Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Crazy »

populartajo wrote:
afatchic wrote:Well i just felt it was a dangerous spot to be in, because i normally don't pay attention to votecounts in the RVS, and just vote whoever i feel like it when i look at the player list. So if any one else plays the way i do, popular may have been lynched in the first couple post.
Okay. I can buy this.
Unvote.

Crazy, Artem and Slicey, what do you think of my vote?
Your vote was fine, though I do think L-1 can be dangerous in this game.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Artem »

afatchic wrote:Well i just felt it was a dangerous spot to be in, because i normally don't pay attention to votecounts in the RVS, and just vote whoever i feel like it when i look at the player list. So if any one else plays the way i do, popular may have been lynched in the first couple post.
This would have been a valid argument if you checked the votecount first then voted. Voting, then going "oops, didn't mean that. I could have lynched them" doesn't really stand up to that logic. If you're concerned with somebody popular getting lynched on accident, you shouldn't be using your hindsight.
Crazy wrote: The only difference, if we lynch the goon today, then we have 2 more lynches left in the game. If we lynch the godfather, then we will have insta-winned. Lynching scum > Vigging scum.

Though for scum, this probably still isn't ideal, because they can't win anymore by town vigging town.

(Yes, I find this setup interesting)
Sure, if the goon wants to sacrifice themselves to save the GF, then they may consider moving the game to day 2. But, we're talking about a situation when a townie is sitting at L-1 for no serious reason and the scum has the choice to hammer. Why would they hammer if the GF is not even being considered by the town?

Day 1: Each townie has 50% chance of nailing scum (2 out of the other 4 players) and 25% chance nailing the GF.

Now, assume the goon hammers a townie that was sitting at L-1 for no good reason and the townie shoots the goon.

Day 2: Each townie has 50% chance of nailing scum (1 out of the other 2 players) and 50% chance nailing the GF.

The mafia chances didn't exactly improve and the town has to make 1 correct decision to win, instead of 2.
tajo wrote: Okay. I can buy this.
Unvote.
I think the vote was justified. Town should be paying attention to the votecount and not using their hindsight.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:20 am

Post by Artem »

All that said, I don't mind keeping afatchic pressured at the moment.

Unvote; Vote: afatchic
(L-2)
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Crazy »

Okay, fair point. I'm not arguing that it's in the scum's best interests to quick-hammer, just saying that it's not entirely out of the question.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Artem »

Crazy wrote:Okay, fair point. I'm not arguing that it's in the scum's best interests to quick-hammer, just saying that it's not entirely out of the question.
*nods* It's a fun setup.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Plum »

Votecount time. I'll try to keep these coming regularly; if you ever need one, request it in the thread and/or by PM and I'll do what I can as soon as I can.

Vote Count 01

afatchic - 1 - (Artem)
Artem - 0 - (none)
Crazy - 2 - (afatchic, Slicey)
populartajo - 1 - (Crazy)
Slicey - 0 - (none)

Not Voting - 1 - populartajo

With five players alive, it'll take three players to throw someone in the duck pond.

:twisted:
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Slicey »

populartajo wrote:
Okay. I can buy this.
Unvote.

I thought your vote made sense.

Unvote
for the time being.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 am

Post by populartajo »

Crazy, Artem and Slicey, what are the exact reasons for your agreement with my vote?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Crazy »

populartajo wrote:Crazy, Artem and Slicey, what are the exact reasons for your agreement with my vote?
Being paranoid about L-1 and unvoting because of it is often scummy behavior... though I don't think that's the case in this game particularly.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Artem »

populartajo wrote:Crazy, Artem and Slicey, what are the exact reasons for your agreement with my vote?
artem wrote: I think the vote was justified. Town should be paying attention to the votecount and not using their hindsight.
Tajo, you keep asking questions about your vote. I'm waiting for the punch line.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:00 am

Post by populartajo »

There is no punchline. I like short random stages and when people talk so I can scumhunt better when I reread. So far, I have some weak reads that can or can not be developed during this game (depending of the player).
Now, Im waiting for Slicey for next question. But feel free to answer the following ones (all of you). You can also ask me questions .
1. How experienced would you consider?
2. How do you scumhunt?
Call me Tajo.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Crazy »

Tajo wrote:1. How experienced would you consider?
Me? I've been playing since May, so I guess I'm fairly experienced...
Tajo wrote:2. How do you scumhunt?
Hmm, I'm not really as pro-active as I should be... I'll basically just question people when I find something that looks suspicious.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Artem »

@Tajo:

Fairly experienced. My stats are on my wiki.

