Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Plum, you answered caf, but didn't answer me:
elvis_knits wrote:There was always a rival bandwagon to darox, which makes it very interesting to note which wagon people chose. First I was rival bandwagon to darox, and then des was the rival wagon. Plum was on both these rival wagons. Both rival wagons were close to succeeding and overtaking the darox wagon. Plum was looking anywhere for a lynch but at Darox.
elvis_knits wrote:
Plum wrote:
Glork wrote:Zen, after EK said I don't think we can get a des lynch together before deadline, Plomzh lobbied for EK to veigh in on Dezh again. I really think zat Plomzh vos again lookink for somebody to shift to Dezh so zat he vood bekom ze deadline leench.
I'll respond to this right away because I happen to clearly remember why I did it: EK's phrasing seemed to suggest that EK might prefer a Des lynch if there was any chance it was possible. I wanted EK to confirm or reject that interpretation, which was the first one that occured to me, so that we could have a clearer general understanding of all players' positions on Des and Darox as we approached a lynch influenced partly by the deadline.
I see plum's away for a few days. When she gets back I would like to know what Plum's conclusions are about me and what I said about des vs. darox lynch from yesterday.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:59 am

Post by caf19 »

SlySly wrote:I had no reason to trust or distrust caf yesterday. Today I feel the burden of proof is on caf to prove town benefits if he wants to sell more lemonade.
So, do you feel there is a reason to distrust me today?
SlySly wrote:If caf is town, he needs to tell us how the town benefits from the sales before he can expect us to buy anymore.
I think I've said everything I can about the lemonade before. I don't see why it is more risky to buy it today - it should be less risky really, as there is an increased chance that it does nothing. You have attested to the fact that it had no discernible effect on you, and it had no positive effect on me, apart from that one thing, about which I must remain as silent as the grave. (but I think some people have inferred it) The short story is, buy it if you think I'm town.

SlySly does seem a bit more nervous about getting votes today. Perhaps he could be lynchable.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

caf19 wrote:(but I think some people have inferred it)
Where?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:10 am

Post by caf19 »

Isacc inferred it when he bought it yesterday.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Isacc - Hurry - [Kmd]
Sly - It - [Elvis, Imaginality]
Elvis - Up - [Isacc]

Not Voting - People - [Glork, Plum, , Hascow, Caf, Sly]

Also, I am going on a trip, so I will be V/LA until Sunday. However, I will try to check in before then as I will have some limited access on Thursday and Saturday, but I will definitely not going to be here Friday. So please behave.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Post by SlySly »

caf19 wrote: So, do you feel there is a reason to distrust me today?
You have given me no reason to trust you today.
caf19 wrote: The short story is, buy it if you think I'm town.
The short story is I am going to need a good reason to buy any lemonade today. "buy it (lemonade) if you think I am town" is not going to cut it today, at least for me.

Yesterday I had a few things to prove that I don't feel I need to prove again. I am not going out of my way to draw votes on me as I was yesterday. Those actions yesterday served their purpose yesterday.
caf19 wrote: SlySly does seem a bit more nervous about getting votes today. Perhaps he could be lynchable.
I am not nervous about being lynched today. For the third time, if everyone wants to try and kill the strong, healthy sasquatch in his prime, let's do it and get it out of the way so we don't waste the time that was wasted on such a fruitless act yesterday. Otherwise, let's get to actual scum hunting, which is what most players seem to be choosing to do today.
caf19 wrote: until the last few hours when his posts start to be of the "oh hai, maybe Darox is scum after all" tone.
Did Darox's answers, or lack thereof, to my questions at the end of yesterday make you feel that he was town? His answers got scummier and scummier as the deadline approached. I had a hunch he was town but I was wrong and not shocked at his scum flip after his failure to fulfill his promises.
caf19 wrote: Isacc inferred it when he bought it yesterday.
What exactly did he infer? Could you please point out the post(s) number(s) where this inference took place? I have been unable to locate it.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Isacc wrote: Maybe it's the meds talking, but I think I'll Buy: Lemonade. I've had town reads from you so far, so I think
letting you live another day
is a good plan. Hopefully I won't regret this once I'm off my meds.
This? Do you die if you don't sell 3 cups of lemonade?
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:14 am

Post by caf19 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Isacc wrote: Maybe it's the meds talking, but I think I'll Buy: Lemonade. I've had town reads from you so far, so I think
letting you live another day
is a good plan. Hopefully I won't regret this once I'm off my meds.
This? Do you die if you don't sell 3 cups of lemonade?
I neither confirm nor deny this.

