bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

mod
please fix my quote tag in 522. I was quoting CF. Thanks
Your wish; my command. ~Vi
The above written statement is pro-town.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Because Rhinox was some super lynch bait, and as scum you don't have to vote someone for them to get lynched. I personally think anyone in this game as scum would have benefited from leaving Rhinox alive, not just SpyreX. I haven't yet figured out who would benefit from him dying. The "he won't get protected" argument doesn't seem like enough. The Spy, "Hey my town reads were right, so you should follow me today," argument doesn't seem likely either, because he could've just as easily let the town lynch Rhinox then made that same play on D3.
Ohh believe me I have no intention to "lead" at anypoint this game. Yesterday irritated me to no end.

I am simply saying: "Hey, guess what? Remember how I said both of them would flip town because those wagons were sttuppppidd? Remember that? Yea."

If, of course, this gets people to look at how pops and huntress are playing (and Rishi isn't), well thats bonus points.

Ready for some amazing NK conjecture? My theory is that pops-scum killed Rhinox for: 1.) trying to implicate me as scum for knowing those two were town and 2.) the obvious knowledge that no way in hell would a watcher-type role if it exists target Rhinox.

So, yea. :P
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Err, i intended my vote as a daystart conjecture rather than a stump some people seem to think it is. I'm def interested in other people.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by iamausername »

Yeah, I'm thinking the most likely explanation for the Rhinox kill is one of these two:

a) SK killed Rhinox because he wanted to avoid being caught by a watcher, and because it wouldn't bother him either way if Rhinox flipped town or scum.

b) Scum (of either type) killed Rhinox specifically to setup the WIFOM of "why would scum kill Rhinox?" so they could push a bullshit case on someone based on a theory of why that person would kill Rhinox, and his name is popsofctown. (Yes, I am fully aware of the inherent hypocrisy of this argument.)
Huntress wrote:
popsofctown wrote:What's an even better explanation for odd killage like this is scum avoiding dead-ending. When you yourself, the scum, has publicly fingered someone as town, you know it will be hard to lynch that person since they can't help that lynch along.
Good point.
It really, really isn't. SpyreX was getting along just fine pushing the underdog pops wagon yesterday, so why would Rhinox's survival change that today? Either the suspicion of Rhinox from yesterday would be enough to get him lynched today without scumSpyreX's help, or the growing support for the pops agon towards the end of the day would continue enough to get him lynched today. From the position that pops is claiming to hold, that's a town lynch either way, and a strong likelihood of one where SpyreX doesn't get his hands dirty by being part of it, so why would he think scumSpyreX would want to avoid that situation?
popsofctown wrote:And the fact that multiple people have said "oh spyrex is scummy" in passing without saying why (maybe that was just one person but it's still fishy) makes me suspicious of him, quite possibly they are scumpartners. Worst-case-scenario their townie guts are agreeing with me.
Why say "multiple people" at all when you know that is a lie?
popsofctown wrote:Err, i intended my vote as a daystart conjecture rather than a stump some people seem to think it is. I'm def interested in other people.
Who? Why?

Also, this:
popsofctown wrote:I couldn't really think of anyone who had rhinox fingered as town, except, just now, Spyrex!
is pretty lol, given such quotes as these:
popsofctown wrote:i don't think Rhinox is that scummy though. Not as of now.
popsofctown wrote:As i said earlier, the lynching of Rhinox is a theory point that i was open to discussion with. BC has a convincing explanation of how i still need to feel Rhinox is somewhat scummy to justify his lynch. Right now, i'm not sure he is.

bionicchop2 wrote:My suspects #2-4 after RC were - in order - Moriarty, Rishi, OGML. This puts me down in the bottom/middle of my list for suspects that are viable lynch options for me today. I still feel fairly strong in my read on Pops. I won't debate those voting him today, but I will probably not be voting him unless there are no other options.

