Mini 737 - Hack Poetry Mafia (Game Over)

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:25 am

Post by springlullaby »

Yeah alright,
counterclaim
, I'm the doc.

No one hammer before I can get a final analysis in.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:50 am

Post by springlullaby »

You know what, forget it. To complicate to type. Hammer please.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:00 am

Post by Budja »

Unvote, Vote: Budja

Good luck to my scumbuddy. At least I got you the Doc :P.

Bye now.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:16 am

Post by Spolium »

Spring wrote:Yeah alright, counterclaim, I'm the doc.
Well, I didn't expect
that

vote: Budja

That's the last time I allow meta to excuse wishy-washiness. Lesson learned.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:18 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Vote Count

Rhyme, schlyme

L-1
Budja
(6) RedCoyote, springlullaby, Lynx The Antithesis, Deuxieme Octopus, Budja, Spolium
L-5
RedCoyote
(2) don_johnson, jebus

Not Voting:
fhqwhgads | Plonky | millar13 | Goatrevolt
With
alive, it takes
to lynch

Deadline in about
2 days and 11 hours
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:24 am

Post by Budja »

Just a quick note Spolium, the only scum-tell I really dropped was my failure to scum-hunt. I'd have done everything else the same if I was town.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:32 am

Post by springlullaby »

Yeah, that's why you were run up to a claim Day 1. Because you played so good.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:35 am

Post by Budja »

No, the reverse actually.

Now I'm going to go die quietly now.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:44 am

Post by springlullaby »

Budja wrote: Good luck to my
scumbuddy
. At least I got you the Doc :P.

Bye now.
Significant or not?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:47 am

Post by springlullaby »

Actually before hammering, allow every player who is not voting Budja to come in once and state why they haven't been voting him:

if Budja is in a two manned scumteam the chance of bussing are low.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:48 am

Post by springlullaby »

Unvote
See above
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:15 am

Post by springlullaby »

Also, you wanna keep an eye on Red now, because of the fact that he has been voting Budja since the RVS and that Budja seems to be taking everything so well.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:34 am

Post by don_johnson »

i didn't see the tells outside of the poetry phase. alot of what people were calling "slips" seemed like honest mistakes. i am in another game with budja and he is playing similar. the only thing that drew my attention was his voting pattern. in hindsight he seemed to be hopping the popular cases these last few pages. damn tunnel vision. i actually thought that one of you two might be doc. if budja hadn't claimed scum here i would have asked for more discussion on the counterclaim. c'est la vie! good start.
budja wrote:Good luck to my scumbuddy.
not.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:55 am

Post by Spolium »

springlullaby wrote:Actually before hammering, allow every player who is not voting Budja to come in once and state why they haven't been voting him
Reiterating this.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:12 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Goat 301 wrote:I've never said Spring's long post wasn't genuine. You argued that I was of that opinion.
Goat 221 wrote:I'm guessing [RC's] working under the assumption that spring was following the game and collecting evidence all along, and just chose to drop it all on us now. Why do you assume this is the case rather than the also plausible (and I would argue more likely) assumption that she just went back and read the game?
Goat 301 wrote:You argue that I find spring's lurking worse than Budja/Fhq/etc. This is false, because I am not voting, nor have I voted for Spring since her long post, and instead my votes have been on...fhq and budja.
As I was rereading some of your posts, I think I spoke a little too bluntly. The impression is left when you don’t speak proportionally about spring the way you do about fhq/Budja that you suspect her more than the other two.
Goat 301 wrote:You argue that I said you should be equally suspicious of Budja/Fhq/spring, when I did not argue or suggest anything like that.
By asking me what the difference is between Budja and spring's recent activity.
Goat 257 wrote: I'm saying that I called out spring for a lack of solid stances, and in much the same fashion I have called out Fhq/Budja/Don. You had no problem when I did that to the other 3, but you find it suspicious when I attack spring in much the same fashion. What's the difference?
The reason I was more suspicious of you calling out spring is because I think you are generalizing to say that spring's activity was worse or equally as bad as Budja.

---
fhq 303 wrote:At one point you even questioned the 'errors' she made when she already admitted them!
Where?

---
don 305 wrote:they refers to you(RC). i interchange the terms in almost all my posts and games. mainly because when i started playing here i would get confused as to peoples genders and saw other players referring to people as they, so its somewhat subconcious. who did you think i was referring to?
The scumpair of me and spring. The context fits perfectly.

I think it's a bad move to pair people off this early in the game, and I will remember this comment.

---
Spolium 306 wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I can't help but get a backpedalling vibe from RC when reading #300
You shouldn't as I've mentioned the prospect of a spring lynch since post 184.
Spolium 306 wrote:well, when it comes down to it, explaining away an extended defence of a particular player as an
opinion
is meaningless. Everything at this point is an opinion
Just like calling my "defense" WIFOM is meaningless. I don't consider it a defense. I told fhq my own opinion of spring's post, which was contrary to his own. Like I said, I don't pretend to know what spring did or didn't do, but it seems reasonable to me that scum would not have done that.

