Newbie 736 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Giuseppe
Giuseppe
Goon
Giuseppe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Giuseppe »

Hm... I'm very busy right now, but here are my basic thoughts:

I do think it's rather suspicious/ironic that both of the people Xtoxm advocated to be lynched both ended up six feet under.

For now,
FoS Xtoxm
for that strange ?Coincidence? and drunk posting.

Mod: V/LA until this Sunday.
Just type Giu.
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by VoteAnyoneButMe »

actually, just wanted to say that i would've been a great NK, i fully expected to die ....this clears Porkens/Xtoxm by default? an IC mafia would've killed me by now :)
Stats: W/L/T/A
Town: 1/0/0/0
Mafia: 0/0/0/0
Third: 0/0/0/0
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by image »

@LHNM: So you would've been a great NK, and yet you're still alive. And you, figuring he was dead either way, hammered zin before he posted anything, which both makes you appear more townie and prevents him from slipping up and implicating you as his scumbuddy.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 pm

image: that is good logic. technically what you said could be true in terms of your reasoning...though i am just surprised that i'm still here, that's all.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by image »

LHNM wrote:ehmm no, just the fact that a good case can be made based on my fast hammer, and i'm ready for it!!!
Hypothetically, if zin had flipped town, what would your defense have been?
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:23 pm

image wrote:
LHNM wrote:ehmm no, just the fact that a good case can be made based on my fast hammer, and i'm ready for it!!!
Hypothetically, if zin had flipped town, what would your defense have been?
i don't know if it'd be a defense, but what was going on in my head when i hammered was that i just want the game to get a move on and not die out. 8-)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

Porkens wrote:To me, Zeenon, image, Xtomx, an, sadly (Very Happy) even, LHNM have all conducted themselves with a level of sincerity that gives them a pass for day 1.

IMHO, the scummiest thing to be doing right now is not voting. So i find myself again looking at Sironigous. Also, for maybe the first serious time, I'm looking at zindionne (his fifth post is so bad I can't believe it didn't really register to me before).

I propose this: Hang Sironigous. I'd be surprised if neither/both he nor zindionne are scum.
Vote: Sironigous
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by image »

@LHNM: I'll buy that. I just wanted to make sure that question got asked, in case you knew he was scum and were just hoping that you wouldn't have to defend saying you were able to defend it.
--The Doctor
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Porkens »

?gUYS, GUY,S, GUYS, We killed a scum, this means we can play moar :)
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Sironigous »

@Sir: Any reasoning behind those FoS's?
Eh, just because they weren't one of the people who voted for Zin. ha.

Vote: ZEEnon

Another "temporary" vote.

@Porkens: Wasn't it one of my votes who killed zin?

But I suppose you have an argument.
Trinka Trinka!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

First Vote Count of Day 2:

Sironigous 1 (Porkens)
ZEEnon 1 (Sironigous)

Porkens 0
LynchHimNotMe 0
image 0
Giuseppe 0
Xtoxm 0

Not Voting 5 (LynchHimNotMe, ZEEnon, image, Giuseppe, Xtoxm)

4 to lynch.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Moriarty147
Moriarty147
Goon
Moriarty147
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Moriarty147 »

f
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

Moriarty147 wrote:
f
Excuse me?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Porkens »

OHHH, sorry; I forgot :oops:
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Sironigous »

That's the most unique Bah post I've ever seen. :)
Trinka Trinka!
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Porkens wrote:
Porkens wrote:To me, Zeenon, image, Xtomx, an, sadly (Very Happy) even, LHNM have all conducted themselves with a level of sincerity that gives them a pass for day 1.

IMHO, the scummiest thing to be doing right now is not voting. So i find myself again looking at Sironigous. Also, for maybe the first serious time, I'm looking at zindionne (his fifth post is so bad I can't believe it didn't really register to me before).

I propose this: Hang Sironigous. I'd be surprised if neither/both he nor zindionne are scum.
Pork, classic D1 scum bussing by tacking your newb scum partner (poor zind) along with someone you know is a townie.