As I said, I think Spyrex has played fairly town, so I don't see myself voting him ATM. That leaves Jahudo, CF and Huntress for me to look at closely.
~If I was invisible
Then I could just watch you in your room
If I was invincible
I'd make you mine tonight
If hearts were unbreakable
Then I could just tell you where I stand
I would be the smartest man
If I was invisible
Wait, I already am~

iamausername wrote:Weren't you voting Rhinox over RC purely because you thought he was a scum power role, but that both were scum? What happened to that?
OGML, these questions would still like answers.

Vote: popsofctown
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

popsofctown (L-3) ~ SpyreX, CF Riot, iamausername

SpyreX (L-4) ~ popsofctown, Huntress
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
bionicchop2,
Huntress, iamausername,
Jahudo,
CF Riot,
Moriarty147, OhGodMyLife,
popsofctown,
Rishi,
SpyreX

[size=0]bionicchop2 - 0 | Huntress - 0 | iamausername - 0 | Jahudo - 0 | CF Riot - 0 | Moriarty147 - 0 PROD1 1 | OhGodMyLife - 0 | popsofctown - 0 | Rishi - 0 PROD1 1 | SpyreX - 0[/size]
First Deadline Review: Sunday, March 15 2009
Current Deadline: Thursday, March 19 2009
Last edited by Vi on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

lol. Your name had less notes under it than huntress or jahudo, so I missed it when I scrolled down my notes. You can add yourself to the 4some if you want.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

iamausername wrote: It really, really isn't. SpyreX was getting along just fine pushing the underdog pops wagon yesterday, so why would Rhinox's survival change that today? Either the suspicion of Rhinox from yesterday would be enough to get him lynched today without scumSpyreX's help, or the growing support for the pops agon towards the end of the day would continue enough to get him lynched today. From the position that pops is claiming to hold, that's a town lynch either way, and a strong likelihood of one where SpyreX doesn't get his hands dirty by being part of it, so why would he think scumSpyreX would want to avoid that situation?
When i read this, i kind of had to agree that i've been debunked.
unvote: spyrex
Maybe my interpretation of the night actions was a bit omgussy. I'm not scum though, btw.
iamausername wrote:
popsofctown wrote:And the fact that multiple people have said "oh spyrex is scummy" in passing without saying why (maybe that was just one person but it's still fishy) makes me suspicious of him, quite possibly they are scumpartners. Worst-case-scenario their townie guts are agreeing with me.
Why say "multiple people" at all when you know that is a lie?
Uh, wow, this is really hostile. I thought it was more than one person, it might have just been one. I don't know why you assume that
i know
exactly one person said it. By what evidence did you decide i knew exactly one person said it but put it the way i did anyway? There's a lot of hypocrisy in your post really, since you are "lying" about a lie i didn't tell, and the hypocrisy you admitted to.

Huntress: Why do you think Spyrex is scum?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Jahudo »

Pops:
popsofctown post 348 wrote:<snip>Re: Redcoyote case: no one seems to understand my special treatment of RC…. evidence shows that i can't read him. …. it's safe to say that my general scumhunting analysis of him is useless. The only hope i could have is a meta analysis…..
Since Rhinox could very well likely be the lynch for today, i think i'll be responsible and read some RC town
1) What did this post mean? Did you know if RC-town talked about "aspects unrelated to alignment" or not?
popsofctown post 203 wrote:I still think RC is scummy. His defense is scummy too
2) What does this quote mean? At other times you have clearly stated you can't read RC but here you clearly do.

-------
Slowly finding Rhinox less suspicious:
popsoftctown post 130 wrote:
Vote: Rhinox
I challenged him on appeal to emotion, and more or less all i'm getting is him saying that that's the only defense he has for himself. Issues like totally misinterpreting me (ties in with "scum skim threads") and contradicting himself about his suspicions (ties in with scum aren't genuinely suspicious of anyone) are major issues. Appeal to emotion just makes it worse.
popsofctown post 186 wrote:Either Rhinox or RC is lynchalicious right now. RC needs teh pressure more though.
popsofctown post 276 wrote:Rhinox, you seem less scummy to me right now. But i can't clearly decide if i feel that way because of your massive AtE or because of actual evidence you've shown.
This feels like a big change of opinion from post 130.
3) Why didn't you acknowledge "misinterpreting, contradicting, AtE makes it worse" in later posts? Where did you say these weren't scumtells? It looks like you still believed them in post 186, but not 276.

