't it seems like your activity suddenly went up, and suddenly you post a big post after I accused you of lying low? Feels almost too defensive imho.
Ztife, How can you accuse Zwet of being too defensive? accusing anybody of something they haven't done will likely elicet a defensive response.
Not a dayvig.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Mufasa »

Phew big week is all done, ok reflection time:

Really guys is it necessary to be batching each other for previous games you played with each other, leave the personal crap out of this game, we should be worrying about how people are playing the game at hand not how they played in the past.

Happy late birthday to you zwet btw.

on another note, yes my previous posts have been rather short, just based off I was a bit busy, and secondly most of the stuff you guys were talking about at the time was personal, and a lot of it didn't have any relevance to what I need to look at to determine who is scum.

I have noticed that some players are playing a rather amusing game, and I love how there are pairs that have had Conflicts in the past so we could have conversation spark up now :)

Other than that I am going to
unvote
my random vote at this time, and will make a more acute decision who I will vote for later in the day. Chao
AWA
AWA
Goon
AWA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by AWA »

Sorry guys, I've been swamped with schoolwork, and I've got a concert on Saturday (tomorrow), so a lot of my time has gone into that. I'll try and post a lot more often, and I'm sorry for having lurked so long.

That said, I've read through the current 10 pages' worth of discussion, and I'm sad to see that, for the most part, it amounts to so much slandering and personal attacks, instead of true scumhunting. Please, lay off of Empking and anyone else who may be have been personally attacked, so that we can actually play.

The main thing I noticed that was semi-game-related was the request for scum meta. First off, I'll present mine:

My first game ever, I was scum. I won because a few particular townies got themselves looking mighty scum, and we (the scum) just added fuel to the fire. Didn't we, Zaz? :wink:

Anyway, I believe that requesting (and presenting) scum meta serves two purposes: one, as mentioned previously, is to see who is readily willing to give away their scum strategies, and who isn't. Secondly, it allows a game to get started relatively easily by bring a real-world element into it, and breaking the figurative ice.

As it is, I don't really have a read on anyone as of yet. I know that there are a few less-than-honorable actions occurring, which I would prefer to end, lest I suspect you from a psychological standpoint, and that there is little actual scumhunting going on. I'll try and contribute as much as I can, and I would like to play in an active, focused game.
Show
Generation
: The
first
time you see this message, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

You just lost The Game.

My name is Glenn Dawson. I'm a noun.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Kreriov »

I think every post I have made is game relevent. There has been quite a bit of posting in the last 24 hours! Hell, I just logged on and have not even read pages 8 and 9. Most of which has been posted since I last logged on last night. At first glance most of it looks like meaningless drivel and rehashing. Some people do not like Empking, Empking thinks he is a great mafia player, hohum randomly questioning people, and so on.

I would second AWA and say attacking Empking is a waste of our time. I think we should go back and see which of hohum's question have been answered and which haven't and make sure they get answered.

I am currently out of town on my brother's laptop and will be able to do this myself much more effeciently when I am back in my office on Tuesday if no one else does.
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

ZTife, I'm pretty sure that I was posting often before your post blatantly lying about my activity level. Mufasa, my birthday was in October. Empking, WTF. If you're not going to attempt to post something remotely useful then shut up. Hewitt, the reason I'm not letting the scum meta thing go is that there is no other point of view. It's scummy to even think that not posting your scum meta isn't a scumtell is debatable. Rin can't defend against something that isn't debatable.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by dejkha »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Hewitt, the reason I'm not letting the scum meta thing go is that there is no other point of view. It's scummy to even think that not posting your scum meta isn't a scumtell is debatable. Rin can't defend against something that isn't debatable.
You realize you pretty much just proved him right, except you don't even have the capability to see the other side like he thought you did...

Zwet, you're wrong. There is another side and it's not a matter of opinion, so there's no point in arguing it.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by Ztife »

Zwet + ac >
zwetschenwasser wrote:Happy Birthday!
zwetschenwasser wrote:I was scum in a newbie game. I replaced in and it wasn't hard to manipulate the town into losing at LYLO. *coughKMDcough*
Before my post, you had 6 posts, half of them which were posts like that did not have too much content into it.

Then after my post on page 7, you had 7 more posts on page 7, and 9 posts on page 8. That's a total of 16 posts you made, which is twice the amount of posts you made in a span of 5 pages before i accused you of lying low. Is 16 posts in 2 pages compared to 6 posts in 5 pages a spike in activity?

