Newbie 745 - Town wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:35 am

Post by farside22 »

The GM nods as everyone points to Seamus2008.
He is spotting nonsense.

"I'm mafia. hahahahah!"
"Neko is my mafia partner."
Hahahahha
He has obviously fliped his lid. As the GM pulls the noose his card hits the ground.

TOWNIE

Looks like he was insane person but just an ordinary townie

Seamus2008 - Townie - Lynched day 1

Night 1 deadline will be Thursday March 5th, 10:00am PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:17 am

Post by farside22 »

After a weird day and a rough night. People start to go back to the game room to talk about the events of yesterday. However not everyone is here.
Seems broncofanimd was shot during the middle of the night.
I search his pocket and flip his card for everyone to see.

TOWNIE

broncofanimd - townie - killed night 1

With 7 alive it will take 4 to lynch.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Bladewing Vorox »

Another Townie bites the dust...
We're seven and two of us are mafia.
I'm disappointed that Seamus was a townie. I really thought he was mafia.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Spinach »

Why would someone claim Mafia when they are not Mafia themselves?
He/She just wanted to ruin the game. . . how dumb. >_<

Also, sorry about not posting at the end of the last day. I
was
out of town, but when I got back Saturday my internet was broken and I had to wait until Monday to get it fixed. >_< Sorry.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by Gabe »

Oh good, we're back up!

Uh oh, this looks grim. Two townies gone, two mafia still alive... It's time to really get down to business.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Gabe wrote: I'm compiling a short list of my current thoughts on each player individually, and it should be ready by tonight.
Can we get this now?

BV wrote:I was waiting for someone saying something suspicious.
This is possibly the single scummiest thing said thus far, but for now,

vote: Spinach

You gave very little useful input yesterday. Who do you think is scum?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Gabe »

neko2086 wrote:
Gabe wrote: I'm compiling a short list of my current thoughts on each player individually, and it should be ready by tonight.
Can we get this now?
Well, I'd like to spend a bit more time on the list because of recent obvious events. I'm dedicating a notebook to the game, and I'm going to write a new list tommorow (today, I have a huge personal assignment to work on and hardly any extra time, but tommorow is essentially a chunk of free time for me).
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Spinach »

neko2086 wrote:
Can we get this now?

BV wrote:I was waiting for someone saying something suspicious.
This is possibly the single scummiest thing said thus far, but for now,

vote: Spinach

You gave very little useful input yesterday. Who do you think is scum?
Mufasa seems the most to me. He posts a lot of out-of-game content, and yes I know 'he's just an overeager person!' but he is still not clear yet in my book.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Spinach wrote:Mufasa seems the most to me. He posts a lot of out-of-game content
Spinach wrote:There is always Copy + Paste and abbreviations, :P
Spinach wrote:But what will happen when the posts get longer and you have to *gasp* read! and *GASP* Think?!? O.o
Spinach wrote:Cops aren't stereotypically fat and lazy, they have to chase after people and shoot them with tasers!
Spinach wrote:Until the end. :) We were the last ones.
The rest of your posts contain very little content, and absolutely no commenting on who might be scum (except for seamus).

So, anything else?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Family:Kostic
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:34 am

Post by Family:Kostic »

It's not really much to go by but Gabe took the step to put Seamus onto L-1..

Otherwise, Spinach never voted for Seamus. Trying to stay out of the spotlight since you knew Seamus was townie anyway.. no need to vote right.. Just sit back and watch... Scummy action IMO.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Spinach »

The rest of your posts contain very little content, and absolutely no commenting on who might be scum (except for seamus).

So, anything else?
No, not anything else.

*sigh* I realize my posts do not contain very much content. I was told this post-game the last time. All I can say is. . .
I'm working on it.

Otherwise, Spinach never voted for Seamus. Trying to stay out of the spotlight since you knew Seamus was townie anyway.. no need to vote right.. Just sit back and watch... Scummy action IMO.
If I understand correctly, voting him would have killed him, and I was respecting Blade's request by not voting him.
I ask everyone to stop voting for Seamus until he has answered this question. In the meantime, we can continue what we were discussing before he posted and made his claim.
Also, I was out of town/had no internet the rest of the weekend, so I could not post/vote.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Spinach wrote:

So, anything else?
No, not anything else.

*sigh* I realize my posts do not contain very much content. I was told this post-game the last time. All I can say is. . .
I'm working on it.

If I understand correctly, voting him would have killed him, and I was respecting Blade's request by not voting him.
I ask everyone to stop voting for Seamus until he has answered this question. In the meantime, we can continue what we were discussing before he posted and made his claim.
Also, I was out of town/had no internet the rest of the weekend, so I could not post/vote.
out of town doing what? killing poor brancofaninmd?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by hohum »

Did you really have to quote an entire post to ask a question which bears no relevance to this game whatsoever?

I know this is a newbie game and all but I'm going to start calling people out on busy posts when they make them.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Mufasa, Spinach told us he was going to be gone.