-------
Slowly finding Rhinox less and less suspicious (Part 2):
popsofctown post 348 wrote:My take on the premature claim is that we probably do need to lynch Rhinox.
I think Rhinox has been scummy.
The original misread and horribly crappy and desperate coverup is lynch reason enough, and the vanilla claim means we really ought to decide whether Rhinox is scum or not.
popsofctown post 370 wrote:
I actually put Rhinox at even money right now
(back at starting point 0), from BC's testimonies and his consistency with the WIFOM logic and AtE.
popsofctown post 383 wrote:
i don't think Rhinox is that scummy though.
Not as of now.
popsofctown post 425 wrote:Right now
i think Rhinox is at random chances for being scum
, or perhaps ever so slightly below even chances.
4) How do you explain the changes of opinion in the parts I bolded? You clearly went form finding Rhinox scummy in post 348 to quickly changing that opinion less than 30 posts later, until you seem to have nothing to say he looks suspicious in post 425.
5) What happened to the reasons given in post 348 to call Rhinox scum?

-------
A) I think its possible pops used "meta" to fake suspicion on RC and justify his vote switch when it seemed like momentum switched from Rhinox to RC, particularly after BC's long post that showed interest switch to RC. The meta gives him a reason to find RC's SK discussion suspicious but it doesn't seem like a confidant enough reason to keep a vote on if RC is at L-1.

B) Pops was claiming he couldn't read RC, which allows him as scum to avoid having to fake scumhunting, but it also makes his vote feel less confidant. Post 203 is one example of him baselessly reading RC as scummy, which is vague and also contradictory if he still claims to be unable to read RC.

C) Early Rhinox suspicions like "misinterpreting, contradicting, AtE makes it worse" were dropped without reason. AtE was downgraded from "makes it worse" to pops being unsure if it's scummy.

D) His Rhinox suspicions went back up when Rhinox claimed, and although he states his vote switch was "on policy" he actually said Rhinox seemed scummy and "desperate coverup is reason enough to lynch". This doesn't look like a policy vote. It looks like a suspicion vote. But when RC looks like a better lynch, pops slowly downgrades his suspicions using baseless valuations like "even money" and "random or slightly below even chances".

=====
Pops looks very opportunistic from day 1, trying to avoid from pushing accusations when he votes and not qualifying his flip-flopping opinion of Rhinox beyond changing his opinion of AtE on a whim. He looks most scummy to me right now but I'll wait from voting until we hear more from him.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:39 am

Post by CF Riot »

bionicchop2 wrote:lol. Your name had less notes under it than huntress or jahudo, so I missed it when I scrolled down my notes. You can add yourself to the 4some if you want.
See what I mean?

@Pops
CF Riot wrote:
popsofctown wrote:Vi, quit giving bionicchop uber safe night-choice-claims!
Expand on this. I don't see what you mean.
popsofctown wrote:Huntress: Why do you think Spyrex is scum?
I do like this though.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Jahudo wrote:Pops:
popsofctown post 348 wrote:<snip>Re: Redcoyote case: no one seems to understand my special treatment of RC…. evidence shows that i can't read him. …. it's safe to say that my general scumhunting analysis of him is useless. The only hope i could have is a meta analysis…..
Since Rhinox could very well likely be the lynch for today, i think i'll be responsible and read some RC town
1) What did this post mean? Did you know if RC-town talked about "aspects unrelated to alignment" or not?
popsofctown post 203 wrote:I still think RC is scummy. His defense is scummy too
2) What does this quote mean? At other times you have clearly stated you can't read RC but here you clearly do.

