PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:26 am

Post by PJ. »

We still have 4 days, There is plenty of time for discussion. Also I'm still of the thought that you are the best lynch Hoopla.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Hoopla »

Panzerjager wrote:We still have 4 days, There is plenty of time for discussion. Also I'm still of the thought that you are the best lynch Hoopla.

Is this still mainly due to your reasoning in
, or do you have any more to add? Is your vote strong enough not to switch to a second choice in the event you can't get me lynched?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:54 am

Post by PJ. »

Yes it's for 187, I may have more to add if I check but No, I would switch to my second choice without it taking much convincing.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:29 am

Post by SensFan »

SensFan wrote:nico still needs to be lynched.
Probab;y pretty self-explanitory, I would think.
SensFan wrote:ZEEnon needs to be slapped.
Thinks that we are all puppets, playing this game for his amusement.
SensFan wrote:gerain is looking scummy.
Looked really bad when jumping on Hoopla, iirc. I know it was around that spot, I can go back and look later, if need be.
SensFan wrote:Shadow hasn't said much of late.
He went from being very scummy to quiet. Not good.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:36 am

Post by geraintm »

SensFan wrote:
SensFan wrote:gerain is looking scummy.
Looked really bad when jumping on Hoopla, iirc. I know it was around that spot, I can go back and look later, if need be.
oh, well, did you disagree with what i said to him? i never actally voted though i dont think.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:40 am

Post by SensFan »

I just looked back.

You assume anyone who's playstyle isn't as overly conservative as yours is scummy.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

Actually, I just haven't had much to say. Is there something in particular you'd like me to address?
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:56 am

Post by SensFan »

Shadow Knight wrote:Actually, I just haven't had much to say. Is there something in particular you'd like me to address?
Everything that's happened...
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

Hm. Off the top of my head, Hoopla seems like the scummiest but I still don't dislike his play enough to want to lynch him. Time to do some reading.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, I almost forgot about xofelf since she was replaced.

Anyway. I think the nicolio wagon is too easy and I find its supporters mildly scummy. I don't remember the specifics of the case against her, but looking through her posts the only overtly scummy/off thing I find is the post in the early game that drew all this attention to her. It seems to me like one of those dumb things that leads to a poor D1 lynch because everyone latches onto it. It's not even that scummy, just bizarre.

Anyway, a few others rubbed me the wrong way a bit in my skimming of players' isolated posts but for now I'm going to stick with my previous suspicions as well as my general dislike of the nicoliowagon.

Vote: ZazieR
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:55 am

Post by Hoopla »

Cephrir wrote:Oh, I almost forgot about xofelf since she was replaced.

Anyway. I think the nicolio wagon is too easy and I find its supporters mildly scummy. I don't remember the specifics of the case against her, but looking through her posts the only overtly scummy/off thing I find is the post in the early game that drew all this attention to her. It seems to me like one of those dumb things that leads to a poor D1 lynch because everyone latches onto it. It's not even that scummy, just bizarre.

Anyway, a few others rubbed me the wrong way a bit in my skimming of players' isolated posts but for now I'm going to stick with my previous suspicions as well as my general dislike of the nicoliowagon.

Vote: ZazieR
Sometimes finding scum is easy - you obviously must have some reason to think she is town-aligned or you wouldn't consider the wagon on her scummy.

I hope your player findings aren't solely the result of isolation reads too - context means a lot. Can you give me a more thorough report on what you think of nicolio?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by PJ. »

@Cephrir: Why do you find Zazier more scummy then Hoopla?
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

geraintm wrote:why is being slow with my votes anti-town?
I was referring to the part 'quiet.'
Why would a town-aligned player want their votes to be quiet if they think that they are voting for scum?
geraintm wrote: lets just say i thought you were over reacting from still having a random vote on yourself.
Overreacting? Asking you why your vote is on me still is overreacting?
Isn't saying that i'm overreacting overreacting on your part?

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:10 am

Post by ZazieR »

Nicolios, could you now also give reasons why you think Khel is town?

Cephrir, it's good to see some content from you. But anyway, what are your arguments? You're saying that xofelf was suspicious, but you gave no reasons.
I was also wondering why you looked at xofelf's posts, but not mine, while I replaced her. If you're wondering why I think that you didn't look through my posts, that's due to this:
Cephrir wrote:I don't remember the specifics of the case against her (Nicolios)
My second and third posts gave comments about Nicolios posts. If you saw my posts, you should have known what the case was against her.

Besides, if you don't like the Nicolios-wagon, then why didn't you give comments after I voted her?