>_>
<_<
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Buy lemonade

I'm more interested in seeing caf scum hunt than I am in talking endlessly about lemonade. This whole lemonade thing is distracting. I'm still wary of it, but w/e. If I die, I die.

The other two people who bought it yesterday should buy it again. Then we can stop talking about the lemonade for a while.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Glork »

I am back, bot I might not have ze chance to read ze thread ontil tomorrow. Apologies to oll.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:50 am

Post by SlySly »

I'm not buying lemonade today unless I am presented a very protown reason to. Caf has not given me any reason to think he is protown. If he dies if he doesn't sell enough lemonade, he should have been trying harder to prove that he is protown.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:24 am

Post by Mirth »

Just because I'm gone doesn't mean y'all should stop talking. Seriously. Get on with it, or when I get back home, there will be a deadline. That is all.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Vote Plum

She's had a week to respond to me and hasn't done so. She's gotten on and responded to others, but not to me.
Talk nerdy to me.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'm assuming the lemonade keeps Caf alive or he would have just told us it doesn't.

Just to be sure, I'm going to ask this.

Caf, does lemonade give you and extra vote?

(Note that I highly expect the answer to be no. Caf has hinted that he can't tell us specifically what it does, but if he can answer no to this, it confirms that lemonade keeps him alive. If Caf can answer no to this, I will gladly buy lemonade. Also, if at any time we want to lynch Caf, we can just refuse to buy lemonade instead.)
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:00 am

Post by caf19 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Caf, does lemonade give you and extra vote?
No.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Buy lemonade
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:06 am

Post by SlySly »

Kmd, what is your opinion of EK in this game?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Plum »

My apologies. I've been somewhat short on time (though not completely, as EK noted) and basically have been ontinuing to dread the thought of the megapost I'll have to make, analysing the case on Isacc, the case on EK (I'm leaning towards voting her, for reasons I've stated, though not fully elaborated on, previously) and other stuff.

But first, it seems I've neglected to answer some of EK's questions:
elvis_knits wrote:Plum, you answered caf, but didn't answer me:
elvis_knits wrote:There was always a rival bandwagon to darox, which makes it very interesting to note which wagon people chose. First I was rival bandwagon to darox, and then des was the rival wagon. Plum was on both these rival wagons. Both rival wagons were close to succeeding and overtaking the darox wagon. Plum was looking anywhere for a lynch but at Darox.
elvis_knits wrote:
Plum wrote:
Glork wrote:Zen, after EK said I don't think we can get a des lynch together before deadline, Plomzh lobbied for EK to veigh in on Dezh again. I really think zat Plomzh vos again lookink for somebody to shift to Dezh so zat he vood bekom ze deadline leench.
I'll respond to this right away because I happen to clearly remember why I did it: EK's phrasing seemed to suggest that EK might prefer a Des lynch if there was any chance it was possible. I wanted EK to confirm or reject that interpretation, which was the first one that occured to me, so that we could have a clearer general understanding of all players' positions on Des and Darox as we approached a lynch influenced partly by the deadline.
I see plum's away for a few days. When she gets back I would like to know what Plum's conclusions are about me and what I said about des vs. darox lynch from yesterday.
Was I looking anywhere for a lynch but Darox? Interesting accusation, as I undeniably was on what EK refers to as the 'rival bandwagons'. On page 29, for instance, I notice I'm already voting EK, and that I'm the only one voting her. No one, at this point, is voting Darox at all. It's on this page that the Darox wagon starts; first imaginality then EK vote him in quick succession, mostly for lack of scumhunting, fair enough. EK was one of the first on the Darox wagon - this might be a slight point in your favor, EK. Something I'm having trouble coming to a strong conclusion on is the fact that Darox seems to argue EK's side in the 'Sly's scumslip or not?' case. I'll refrain from spending time on analysing how right either side of that case actually was any more; suffice it to say that on reread the change of subject is there, though possibly not as strong as I'd suspected, and the fact that Sly had already explained why he'd used the phrasing he did only makes EK's subsequent slip look worse. Thus I still find it a point of curiosity that despite the fact that he calls EK out for her assertation that Hadcow jumped in with Isacc's witch hunt, Darox claimed to be slightly suspicious but much more confused. The problem is that Darox said little more conclusive about anyone (aside from Hascow) than that. Still, for someone he said made a 'rediculous accusation' and implying that her vote on Hascow for what he did was out of place, I might expect something stronger. This makes me lean slightly more towards the possibility that EK is Darox's buddy. If so, she bussed early-ish, though at that point he looked as likely a lynch as any besides her own, and I have seen excellent bussing so well-done and early it was undetectable as bussing.