Not only that, you seem to want everybody to comment on what I said about you, possibly to draw attention back to me. Which is therefore the reason why I wrote this post.
zwetschenwasser wrote:It means "Posted Right Under for Truthery". Dejkha, what are your thoughts on my comment on Ztife, and what do you think about the Rin/KMD debate? This game isn't just Empking and you, you know.
zwetschenwasser wrote:Dej, please elaborate on your attack on Ztife.
I didn't accuse you of being mafia, I'm just saying that mafias usually try to lie low, you could very well be a townie avoiding being lynched D1. It could also be because of your login patterns and the rest/timezones etc. Its just that it seems that way to me. Thus, like I said, it was a minor observation, not accusation, when I said you were lying low. And then I said you "seemed defensive", which in itself implys that you seem to be defensive, but it might not be the case. In which the reasons for I've just stated.

So ac, do you still think zwet is being defensive or that its just a natural response?

Emp > While your posts are short and your points are straightforward, i'm considering if you actually read all the posts carefully. You seem to be the kind of scum (if you were) that would be really hard to detect if it sort of gets into our head that "hey, he's just like that". And why are you making such a big fuss about whether its a "case" or a "point"? Im not sure if you realise that most people don't feel you made a very strong argument to be even considered a case, but instead of trying to explain why is it a case with game-related reasonings you give reasons like "thats why I said its a short case". Any particular reason why you feel so strongly that its a case, so that we might all look into it?
Empking wrote:Yes, I think not trying to help the town to win is scummy.
Please elaborate on
- How is Dej showing that he is not trying to help town win? (eg. not wanting to play the game etc.)
- Which posts in particular gives you that feeling?
- Why do you feel that reason alone is strong enough to consider Dej as scummy?

Do give us an explaination. At this point of time I'm highly considering to change my vote to you, since your posts all smells scummy, and even if you were town, I feel like during the later parts of the game it will be bad for town since your voting reasons are weak (to me) and something that the scums can take advantage of.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Post by Empking »

Kreriov wrote: Empking thinks he is a great mafia player, .
Quotes please.

Ztife: His posts, his last one, only scum have a motve for it.

Ac & Zin: I was asked my opinions I gave my opinions. Zin, if you don't want answers don't ask them or ask Dej.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Post by Empking »

Kreriov wrote: Empking thinks he is a great mafia player, .
Quotes please.

Ztife: His posts, his last one, only scum have a motve for it.

Ac & Zin: I was asked my opinions I gave my opinions. Zin, if you don't want answers don't ask them.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:33 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Behold how ZTife misreads my words. FYI, I'm ultra active in all of my games, not just this one.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:53 am

Post by ZazieR »

The 'What's the definition of a case' votecount:

Kmd4390(1) - dejkha
ac1983fan(0)
dejkha(1) - Empking('s alt)
hohum(0)
Darkcoffeejazz(0)
zwetschenwasser(0)
Kreriov(0)

Rin Twisted(2) - Kmd4390, zwetschenwasser

Ztife(0)
hewitt
Empking(1) - hohum
AWA(1) - Ztife
Mufasa(2) - Kreriov, maadneet

Not voting(5) - ac1983fan, Rin Twisted, hewitt, AWA, mufasa

With 13 alive, you'll need 7 votes to lynch.
Note: Green indicates closest to lynch.

Kreriov's V/LA till tuesday has been noted. I'd appreciate it if you guys could bold it or PM me about it next time.

As for KMD, it's the thought that counts ;). You know that you are one of the players who gets some <3s from me. I'm also looking forward to our future games and have really enjoyed myself with our past games. And thanks for the compliment.

As for AWA, those were the good times. Luckily for you, you won with me, while another player in this game lost to me when I was scum :D.

Anyway, carry on now.

EDIT: I'm probably not online tomorrow, so please behave while I'm gone.
Last edited by ZazieR on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ignore the ''R''
Rin Twisted
Rin Twisted
Townie
Rin Twisted
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:21 am

Post by Rin Twisted »

Ac & Zin: I was asked my opinions I gave my opinions. Zin, if you don't want answers don't ask them or ask Dej.
@Empking- is 'Zin' me? I do want answers, which is why in my last post to you I asked you to elaborate. You feel that I'm scum, and that Kmd and Zwet are town but you haven't said why you feel this way. I'm asking for you to explain your thought process in the decisions you've made. I can't ask Dej to explain how your mind works.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:29 am

Post by Empking »

Yes, you're Zin. You didn't ask me to explain my thought process, you asked me to prove I thought them.

KMD: Trying to put pressure on you in a very pro-town manner.
Zwets: Trying to get information for the town.
Rin: Trying to stop the town from getting info.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:59 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Empking, you seem very certain that Rin is scum, yet your vote is on dejkha. That doesn't make much sense to me.
Not a dayvig.
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Ztife »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Behold how ZTife misreads my words. FYI, I'm ultra active in all of my games, not just this one.
How did I misread your words? Please elaborate which words you've said, and what words I've said that cause you to think that I misread them.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Empking »

ac1983fan wrote:Empking, you seem very certain that Rin is scum, yet your vote is on dejkha. That doesn't make much sense to me.
I'm more certain about Dej.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”