I'd also like to point out that FoS means Finger of Suspicion. So if Nicolios post was only bizarre to you, then why did you FoS her?
Ignore the ''R''
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Mod: Could we get a votecount please?

Cephrir, you are definitely on to something. It seems Zazier and EA both thought Hoopla was fine while Nicolios was scummy, despite the relative similarities of their slipups. Zazier was much more blatant about defending Hoopla, whereas EA didn't mention him once, so I'll

Vote: Zazier

Teaming up on noobs is a classic scumtell.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count Number 8, dedicated to Khelvaster:
nicoliosgotpolio- (3) - ZazieR, SensFan, Hoopla
Hoopla- (2)- Panzerjager, Shadow Knight
ZazieR- (2) -Cephir, Khelvaster
Shadow Knight- (1) - Erratus Apathos
ZEEnon- (1) - geraintm
Panzerjager - (1) -nicoliosgotpolio
Khelvaster- (1)- Charter

Not Voting: ZEEnon
With 12 alive, 7 will lynch.

Deadline March 10 at 4:02 PM EST
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Khelvaster »

oooooh, my bad, mod.

I didn't see a votecount that was posted last page. I feel so stupid now. Sorry about that.

No problem. Some changes needed to be made to it anyway. :D
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Erratus Apathos, while not voting for Nicolios, still suspected her while letting Hoopla off the hook. He decided to target the other noob, SK.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Khelvaster wrote:Erratus Apathos, while not voting for Nicolios, still suspected her while letting Hoopla off the hook. He decided to target the other noob, SK.
Shadow isn't a noob - he seems more competant than the majority of players here.

@ ZEEnon - you don't have a vote cast currently, do you have any thoughts before we get too close to the deadline?

I still think we should be trying to get a majority lynch - having the town's kill decided by 3 or 4 players doesn't seem like a good idea at all. As much as there is still 3 days until deadline, I don't want to end up in a situation where our last-minute chosen lynch claims a power-role and we have to scramble to reselect. And if you consider how weak discussion is currently, waiting for the sake of using all our possible time is just plain stupid.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Khelvaster wrote: Nicol is a weak player. SK is a scummy one, as is hoopla, for reasons I have previously stated. That's the difference, and that is also why I didn't call you out.
Khelvaster wrote: Cephrir, you are definitely on to something. It seems Zazier and EA both thought Hoopla was fine while Nicolios was scummy, despite the relative similarities of their slipups. Zazier was much more blatant about defending Hoopla, whereas EA didn't mention him once, so I'll

Hey Khelv, can you help me answer something;

You think I'm scummy. Instead of voting for me, you elect to vote for someone who defends me. Surely the crime I have committed (in your mind) would outweigh someone with opposing views to what I have done.

Also, why do you think nicolio is innocent?
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

Hoopla wrote: You think I'm scummy. Instead of voting for me, you elect to vote for someone who defends me. Surely the crime I have committed (in your mind) would outweigh someone with opposing views to what I have done.

Also, why do you think nicolio is innocent?[/color]
I think nicolio is innocent because her posts lack the manipulative element I typically see in scum posts. She is using what sounds to her like good logic. Look at her posts, especially the earlier ones: she is really trying to figure things out. She's not pulling any of the typical noob scum mistakes of being overly defensive or knee-jerkish about things and she isn't pushing for bandwagons.

I feel that you are scummy because you're posting a lot of really highbrow stuff and attacking new players. The questions and opinions you are posting are, for the most part, "sifting" posts: you get players to generate responses, then you can attack the ones who have the weakest responses. It is something that I tend to do fairly often as scum--gambits/baits which lead to "evidence" which really is not accurate for basing decisions on.

The reason I'm not voting for you is that if I'm wrong, it's better for the town to lose Zazier than you. I'd like to see who the nightkill is and how the lynch turns out, then work from there d2. In my eyes, Zazier is almost scummy as you, but we lose much less if he's lynched than if you are.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Shadow Knight wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
Shadow Knight wrote:@EA- Are you seriously telling me that you've never been town and gotten talked into lynching a lurker? If so, I guess I have to give you props, but I know I've been on both sides of that one. I have been both scum trying to get a lurker lynched and town being duped into lynching a lurker.
Yes, I've been talked into lynching lurkers. (I haven't been talked out of lynching lurkers yet, incidentally. That means you Cephrir.) But, if town can be talked into lynching lurkers, that must mean there is logic that can convince a townie to vote off lurkers. Why can't the player leading the way be a townie guided by this logic?
Not saying he can't be. I'm saying he shouldn't be. Town is here to hunt scum, not lurkers. While the two groups are not always mutually exclusive, neither are they always synonymous.
Okay, so if your point is just that townies
shouldn't
attack lurkers, rather than
don't
or
rarely
, why are you voting Hoopla for doing it?
SensFan wrote:Read through page 4. How is Nico not lynched yet?
"We're on page four and it's still day one? Do you guys even know how to play this game?"
SensFan wrote:
SensFan wrote:nico still needs to be lynched.
Probab;y pretty self-explanitory, I would think.
Amazing: a six word sentence where one word serves as the message (the message being that he doesn't have to explain why he's voting for nicolio :roll:) and
all
other words serve to dilute that message. For someone displaying shock that she wasn't lynched four pages in, SensFan doesn't appear all that confident.

