Newbie 745 - Town wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by Bladewing Vorox »

Mufasa wrote:Hmm Elevator music playing.... Interesting wait.. Bah Humbug..
I don't understand what you are saying.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:18 am

Post by neko2086 »

Mufasa wrote:I am Very enthused indeed to be here I have enjoyed very much to be able to play this game online, I've loved playing this game at winter retreats, club get to gethers, and Family reunions. I am more than excited to get this game rolling, I just hope this excitement doesn't get me the first ticket out of here.
You were so excited to get this game going, it seems. So, what the hell are you doing right now? Sorry, but if you're not going to play, I'm going to request that you be replaced.

Only game-related discussion belongs in here. If you want to talk about elevator music or the weather, start a topic in General Discussion. You're not helping us at all right now. It would be wonderful if you could go back to commenting on the game at hand.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Mufasa »

neko2086 wrote:
Mufasa wrote:I am Very enthused indeed to be here I have enjoyed very much to be able to play this game online, I've loved playing this game at winter retreats, club get to gethers, and Family reunions. I am more than excited to get this game rolling, I just hope this excitement doesn't get me the first ticket out of here.
You were so excited to get this game going, it seems. So, what the hell are you doing right now? Sorry, but if you're not going to play, I'm going to request that you be replaced.

Only game-related discussion belongs in here. If you want to talk about elevator music or the weather, start a topic in General Discussion. You're not helping us at all right now. It would be wonderful if you could go back to commenting on the game at hand.
I had a good choice of words after hearing your post, but I chose to be a more sophisticated scholar about my reply.

I am playing this game, and I am not the one that is slowing this game down or hampering this game anymore than it is. I believe you are the one that is slowing this game down. You suggested we don't lynch Seamus 2008 when he blatantly told us "BTW I'm the Mafia". I seriously could not see how we couldn't lynch him on day one after that statement , That was the only statement that he has really made all game, Obviously someone who can't play actively and with that post he is 1 for 1 on being a scum, There is not possible way we cannot lynch him today. I also believe we have been on day one long enough to determine somethings around here, and we really should lynch Seamus2008 because his lack of game play.

Now as far as the elevator post, No one was talking it is very much boring when you are apart of a forum game where no one talks for more than 7 hours.

You sure do have a way of targeting people for minute things, that are quite honestly what a forum is about.
I think I have been getting a fare amount of "abuse" posts towards me for the dumbest things:
like Religion, weather, it is nonsense

I believe we should lynch seamus in the next 12 hours.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Gabe »

Mufasa wrote:Hmm Elevator music playing.... Interesting wait.. Bah Humbug..
Insightful.

Two thoughts:
1) Mufasa is just an overeager townie. The off-topic posts seem to be efforts to make friendly conversation, though these posts should be saved for the General Discussion board.
2) Neko is exactly in the middle of the town-scum spectrum. I'm not certain where to put him at all, despite his active posting. @Neko: Who do you currently suspect the most, as an experienced player, and why? (Besides Seamus)
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Gabe »

WAIT! I didn't see the newest post by Mufasa. I am withdrawing thought #1 from above.
Mufasa wrote:I believe we should lynch seamus in the next 12 hours.
This seems scummy to me. There is so much more we could milk out of this conversation.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Gabe »

Mufasa wrote:You sure do have a way of targeting people for minute things, that are quite honestly what a forum is about.
I think I have been getting a fare amount of "abuse" posts towards me for the dumbest things:
like Religion, weather, it is nonsense
I don't think the reflections on your random posts were 'abuse posts'. Pointing out that a General Discussion board exists is not abusive.
Seamus2008
Seamus2008
Townie
Seamus2008
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Seamus2008 »

Hi guys. I declare myself & Neko mafia.

Vote: Neko
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Gabe »

But enough about Mufasa. I've had enough of Seamus.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Mufasa, I'm not worried about the game being slow. That's a good thing, so yes, I am trying to slow it down. The more we talk (game-related, mind you), the better it is for town.

Also, I totally agree with you in that I also cannot see how we can lynch anyone but seamus today. I only want us to keep the discussions going that have already been brought forth. There's no hurry here, and we may as well keep talking. If you look through other games, you'll notice that shorter games tend to be scum wins. Also, we want to see how people react to seamus and how he reacts to others (clearly, I'm going to have to be lynched tomorrow based on seamus' last statement, but it's in everyone's best interest to look for alternatives in case I turn out to be town, which I will).