-------
Slowly finding Rhinox less suspicious:
popsoftctown post 130 wrote:
Vote: Rhinox
I challenged him on appeal to emotion, and more or less all i'm getting is him saying that that's the only defense he has for himself. Issues like totally misinterpreting me (ties in with "scum skim threads") and contradicting himself about his suspicions (ties in with scum aren't genuinely suspicious of anyone) are major issues. Appeal to emotion just makes it worse.
popsofctown post 186 wrote:Either Rhinox or RC is lynchalicious right now. RC needs teh pressure more though.
popsofctown post 276 wrote:Rhinox, you seem less scummy to me right now. But i can't clearly decide if i feel that way because of your massive AtE or because of actual evidence you've shown.
This feels like a big change of opinion from post 130.
3) Why didn't you acknowledge "misinterpreting, contradicting, AtE makes it worse" in later posts? Where did you say these weren't scumtells? It looks like you still believed them in post 186, but not 276.

-------
Slowly finding Rhinox less and less suspicious (Part 2):
popsofctown post 348 wrote:My take on the premature claim is that we probably do need to lynch Rhinox.
I think Rhinox has been scummy.
The original misread and horribly crappy and desperate coverup is lynch reason enough, and the vanilla claim means we really ought to decide whether Rhinox is scum or not.
popsofctown post 370 wrote:
I actually put Rhinox at even money right now
(back at starting point 0), from BC's testimonies and his consistency with the WIFOM logic and AtE.
popsofctown post 383 wrote:
i don't think Rhinox is that scummy though.
Not as of now.
popsofctown post 425 wrote:Right now
i think Rhinox is at random chances for being scum
, or perhaps ever so slightly below even chances.
4) How do you explain the changes of opinion in the parts I bolded? You clearly went form finding Rhinox scummy in post 348 to quickly changing that opinion less than 30 posts later, until you seem to have nothing to say he looks suspicious in post 425.
5) What happened to the reasons given in post 348 to call Rhinox scum?

-------
A) I think its possible pops used "meta" to fake suspicion on RC and justify his vote switch when it seemed like momentum switched from Rhinox to RC, particularly after BC's long post that showed interest switch to RC. The meta gives him a reason to find RC's SK discussion suspicious but it doesn't seem like a confidant enough reason to keep a vote on if RC is at L-1.

B) Pops was claiming he couldn't read RC, which allows him as scum to avoid having to fake scumhunting, but it also makes his vote feel less confidant. Post 203 is one example of him baselessly reading RC as scummy, which is vague and also contradictory if he still claims to be unable to read RC.

C) Early Rhinox suspicions like "misinterpreting, contradicting, AtE makes it worse" were dropped without reason. AtE was downgraded from "makes it worse" to pops being unsure if it's scummy.

D) His Rhinox suspicions went back up when Rhinox claimed, and although he states his vote switch was "on policy" he actually said Rhinox seemed scummy and "desperate coverup is reason enough to lynch". This doesn't look like a policy vote. It looks like a suspicion vote. But when RC looks like a better lynch, pops slowly downgrades his suspicions using baseless valuations like "even money" and "random or slightly below even chances".

=====
Pops looks very opportunistic from day 1, trying to avoid from pushing accusations when he votes and not qualifying his flip-flopping opinion of Rhinox beyond changing his opinion of AtE on a whim. He looks most scummy to me right now but I'll wait from voting until we hear more from him.
I thought i pretty clearly explained my unclear position on Rhinox D1... :? I felt he had committed scummy actions, but after awhile his noobiness and AtE became so consistent i was slowly beginning to think he was town in my gut. But my resulting reaction was hey, that's what AtE is, maybe he's just manipulating me. So i was very unsure about Rhinox and went back and forth.

CFRiot, i was saying Vi was giving easy night targets for BC because BC-scum could easily read the list of who didn't send a night action and pick one. Of course that person can't say "BC is scum because i succesfully performed a night action", because they didn't send one in.