Vote: Porkens
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

I went back and reviewed every player's connections with zindionne and Moriarty147. I will quote a lot of things that Moriarty147 (DIonized) said since he is confirmed town, which allows us to examine his posts without fearing that he is mafia. Here are my views so far:
DIonized wrote:Sironigous's 4th vote on image is very suspicious, and his "explanation post" doesn't explain his vote at all. If this were one of the real-life games I'm used to, Sironigous would be lynched by now. But for now:
Strong
FoS: Sironigous

And I would appreciate an actual defense/explanation of your vote, Sironigous, not of other people's.
Sironigous wrote:... Yeah, I don't have one. o_O... It seems like no one else had reasons for theirs either.
Everyone had a reason for voting. If you are town-aligned, you want your thoughts to be made known to everyone so that we know exactly what you think. If we see you voting for someone with no reasons at all, we can only assume that there are no reasons for your vote.
Moriarty147 wrote:Slightly distressed about the early wagon on image. A page 2 wagon that lead up to L-1 for reasons that were pretty much terrible and based on "gotcha"-style wording is not a very good thing to have. Definetly some scum on that somewhere.
Moriarty147 wrote:Sironigous: your explanation of voting image up to L-1 was surprisingly poor, as has been noted by multiple people so far and you don't seem to be actively doing anything towards scumhunting either.
Moriarty147 wrote:I'm most distressed atm by the lurker pair of zindionne and Xtoxm. Especially the latter, as he's supposed to be one of the ICs and therefore should be helpful, instead of not contributing anything for the most part, except for some posts which could easily be construed as very scummy.

zindionne wrote:
FOS: Xtoxm

I dont want to vote for him yet, I would like to give him a chance to talk/claim. but if he doesnt, my vote is heading there as of now.
Not quite sure if this tells us Xtoxm is innocent, or if zindionne was bussing him.
Sironigous wrote:Zin is lurking. I wouldn't mind a lynch on him, but I'd much rather him be prodded/replaced first before we lynch him.

I'd FoS him, but I really don't think those do much so..

mini-FoS: ZIN
I find this really suspicious. He seems too reluctant to lynch him, and doesn't feel that lurking warrants either a regular FOS or a vote.
Giuseppe wrote:I'm not sure if it'll help, but

UNVOTE

I have to go reread the rules to see if that'll save poor Zind from LHNM's idiotic hammer.
This seems like Giuseppe was looking for some way to protect zindionne. Although he may just have been worried that we lynched a power role without allowing zindionne to claim first, it comes out to me as questionable.
Sironigous wrote:At the moment,
FoS: ZEEnon.
FoS: Porkens
The reason why:
Sironigous wrote:Eh, just because they weren't one of the people who voted for Zin. ha.
But image didn't vote him as well. Are you selectively choosing people to suspect? Also, you need to consider that perhaps the scum was on zindionne's bandwagon.
LynchHimNotMe wrote:actually, just wanted to say that i would've been a great NK, i fully expected to die ....this clears Porkens/Xtoxm by default? an IC mafia would've killed me by now :)
How are they clear exactly?

Overall, i'm fairly sure that LynchHimNotMe is town. I don't see why he would hammer zindionne when he was going to be replaced, unless he was extremely bussing him. Also, for those of you that are wondering why I didn't vote zindionne, it is because I wanted to hear more. He did not explain anything to us, nor try to defend himself. I also thought he was going to be replaced, so I held back my vote for a while longer.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Ok, first off, apologies for my drunken post. I consumed a fair amount of alcohol last night, my memory of the incident is lacking.

On to more important matters - Porkens, your vote on Sir is quite pathetic. Sir is town. Kindly remove the vote :)

LHNM is probably town. I'm not going to give you any grief for your actions, either. But do realise it often won't be accepted.

Now, I find the Mori kill quite perculiar. I infact expected myself or Porkens to turn up dead, however I think guiseppe may have given himself away up there. It looks like he's killed Mori with the intention of bringing that attack against me. Killing someone whom another player attacked is a thought that I find newbie-scum tend to think is a good idea, which is consistant with Guiseppe, I believe this is his first game? Well, he said he was new, anyway. If scum's attacking someone, they're trying to get them mislynched, not simply remove then from the game. If the "drunk posting" part was not sarcasm, which is doesn't look like, that is just a poor excuse to add justification to his attack. And I fail to see why, in itself, the people I wanted dead died, when one of them was scum. I hadn't noticed, but Zee does also bring up a good point, and the Guiseppe unvote.

Anyway, i'm happy pushing this right now.

Vote Guiseppe
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I have to go reread the rules to see if that'll save poor Zind from LHNM's idiotic hammer.
Hmm. Having said that, this is not something I would expect from a scum about their scumbuddy.

