ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Zer0ph34r wrote:I find it odd that hohum just claimed out of nowhere without anyone asking him to, he just decided to. Kind of odd.

Vote: Hohum
Read more carefully, I asked him to .

Votecount

hohum (4):
Artem, Azhrei, Shinen_no_me, Zerophear

Artem (1):
hohum

Zerophear (0):
Azhrei (0):
Charrat (0):
Green Crayons (0):
Shinnen_no_Me (0):
ZEEnon (0):

Not votingb (3):
Green crayons, Charrat, ZEEnon

With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Prod count: Green_Crayons, hohum,
Tom
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Hohum... You continue to ignore my existence, and Green Crayons. It's like anyone who you don't like is just non-existent. It's really peeing me off. I've tried to be polite, and you've continued to ignore me. You're an annoying player, and even if you aren't scum, you're so anti-town that you may as well be.

ZEEnon... What the hell? You actually unvoted the guy? What decent reason did he give? I don't see it.

Can someone just hammer and get this over with?

Oh, and
Mod
, half of those prods really weren't necessary, GC, and I think a couple of the others had posted not long before you prodded them. Don't tell us off :P
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:51 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

If hohum flips out mafia, then we know who we should be looking for the next day...
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:46 am

Post by hohum »

Azhrei wrote:Hohum... You continue to ignore my existence, and Green Crayons. It's like anyone who you don't like is just non-existent. It's really peeing me off. I've tried to be polite, and you've continued to ignore me. You're an annoying player, and even if you aren't scum, you're so anti-town that you may as well be.

ZEEnon... What the hell? You actually unvoted the guy? What decent reason did he give? I don't see it.

Can someone just hammer and get this over with?

Oh, and
Mod
, half of those prods really weren't necessary, GC, and I think a couple of the others had posted not long before you prodded them. Don't tell us off :P
Oh sorry, I didn't know either of you were part of this game. I thought you had both been replaced early on by 2 giant holes in the wall. In both cases such a replacement would have been far more effective.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Artem »

hohum wrote: The miller gets a special role PM in the vast majority of games on MS where the roll exists, so if you are miller, then you would and should indeed know it.

The miller role is useful in situations where the cop needs to be confirmed. It works because the miller has to counterclaim the cop when the miller shows up dirty on an investigation. The miller gets lynched, the cop gets confirmed, and the cop's previous investigation results can then be trusted.

Unfortunately things didn't work out to the point where I got a chance to use my role effectively this game. I apologize for that.
The reason it didn't work out how you said it should is because you didn't claim D1 and let the cop(s) investigate you during Night 1. Just sitting there, betting on a chance that some cop will investigate you, gets a guilty and lets us confirm his alignment/sanity by lynching you is not good play. A miller should always claim as early as possible, so the town can decide whether the cop(s) should investigate you or not. In a non-sanity game, it saves the cop a wasted investigation. In a sanity game like this one, investigating a miller may give information about own sanity.

Now I'm not sure if you're just a poor player or a scum trying to hide behind a miller claim on D2. With Zer0 claimed, I'm not even sure if your millerhood is useful anymore. I think the best play may be to lynch you still. In the best case, we hit a scum. In the worst case, we confirm alignment of a very scummy townie.

As a side note, I don't understand why you keep saying that I zeroed in on Alex, whom I haven't touched since the RVS.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Artem »

EBWOP:
Artem wrote: Just sitting there, betting on a chance that some cop will investigate you, gets a guilty and lets us confirm his alignment/sanity by lynching you is not good play.
Moreover, you were betting on a chance that some cop
who may not be sane
would investigate you, thereby may not even getting a guilty in the first place.

If your plan was to confirm a cop, you really should have claimed early in D1.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Artem »

*grumble* *grumble*

Unvote

I'm thinking.

When's the deadline?
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Artem »

Ok, here's the thing.

First, hohum is either scum or a miller. In either case, he's a guaranteed guilty for a sane cop, and a guaranteed innocent for an insane cop.

Since hohum so graciously f***ed up on D1, one thing we can do is keep him alive today for Zer0 (and any other cops who haven't claimed) to investigate. Knowing a result on a certain guilty and their N1 target, they could make a good guess at their sanities. We then lynch hohum first thing on D3 and hope that Zer0 and any other cops have any worthy results.

The problem is that even in the best case (where hohum really is a miller and we don't mislynch today) before we get any useful investigation results, and even those results are not 100% guaranteed.