I scumhunt by using my vote to pressure players that I believe are dropping scum-tells, ask them questions and analyze reactions.

That said, if you continue to ask questions without analyzing the answers, I'm going to call you out on trying to appear useful.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Slicey »

Because he brought a player to L-1 and then freaked out about it. >_> L-1 in this game is not necessarily a terrible thing, considering it is only 5 players.

I don't have much experience here. I have one completed game here, and I'm currently in 6 other games (dead in 2 of them, as you very well know since you're in one of them)

My scumhunting just consists of looking for the scummiest player. At the other forum I play at, I'm scum about 90% of the time, so I don't have tons of experience in scumhunting. >_>

Even though I just answered your questions, I kinda don't like that you're asking so many. >___>
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by afatchic »

Crazy wrote:
Being paranoid about L-1 and unvoting because of it is often scummy behavior... though I don't think that's the case in this game particularly.
Can you elaborate on this... don't think i am getting what you are trying to say or something.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by afatchic »

Also, i would say i am somewhat experienced, i have played quite a few games. My best method of scum hunting is rereading the thread, as it is often easier to pick out the scummy players. Normally, the scum will do subtle things to manipulate people, which blend in at the time. but as you go back and read it straight through they all start to stick out more. for that reason, i feel im better replacing into a game rather then starting from the beginning.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Crazy »

afatchic wrote:
Crazy wrote:
Can you elaborate on this... don't think i am getting what you are trying to say or something.
I've often considered when people are paranoid about L-1/L-2 during the random stage, especially in a small setup, to be a scum-tell.
Raging Rabbit in Open 94 - Trendy & Subversive C9 wrote:2 votes are a serious wagon here, so I'm against throwing them around carelessly
However, I think this setup is an exception.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Artem »

@afatchic: Got any comments on this?
Artem wrote:
This would have been a valid argument if you checked the votecount first then voted. Voting, then going "oops, didn't mean that. I could have lynched them" doesn't really stand up to that logic. If you're concerned with somebody popular getting lynched on accident, you shouldn't be using your hindsight.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:12 am

Post by afatchic »

Artem wrote:@afatchic: Got any comments on this?
Artem wrote:
Umm... makes no sense to me. i said, "i normally just pick a person off of the player list and random vote them without paying attention to the votecount" and you said "well that would be valid if i checked the votecount", when i just said i hadn't checked the votecount, so care to try and clear this up or somthing?
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Artem »

What I'm getting at is that you seem concerned that somebody "may get lynched in the first couple of posts", however you only seem concerned in hindsight because you don't pay attention to the votecount.

If you are worried about somebody getting quick-lynched, why are you not paying attention to the votecount when you vote?

And if you don't care about the votecount, then why did you unvote immediately after placing somebody at L-1?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by Plum »

I'm going to be V/LA Thursday noon through Sunday afternoon EST. I'm looking into a temporary backup Mod. Sound good?

Vote Count 02

afatchic - 1 - (Artem)
Artem - 0 - (none)
Crazy - 1 - (afatchic)
populartajo - 1 - (Crazy)
Slicey - 0 - (none)

Not Voting - 2 - populartajo, Slicey

With five players alive, it'll take three players to push someone off the swing-set.

:twisted:
Last edited by Plum on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:19 pm

Post by afatchic »

Artem wrote:What I'm getting at is that you seem concerned that somebody "may get lynched in the first couple of posts", however you only seem concerned in hindsight because you don't pay attention to the votecount.

If you are worried about somebody getting quick-lynched, why are you not paying attention to the votecount when you vote?

And if you don't care about the votecount, then why did you unvote immediately after placing somebody at L-1?
This is the first five player game i have ever played, so i have never had 3 to lynch. so by putting the second vote on, i didn't realize i was putting him at L-1. I also didn't realize that my vote was on the same person as the other one was... i just usually don't pay attention to vote counts this early in the game, but with three to lynch, i probably hsould have
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Plum »

Update: Farside22 will be taking over modding duties while I'm V/LA from tomorrow afternoon through Sunday afternoon EST. Many thanks and cookies to her. Play nicely while I'm gone :D.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

Hi does anyone need to be proded?
:P
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by populartajo »

Prob me. Meh, afatchic is null. Ive seen panicking town and scum doing that. He played horribly in a game as town (Near vanilla, IIRC). Slicey, he was town in a game i am with him and he played horribly so I really dont know with so little said.
Crazy and artem seem more experienced and obv Im going to have a harder time trying to analyze them. There is something interesting tough. Artem do you really think your vote on afatchic is justified?
In conclusion is so early in the game to get a good read on everyone and with many of you contributing so... (shrug).
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”