Back to the accusation that I was looking anywhere but Darox for a lynch. I'll count you wrong on the first wagon you mention, as at the time I joined it I'd both expounded on my reasoning and there was no Darox wagon at all. I was on the Des wagon, and yes, at that point it was a rival to the Darox wagon. I hope I explained sufficiently why I was on that wagon and why I strongly believed Des was very scummy.

In the context of Darox, I conclude, EK does not show too many strong signs of sumbuddyhood. Overall, though, my gut and a few incidents with her make me feel she's scummiest.

In regard to what you said with the Darox wagon vs. possibly last-minute Des counter-wagon: If you had proffessed to prefer a Des lynch at that point, after Darox's lynch and flip you would have been, in my mind, either stupid scum (deadline was that night and the general consensus was that Darox was the play,
and
you'd been pushing him for a while) or honest town who reconsidered and legitimately found Des scummier. You supported the Darox, lynch, however, making you either decent scum or honest town. "Honest-to-goodness, Plum," you say, "but that was a useful piece of information! Now we know that . . . EK is either scum or town! What usefulness we have here!" No, my conclusions from your answer to that one question don't happen to be earth-shattering at all on their own they don't give us all that that much. But as the question (am I wrong?) was '"What did you get out of asking that question" the answer is "clarification for myself and anyone else who felt EK had said something somewhat ambiguous, that EK did not believe Des scummier than Darox as the day ended". Is that fact in and of itself conclusive of anything but the above? Not much, sorry.

My conclusions about EK on the whole of it, however, are a bit stronger: I think she's the best candidate for scum on terms of her own scumminess thus far. Re: the carp accusation on Hascow:
Plum wrote:I dropped the issue at its inception, partly because at face value the accusation was so ridiculous and EK had said, if I recall, that she'd been in need of a reread. However, following up, she did not acknowledge that the accusation was inane but attempted to justify it with weak points. Cow's lack of comment on Isacc's plan was in no way ambiguous enough, much less as scummy as the original accusation's tone would imply, to justify considering a vote. Basically, saying that Cow 'went on Isacc's witch hunt against des' is a lie, implying that he did something scummy he did not do is itself scummy, and the weak justifications don't help.
As I've posted before,
Plum wrote:Bit of analysis and responses to EK:
elvis_knits wrote:Is this it? You have a problem with the me seeing sly's slip?
I have a problem that you state with such conviction that it was a slip, because I don't see that it was any sort of explicit tell at all.
elvis_knits wrote:
plum wrote:Imaginality suggested it and EK echoed it in no uncertain terms. When Sly explained the above reason as to why he specified 'you (townies)', she deftly changes the subject. Fos: elvis_knits.
Well, I have noticed that people never like it when I call out slips or tells. I'm not sure why exactly. Maybe it's because other people don't rely on gut-reaction tells as much as I do. I tend to hit on small things that don't make sense to me. Often, a small thing will make me look harder at a person, and either through questions or through looking at their other posts, I get more (or less) convinced of them being scummy. Maybe this is not how other people work?