Were there any other questions? If we're not done trying to interpret the kill, i think it might have been a stir-the-pot so that we ignore lurkers.
"Well, I..."
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

popsofctown wrote: CFRiot, i was saying Vi was giving easy night targets for BC because BC-scum could easily read the list of who didn't send a night action and pick one. Of course that person can't say "BC is scum because i succesfully performed a night action", because they didn't send one in.
That doesn't make sense since I jailed OGML who was not included in the no PM list.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Jahudo »

pops: You ignored my questions headed under 1) and 2). Also the AtE was only part of your suspicions of Rhinox as scum. Why did you say he was misinterpreting, contradicting, and had a desperate coverup, but you never pursued these accusations? Why the quick turnaround from post 348 to 370? Your excuse wasn't "he was acting like a noob" in post 276. Why didn't he look like a newbie to you until late in the day?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by Rishi »

iamausername wrote: b) Scum (of either type) killed Rhinox specifically to setup the WIFOM of "why would scum kill Rhinox?" so they could push a bullshit case on someone based on a theory of why that person would kill Rhinox, and his name is popsofctown. (Yes, I am fully aware of the inherent hypocrisy of this argument.)
I totally agree that this is a possibility. I also don't like that pops seems to be backtracking on his suspicion of SpyreX. Does he really think he's wrong or is he just trying to avoid a lynch?

I thought pops was town yesterday, but he's rapidly moving up my scumlist. Have to do a read on Huntress, though.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

SpyreX (L-5) ~
popsofctown,
Huntress
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
bionicchop2, Jahudo, Moriarty147, OhGodMyLife, Rishi, popsofctown
[size=0]bionicchop2 - 0 | Huntress - 1 | iamausername - 1 | Jahudo - 0 | CF Riot - 0 | Moriarty147 - 1 PROD1 2 | OhGodMyLife - 1 | popsofctown - 0 | Rishi - 0 PROD1 2 | SpyreX - 1[/size]
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Moriarty147
Moriarty147
Goon
Moriarty147
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by Moriarty147 »

Still tired (goddamnit midterms), but should be fine now.

Not liking pops at all, from the rather awful case on SpyreX to the mistake about BC blocking someone on the didn't-send-in-PMs list (i.e., he didn't) to the backtracking on said case on SpyreX, to the waffling on day 1 about both RC and Rhinox, etc.

Need to do a reread first before I vote someone, though.
Was yea ra omness chs ciel sos infel...
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

yeah, i misread the no-pms list :( .

Jahudo 1)
Yes, i went back and read one of his games where he was town. He only talked about the game, and shied away from theory discussion.
Jahudo 2)
The quoted part is judgments coming from my meta on how he defends himself as scum. Possibly overconfidented by some OMGUS.

@Rishi: as i said earlier, my thoughts on Spyrex was just a jumpstart for the day, i wasn't fully convinced that that's the only possible interpretation of the night action. IAU made a really good argument for how my interpretation wasn't even good after you account for the fact that any night interpretation is WIFOM. Right now i think the kill was a sort of lurker smokescreen. For people like you, who didn't even bother to send in a night action.

Sometimes i think Spyrex is scum tunneling on me, sometimes i think he's town. I can't tell if he's truly mistaken or not.

@people accusing me of backtracking- please, no. Am i not allowed to be wrong? I never said that my position was a stump, but people immediately started blowing it up and saying i was "taking a position". It was an L-max vote, the only people who made it seem like anything more than a vote on a notion were people misrepping me, not me.
"Well, I..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:09 am

Post by SpyreX »

@people accusing me of backtracking- please, no. Am i not allowed to be wrong? I never said that my position was a stump, but people immediately started blowing it up and saying i was "taking a position". It was an L-max vote, the only people who made it seem like anything more than a vote on a notion were people misrepping me, not me.
I'm not voting for you because you were "wrong". The vote itself was scummy in ohh-so-many ways that, of course, builds upon the same set of actions you took day 1 that I called you out for.

Lets dissect:
Aha!

What's an even better explanation for odd killage like this is scum avoiding dead-ending. When you yourself, the scum, has publicly fingered someone as town, you know it will be hard to lynch that person since they can't help that lynch along.

