Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Budja »

No idea, I think it could be anything you said except modkilled. My guess is that it was role-based.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Day 1/Beginning of Day 2

Though you mourn for the lost SOS-dan brigade leader, your work must go on. You've decided to string up Seraphim, and Seraphim you will string up.

Only one problem: Seraphim seems to have gone missing. Time to go on a search, eh?

It doesn't take you too long to find Seraphim, running away towards the wine cellar. You chase, but your target is too fast for you and manages to get to the cellar before you can. No matter, there's only one exit, right? You station guards by the door and go in to find where Seraphim is hiding...

Only to find that your search is, once again, fruitless. No matter how hard you look, you can't find what happened to Seraphim. It's as if he's disappeared.

You ask the men in black for information, but they politely decline. "All in good time", they say.

As you regroup to prepare for the next lynch, you realize something else important: roffman and DrippingGoofball didn't make it back. A quick search reveals another, more grisly truth: they're dead.

DrippingGoofball is the easier body to spot - she's quite a mess, considering that she just got run over by a van. Under the gore, some of you recognize the face of Miyoko "Miyokichi" Yoshimura, friend of Kyon's little sister. What is she doing here?

The search for roffman, however, is fruitless until someone thinks to check on the girls' bathroom. Indeed, that's where roffman died, kneeling over the toilet as if suffering from severe nausea. Severe, fatal nausea, that is. The men in black, after a brief scan, indicate that poison was likely responsible, though lab tests will be needed to confirm. At least roffman's presence here is understandable to most of you. If Haruhi was here, why shouldn't her counterpart Sasaki be here as well?

You ask the men in black for background information on the two dead, and they comply:

Apparently, they figured it out. When those black-suited men brought you to this island, they said that they were sure you were a slider.

They were right, of course. You are a slider. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like your sliding abilities are going to get you out of this... game... the men in black have forced you into.

They might, however, let you win this twisted game... or die trying...

Welcome to Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia,
DrippingGoofball
. You are
Miyoko "Miyokichi" Yoshimura
, and in this timeline you're the slider that everyone has been looking for.

You are a
Townie Modified Doctor
. You have the following special abilities:

Active Abilities:

Find Alternate
- Each twilight, you may target a player other than yourself. If that player is killed by an ability that day, instead that player will be replaced by an alternate-universe counterpart (replacement player).
(In effect, you are a modified Doctor, in the same sense that the Replaceable Townie role from Mind Screw II is a modified Kill-Immune Townie.)

Please note that you may only use one active ability per day.

You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via return PM.
Why are these men in suits bringing you, an ordinary mortal introvert, to this distant mansion? Why are they telling you to kill people? Is it to cull the herd? Humanity has probably overgrown the planet's carrying capacity, after all. Is it for entertainment? Blood sport is popular even now, but aren't wrestling and American football more than enough to sate the masses' thirst for gladiators?

Or, just maybe, is this due to the strange, godlike power that Kyoko claimed you have?

Welcome to Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia,
roffman
. You are
Sasaki
, a middle-school friend of Kyon's (who some people have started to claim is a god).

You are a
Townie Global Roleblocker
. You have the following special abilities:

Active Abilities:

Global Roleblock
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). Any non-lynch action that would resolve during the chosen game day instead fails to resolve, regardless of whether you are alive.
Endure
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). Any game action, including lynches, that would resolve targeting you on the chosen game day will instead resolve on the next game day.
(This ability will fail to resolve if you die before the chosen day, for hopefully obvious reasons.)

You may choose different days for your abilities.
(i.e, you may have Global Roleblock resolve on Day 1 and Endure resolve on Day 3 if you so choose)
You may also choose to have your abilities resolve on the same day, if you so wish.

You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via return PM with the days that Global Roleblock and Endure will resolve.
Not a good day for the good guys, overall. Better change that quickly, before it is too late!

Seraphim, ???, Vanished Day 1
No Lynch Occured Day 1
3) DrippingGoofball, Miyoko "Miyokichi" Yoshimura, Townie Modified Doctor, Run Over Day 1
8) roffman, Sasaki, Townie Global Roleblocker, Poisoned Day 1

Day 2 will begin once I have finished sending results PMs.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Sasaki, where did you go with them today?"

"You wanted evidence to prove that I am not there? We took the train to the city and walked for a few rounds. Tachibana-san is really nice to hang out with. She even talked a lot about her high school."

Sasaki calmly added.

