Mini 753 - Really Deep South (Game over!)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:41 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Sorry, that's 708, not 703.

Also, http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 171#776171 skitzer fakeclaimed miller

Alright 2 things reading that. 1 skitzer didn't claim right away. 2 he fake claimed vanilla then switched to miller. So that isn't even close to a good claim. ABR is claiming at the start of the day which is stated that millers should claim at the beginning of the day.
Do you know of anyone scum before who claimed at the start of the day before?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:44 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

569 Adel's Nightmare -- had a miller fakeclaim if memory serves.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:45 am

farside22 wrote:Do you know of anyone scum before who claimed at the start of the day before?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:59 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
farside22 wrote:Do you know of anyone scum before who claimed at the start of the day before?
skitzer didn't claim out the gate. I will have to persue Adel's game a bit.
Are you saying we should lynch ABR because of his claim?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

The women have taken over this game. We are in charge now.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Korts »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
farside22 wrote:@DGB: Every game thus far except 1 all miller claims have been town. Can you link games where millers are scum?
Are you serious? You need to be shown games with fake miller claims?
I have never seen a fake miller claim. I have seen a truthful miller claim, if I remember correctly, twice. That's a 2 out of 2 in the other direction than you're suggesting. I have been around for more than a year so I have to ask: how many miller claims, fake or not, (approximately even) have you seen altogether?
scumchat never die
Skander
Skander
Townie
Skander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Skander »

@ Korts and farside: IN your opinons when you see someone claim miller Day 1 does that make them more or less likely to be scum than a random player who has not claimed miller (or does it not change anything)?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:09 am

Post by charter »

I will throw my two cents in here. Seen way more fake miller claims than real ones.

I don't even know what this discussion is for. No one is arguing that ABR is scum because he claimed miller. You guys are letting vollkan off the hook. FOS those arguing this.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Where IS vollkan?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:12 am

Post by charter »

Waiting for suspicion of him to blow over. Not gonna happen while sheriff charter is in town.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

charter wrote:No one is arguing that ABR is scum because he claimed miller. You guys are letting vollkan off the hook. FOS those arguing this.
Very good point charter. I will have to come back on this later.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I agree with continuing to pressure vollkan.

I have asked him questions. If vollkan posts here without answering them, I vote him. If he doesn't post reasonably soon I may still vote him.

Also, malth hasn't answered my questions...
Talk nerdy to me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:17 am

Korts wrote:I have never seen a fake miller claim. I have seen a truthful miller claim, if I remember correctly, twice. That's a 2 out of 2 in the other direction than you're suggesting. I have been around for more than a year so I have to ask: how many miller claims, fake or not, (approximately even) have you seen altogether?
At the top of my head, 7 or 8. I recall clearly being wrong about 2. One was a fakeclaiming townie of all things, maybe even BM... I just know after a while, I decided that I had seen enough miller fakeclaims and giving them the benefit of the doubt was a losing proposition.

So Korts, are you saying that a Day 1 miller claim is a confirmed townie or something? I mean, 100% of your millers are town, right?

Just a month ago, I posted this in MF: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 44#1474244 - much to my surprise, in that thread, and much to my surprise, in this game, everybody would trust millers with their money!

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Korts »

No, DGB, I never said that a miller claim=confirmed town. To me it makes no immediate difference regarding alignment. I don't "trust millers with my money" but neither do I trust anyone else in this game with it.

So get on with actually relevant scumhunting instead of going off on tangential policy lynches.
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Skander wrote:@ Korts and farside: IN your opinons when you see someone claim miller Day 1 does that make them more or less likely to be scum than a random player who has not claimed miller (or does it not change anything)?
Depends when the person claimed and how they answer questions under pressure.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by vollkan »

Korts wrote: vollkan, you
conveniently
ignored this question:
Korts wrote: BTW I see you did the same to charter as I did to elvis. If you think my action was scummy, what is your justification?
On the bolded: Nice to see that we are sticking to objective language.

Anyway, look again at what I said in relation to you doing likewise on Elvis:
Voll wrote:
Korts wrote: OMGUS, OMGUS
Ahem...
EK wrote: I am scum.

Also, vote korts DIE!
Korts wrote:vollkan-elvis pair, gogogo
At least when I make a OMGUS, I have the guts to vote.
It's pretty obvious, but I didn't anywhere attack you labelling a voll-EK scumpair. What I was making a fuss about (with a level of seriousness which I will leave it to your good will to judge) was that you didn't vote with your OMGUS attack.
EK wrote: So, vollkan, are you saying you like the wagon on you? And you liked the speed?
I was saying neither of those things. I was simply asking skander to explain why he claims to
not
like the speed of the wagon.
EK wrote: Just making sure that I'm right about you approving of this wagon.
Well, to state it now, "YES, I APPROVE OF THE WAGON ON ME"
neko wrote: vollkan, is there anything besides omgus behind your vote on me?
My own desire to be amused by casting an ironic "OMGUS-explosion" vote in response to you saying I was being too "defensive" (which, as some of you may know, is a word which sets my scumdar pinging)
ABR wrote: Can I claim Miller? I claim Miller. I am not bulletproof so please refrain from shooting me on the spot. I will not name anyone so foolish and reckless as to shoot unprovoked, but you know who you are. I'm looking at you DGB. And you too, volkan. Although we are friends now, there is no telling if you still secretly want revenge for Peril in Panama.
I'd forgotten all about Panama...until now :Evil:

On the other hand, I am firmly of the view that Millers should claim as early as possible (and this is early enough).
EK wrote: Okay, now explain why you have a crush on vollkan.
It's not really a crush so much as requited love.
EK wrote: I was in a game where vollkan was a miller. Omod mini.

