Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Azhrei »

I'd rather just ignore his claim for now, and let him investigate a few more people. We can always lynch him later, and we'll get a bit more out of it than we would now.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Wow, looks like I'm a day behind (thought night ended today). Thoughts soon.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Okay, you're right. I don't know if I am paranoid, but Alexhans was a naive cop, would they really put 2 variations of cops [ 1 naive & 1 paranoid] in one game? I doubt there's more than 2 and since there are at least two, [Alexhans & me] there would have to be a normal cop, wouldn't there?
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Magus_Stragus »

The title of the game and GM's words suggest that this game is heavily based on sanities. There's even a chance that all cops are not sane. You can just say that you're a sane cop just because Alex was naive. You're the one being naive... ¬_¬
If God wanted us to see the beauty of sunrises, He would surely have put them after 10:00 am.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:36 am

Post by hohum »

Magus_Stragus wrote:I have this idea. If Zero is really a cop, then a good thing to do is lynch him. Why? Well, if we lynch him, we learn his sanity, thus if his results were accurate or not. If he is paranoid, it is more useful death, as he might grasp on wrong results and get other innocents lynched. If he's insane, we would know for sure Charrat's alignment. I know that it's a bit risky losing a townie like that, but sometimes someone has to sacrifice for the victory of the town.

Oh, and if we follow Zero's results, and lynch Charrat, and he turns out innocent, we wouldn't know for sure if Zero's an insane or paranoid cop. In the other hand, if he turns out guilty, we wouldn't know for sure if Zero's an paranoid or sane cop. From my point of view, we are risking more following Zero's results.

We can also ignore that claim totally and just keep going we the previous arguments.
I hereby endorse this plan.

He shouldn't have claimed, period. You don't claim immediately after a result. You're not supposed to claim unless you HAVE to. He should have at minimum tried to push a case.

In the history of MS early PR claims have never EVER helped the town. It's an anti-town thing to do and he should be at minimum lynched on policy for it.

His sanity flip would confirm charrat's alignment.

Unvote

Vote: Zer0ph34r
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Artem »

Azhrei wrote:I'd rather just ignore his claim for now, and let him investigate a few more people. We can always lynch him later, and we'll get a bit more out of it than we would now.
^This^

I think Zero did the right thing by revealing his investigation. You can't subtly push a case on somebody you have a guilty on if you don't know your sanity. The right thing to do is to put the information out on the table for the town to analyze after your lynch/NK.

I don't think we should be wasting a lynch on Zero. Let the mafia NK him and reveal his sanity. We can then look back at all his results and draw proper conclusions. And if the mafia lets him live, Zero can just continue investigating players.

I'm still happy with a hohum lynch, however.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

I do claim immediately after a result, because I DID. You're still missing a point anyway, even if I was a naive or paranoid cop, I'm still pro-town, I'm just may not getting the info that is correct. You don't even have to vote based on what I found out, and I realize this now and
unvote

But, like yesterday (game day wise) my thoughts of suspicion are still on hohum.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Wow. From reading just these two pages of this second day there are so many assumptions that people are relying upon to voice their opinions but there just isn't any evidence to back them up.

I don't have an exceptional amount of time on my hands right this second, so I will address only one: I don't think scum in any (realistic) potential setup for this game would fake-claim on Day Two. It's an incredibly gutsy move. I don't know why hohum would want to let this assumption (that there would be scum who would pull this move) affect his vote. And while I think Magus' lynch the self-outed cop idea is just bad, hohum sticks out because of this: He went from post 317 saying that we should start with lynching Charrat and within the span of 12 posts he reverses course and say we should lynch the cop first. His reversal just strikes me as incredibly odd and he doesn't really explain why he changed his mind.

Someone who would want to lynch first and ask questions later when it comes to a claimed cop is scummy.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by hohum »

what makes you think that they're going to NK him? Especially if his sanity is in question.
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Charrat »