"And, about the incident four years ago."
- The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Sixth Vote Count (aka the "Danger, Danger Will Robinson" Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not Voting (8): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, afatchic

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not FoSing (8): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, afatchic

FoS'es Required to Lynch:

Current Deadline:
March 17, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)
First Mod Deadline Review:
March 10, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)

Something new is amiss with the vote count. Check back in a week for details!
In other news, begin Day 2!
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:05 am

Post by malthusis »

Current Deadline: March 10, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)
First Mod Deadline Review: March 3, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)
I think this may be what he's talking about. I hope it isn't :?

... Oops... fixing that... - Tar
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Percy »

Awesome.

We don't even get to confirm his alignment. Perhaps a Jester role, perhaps townie, perhaps even scum with a special ability.... we have no information on Seraphim.

This makes analysing his lynch even more difficult. It built (initially) with terrifying speed, which should have made everyone suspicious, but it really didn't. No-one was really interested in following up on these leads. The general vibe then changed to "everyone else has already decided (without thinking it through) to lynch Seraphim, so I don't think I can change that! I'll just not think it through and go along with the crowd". Now we're left with
two thirds
of the players, and virtually no more info.

In the absence of anything to work with, I'm going to construct cases against other players. Re-read Day 1, and post your thoughts on your scum suspects. Maybe we can actually play mafia and even kill scum today.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:50 am

Post by malthusis »

I'm starting realize how lucky we are for roffman's ability that will effectively block all the mafia kills on one of these days, nearly giving us a free lynch. I'm going to do a real analysing post (or try to) hopefully later today.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by veerus »

What are the chances that Seraphim was scum? I'm starting to think it's quite possible. He must've known what would happen with his lynch and that it would leave the town in disarray.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Budja »

Well, if we believe what Seraphim said, I think he will return in some form on day 4.
I was expecting a death reveal with would tell us if we made the right choice but I can't say that we made the wrong choice yet.
malthusis wrote: I'm starting realize how lucky we are for roffman's ability that will effectively block all the mafia kills on one of these days, nearly giving us a free lynch.
Kill resolve in twilight :P.

Twilight is simply the last phase of day (after the lynch). - Tar
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Nagato stood in front of me with her legs slightly opened, and it's only now that I notice she's so serious that she even wrote her own name on her indoor shoes. Then, as if chanting a prayer, Nagato mumbled softly,

Code: Select all

SELECT serial_code
    FROM database
    WHERE code='data'
    ORDER BY aggressive_combat_data
    HAVING terminate_mode

'Target name Asakura Ryoko, hostility confirmed. Disconnecting target's organic information interface.'"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Sixth Vote Count (aka the "Majority Rules?" Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not Voting (8): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, afatchic

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not FoSing (8): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, afatchic

Current Deadline:
March 10, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by ortolan »

Hi I'll be postin' soon
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Okay, on a cursory reread, about the only thing I'm really getting caught on is this (post 54):
afatchic wrote:I felt it may actually be better if we just went ahead and lynched him and pretending it was more like a night start,
then
to talk about the possibility of a vig kill and stuff like that, possibly outing Power roles.
Emphasis mine. If that's not a typo, it's an incredibly bad slip (if afatchic is scum).
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by afatchic »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:Okay, on a cursory reread, about the only thing I'm really getting caught on is this (post 54):
afatchic wrote:I felt it may actually be better if we just went ahead and lynched him and pretending it was more like a night start,
then
to talk about the possibility of a vig kill and stuff like that, possibly outing Power roles.
Emphasis mine. If that's not a typo, it's an incredibly bad slip (if afatchic is scum).
Whats bad about that? i was saying i thought it would be better if we went ahead and lynched with little discussion, so the scum don't have Power role reads on anyone, rather then delaying it and talking about a possible vig killing him and things like that.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by afatchic »

Sorry everyone, but Mod will you replace me please? I'm going on a cruise this weekend for a week and think it would only hurt the games for me to be V/La for an entire week, so im asking for replacements in all my games that are still in the early stages, since those should be easy to find replacements for.

If you haven't found one when i get back i'd love to continue the game.

Sorry i didn't think about this sooner.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Post by Budja »

What I really don't like about afatchic at the moment was how he went from that that stance straight to:
afatchic wrote: Okay i have a new idea, since this situation seems to be spurring conversation, and would probably lead to some good scumhunting, i don't like the idea of settling with a seraphim lynch
in one post.