Vollkan, I know you've been a miller. What do you think of ABR's claim?
As I intimated above, I approve of early miller claims (which is exactly what I did in Omod).

My reasoning, if you want it, is basically that a Miller claim is not a viable strategy for scum - it prevents them from keeping their fake-claim options open and is guaranteed to place them under heightened scrutiny. Moreover, it ensures that the scenario doesn't arise of cop. claiming a guilty, only to be met with a truthful miller claim.

Of course, ABR could still be scum. And I don't think Miller claims are a towntell. But I am nonetheless of the view that millers should claim early.
EK wrote: Where IS vollkan?
Since when does one day of not posting warrant this sort of question? :|
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:28 pm

vollkan wrote:My reasoning, if you want it, is basically that a Miller claim is not a viable strategy for scum - it prevents them from keeping their fake-claim options open and is
guaranteed to place them under heightened scrutiny
Given your opinion, which is (surprising to me) shared by many others, how is the bolded part of your statement true? In particular, what kind of scrutiny are we speaking of here, if a player follows the 'rule' of claiming very early?

In fact, some players are suggesting that placing ABR under scrutiny for his claim is to distract from your wagon. Korts, for example, is actively trying to silence me. Your opinion?

Skander
Skander
Townie
Skander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Skander »

farside22 wrote:
Skander wrote:@ Korts and farside: IN your opinons when you see someone claim miller Day 1 does that make them more or less likely to be scum than a random player who has not claimed miller (or does it not change anything)?
Depends when the person claimed and how they answer questions under pressure.
Can you elaborate on that? What timing is more likely to be scum and what timing more likely to be town?

@everyone: How predictable is the miller reaction around here? I see that pretty much everyone that responded refernced their own personal beliefs about miller claims. How easy is it for someone to predict the responses that a miller claim will bring?

volkan:
vollkan wrote:
neko wrote: vollkan, is there anything besides omgus behind your vote on me?
My own desire to be amused by casting an ironic "OMGUS-explosion" vote in response to you saying I was being too "defensive" (which, as some of you may know, is a word which sets my scumdar pinging)
Wait so was it serious or not? Did you vote neko since you didn't like the word 'defensive' or was it to amuse yourself?
My reasoning, if you want it, is basically that
a Miller claim is not a viable strategy for scum
- it prevents them from keeping their fake-claim options open and is guaranteed to place them under heightened scrutiny. Moreover, it ensures that the scenario doesn't arise of cop. claiming a guilty, only to be met with a truthful miller claim.

Of course, ABR could still be scum.
And I don't think Miller claims are a towntell.
But I am nonetheless of the view that millers should claim early.
Bold mine. If they are not a viable strategy for scum why isn't it a town tell?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by charter »

skander wrote:@everyone: How predictable is the miller reaction around here? I see that pretty much everyone that responded refernced their own personal beliefs about miller claims. How easy is it for someone to predict the responses that a miller claim will bring?
I almost universally treat all claims that come when not under serious pressure as null and pretty much just ignore them. If that person has acted scummy enough to warrent a lynch, their claim doesn't get in the way. As for people's reactions, I think farside and DGB's are interesting. DGB says 80% of miller claims are scum, well that right there is a reason for her to go after ABR tooth and nail. 80% IS THE ODDS FROM THE LOINS OF JESUS! Farside made a lot of questioning and then went nowhere with it. I don't even see what she could have done with those questions. Quite suspicious of both of them.
vollkan wrote:Well, to state it now, "YES, I APPROVE OF THE WAGON ON ME"
Straight from the horses mouth, I think he needs another vote.
skander wrote:Bold mine. If they are not a viable strategy for scum why isn't it a town tell?
Good catch, make that two more votes.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Hm. I don't know how ABR's claim can be anything more than a null-tell. This discussion is getting real WIFOMy real fast.

ABR, now that you've made your entrance, could you share some thoughts on who you think is scum?
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Sorry for the double post, but CarnCarn, is that all you have for us so far?
In Tartiflette We Trust
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:32 am

Post by CarnCarn »

neko2086 wrote:Sorry for the double post, but CarnCarn, is that all you have for us so far?
It appears so. I've had little time, so I pretty much skimmed the thread (i.e., didn't read vollkan's wall of texts) and malthusis's posts struck me as the most scummy.

Hope to elaborate on this and to get a better read this evening.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:53 am

Post by roflcopter »

hmm

something about this game makes me think miller is not a terribly likely role

but vollkan still needs to hang

@dgb:
charter is town, y/n?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:42 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DrippingGoofball wrote: In fact, some players are suggesting that placing ABR under scrutiny for his claim is to distract from your wagon. Korts, for example, is actively trying to silence me. Your opinion?
I believe charter tried to silence you first and foremost. Any reason you keyed on korts?
Talk nerdy to me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:46 am

roflcopter wrote:something about this game makes me think miller is not a terribly likely role
Are you questioning Miller Worship?
roflcopter wrote:@dgb:
charter is town, y/n?
Well let's see. According to charter, players that question the Worship of the Day 1 Miller Claim are sketchy, according to charter. And players that question the players that question the worship, but not vigorously enough, are sketchy, too.

Which faction wants to keep millers around the longest?
Which faction most wants to keep
fake
millers around?
How do millers die? By the town's hand, or the scum's hand?
How do fake millers die? By the town's hand, or the scum's hand?

Now, charter wants us all to hush, accept and welcome the miller claim, and get back to the vollkan wagon - and that's an airtight wagon to be sure.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”