hohum wrote:His sanity flip would confirm charrat's alignment.
It won't if he is a paranoid cop and only gets guilty results.
Azhrei wrote:I'd rather just ignore his claim for now, and let him investigate a few more people. We can always lynch him later, and we'll get a bit more out of it than we would now.
Second. We simply don't have enough information to be sure that Zero's claim is true or not, and its not going to help the town by jumping on him now, especially if he turns out to be an insane cop and his results do confirm alignment. In that case, its probably in the best interest of the town to keep him alive and investigating.
Azhrei wrote:Charrat. You really are good at the whole lurking thing aren't ya? You don't really say much, but then you never do. However, I think this game's posting is slightly more reminiscent of when I've seen you play as scum. I can;'t say this conclusively, but nontheless, IGMEOY.
I don't lurk if by lurking you mean that I purposefully post infrequently in order not to draw attention to myself. I generally only post when I have something meaningful to say, and I'll post plenty if I do. I think its fair to say that is the way I played in our previous games.
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Charrat wrote:
hohum wrote:His sanity flip would confirm charrat's alignment.
It won't if he is a paranoid cop and only gets guilty results.
Always an issue :(
Charrat wrote:
Azhrei wrote:Charrat. You really are good at the whole lurking thing aren't ya? You don't really say much, but then you never do. However, I think this game's posting is slightly more reminiscent of when I've seen you play as scum. I can;'t say this conclusively, but nontheless, IGMEOY.
I don't lurk if by lurking you mean that I purposefully post infrequently in order not to draw attention to myself. I generally only post when I have something meaningful to say, and I'll post plenty if I do. I think its fair to say that is the way I played in our previous games.
It is the same way you usally play, I know, but it does come off as sorta lurky, is all.
hohum wrote: what makes you think that they're going to NK him? Especially if his sanity is in question.
That's the beauty of it. If the mafia NK him, we get his sanity confirmed pro bono, and if they don't, he gets to investigate more people, and we can lynch him later and confirm it all.

There is also the possibility that someone he investigates will get killed, and then we will get an idea of his sanity, however not confirm it.

Oh, and you haven't even acknoweledged my post yet. And I find it odd you've jumped on him so quickly. If you don't give me some answers soon, I'm just gonna try and get you lynched. In other words, last chance.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:37 am

Post by springlullaby »

Magus_Stragus is now Shinnen_no_Me.

Same person, different name. Effective immediately :)
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Artem »

Azhrei basically explained it. If mafia don't NK Zero, we get more investigation results (which may or may not be useful). All this assuming Zero's claim is legit, and at this point I believe it is.

Looking forward to Green Crayons finding more time to comment on the earlier happenings in the day.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by ZEEnon »

i will try to catch up on day two tomorrow, i have to start studying for an exam i have tomorrow .
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:28 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Art wrote:Looking forward to Green Crayons finding more time to comment on the earlier happenings in the day.
I'm looking forward to hohum actually acknowledging my existence in this game.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:32 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Will post my comments on all of this, I've been very busy lately with work.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:53 am

Post by ZEEnon »

Azhrei wrote:umm... In all honesty, the roleclaim was not particularly absolving (even though it was true) and the birthday thing, while unfortunate, was not a good reason to unvote someone.
I know but as I stated, I am sort of a sentimental person .
Azhrei wrote:Uhhhhhh. One bandwagon resulting in a mislynch does not really allow for any calling of "SCUM!" That said, you do make some very nice points about Charrat, and Zero (I'll address them later). Your point on GC, on the other hand, really doesn't do much for me. You keep saying how you would've unvoted. Why?
I say it not for the players in this thread, but for seb456zig if he is reading. I really would have unvoted, and I want him to know that.
Azhrei wrote:
ZEEnon wrote:
Azhrei wrote:ZEEnon, only stupid scum defend their partners, really. You should always try and keep your distance from your partners when you're scum.
this quote seems forced and really suspicious to me .
...huh? Why is it suspicious?
It seems to me like you are describing yourself. :P I can't explain exactly, but it just comes off as a suspicious post.
Azhrei wrote:ZEE, I'm really starting to find you anti-town. The whole post where you say you were going to unvote Seb reeks of you trying to absolve yourself from voting him. It's like you're trying to say "Me, kill him? No, never! I was going to pull the knife outta his guts when I woke up, really!" That whole thing gives em a really bad vibe.
No, I did state before that if he is town I would allow myself to be lynched. That offer is still up, so if any scum would like a free lynch, I will gladly hammer a bandwagon on me. This offer might seem to some town as pointless and anti-town, but if scum take advantage of this offer then we catch them ! Of course if it was that easy, then the mafia isn't too smart.
Zer0ph34r wrote:Even if you do lynch me, trust me, I've never lied to the town before in all of my games, lynch Charrat first so you know I am telling the truth.
We don't know if you are paranoid or insane, so we can't trust you as of yet.