Fos: afatchic

I feel a little bad about FoSing someone who is probably going to be replaced but this is the scummiest thing to me.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by ortolan »

Hey, sorry for belated post.

I think I have actually seen the Dreaming God role in another of Tar's games I read, are they a standard role for his games? If so does anyone know how they usually work?

I'll treat this as a question open to moderator answer... especially since I have a nice MafiaWiki page with a summary of what the role is (not because of this game - I made it because I won the Best Role Scummy for the original) - Tar

Percy, in light of posts 129 etc. expressing you dislike Seraphim being lynched so fast: Do you disagree with the argument that if Seraphim's lynch is a foregone conclusion, then one can't really engage in any meaningful scum-hunting for that day anyway, so we may as well stop wasting time? If so, why?
veerus (131) wrote:What are the chances that Seraphim was scum? I'm starting to think it's quite possible. He must've known what would happen with his lynch and that it would leave the town in disarray.
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but I have some theories about what can't have happened:

forbiddanlight dying can't have been related to Seraphim being voted/lynched.

In Post 96 he was on L-1. I tried to hammer him in 97 but failed because I didn't unFoS. This suggests though that had I FoSed correctly Seraphim would have died, presumably before forbiddanlight.

I don't know enough about Tar to know whether he uses "scripted" events and such, but I don't see how forbiddanlight's death can have been "scripted" to take place at a certain point in day 1 unless it was real-time time based or something, for the same reasons as above- if I'd FoSed correctly then Seraphim presumably would have died then and there, instead of dying after forbiddanlight.

Anyhow, this all might be a moot point if Townie Dreaming God's always work in a similar way in Tar's games- does anyone know?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Zwetschenwasser replaces afatchic. Please welcome him to the game!

New vote count (and activity checks) later tonight. - Tar
User out of ambit.

zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:02 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Tar's dreaming god roles usually don't work that way in his normal games. They usually just have a slew of random abilities they don't know about that they have to unleash every day/twilight. Some of them are pro-town, some are not. It's definitely possible that Suzumiya will come back, especially considering that the first post of the game has not only an alive and a dead block, but a missing block as well. It's probably safe to assume that both of our missing players can somehow be found through an ability or that they will come back on their own sometime soon.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:02 am

BTW, Hi! I love Tar games! :woot:
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

afatchic wrote:
Trumpet of Doom wrote:Okay, on a cursory reread, about the only thing I'm really getting caught on is this (post 54):
then
Whats bad about that? i was saying i thought it would be better if we went ahead and lynched with little discussion, so the scum don't have Power role reads on anyone, rather then delaying it and talking about a possible vig killing him and things like that.
What was bad about it, for those that didn't see it, was that the way it was written (i.e. with the typo/slip/whatever), the post implied that we should discuss vig kills anyway, possibly outing power roles. While probably virtually everyone has a power role, there are obviously some roles that are more helpful than others - for example, cops are generally more useful than hiders. Vigs generally fall into the category of useful town PRs, so it sounded like afatchic was rolefishing.

Zwet: Welcome to the game!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:36 pm

I do not endorse afatchic's post in anyway. I have no idea where the heck he got the vig kill talk or anything. I don't even know if there is a vig in this game. He was probably acting crazy. I do, however, think that there's a role that inverts the voting structure.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Budja »

Well, who do you suspect then at the moment then zwets?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Percy »

Oh, game, I'm sorry. I will post tomorrow for sure!
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'Um.' Tachibana Kyoko followed. 'Next we move onto the main topic.'

After deliberately "ahem"-ing a few times to clear her throat, this esper girl who has an alien and a time traveler sitting on each of her sides revealed a smile of the door-to-door salesgirl.

-We believe the existence of the real god is not Suzumiya-san but Sasaki-san here.-

A bomb dropped suddenly."
- The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya

If I don't see more activity very soon, I'm going to be handing out a short deadline.

EDIT: Prodding the hell out of Panzer. - Tar

The Seventh Vote Count (aka the "Somebody Is Lucky" Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic) (1) - Budja

Not FoSing (7): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, zwetschenwasser

Current Deadline:
March 10, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)[/quote]
User out of ambit.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:08 am

Post by PJ. »

Who exactly disappeared? I missed that part
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Budja »

Then go back and reread :roll:. Seraphim and Forbidden Light disappeared.

Does anyone else apart for Trumpet of Doom actually want to scumhunt? :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”