Screw it.
Vote: hohum

I say we go with the first plan of having Zer0 continue investigating players and/or getting NKd, confirming his sanity.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Artem »

EBWOP:

The problem is that even in the best case (where hohum really is a miller and we don't mislynch today)
we'd be down 3 more townies
before we get any useful investigation results,
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:36 am

Post by springlullaby »

Azhrei wrote:Oh, and
Mod
People I prodded all failed to respect the 48 hours participation requirement. And actually, I've been on the lenient side since the beginning of the game.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Since hohum has decided that instead of actually contributing to the discussion and help the town he will use what remaining time with the town he has to insult players, I have no issue with
vote: hohum

Worst case scenario is that he's a miller town who was bad for day play (for all the reasons people have listed) and bad for night play (because he's a miller). Best case scenario is that he's scum.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 am

Post by hohum »

Green Canyon+Artem == Scum. Mark my words. I can't wait to be proven correct at the end of the game.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:21 am

Post by hohum »

obvscum, at that
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Green Crayons »

... Alright, I'll take the bait.

Why am I obvscum?

Because after giving you plenty of chances to respond to my several points of concern regarding your anti-town behavior you address them with what amounts to a three line "screw you" and, finally having enough of your negative play which is only hurting the town regardless of your true alignment I finally vote you?

You have been absolutely nothing but detrimental to the town in this game. Assuming you turn up town, it's going to be difficult to actually look at your lynch in a critical fashion because there are so many reasons why you need to be lynched. It will be hard to tell if any scum were hiding behind a legitimate cause because they are just that: legitimate. My cat puts more of an effort into getting me to give her an afternoon snack than you did in attempting to dissuade any of the points made against you. And lord knows you aren't attempting to help us out now, even as the noose hangs nigh.

Your case against Art is "He voted for a stupid reason in the random voting stage. SCUMMY. Oh yeah and he voted me. His reasons were crap. I don't want to address them, just take my word for it: they're crap. SCUMMY."

Your case against me is "..." This is the second freakin' time all game you've acknowledged I'm playing. Hell, this is the first time you've actually addressed me directly... and even then, that's a stretch since they seem more like global, generic comments intead of actually addressing any of the points I have put to you.

So, no. You're not allowed to make some sort of vague proclamation based off of crappy or no logic and feel justified. It's bad play as a town. It's bad play for the town. You're either scum or a really bad townsperson who ended up being miller. Either way, you need to go. Good riddence.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Oops, well either way, I'm voting for him for previously stated reasons and I never not vote.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

So, that hammers him, right? I agree with GC that hohum's lynch, should he flips town, won't help us much for the discussion in the next day, as there are good and valid reasons to have voted against him.

However, ZEEnon's suddenly withdraw really draw my attention.
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Charrat »

hohum wrote:make sure you look into some of the people on my wagon when you get a chance. There's scum pushing it, methinks.
hohum wrote:My thoughts on this game so far center around Artem. Please look at him very carefully after I flip, as he has zeroed in on myself and alex for very stupid reasons mostly. He has tunneled on me since the very start of the game.
While I still think you are more likely town than not because of your behavior late D1 (although there was one or two eyebrow-raising moments D2), I am afraid that its probably your aggressive and often flimsy arguments that turned people against you. You say Artem has been tunneled on you since the start of the game, but it is just as easy to see it the other way around, when you pounced on Artem with little good reason early D1 and basically stayed on him ever since.
Shinnen_no_Me wrote:However, ZEEnon's suddenly withdraw really draw my attention.
I concur. It was a surprising about-face.

@ZEEnon, how likely do you think hohum is scum?
Also, when I was re-reading some of the thread, I saw you asked me some questions that I didn't notice before, so I'll answer them now.
ZEEnon wrote:1. what are your views on the lynch of seb456zig? why did you not remove your vote when more people started voting him?
this is your only explanation of voting him:
Charrat wrote:
Vote: seb456zig

For his curious and not-quite-pro-town strategy of hiding his reasons for voting, and for ignoring questions into said strategy.
after that, you say little about him, and keep your vote on him.
FOS: Charrat

2. how do you feel about the nightkill? why do you think the mafia would target him, and who had previous relations with him before?

3. as of now, who do you consider possible mafia or mafia pairings?

side note: curious, how do you pronounce your name Charrat ?
i like to read things out loud so i can understand them better, and i probably pronounce your name wrong all the time.
1. I think seb was the best choice we had on D1, and I don't regreat voting for him. His strategy was highly-questionable.

2. I suspect the mafia Nk'ed alex because he was a relatively strong player who did not draw much suspicion D1. Or, perhaps they picked up some cop-tells from him, I don't know.

3. If I had to pick scum, I would lean towards Green Crayons, Azhrei, and you as more likely scum than the others, and I think that Artem and perhaps hohum are least likely scum.