Now that you've joined us, perhaps you'd like to give us some insight on the events from yesterday?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by Mufasa »

the events from yesterday do we not all know? seamus was lynched, then the night phase of the game happend, and then we found out Bronco was lynched, and now we are all discussing our dreams we had last night? I think that is common knowledge, or was there something you wanted to ask differently?
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by Gabe »

Alright then, here are a few thoughts/questions of mine. Tell me if I'm doing this right.

Spinach - Honestly, I can't form a full opinion of Spinach because of his (so far) shallow posts. Besides Mufasa, who do you suspect the most?
Mufasa - I'm leaning towards 'townie'. I've played plenty of mafia games at conventions, and a common thing to see is a new player that is overeager to play and gets tagged as 'scum'. I'm not saying that Mufasa is clean, but he's certainly not a prime suspect of mine.
Bladewing Vorox - I want to hear more from you.
Family:Kostic - I'm suspecting you the most right now. Around page 6, you and Bronco had a bit of mutual hostility, and he's dead now. The only reason you didn't keep the pressue on him then was because Seamus made a fatal mistake. Knowing that he was not in the mafia, you voted for him. Now, you're turning your gaze towards Spinach.
hohum - You have voted twice: once for Mufasa, and that was a random vote, and once for Seamus, and that was an obvious vote. You haven't jumped on anybody's back. Who do you suspect the most right now?
neko2086- You are one formidable player, and you're right in the middle of the alignment spectrum for me. Your constant questioning and interrogation of others leaves little room for the give-away accidents that can come with playing defensively.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Mufasa, I was thinking more along the lines of the interactions from yesterday. In other words, who do you think is scum?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 am

IF I was scum... Why would I 'shoot Bronco during the middle of the night' if I was feuding with him, when all it would do would point the finger towards me... Just doesn't add up does it..
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:13 am

Also, I only changed vote because I had enough of Seamus' BS.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Gabe »

Family:Kostic wrote:IF I was scum... Why would I 'shoot Bronco during the middle of the night' if I was feuding with him, when all it would do would point the finger towards me... Just doesn't add up does it..
Then it means that either you made a mistake in night-killing Bronco, or that you're innocent and it was a smart move from somebody in the mafia to turn blame to you.
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:48 am

Gabe wrote:Bladewing Vorox - I want to hear more from you.
What do you want to hear from me ? The ones I suspect the most ? If it is what you want, I can tell you I suspected Mufasa a lot but now I think he is just a bit eager to play this game although I keep an eye on him. I am beginning to be suspicious of neko2086 but I don't have a special reason for this. As for you and hohum, I have nothing to say about you two. You haven't acted suspicious. I don't know what to think of Spinach and Family:Kostic.

neko, why do you think that this ->
I was waiting for someone saying something suspicious.
is scummy ?
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:08 am

Post by neko2086 »

The discussion between Gabe and FK is pretty much wifom. It's not going to go anywhere.

BV- first of all, you FOSed Mufasa early on, but I don't recall you suspecting him at all after that.

Second, it's interesting that you say you're suspecting me now that I'm calling you out on something.

Third, about the quote, it's scummy because this game requires that we all contribute to the game. You're saying that you don't mind sitting back and letting somebody make a mistake. Well, townies are pretty dispensable early in the game, so they have very little reason to want to sit back and watch, whereas scum have more reason to play cautiously.

unvote; vote: Bladewing Vorox

You and Spinach are both playing very cautiously.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:41 am

neko2086 wrote:The discussion between Gabe and FK is pretty much wifom. It's not going to go anywhere.

BV- first of all, you FOSed Mufasa early on, but I don't recall you suspecting him at all after that.

Second, it's interesting that you say you're suspecting me now that I'm calling you out on something.

Third, about the quote, it's scummy because this game requires that we all contribute to the game. You're saying that you don't mind sitting back and letting somebody make a mistake. Well, townies are pretty dispensable early in the game, so they have very little reason to want to sit back and watch, whereas scum have more reason to play cautiously.

I thought you would vote for me and it seems I was right.
First, I kept an eye on Mufasa's posts but I did not said I suspected him after that.

Second, I didn't thought of that when I posted.

Third, I have a reason for playing cautiously but I think it's too early to reveal it although I can reveal it if you want.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:50 am

Post by hohum »

Bladewing Vorox wrote:
neko2086 wrote:The discussion between Gabe and FK is pretty much wifom. It's not going to go anywhere.

I thought you would vote for me and it seems I was right.
First, I kept an eye on Mufasa's posts but I did not said I suspected him after that.

Second, I didn't thought of that when I posted.

Third, I have a reason for playing cautiously but I think it's too early to reveal it although I can reveal it if you want.
I think you should lay your thoughts out on the table, and share with the rest of the group. It's never "too early" to share an opinion.

Vote: Bladewing
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:59 am

Post by neko2086 »

BV, all I want is some thoughts on who you think might be scum. Surely, after 8 pages, there must be something you can find worth commenting on.
In Tartiflette We Trust

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”