Newbie 745 - Town wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Bladewing Vorox »

If you want to know why I play cautiously, it's because I don't want the town to lose someone who can protect people at night. I am the doctor. I didn't wanted to reveal it because I was sure that if I revealed it, I would be killed the following night. But since, I have already two votes on me...
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:13 am

Post by hohum »

*facepalm*

Nobody asked you to claim. We just asked you to up your contributions a little. You've basically just deprived us of an extremely useful power role because the mafia is likely to NK you now.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:15 am

Post by hohum »

that is if you're even telling the truth.

2 votes is not a lot by any stretch.
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:18 am

Two votes is half the number of votes recquired to lynch, so I thought claiming would help me but you're right about one thing, you don't know if I'm telling the truth or not.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:23 am

Post by neko2086 »

I was trying to hint in that last post that you shouldn't claim, but oh well.

I should have specified earlier that only scum and townies w/ power roles tend to ever have a reason to play cautiously, but that even cops and docs should play normally. Oversight on my part.

Typically, a person claims when they're at L-1. Just cause you're at L-2, that doesn't mean you're for sure going to be lynched. More than anything, I just wanted to put you under some pressure, and I'm assuming hohum understood that, though I'm wondering if he was just fishing for your claim.

unvote; vote: Spinach

I believe the claim for the moment. If he's lying, and somebody else is the doc, counterclaiming now is a bad idea.
In Tartiflette We Trust
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:26 am

Post by hohum »

Bladwing: My vote was just a pressure vote, to get you to contribute NOT to claim. You should NEVER claim until someone asks you to, and usually that's not until you're at L-1.

You have to realize in the course of this game you're going to get pressured by people from time to time.
Bladewing wrote:but you're right about one thing, you don't know if I'm telling the truth or not.
If you're lying you should be lynched. If you're telling the truth, you're dead anyways, and you've hurt us considerably on top of that. So you might as well finish the day balls-to-the-wall and do SOMETHING useful.

Unvote

Either way, I'm not going to do the scum's dirty work for them.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:29 am

Post by hohum »

@Bladewing: So how about you start contributing some opinions now, please?
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:36 am

I understood what you are saying.

Actually, I do agree with neko about Spinach. I want to hear more from him, so...
Vote : Spinach

If he convince me he is not a scum, I'll unvote him.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:31 am

Post by hohum »

Bladewing Vorox wrote:I understood what you are saying.

Actually, I do agree with neko about Spinach. I want to hear more from him, so...

I appreciate that you're participating now but please do more than just pressure voting. Who do you think is scummy and why?
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Mufasa »

I believe Spinach is scum, he was very quite day one, and he made the first jump on day 2. Spinach seemed to make himself look like Bronco's friend day one (from previous rounds) to make it seam to us to be impossible for Seamus to be Scum this time around.
Thererfore my vote is for
vote: Spinach
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote count:

Spinch 3 votes: (neko2086, Bladewing Vorox, Mufasa)

Not voting:

Gabe
Spinach
Family:Kostic
hohum

With 7 players it takes 4 to lynch
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Spinach »

Mufasa wrote:I believe Spinach is scum, he was very quite day one, and he made the first jump on day 2. Spinach seemed to make himself look like Bronco's friend day one (from previous rounds) to make it seam to us to be impossible for Seamus to be Scum this time around.
Thererfore my vote is for
vote: Spinach
1. I told you, I was out of town Friday/Saturday, and when I came home my interent was out.
2. What is wrong with having a friend? If I was making it seem like a relationship when it wasn't, surely Bronco would have said something?
3. If I was scum, then why would I have shot my friend?

Also, why all the votes so quick? It makes me more suspicious of Blade/Mufasa, because it would make sense for them, if they were a mafia pair, to try and lynch me real quick.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Mufasa »

@ Spinach you didn't understand what I said, I said that you may have brought up the pregame relationship, and may have killed bronco, and now why would we think that you would kill off someone you had a relationship pregame with, that is what my vote is based off of. I now understand why you were quiet day one, but not ready to remove my vote
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:43 pm

hohum wrote:
Bladewing Vorox wrote:I understood what you are saying.

I appreciate that you're participating now but please do more than just pressure voting. Who do you think is scummy and why?
Spinach -> He and I are the ones who didn't participated a lot anf, if I undertood neko, he may be a cum because he is playing cautiously.
Mufasa -> He is a bit "eager" to play but I think we should keep an eye on him.

I don't have a lot to say about you, Gabe, neko2086 and Family:Kostic.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Gabe »

Bladewing Vorox wrote:What do you want to hear from me ? The ones I suspect the most ? If it is what you want, I can tell you I suspected Mufasa a lot but now I think he is just a bit eager to play this game although I keep an eye on him. I am beginning to be suspicious of neko2086 but I don't have a special reason for this. As for you and hohum, I have nothing to say about you two. You haven't acted suspicious. I don't know what to think of Spinach and Family:Kostic.
Yeah, that's what I wanted to know. I feel the same way about Mufasa.
Really, Neko and hohum aren't acting suspicious so much as just playing well. They are IC's after all. But that doesn't make them cleared, and I'm watching them like a hawk.