I don't think there is a wrong way to pronounce my nickname since it is just a made up name. :wink: I usually go with "Cha-rat" rather than "Char-rat" or "Sha-rat"
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Azhrei wrote:ZEEnon... What the hell? You actually unvoted the guy? What decent reason did he give? I don't see it.
I believe I told everyone, I am unfortunately gullible. If he turns up to be town, I will be so disappointed in myself.
Vote: hohum

Since I normally answer posts post by post, I didn't realize that hohum was already hammered.
You may see my above posts to be invalid, but I'd like to keep it there fore reference.
Green Crayons wrote:Since hohum has decided that instead of actually contributing to the discussion and help the town he will use what remaining time with the town he has to insult players, I have no issue with
vote: hohum

Good job on noting the obvious. Trying to seem like you are contributing?
Green Crayons wrote:Worst case scenario is that he's a miller town who was bad for day play (for all the reasons people have listed) and bad for night play (because he's a miller). Best case scenario is that he's scum.
This has already mentioned. It is pointless for you to bring this up again. I think that you are posting to seem like you are adding to discussion.
Shinnen_no_Me wrote:However, ZEEnon's suddenly withdraw really draw my attention.
How does it do so? Are you perhaps scum looking for someone else to bring attention to since the most scummiest player has been lynched? I never said that i didn't suspect hohum. In fact, he was the person I suspected the most. I just kept in mind that there could very well be a miller, and that his claim seemed sincere.
Charrat wrote:Also, when I was re-reading some of the thread, I saw you asked me some questions that I didn't notice before, so I'll answer them now.
Looks like you aren't reading hard enough. If you were a town-aligned player, would you not be looking for any clues that could give away scum?
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Zer0ph34r wrote:I find it odd that hohum just claimed out of nowhere without anyone asking him to, he just decided to. Kind of odd.

Vote: Hohum
Does nobody see stupid reasons for voting? Zer0ph34r has been on the L-1 bangwagon twice !
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:If hohum flips out mafia, then we know who we should be looking for the next day...
Please don't leave your posts in ... without telling us
exactly
what you mean. I'm
assuming
you mean that you 'we' should be looking at
me
? Your vague post comes off as anti-town, as town would want to tell us
exactly
how they feel. I'm starting to get scummy vibes from you lately, Shinnen_no_Me.

MOD: Suppose there is a miller. If he is lynched, will he show up as mafia, or will he show up as a miller?
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

EBWOP:
ZEEnon wrote:
Shinnen_no_Me wrote:If hohum flips out mafia, then we know who we should be looking for the next day...
Please don't leave your posts in ... without telling us
exactly
what you mean. I'm
assuming
you mean that
you
'we' should be looking at
me
? Your vague post comes off as anti-town, as town would want to tell us
exactly
how they feel. I'm starting to get scummy vibes from you lately, Shinnen_no_Me.

MOD: Suppose there is a miller. If he is lynched, will he show up as mafia, or will he show up as a miller?

Azhrei wrote:Can someone just hammer and get this over with?
Anxious much?
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

Zer0ph34r wrote:Oops, well either way, I'm voting for him for previously stated reasons and I never not vote.
The reasons you gave all the way back in day one ?
In case you haven't noticed, you have been voting Charrat so far, and switched to hohum only because of poor reading on your part.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:56 am

Post by springlullaby »

Final votecount of the day

hohum (5):
Artem, Azhrei, Shinen_no_me, Zerophear, Green crayons

Artem (1):
hohum

Zerophear (0):
Azhrei (0):
Charrat (0):
Green Crayons (0):
Shinnen_no_Me (0):
ZEEnon (0):

Not votingb (5):
Charrat, ZEEnon

Today Quietown's justice was swift and merciless. Rigor mortis had yet to set into alexhans' corpse when hohum was marched to the gallow.

"I may look gritty but my heart is pure!" he pled sincerely but to no avail:

"Your aura is of pure ignominy, you are nothing but scummy, and you shall be judged accordingly!"

Hohum,
a miller
, was lynched.

... And someone, somewhere in the crowd, smiled.

It is now Night 2 and you have 3 day to submit your night actions if any.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:15 am

Post by springlullaby »

The night had been unusually long, and, as the townies dragged themselves to town square with still sleep encrusted eyes, morning was looking none too bright.

Zeenon,
a doc
, has been killed.

Day 3 starts

My apologies for the slight delay.

Deadline set to March the 22nd.

With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

I tried to investigate GreenCrayons, but it could not be performed. So, that kinda effs everything up now.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”