Newbie 745 - Town wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Post by Bladewing Vorox »

broncofaninmd wrote:
Bladewing Vorox wrote:After reading your post Family:Kostic, I'm beginning to think too that Mufasa is just a bit enthusiastic. I won't vote for him now.

I'm surprised no one has voted for me now. I'm one of the few who hasn't said a lot and I'm really surprised no one has begun to suspect me. Well, it doesn't mean I want someone to vote for me but I'm just a bit surprised, that's all.
So Blade, let me see if I got this right. You say that you should be voted cause you havent said alot, but the behavior of Mufasa shouldnt be enough for a vote?
I said I was a bit surprised no one has tried to vote for me but I'm not asking anyone to vote for me and I'm just waiting before voting for someone.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:09 am

Post by hohum »

Why just "wait"

Why not do some post analysis in the mean time?
Seamus2008
Seamus2008
Townie
Seamus2008
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Seamus2008 »

Vote: mufasa

BTW, I'm mafia.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:10 am

Post by hohum »

Seamus2008 wrote:

BTW, I'm mafia.
Seriously? You just claimed?

*facepalm*

Unvote

Vote: Seamus2008
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:44 am

I don't understand why he said that but...
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Mufasa »

Really don't understand why he did that, uhm
unvote if I have a vote out there

vote: seamus2008
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:00 am

Post by neko2086 »

lol

We're lynching seamus today, but let's not do it just yet. I think there are several lines of discussion that are worth continuing.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:20 am

I think I voted a bit fast but, well I won't unvote yet.

There are two possibilities about Seamus' claiming of being mafia :
Either he's telling the truth or either he is lying. In every case, there is one question : "Why is he making that claim ?"

I ask everyone to stop voting for Seamus until he has answered this question. In the meantime, we can continue what we were discussing before he posted and made his claim.

Depending on Seamus' answer, I'll decide if I'll unvote or now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:26 am

Post by farside22 »

This vote count is brought to you by the letter O
O stands for OMGUS

Mufasa 3 vote: (neko2086, broncofaninmd, Seamus2008)
broncofaninmd 1 vote: (Family:Kostic)
Seamus2008 3 votes: (hohum, Bladewing Vorox, Mufasa

not voting
:

Gabe
Spinach

9 players it take 5 to lynch
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:46 am

Post by hohum »

@Mod
you've been watching too much sesame street
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:33 am

Post by neko2086 »

unvote
as lynching mufasa today is inferior to lynching seamus.

If seamus is telling the truth, we lynch him and thank him for making this easy for us

If seamus is lying we lynch him based on the LAL principal-- Lynch All Liars. Townies rarely, very rarely, have a good reason to lie.

I'd just love to hear his explanation for this, though.
In Tartiflette We Trust
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:51 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

First off Fk, I never pressured anyone to vote Mufasa. I asked why vote a player with no scummy behavior when Mufasa was acting Scummy. Second, your right, I am not 100% Mufasa is scum, but does that mean I withhold my vote? You voted me with out being sure im scum so if anybody is contradictory, it's you. Third, You asked every one a question about who could be mafia, then use my answer against me. Then you suggest that I am scum with the hope that my scum partner would vote him. What makes you think scum haven't already voted?
change vote vote FK
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Gabe »

Seamus2008 wrote:

BTW, I'm mafia.
I seriously doubt that Seamus understands the game rules at this point.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Spinach »

Seamus, Seamus, Seamus. . .

If he is town, and if he is lying, the only thing I can think of is that he wanted to 'go out with a bang' instead of just being lynched/replaced.

Mod: I will be out of town Friday/Most of Saturday. There for sure will not be a post Friday, and if I have time to post Saturday, it will surely not be a very comprehensive one.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Been a long day of playing search and destroy on Call of Duty 5 came down to one on one and I had no radar, then without notice the enemy notified me of his position by firing off a round of a Pistol. Aha the red dot appears on my map, time to go in for the kill.
Enemy has planted the bomb
Nooooo he is going out with a bang...... hmmm Enemy was killed by my bouncing betty! YES!...... Time to go deactivate the bomb... 5....4 .....3 .....2......1 Phew close call but the mission is complete....
Job well done soldier.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Mufasa, more scumhunting please.