Okay, bittersweet truth: I'm up in the snow with no access to the internet for the weekend, and I won't be able to post. I'm leaving now. I'm sorry about this, I'll be back late on Sunday.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Spinach »

Mufasa wrote:@ Spinach you didn't understand what I said, I said that you may have brought up the pregame relationship, and may have killed bronco, and now why would we think that you would kill off someone you had a relationship pregame with, that is what my vote is based off of. I now understand why you were quiet day one, but not ready to remove my vote
So you think I killed my buddy in order to clear myself by saying "Why kill me, why would I kill my friend?"
No. I did not do this.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Spinach wrote:So you think I killed my buddy in order to clear myself by saying "Why kill me, why would I kill my friend?"
No. I did not do this.
Spinach, a few posts earlier wrote:If I was scum, then why would I have shot my friend?

BTW,
V/LA through 3/14
In Tartiflette We Trust
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Spinach »

What I meant was that when I said that, it was not my intention to cover myself up as being mafia. I wasn't saying 'I didn't do this at all!' I was saying 'That was not the purpose of doing that'.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:07 pm

Post by Family:Kostic »

The way I see it, the fact that you (
Spinach
) were friendly with Bronco, and possibly knowing he was not Mafia, gives you every reason to Lynch him during the night...

Obviously, it is only WIFOM theory and should be taken with a pinch of salt as it holds no real evidence to you being or not being Scum.. Nevertheless I think you would be the type who would lynch a friend rather than an enemy in this situation..

BV
seems only to be be forced posting, contributing when he feels he really has to, obviously he has explained why he has been very cautious. But it is anyones guess whether he is telling the truth or not... I still have my doubts....

Others are hard to gague atm..
I will note some quick things though.. If they were Scum:
Neko
, as the most experienced player, would know that laying low would bring immediate suspicion to him. So he would have a
need
to be the one involved in most things in the game, as he has done..
Hohum
, Really have no idea what to think yet, don't suspect you though..
Gabe
, I have detected some subtle friendliness between you and Spinach, not sure if I think it is potential to partnership just yet. Might have to review posts.. I don't think you have pressured each other at all as yet though..
Mufasa..
I think my thoughts on mufasa is common knowledge by now..

Should get time to review events of the past week more closely tonight though.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:31 am

Post by hohum »

I don't like where the Spinach wagon is going. We're rushing to a lynch and it's going to put us in lylo in short order.

There's scum on his wagon, methinks:
Family:Kostic wrote:The way I see it, the fact that you (
Spinach
) were friendly with Bronco, and possibly knowing he was not Mafia, gives you every reason to Lynch him during the night...

Obviously, it is only WIFOM theory and should be taken with a pinch of salt as it holds no real evidence to you being or not being Scum.. Nevertheless I think you would be the type who would lynch a friend rather than an enemy in this situation..
So you admit that your vote is based on WIOFMY logic, yet you cast it anyways even after we mislynched D1, knowing that it's going to put us in a difficult spot on D3. I don't like how careless you're being with your vote.

You were also the first person on the Seamus wagon, for reasoning equally as weak:
Family:Kostic wrote:Not happy with the contribution of Seamus2008 at all, therefore my vote will stay with him until I have solid evidence to vote otherwise.

Anybody have any evidence suggesting someone could be mafia yet? Suspicious activity of any sort..

From what I have seen, Gabe doesn't seem phased to say anything. Fearless in a way, could put him up at either end of the scale and is the most unpredictable so far imo..

He is probably the one I am most suspect of at the moment as everyone else just seems a bit cautious..
Bladewing Vorox hasn't said enough for me to judge him at all..
In the same post you say "Seamus isn't contributing, he's scum" and "Bladewing isn't contributing, null read"

Rereading you in isolation, it doesn't appear that you have had any real justification for any of your actions up until this point in the game.

So I'm going to go with

Vote: Family:Kostic
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 am

Post by Family:Kostic »

Hmmmmm, well Hohum. I am yet to vote for Spinach or anyone during D2..

Also, if you read my previous posts, I have already explained why I initially voted for Seamus..
Family:Kostic wrote: My random vote on Seamus was in hope to get him active and defend himself but it seems to have not worked and i suspect he is yet to show up.
*Post subject: 107

I then proceeded to unvote him..

It is a different issue as Seamus hadn't said anything at all where BV had at least contributed in some form..

You need to read things through a bit better before throwing votes out I think..
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 am

Post by hohum »

I've read you just fine. You missed the point. It's very poor reasoning.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Mufasa »

OK well, seams like an active bunch of people, Well here are my thoughts Spinach hasn't said anything, neko is away, Bladewing no clue, and Gabe really donno either. Been a bit inactive lately.

Spinach is currently in L-1 and hasnt said anything to save himself, in my opinion. Inactive? Hmm, I'm just not sure as of right now.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Spinach »

Mufasa, you asked questions and I answered them to the best of my ability. I don't see how this is not called defending myself. You seem to overlook a lot of things.

As for the activity, I just. . .don't know what to say. I was sure someone was going to put the final vote on me, but then the attention seemed to shift away. . and I was left confused.
(Not meant to sound like I was giving up at any point)
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Well spinach I'm calling you out on a claim and if you convince me your town then I will be more willing to remove my vote on you

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”