Zee is the only other person I find remotely suspicious at this juncture.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by image »

On zin's wagon we had:
*Moriarty, confirmed townie.
*Giuseppe, who seemed to actively try to bring the wagon to a lynch. This seems town to me.
*Xtoxm. I don't have much of a read on his vote.
*Sir, who joined the wagon after Giuseppe stated that he'd be willing to unvote if zin got replaced. It seems to me his initial FoS was an attempt to look anti-zin without moving him closer to lynching, and he later voted when it seemed like the wagon would wait for a replacement, who would probably give him a chance & justification to unvote.
*LHNM, who hammered after hearing that zin would be replaced. If he were scum, I expect he would have waited for a replacement, since everyone else not on the wagon would likely have been willing to wait to hear a defense.

Of those on the wagon, I find Sir the scummiest.

Not on the wagon were:
*Myself
*Porkens, whose last post on D1 was
Porkens wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Moriarty147
He had early stated his aim of getting anyone lynched just to move the game forward; however, as soon as a wagon starts building on zin, he disappears. Of course, it could just be that the wagon went through so quickly that he didn't check the game in time to hammer.
*zin, confirmed scum.
*ZEEnon was says he would rather see zin lynched than Moriarty, but would still rather have him replaced. Similar action to Sir, although he didn't jump on the wagon.

Of those people not on the wagon, I find zin the scummiest.

Since zin is dead,
Vote: Sir
--The Doctor
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Sironigous »

Overall, i'm fairly sure that LynchHimNotMe is town. I don't see why he would hammer zindionne when he was going to be replaced, unless he was extremely bussing him. Also, for those of you that are wondering why I didn't vote zindionne, it is because I wanted to hear more. He did not explain anything to us, nor try to defend himself. I also thought he was going to be replaced, so I held back my vote for a while longer.
... But you didn't say anything.

I find this really suspicious. He seems too reluctant to lynch him, and doesn't feel that lurking warrants either a regular FOS or a vote.
...But I did vote him afterwards.
This seems like Giuseppe was looking for some way to protect zindionne. Although he may just have been worried that we lynched a power role without allowing zindionne to claim first, it comes out to me as questionable.
...Are you saying town lynches are ok?
Everyone had a reason for voting. If you are town-aligned, you want your thoughts to be made known to everyone so that we know exactly what you think. If we see you voting for someone with no reasons at all, we can only assume that there are no reasons for your vote.
... What if you don't want the town and mafia to know your reasons?
But image didn't vote him as well. Are you selectively choosing people to suspect? Also, you need to consider that perhaps the scum was on zindionne's bandwagon.
I like image.

Also, yes I am choosing people to suspect actually. Isn't that what explanations are for? I said I liked image earlier.

Sure, scum could be on the bandwagon... But, let's just see where it goes from there.
Trinka Trinka!
VoteAnyoneButMe
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
VoteAnyoneButMe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:37 pm

btw guys...how do you quote multiple posts in one post?..i never knew how to do multiples...:lol:

hmmm...Giuseppe's first post reems of scum juice and Xtoxm makes a good point...but seeing as Giuseppe pushed for zindionne's lynch yesterday..

HOWEVER, it certainly is very odd how Giuseppe immediately referred back to what Xtoxm said D1...almost like he went back specifically looking for that one post...

FoS: Giuseppe

Porkens seems scummy to me too, and to add on to what Sir said, Pork did disappear after the zindionne wagon gained speed.

Overall, today I will be happy with either a Giuseppe or Porkens lynch....I don't think Xtoxm or Sironigus is scum...

P.S. yay I'm most cleared :)
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by image »

@LHNM: To add quotes to your text, type [quote="PlayerName"]The quote here.[/quote] You can add as many as you want in this way. Of course, you need to manually copy the playername and text into the quote, which is less convenient than the quote button...
--The Doctor
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Sironigous wrote:... But you didn't say anything.
I didn't say anything because as I said, I wanted to hear more.
Sironigous wrote:...But I did vote him afterwards.
After his lynch seemed inevitable perhaps.
Sironigous wrote:...Are you saying town lynches are ok?
No, i'm just saying that his post brings suspicion onto him in my mind. You have no obligation to see things the same way I do.
Sironigous wrote:... What if you don't want the town and mafia to know your reasons?
Why would you
NOT
?
Sironigous wrote:Sure, scum could be on the bandwagon... But, let's just see where it goes from there.
You say that scum can be on the wagon, and yet you do not contribute to actually finding those scum.

ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

By the way, LynchHimNotMe, when i quote multiple people/ posts, I usually use the quote button. I take what I want to copy from each post, paste into a note-taking document, and then add what I have to say. I think it's much more convenient than having to type that HTML stuff. (if it even is HTML)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”