It seems reasonable to me, and that doesn't necessarily mean it would seem reasonable to you.
Spolium 306 wrote:the fact that you are declaring other cases on Spring invalid for being WIFOM
There's something wrong with this. My contention has always been that I prefer the explanation that spring made a genuine post to the idea that it was concocted. I've made clear my own positions on spring. Without reading back, I don't think I've called another player out for a WIFOM argument on spring. I've said that many of the cases against her were derived from speculation, which is a different idea altogether.

The rest of your post is reading far too much into my word choice.

---
Lynx 311 wrote:You're basically calling out anyone going after Spring at this point. Like don said you basically "lumped" all of us together even though we were suspicious of Spring for different reasons.
And I've since said it was unfair of me to do so. From my perspective, don's case was based on speculation, yours was based on her lurking, and Goat had a problem with her not voting.

---
spring 334 wrote:if Budja is in a two manned scumteam the chance of bussing are low.
spring 336 wrote:Also, you wanna keep an eye on Red now, because of the fact that he has been voting Budja since the RVS and that Budja seems to be taking everything so well.
These predictions seem contradictory.

---

Who our our replacements and what do they have to say about Budja (or anything else) based on their re-reading of the game?

millar, DO, and Plonky, I'm looking in y'alls direction.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:13 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Excuse me.

That's all sorts of messed up.

EBWOP:
Where are our
replacements and what do they have to say about Budja (or anything else) based on their re-reading of the game?
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:15 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Crap. I totally misread Budja. I really thought he was town.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Is there a reason we need to wait to hear from everyone prior to hammering? I don't see the point of needlessly extending the day.

I'm voting him tonight unless I hear a compelling reason not to.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Jesus alot has happened. I actually believed the claim until Spring's counterclaim because with Budja's seemingly poor play I honestly didn't think he'd be ballsy enough to fake claim. I figured if he was scum he'd take the the easy way out and claim vanilla.

Only one partner perhaps? Possible third party scum then.

Spring any last suspicions you think we should look into? You're certainly going to be dead tommorow.

I'm perfectly fine with somebody hammering soon. Everybody can get their rereads done at night anyway to see any possible connections to present tomorrow.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:00 am

Post by don_johnson »

Goatrevolt wrote:Is there a reason we need to wait to hear from everyone prior to hammering? I don't see the point of needlessly extending the day.

Fos: Goatrevolt
discussion only helps. the fact budja is scum entirely changes the look of the bandwagon and those not on it. we are not guaranteed in being able to hear from everyone tomorrow, so cutting off discussion seems like an awfully bad idea.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:01 am

Post by don_johnson »

Fos: lynx
see above.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:54 am

Post by Spolium »

We have just over 2 days until deadline, and confirmed scum. We should take advantage of this and garner as much information as possible in the remaining time, now that we can rule out one person with certainty.

Note that in #327 Budja dropped his vote on himself; perhaps he intended to self-hammer in order to deny further discussion, reflecting the intentions of scum (which does indeed draw a question mark over Goat and Lynx, as don noted above).
Spring wrote:
Budja wrote:Good luck to my
scumbuddy
. At least I got you the Doc.
Significant or not?
That depends on how likely is it that there are more than two mafia in a game of this size, though IMO it's likely to be a red herring (or otherwise irrelevant). Probably best to ignore it.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

don_johnson wrote:
Fos: lynx
see above.
I said I'm completely fine with a hammer
soon
(key word). I did say I wanted to hear from Spring before we end the day because unless we have a very lucky roleblocker she's gonna be dead tommorow. Keep in mind we have a deadline in a little over two days. Prolonging the discussion a little longer than we actually need wouldn't be that much more beneficial to the town.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

don_johnson wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:Is there a reason we need to wait to hear from everyone prior to hammering? I don't see the point of needlessly extending the day.

Fos: Goatrevolt
discussion only helps. the fact budja is scum entirely changes the look of the bandwagon and those not on it. we are not guaranteed in being able to hear from everyone tomorrow, so cutting off discussion seems like an awfully bad idea.
Anyone who has a suspect stance on Budja is either going to be around tomorrow to discuss it, or is going to be dead, and thus it doesn't matter.

At this point we're essentially just waiting for a couple of lurkers/replacements to come in and say something along the lines of "well, looks like Budja claimed scum" and then we're going to end the day.
Spolium wrote:Note that in #327 Budja dropped his vote on himself; perhaps he intended to self-hammer in order to deny further discussion, reflecting the intentions of scum (which does indeed draw a question mark over Goat and Lynx, as don noted above).
If he intended to self-hammer, then he failed pretty hard by not checking the vote count first. Or maybe he just voted himself because it's obvious he's going to get lynched after claiming scum.

------------

I'll wait to place my vote until tomorrow then. I do think holding off is a bit of a pointless exercise, though.
millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by millar13 »

Vote: Budja
for the simple fact he just comes off so scummy it isn't true. I know I am deep into this...but he is uncannily evil
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”