Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Srry all been busy with school and the work that goes along with it will catch up around here, lots of action in the last day or two.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Kmd4390 wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote: And there's no reason to be careful with a vote on a player who is at...L-6?
That's exactly what the people in one of my other games have telling me.
It's my vote, I can be as careful as I want with it.
What is the worst that can come from an early vote?

Hint: The answer isn't 5 more people quick vote before you have time to unvote.
I don't know, and I don't really care what you think about my play style. If there's something about voting cautiously that's anti-town, let me know, and I'll kindly adjust my playstyle accordingly. However, I've never seen voting cautiously hurt a town.
It fails the "if everybody did this, could we lynch scum?" test. It hurts if people go back and look at your votes to get a read on you. It doesn't apply enough pressure to who you think is suspicious. And there is nothing that shows a more firm stance than voting/unvoting.

Off the top of my head, that's about it.
I don't quite understand the first bit. If people really need a read on me, they should read my whole post. And anyway, I conviently put my fos's in bold, so they should stand out anyway. And obviously it did apply enough pressure, because it got you to explain your reasoning. And how firm of a stance can you have on page 3?
Not a dayvig.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Dej, I'd have something to say to you if that game was completed. =/

ac,

If this ends up being an extremely active game where we all have too many posts to read through, votes are a good place to look for a read on a player. Especially in vote counts at the end of a day.

Also, FoS is much weaker than a vote.

And the FoS didn't "get" me to explain anything. Asking a question would have been enough.

On page 3, you don't have a guarantee on anything, but you can firmly believe something. You have that as soon as you make a serious, non-RVS vote. This is true because as long as the vote is there, everyone knows that that's where your suspicion lies until you unvote. Basically, a vote says much more than an FoS.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Kmd4390 wrote:Dej, I'd have something to say to you if that game was completed. =/

ac,

If this ends up being an extremely active game where we all have too many posts to read through, votes are a good place to look for a read on a player. Especially in vote counts at the end of a day.

And the FoS didn't "get" me to explain anything. Asking a question would have been enough.

On page 3, you don't have a guarantee on anything, but you can firmly believe something. You have that as soon as you make a serious, non-RVS vote. This is true because as long as the vote is there, everyone knows that that's where your suspicion lies until you unvote. Basically, a vote says much more than an FoS.
I guess that's just where we disagree on the usage of a vote, then. I will use my vote when I fully believe somebody should be lynched for their actions. I will use an fos if someone's action's are suspicious. I do not currently fully believe you should be lynched, I only find you suspicious.
Not a dayvig.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

ac1983fan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Dej, I'd have something to say to you if that game was completed. =/

ac,

I guess that's just where we disagree on the usage of a vote, then. I will use my vote when I fully believe somebody should be lynched for their actions. I will use an fos if someone's action's are suspicious. I do not currently fully believe you should be lynched, I only find you suspicious.
Fair enough. We'll agree to disagree on this.

So the rest of the original point:
ac wrote:The whole point in asking for scum meta is similar to the point of the RVS. The idea with asking for scum meta is that scum are going to be uncomfortable with the idea while townies will be glad to share. Rin came out against it.

Do you believe otherwise?
You said that anyone wanting meta should find it on their own. Why does it hurt to talk about how you play as scum?
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Mufasa »

I've never been scum on any games on this community
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by hohum »

Mufasa wrote:I've never been scum on any games on this community
Are you scum in this one? If so we can give you some good advice
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Mufasa »

haha Hohum, Outside this forum I love to get power roles I just think the mods on this forum don't like me enough to give me a decent role
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mufasa wrote:haha Hohum, Outside this forum I love to get power roles I just think the mods on this forum don't like me enough to give me a decent role
You didn't answer the question.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Kmd4390 wrote: You said that anyone wanting meta should find it on their own. Why does it hurt to talk about how you play as scum?
I just don't really see the point of making other people's play easier. I mean, I highly doubt that meta is even necessary. I don't feel the need for it. But, I can see some of your point in asking for it, I just don't think people who don't wish to post their scum meta are automatically scum.
I personally have no real scum meta, since the only completed games I have were from back when I posted like
this:
ac1983fan, back when he was a lame n00b wrote: unvote vote:ac1983fan
SOMEONE HAMMAH!
so yeah, but seriously, meta isn't necessary, players should not be forced to post it.
Not a dayvig.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Quite Honestly I am not the mafia nor have I been on this community
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

ac, no, players shouldn't be "forced" to give their meta from games where they were scum, but they should have no problem talking about how they play as scum.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by hohum »

Mufasa wrote:Quite Honestly I am not the mafia nor have I been on this community
You realize that god can see you playing this game, right? If you're lying you best repent or roast deep in the depths of hell.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Mufasa »

hohum wrote:
Mufasa wrote:Quite Honestly I am not the mafia nor have I been on this community
You realize that god can see you playing this game, right? If you're lying you best repent or roast deep in the depths of hell.
Haha "Don't bring Religion into these forum" You know where that is from Ho Hum ahhaha
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mufasa wrote:
hohum wrote:
Haha "Don't bring Religion into these forum" You know where that is from Ho Hum ahhaha
Santa is watching too.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by ac1983fan »

Kmd4390 wrote:ac, no, players shouldn't be "forced" to give their meta from games where they were scum, but they should have no problem talking about how they play as scum.
...Well, I guess it all goes back to jumping to conclusions in terms of Rin Twisted. Rin obviously doesn't feel that she should post her meta. If you want meta on her, go look it up yourself. You just shouldn't jump to conclusions like that. At least that's what I think.
Not a dayvig.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

ac1983fan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:ac, no, players shouldn't be "forced" to give their meta from games where they were scum, but they should have no problem talking about how they play as scum.
...Well, I guess it all goes back to jumping to conclusions in terms of Rin Twisted. Rin obviously doesn't feel that she should post her meta. If you want meta on her, go look it up yourself. You just shouldn't jump to conclusions like that. At least that's what I think.
Oh I'm not as worried about what she's hiding as I am about why she's hiding it.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by hewitt »

I would have to agree that it is a little silly to jump to conclusions so quickly but it does bother me a little she's not showing her past games. However, if that's consistent with her gameplay and that's how she always plays then I can understand that better.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Unvote; Vote: Rin Twisted

obvscum
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by dejkha »

hewitt wrote:I would have to agree that it is a little silly to jump to conclusions so quickly but it does bother me a little she's not showing her past games. However, if that's consistent with her gameplay and that's how she always plays then I can understand that better.
Maybe it's because she just signed up a week ago. Unless it's an alt.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

dejkha wrote:
hewitt wrote:I would have to agree that it is a little silly to jump to conclusions so quickly but it does bother me a little she's not showing her past games. However, if that's consistent with her gameplay and that's how she always plays then I can understand that better.
Maybe it's because she just signed up a week ago. Unless it's an alt.
Then why not simply say, "I just signed up a week ago"?
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by dejkha »

Well, all she said was "I really hope no one else does this." She never actually implied whether she could or couldn't, just that she didn't want anyone else to. I think you just took it as a "no" to your request.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by hohum »

she should go join a newbie game if she wants to play the newbie card.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

dejkha wrote:Well, all she said was "I really hope no one else does this." She never actually implied whether she could or couldn't, just that she didn't want anyone else to. I think you just took it as a "no" to your request.
Actually, she said:
Rin wrote:You're kidding, right? I hope you're kidding. I really hope no one else does this.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by dejkha »

That doesn't make what I said any less true =/

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”