This forum is quite different from others, or at least the game-related section is. If you want to post nonsensical things and a faster pace of convo, again, I'd direct you to the General Discussion section. If this game is moving too slowly for you, perhaps you need to join another game to keep yourself occupied. You are welcome to join a game or two in the Open Games queue.

I don't mean to be abusive, and I'm sorry if you felt that way. Inevitably, I get one newbie in each newbie game that thinks I'm really mean. You will find much more abrasive players here than me.

I do tend to latch onto small things on day 1. That's because there's usually nothing more than little things to go off of. Of course this game is much different.

Mufasa, what harm do you see in letting this day drag out longer? Were you worried your self-destructing scumbuddy was going to take you down with him?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Mufasa »

"Mufasa, what harm do you see in letting this day drag out longer? Were you worried your self-destructing scumbuddy was going to take you down with him?"

Could not see how this could pertain to me seeing that I am a townie..... from the looks of it tho if Seamus2008 is indeed mafia he has put you on the block with him, but we will most certainly have to take out seamus2008 today because if he does turn mafia we know who should be next, and if he isn't mafia we know to go off other clues and not the "Neko is other mafia".

I don't see any harm in letting the day drag out longer, I am just 16 and im a restless teenager, So just a little fiesty, and unfortunately impatient. haha. It's alright, there is some good discussion flowing as of late :)
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by hohum »

Been a busy weekend, Will get a post up by tomorrow.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by neko2086 »

OK, I'm glad we're on the same page now, Mufasa. It's common for newcomers to be a bit impatient. Just takes time to get used to the pace.

I'm still pegging you as most likely to be seamus' partner, though. No hard feelings.
In Tartiflette We Trust
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by hohum »

Seamus2008 wrote:Hi guys. I declare myself & Neko mafia.

Why are you purposefully trying to break this game?

@Mod: Force replace please?
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:05 pm

Have you read the rules of the game ? Maybe he's lying to get someone, who isn't Mafia, lynched the next day.

So, what do we do about Seamus ?
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:41 am

Post by Mufasa »

READ my post please, we lynch seamus today if he flips scum than ya we have some insight to who is mafia but if he flips town no need to worry?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:51 am

Post by hohum »

Bladewing Vorox wrote:

Have you read the rules of the game ? Maybe he's lying to get someone, who isn't Mafia, lynched the next day.

You aren't supposed to out your scum partner, even for pretend.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:11 am

Post by neko2086 »

Mufasa is right. We lynch seamus and then the best protocol is to lynch me next assuming seamus is scum. If you don't lynch me, it's just going to be in the back of everyone's head and it'll cause all sorts of wifom.

If seamus turns out to be town, we go back to business as usual.

Either way, this whole mess makes the game much less fun, which is unfortunate, but there's still some good discussion to be had and we can make this worthwhile.

I'd second the request for seamus to be replaced out, but I'm not sure putting a newbie in that position is really a good idea...
In Tartiflette We Trust
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:43 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

I've also had enough of seamus...so
change vote vote seamus
. I agree about the replacement, and im not sure what other information is going to come about. With this being the hammer, and he flips town, ill be more then happy to offer myself to the gallows.
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:02 am

hohum wrote:
Bladewing Vorox wrote:

You aren't supposed to out your scum partner, even for pretend.
I understand.

@Mod : I don't know if I'll be able to post tomorrow or Tuesday, so don't expect me to post before at least Wednesday.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Gabe »

I think that's a lynch for Seamus, right?
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Mufasa »

Yes that is 5 votes for seamus
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Gabe »

If he turns out to be scum, we would have to lynch Neko tommorow... that's pretty sad, actually.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Mufasa »

If he turns to be scum I would really hate as well, seams to be only way.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Hm. I don't know how strict farside is going to be on the logistics, but she may not count "change vote" as a valid form of "unvote."
In Tartiflette We Trust
Family:Kostic
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by Family:Kostic »

Seamus has pretty much ruined the game for me by now. I don't see any reason to wait any longer..

unvote, Vote Seamus2008

The worst player to ever attempt to play any game anywhere. Ever. :!:

Make sure he can't ruin any other games, IMO.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”