Anyway, I do sometimes get caught up in wording. Because I think it can show how a player is subconsciously considering themselves. If they are putting themselves in the town group, or out of the town group. That's pretty significant to me. Other things I have seen, a player voting someone they consider town, a player slip and name an exact number of scum in a game. That is pretty much defnitely a scum slip. I try to notice things like that. You may not agree with me. It's not an exact science, but it helps me a lot.

As to "deftly changing the subject" I don't remember doing that.
First paragraph is a long ramble about how sometimes you will hit on small things during the course of your scumhunt, and how people 'never like it' when you call out slips or tells. I don't care either way, just that you're arguing that something is a slip when it clearly isn't. Ramble smacks of subtle meta defense, which I generally consider a fairly mild scumtell.

Second paragraph also contains a fair amount of filler, but whatever: Did you reread the exchange and notice that Sly had two short posts using only 'you' pronouns. The first was directed at Darox. The second was phrased fairly naturally in a sentence structure which required parenthetical clarification as to who 'you' referred to, as in the last post it had been Darox, not the town at large.

Deftly changing the subject:

You accused Sly, in no uncertain terms, as having shown a scum slip. Sly commented in his usual kinda useless way, and you told him you were suspicious of the fact that he didn't include himself in the 'town' group. Sly elaborated. Instead of either continuing the argument, or ending it with a statement that 'I still see it as a slip/sorry, my bad' and continuing on, you turned to a completely different subject. You made an incorrect accusation, discussed it, and, Sly having elaborated, you ignore the discussion on your bad accusation and turn the conversation towards Sly's apparently evolving degree of claimed lynch-proofness. He'd already shown it to be varied and/or evolving, at any rate. If you'd been suspicious he'd been lying, you might have brought it up before. As it is, it looks like a convenient attack to pick up when your attack fell flat due to its incorrectness.
Those are the main points in my case on EK, though I might have forgotten to note less major points. I may do a reread of EK but unfortunately my time will be somewhat limited until Wednesday, though I'll be about for anything current.

Right now I'll take the liberty to
Vote: EK

Mod: There are Nine alive and by my count seven votes in play, though yesterday Glork counted for the majority needed. How many votes will be needed to lynch today?
That would be telling. :P

Also, Kmd seems to have somewhat convincingly proved that Caf's lemonade sales may be instrumental in keeping Caf alive. I'm willing to buy, as Caf hasn't struck me as noticably scummy yet, and he doesn't look worthy of death yet. I'm starting to be less worried about detrimental effects, as none have shown themselves so far, though I wouldn't really put anything past our Mod.

Buy Lemonade
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:52 am

Post by SlySly »

Kmd, nevermind. Plum's stupid buying of the lemonade just screwed up where I was going.

Plum, why the fuck did you just buy lemonade when EK, whom you just voted for and for whom you obviously think is scum, is trying to help caf stay alive without some proof that caf is town? Has caf done anything, especially today, that has been protown in any way? :roll:
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by imaginality »

Lost internet connection at home. Will post tomorrow. Currently suspicious of Sly/Isacc/Plum in that order.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by imaginality »

EBWOP: Lost internet connection at home. Vill post tomorrrrrrrrow. Currrrrrrently zuzpiziouz off Sly/Isacc/Plum in dat orrrderrr, yes?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:51 am

Post by SlySly »

I think we are about to have a deadline imposed on us. Thanks, lurkers.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by imaginality »

Ma-ia hii
Ma-ia huu
Ma-ia hoo
Ma-ia haha

Ma-ia hii
Ma-ia huu
Ma-ia hoo
Ma-ia haha

Alo, salut, sunt eu, un haiduc
si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea

Alo, alo, sunt eu, Picasso
ti-am dat beep
si sunt voinic
Dar sa stii, nu-ti cer nimic

Vrei sa pleci dar nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Nu-mã, nu-mã iei, nu-mã, nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Chipul tãu si dragostea din tei
Mi-amintesc de ochii tãi

Vrei sã pleci dar nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Nu-mã, nu-mã iei, nu-mã, nu-mã, nu-mã iei
Chipul tãu si dragostea din tei
Mi-amintesc de ochii tãi
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by SlySly »

blah blah blah, it seems imaginality has somthing to say.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Post by SlySly »

vote:EK

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”