I couldn't really think of anyone who had rhinox fingered as town, except, just now, Spyrex!, who seems scummy anyway. Spyrex's tunneling on me has been queer, and i don't like how he suggested early in the game that we should be lurker hunting and then does nothing of the kind (scumpartners?). And the fact that multiple people have said "oh spyrex is scummy" in passing without saying why (maybe that was just one person but it's still fishy) makes me suspicious of him, quite possibly they are scumpartners. Worst-case-scenario their townie guts are agreeing with me.

vote: Spyrex

We should get a night action claim from BC, should we not?
1.) You abandoned the Razor for a vote that was not based on, well, anything.
2.) You selectively applied actions that occurred yesterday (SpyreX was the only one who had Rhinox targeted as town).
3.) You say I "seem scummy anyways" - where, yesterday, do you honestly say I am scummy?
4.) You, who are so fond of screaming misrepresent, try to bring up a false-dichotomy in my suggestion of lurker-hunting and not doing it (hint: I was not saying hunt lurkers to the exclusion of everything else in the game. In fact, I specifically said the purpose was so they started speaking up. Which most did.)
5.) You actually say "The fact multiple people have said I am scummy" makes YOU suspicious of me. Who are these multiple people? Why, in the name of everything, would that have any effect?

So, this follows a pattern. A very scummy pattern.

You were all over RC on the grounds of meta. Rhinox for AtE. And now me based on convoluted NK conjecture.

There is a theme there: none of these are, in any way, actual scumhunting. They are fake attempts at it because, get this, you being scum can not actual look for behavioral patterns that lead to scum.

The fact there is a huge cognitive dissonance involved too (you defending yourself based on someone else talking about your meta, the ever-growing AtE's (see I'm not allowed to be wrong), the fluff-hating yet producing it, etc) as I have said more than once paints a scummy picture.

Thus my vote. Wrong is fine, but the reasons for it, well.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:34 am

Post by CF Riot »

<3 SpyreX is gud at this game.

Jahudo
, why do you feel like you need to hear Pops's responses before voting today, when you were considering lynching him yesterday just before deadline? Is there any reason you are choosing to question him before voting, rather than questioning him with a vote on him?

Rishi
, is the question in 537 rhetorical? If not, who specifically would you like to answer this? Why exactly did you feel like Pops was town yesterday? What's tipping the scales for you right now? On a scale from -10 to +10, with 0 being neutral, -10 being obv scum, and +10 being conf. town, where is Pops for you right now?

Moriarty
, what are you looking for in your reread? Why are you hesitant to vote Pops today when you were voting for him all of yesterday?

Thread would like some OGML today.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Jahudo »

@Pops: I feel like you're still avoiding my questions.

Why did you say Rhinox was misinterpreting, contradicting, and had a desperate coverup, but you never pursued these accusations, if only for curiosity because you stated Rhinox was "lynchalicious"?

Why the quick turnaround from post 348 to 370? Your excuse wasn't "he was acting like a noob" in post 276. Why didn't he look like a newbie to you until late in the day?
popsofctown wrote:Yes, i went back and read one of his games where he was town. He only talked about the game, and shied away from theory discussion.
Was that the first time you looked at RC-town?
popsofctown wrote:The quoted part is judgments coming from my meta on how he defends himself as scum. Possibly overconfidented by some OMGUS.
OMGUS on who’s part?
popsofctown wrote:I never said that my position was a stump, but people immediately started blowing it up and saying i was "taking a position".
Do you still feel right about any part of your "conjecture"?

Who was the "multiple people have said 'oh spyrex is scummy" you had in mind when you wrote that post?
popsofctown wrote:If we're not done trying to interpret the kill, i think it might have been a stir-the-pot so that we ignore lurkers.
Do you have other interpretations?
CF Riot wrote:Jahudo, why do you feel like you need to hear Pops's responses before voting today, when you were considering lynching him yesterday just before deadline? Is there any reason you are choosing to question him before voting, rather than questioning him with a vote on him?
I didn’t like how fast that wagon gained momentum when Moriarty, Rishi and OGML hadn’t posted anything substantial. I’d still like to hear more from them but pops if my #1 suspect independent of their absence.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Jahudo wrote:@Pops: I feel like you're still avoiding my questions.

Why did you say Rhinox was misinterpreting, contradicting, and had a desperate coverup, but you never pursued these accusations, if only for curiosity because you stated Rhinox was "lynchalicious"?