Bladewing, earlier you said you were waiting before voting for someone. Hohum asked what you were waiting for and you never answered. You've voted now, but I'd still like to know what it was you were waiting for.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:24 pm

neko2086 wrote:Mufasa, more scumhunting please.

Bladewing, earlier you said you were waiting before voting for someone. Hohum asked what you were waiting for and you never answered. You've voted now, but I'd still like to know what it was you were waiting for.
I was waiting for someone saying something suspicious.
Family:Kostic
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:04 am

Post by Family:Kostic »

broncofaninmd
, Sorry, an error on my post may have caused you to misinterpret part of what I was trying to say.
Although Mufasa's answer to your Q#2 was a bit contradictory, not understanding what L-2 was then saying
you
he
used it as a tactic..?
This part was more directed at Musafa.
broncofaninmd wrote: First off Fk, I never pressured anyone to vote Mufasa. I asked why vote a player with no scummy behavior when Mufasa was acting Scummy.
I said it was subtle pressure with the questions you were asking. You can't say that the question, "Why dont you vote Mufasa" is not a form of pressure when I have already explained why I haven't voted him..
broncofaninmd wrote:Second, your right, I am not 100% Mufasa is scum, but does that mean I withhold my vote? You voted me with out being sure im scum so if anybody is contradictory, it's you. Third, You asked every one a question about who could be mafia, then use my answer against me.
I didn't vote you because I think you are 100% scum, I voted you because you seem overly confident that Mufasa is scum (much more than others from their response to my questions) & your reasons for thinking that he is lack strength for somebody who expressed that he is 'such obvious scum'.
broncofaninmd wrote:Then you suggest that I am scum with the hope that my scum partner would vote him. What makes you think scum haven't already voted?
I was exploring a possible tactic, things seemed to fit when I thought it through.
Mufasa as the VI, you scapegoating him as an easy target (Putting him on L-2), trying to convince others to do vote...

If I am wrong I will gladly eat my own words, but it is not unreasonable to think that it is a possibility.
Also, Mufasa never actually did put you on L-2. So the reason you initially voted him is not even convincing.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:19 am

Personally, I doubt Seamus will come back. He probably lost interest in the game after he confirmed and opted out the only way he knew how to.. Possibly without knowledge that it partially wrecks the gafor the rest of us..

Unless he is trying to use BBB's Gambit, which I very much doubt.. :roll:

If he doesn't respond in 15 hours then, being no benifit to the game, I would be all for his lynching as he is a *insert bad word*.

I hope that does not be classed as an attack on a player.. :shock:
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:16 am

Post by neko2086 »

Bladewing, I think there is plenty to comment on in the meantime. Sitting back while waiting for others to slip up basically says 'I'm not going to put myself out there for scrutiny, but I will gladly jump on others who do.'

FK, I think it's definitely a possibility that Mufasa is just an easy target, but I don't think we can just ignore all the tells he's dropped.

You might be right about seamus not coming back. Also, you'll meet others on this site who are much harsher than you, so don't worry about that. It's generally best, however, to avoid ad hom attacks (namecalling and other personal attacks).

OH, just so we're all aware, Seamus is at L-1, so whoever hammers ought to do so with the general consent of the town. Let's not be hasty. I say we not lynch him for awhile yet.
In Tartiflette We Trust
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:20 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

FK WROTE
If I am wrong I will gladly eat my own words, but it is not unreasonable to think that it is a possibility.
Also, Mufasa never actually did put you on L-2. So the reason you initially voted him is not even convincing.
FK, I never said he put me at l-2. I said he offered a random vote on me that would put me at l-2.
Also, my initial vote on him was the fact that he asked for a no lynch. If your going to argue against me, please no the facts.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:21 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

know=no^
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:00 am

neko2086 wrote:Bladewing, I think there is plenty to comment on in the meantime. Sitting back while waiting for others to slip up basically says 'I'm not going to put myself out there for scrutiny, but I will gladly jump on others who do.'
I'll try to participate more but I'm not very good at posting a lot.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:05 am

broncofaninmd wrote:
FK WROTE
FK, I never said he put me at l-2. I said he offered a random vote on me that would put me at l-2.
Also, my initial vote on him was the fact that he asked for a no lynch. If your going to argue against me, please know the facts.
It still doesn't make it convincing IMO, that's all i'm really getting at.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Mufasa »

Hmm Elevator music playing.... Interesting wait.. Bah Humbug..

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”