I agree with the people that say we should let Zer0ph34r do a little more investigating, and perhaps lynch him day 3 or 4 to confirm his alignment.
hohum's eagerness to lynch Zer0ph34r comes off as scummy to me.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:29 am

Post by Azhrei »

Green Crayons wrote:
Art wrote:Looking forward to Green Crayons finding more time to comment on the earlier happenings in the day.
I'm looking forward to hohum actually acknowledging my existence in this game.
As am I... I've had enough waiting, perhaps a vote will get him to talk.

Vote:Hohum

ZEE wrote: I say it not for the players in this thread, but for seb456zig if he is reading. I really would have unvoted, and I want him to know that.
However much you say that, I find it very hard to believe.
ZEE wrote:
Azhrei wrote:
ZEE wrote:
Azhrei wrote:ZEEnon, only stupid scum defend their partners, really. You should always try and keep your distance from your partners when you're scum.
this quote seems forced and really suspicious to me .
...huh? Why is it suspicious?
It seems to me like you are describing yourself. :P I can't explain exactly, but it just comes off as a suspicious post.
Ah, ok, I can see where you're coming from there. In a sense, you're right, I was describing myself, but not in this game. I have been scum before (*shock*) and I generally tried to stay away from my partners. All that said, no, I'm not scum in this game, but I know you don't know if that's true.
Charrat
Charrat
Townie
Charrat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Charrat »

ZEEnon wrote:hohum's eagerness to lynch Zer0ph34r comes off as scummy to me.
I agree, and I feel that it is the first truly scummy thing I have seen come from him. But I won't vote for him, at least at this moment, because I don't want to risk this day ending too quickly.
Play [url=http://www.war-facts.com/?p=15465&i=h1]WARRING FACTIONS[/url], a notoriously addictive free strategy game played in a browser OR an utterly complex and unforgiving real-time strategy.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Azhrei »

Aanyone?
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:08 am

Post by ZEEnon »

it's so quiet .. *wind blows*
i don't think i have anything else to post about,
and i can't re-read because i have to go out .
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Artem »

My views haven't changed. Still happy with hohum lynch. Still voting for him.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Shinnen_no_Me
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Shinnen_no_Me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Shinnen_no_Me »

Well, now that I think about it, I agree with Azhrei regarding lynching Zero. It would be best if we wait, and if mafia NK him, we can get his sanity as a bonus.

Btw, can someone please explain me why are the pressure on hohum? I'm not defending him, I just want to know why Artem, Azhrei and GC (and possibly others) say he's scummy, in order to see if I missed something. Hohum acted weird, but not enough for me to cast a vote. So, I want to know if I missed something or what.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Shinnen_no_Me wrote:Btw, can someone please explain me why are the pressure on hohum? I'm not defending him, I just want to know why Artem, Azhrei and GC (and possibly others) say he's scummy, in order to see if I missed something. Hohum acted weird, but not enough for me to cast a vote. So, I want to know if I missed something or what.

For myself:
1. Because he has failed to acknowledge
any
of my posts, legitimate points or activity within this game. Apparently hohum doesn't think I exist.
2. Because during Day One he said "I'm not answering questions" (scummy) "because people have asked me questions that I have already answered" (only partially true - there were plenty of questions that went unanswered; scummy) "and the remainder of questions are so vague that I'm not going to answer them" (so, refused to answer questions instead of pointing out these allegedly vague questions and asking them to be refined so he could answer them; scummy).
3. Because:
Green Crayons, in 332, wrote:I don't think scum in any (realistic) potential setup for this game would fake-claim on Day Two. It's an incredibly gutsy move. I don't know why hohum would want to let this assumption (that there would be scum who would pull this move) affect his vote. And while I think Magus' lynch the self-outed cop idea is just bad, hohum sticks out because of this: He went from post 317 saying that we should start with lynching Charrat and within the span of 12 posts he reverses course and say we should lynch the cop first. His reversal just strikes me as incredibly odd and he doesn't really explain why he changed his mind.
ZEEnon
ZEEnon
Goon
ZEEnon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:24 am

Post by ZEEnon »

i have to admit Green Crayons, you really won me over with that overview. I wasn't quite sure what the argument against hohum was at the moment, but since you summarized it, I understand and agree with his lynch.
Although I still am wary of Charrat, I think the case on hohum requires more attention.
Vote: hohum

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”