Why the quick turnaround from post 348 to 370? Your excuse wasn't "he was acting like a noob" in post 276. Why didn't he look like a newbie to you until late in the day?
My mind fought my gut on Rhinox. My head said he had done textbook tells, my gut said that he was fitting the profile of newbtown and was being consistent about it. Such conflict resulted in flipflopping. I'm not gonna say i didn't waffle D1. All i can do is try to explain why.
jahudo wrote:
popsofctown wrote:Yes, i went back and read one of his games where he was town. He only talked about the game, and shied away from theory discussion.
Was that the first time you looked at RC-town?
He doesn't have a dynasty of games for me to look at. I found
a
game where he was playing town and read it. I do what i can.
jahudo wrote:
popsofctown wrote:The quoted part is judgments coming from my meta on how he defends himself as scum. Possibly overconfidented by some OMGUS.
OMGUS on who’s part?
to be continued, changing comps
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

sorry, will post tomorrow
"Well, I..."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count:

SpyreX (L-5) ~ Huntress
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
bionicchop2, Jahudo, Moriarty147, OhGodMyLife, Rishi, popsofctown
[size=0]bionicchop2 - 1 | Huntress - 2 | iamausername - 2 | Jahudo - 0 | CF Riot - 0 | Moriarty147 - 0 PROD1 3 | OhGodMyLife - 2 | popsofctown - 0 | Rishi - 1 PROD1 3 | SpyreX - 0[/size]
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

Jahudo wrote:
popsofctown wrote:I never said that my position was a stump, but people immediately started blowing it up and saying i was "taking a position".
Do you still feel right about any part of your "conjecture"?

Who was the "multiple people have said 'oh spyrex is scummy" you had in mind when you wrote that post?
One or more, i wasn't sure. Huntress is one.
jahudo wrote:
popsofctown wrote:If we're not done trying to interpret the kill, i think it might have been a stir-the-pot so that we ignore lurkers.
Do you have other interpretations?
BC did it, because he can't shift his position on either me or Rhinox, and he didn't want to get watched. But i don't think that's it, because BC seems clean to me. He went back into my old games and then gave a creepy good read on me. I'm actually probably gonna need to avoid him in other games.
Jahudo wrote:
CF Riot wrote:Jahudo, why do you feel like you need to hear Pops's responses before voting today, when you were considering lynching him yesterday just before deadline? Is there any reason you are choosing to question him before voting, rather than questioning him with a vote on him?
I didn’t like how fast that wagon gained momentum when Moriarty, Rishi and OGML hadn’t posted anything substantial. I’d still like to hear more from them but pops if my #1 suspect independent of their absence.
So heartwarming. Because even if you don't contribute at all, you're contributing less than pops the fluff poster. Even if you also use WIFOM in your night action interpretation, you didn't do it as wrong as pops did. Even if you also voted for RC, it's pops fault because he's doing it wrong.

We saw the spotlight shine on two town players all of day 1. Maybe letting the spotlight fall where it may is not a good plan here guys.

@Huntress: Why do you think Spyrex is scummy?
@Rishi: Are you scum? You seriously seem to post just enough, too much. Who do you think is scum, at least two names, and explanations please.
"Well, I..."
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:48 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

I would like Huntress to present a full case on Spyrex.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Jahudo »

popsofctown wrote:So heartwarming. Because even if you don't contribute at all, you're contributing less than pops the fluff poster. Even if you also use WIFOM in your night action interpretation, you didn't do it as wrong as pops did. Even if you also voted for RC, it's pops fault because he's doing it wrong.

We saw the spotlight shine on two town players all of day 1. Maybe letting the spotlight fall where it may is not a good plan here guys.
And people should be paying close attention to them. I hardly have any read on OGML and I'm not sure if anyone does. But I don't like this poor little pops post. AtE is AtE is AtE and if you think its unfair that the spotlight is on you and not a lurker, maybe you're afraid you can't look town.

But you have stood by a valid point that we should keep an eye on the infrequent posters because they shouldn't need an invitation to speak their mind.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”