(Of course, losing confidence here seems to make sense - she hasn't been lynched, so of course it isn't self-explanatory that she should be lynched. And yet, Sens maintains that it is, just in a much more waffly way.)

There is almost no way that Sens is town and honestly believes he is contributing to a Nicolio-scum lynch with posts like these. Today's lynch is still up in the air - if he was even half as certain that Nicolio is scum as he's indicating, there's no way in hell he'd be content to say so little to actually get her lynched, especially now when it's close to deadline and the votes are very close. Bottom line: SensFan isn't interested in lynching scum, he's interested in staying out of the spotlight.
Khelvaster wrote:Cephrir, you are definitely on to something. It seems Zazier and EA both thought Hoopla was fine while Nicolios was scummy, despite the relative similarities of their slipups. Zazier was much more blatant about defending Hoopla, whereas EA didn't mention him once, so I'll

Khelvaster wrote:Erratus Apathos, while not voting for Nicolios, still suspected her while letting Hoopla off the hook. He decided to target the other noob, SK.
Not only does Khelv not even know why I voted Nicolio (it was because she wasn't answering that one question), but he baselessly assigns me another reason altogether. And then he keeps harping on about how Nicolio and SK are newbies for no good reason at all. Newbies are just as likely to be scum as anyone else, so I assume he pulled this dumb "suspecting newbies is a scumtell!" shit out of his ass.

Unvote
Vote: SensFan
FoS: Khelvaster

SK isn't completely off my radar, but I'm a lot less confident than I was before. Cephrir is still suspicious as well. I won't be voting either Hoopla or Nicolio unless someone comes in and posts a clear explanation, which hasn't happened yet and I damn sure don't expect it to start now.

And even then, SensFan is still probably a better lynch.
Do you want your possessions identified?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Uhm, Khel? Please explain your vote again after you've taken a look at my quote:
Zazie wrote:As for now, I'm going to Vote Nicoliosgotpolio
In my opinion she deserves it more than Khel and Hoopla for the reasons given.
Above you see my top 3 of scummy players after I had read the game. I also gave my reasons why I thought that Hoopla is scummy. So where did you get the impression that I thought that Hoopla was fine?
Also, a 'I think W is (newbie)town, therefore I think Y is scum' comment is a classic scumtell, while my vote has a basis. Besides, from the look of your post in which you voted me, you didn't even look at my case against Nicolios.
It's also interested to see that you, just like Cephrir, only make a drama out of it much later after I voted. Why is that?

Actually, you're so damn lying and making BS cases against me and eratus.
Unvote Vote Khelvaster

Look at this:
Khelvaster wrote:So, essentially what you are saying is that voting for the worst players and the noncontributors is scummy, even on the first day.

I must disagree. If you don't vote for the people who made the scummiest slips, who do you vote for? Those who made the second scummiest slips? The best players? Those who are most active?

You're way too experienced for me to reasonably chalk this up to noobness.

Vote: Shadow Knight
Khel, do I need to make a detailed version of your lie from this post and the one where you voted me, or can you spot it yourself? I think you can also find out why your case against me and Eratus is BS from this quote, right? Start explaining!
Can we lynch Khel now?
Ignore the ''R''
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:17 am

Post by PJ. »

@EA: I'm finding Hoopla scummy because he simply wants to lynch weak players, not necessarily scummy ones. He is saying this under the false pretenses of day 1 lynching the person with the biggest slip and he wants to induce this by attacking new players and bad players. This is inherently scummy because only scum would want to look at reactions from a specific player instead of trying to get reactions from the entire game.

Also, in light of Zazier's post I'm gonna have to
Unvote: Vote Kehlv.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:17 am

Post by PJ. »

The above post was Khelv not Kehlv.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”