Newbie 745 - Town wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Spinach »

Mufasa wrote: @ newbie card theory I don't think people should give a "bye" to newbies because this thread is called newbie game therefore we all are pretty much newbs I think
No, I mean sometimes people like to try and shrug off scum-tells by saying they're a newbie and didn't know better. But I see this won't be a problem here since we have so many First-timers. :)
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Gabe wrote:
Mufasa wrote:@bronco hmm you and spinach friends. Good to know we have a little bonding :)
Bonding... or obviously SCUM?! I think I'm on to something :P
which i had link to the last game they were in to see any suspicious links hmm
Family:Kostic
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Family:Kostic »

Mufasa wrote:
which(wish?) i had link to the last game they were in to see any suspicious links hmm
Especially if they won the game together as Mafia :lol:
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by Mufasa »

yes wish srry couldnt edit post didnt want to double post
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Just checked the posts from spinach and it looks like him and bronco were townies in the game they played and won, he made a comment that it was the first game past D1 for him, and he was either the cop
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:40 pm

Post by Bladewing Vorox »

Spinach wrote:
Mufasa wrote:Idk what you guys mean by changing votes and stuff, this is my first round of mafia I really don't get whats so significant about changing votes and such
Concerning this, it would be nice to know how many games you guys have been in. I just would like to know for the sake of the first-timers, so I can get an idea of how much back round knowledge they have, and if someone throws the newbie, I can tell if this can work as an excuse.

This is currently my 4th game.
This is my first game on a Forum, although I have played twice a variant of the game before in real life.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:23 am

Not happy with the contribution of Seamus2008 at all, therefore my vote will stay with him until I have solid evidence to vote otherwise.

Anybody have any evidence suggesting someone could be mafia yet? Suspicious activity of any sort..

From what I have seen, Gabe doesn't seem phased to say anything. Fearless in a way, could put him up at either end of the scale and is the most unpredictable so far imo..

He is probably the one I am most suspect of at the moment as everyone else just seems a bit cautious..
Bladewing Vorox hasn't said enough for me to judge him at all..
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:39 am

Post by neko2086 »

[IC mode]
My own perspective on the newbie card--it rubs me the wrong way every time, but I'm generally more sympathetic in the newbie games. It won't get one very far, however, since the following tools are available at everyone's disposal:

ICs- regardless of our roles, we're here to help. While much of what we say is subjective, we will always try to give the best general gameplay advice possible. Even scum ICs will be as helpful as possible when it comes to general gameplay. For example, a scum IC would never say, "it's OK for townies to lie!" Note, however, that scum ICs will lie about specific gameplay, because such is the nature of the game.

The wiki- At the top of the page you'll see a link to the wiki. This has very helpful articles, including a list of common abbreviations.

Other games- While it is never OK to talk about an ongoing game, feel free to browse them as well as (and especially) completed games in order to see how scum and town act. This is probably the most helpful. Find a completed game of moderate length (really short games usually mean an overly hasty town and scum win), and see what went right and wrong.
[/IC mode]

Anywho, it's still pretty early to make a hard and fast judgment on anyone, but I'm not sure I like the wagon on Seamus. He hasn't even had a chance to respond yet, and we have no way of knowing whether he's lurking or if he just hasn't showed up yet.
In Tartiflette We Trust
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote count brought to you by the letter M.
M is for mafia.

Mufasa 3 vote: (hohum, neko2086, broncofaninmd )
broncofaninmd 2 vote: (Spinach, Bladewing Vorox)
Seamus2008 1vote: (Family:Kostic )
Gabe 1 vote: (Mufasa)

not voting:

Seamus2008
Gabe

9 players it take 5 to lynch
Last edited by farside22 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bladewing Vorox
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Bladewing Vorox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Bladewing Vorox »

21 votes for Seamus2008 ? Are you sure it isn't 2 votes ?

Unvote

I will wait before voting again.

Fixed should be just one.
:lol:
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Mufasa »

unvote

People starting to actually chat around, kinda on same thought as bronco about waiting a bit before casting a vote
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:10 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Family:Kostic wrote:1st Game on here. Played 99 turbo games on Facebook mafia a while back, but not enough people play on that anymore to make the turbo games worth while..

@ Spinach & Broncofanmd: How long did each of you last in the previous game game with the 2 of you in it?
Me and Spinach lasted to the end. We were both town and won the game.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:12 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Neko, what Seamus bandwagon are you referring to?
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:14 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Fk, what are your thought's on Mufasa? He is the most scummy by far.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:28 am

Post by neko2086 »

I guess it's not a bandwagon anymore... He had three votes racked up at one point.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by Mufasa »

vote: Broncofaninmd
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by neko2086 »

This is what we call OMGUS voting. Stands for oh my god you suck. It's when you vote for somebody for no other reason than the fact that they're voting you. This is typically not pro-town behavior.

Mufasa, why the vote?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Mufasa »

Just a random vote, no really, like I said in the first time I was questioned about voting for two different people I am trying to get chat flow, commentation, and reactions. Just trying to find where people stand, how they react and how others react tell a lot about what and how they feel.
Gabe
Gabe
Townie
Gabe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Gabe »

Mufasa wrote:Just a random vote, no really, like I said in the first time I was questioned about voting for two different people I am trying to get chat flow, commentation, and reactions. Just trying to find where people stand, how they react and how others react tell a lot about what and how they feel.
This is starting to seem a wee bit suspicious. While it might be advantageous for townies to prod around and stir up conversation, it could also be good for the mafia: poking votes at different people and hoping that it catches on and, eventually, results in a lynch.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Mufasa »

suspicious or smart? Seriously without any information the only thing you have to do is prod around, so I gotta say I'm not going to vote blindly, I am gonna poke around and in the end if I have to I will go with my gut, but I'd like to surface some evidence.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:12 pm

neko2086 wrote: He (Seamus) hasn't even had a chance to respond yet, and we have no way of knowing whether he's lurking or if he just hasn't showed up yet.
He has not said anything for over 48 hours of play, thats more than enough chance to respond no matter if he hasn't shown up or just lurking.
Gameplay Rules wrote:As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
Why defend him if he neglects this rule. What is the stance on replacement at this point?

As for Musafa, his actions have been very eratic but I think it is because he is overly enthusiastic to get involved in the game. For some reason I haven't seen him as scummy just yet, seems too easy a target..
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Mufasa »

As for Musafa, his actions have been very eratic but I think it is because he is overly enthusiastic to get involved in the game. For some reason I haven't seen him as scummy just yet, seems too easy a target..[/quote]

I am Very enthused indeed to be here :) I have enjoyed very much to be able to play this game online, I've loved playing this game at winter retreats, club get to gethers, and Family reunions. I am more than excited to get this game rolling, I just hope this excitement doesn't get me the first ticket out of here.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

FOS FK
If mufasa wasnt so blatantly scummy i would vote you. You vote a player, not knowing his circumstance and neglect a vote on a player who appears scummy. The "to easy a target" is not sitting well with me.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by broncofaninmd »

Gabe wrote:
Mufasa wrote:Just a random vote, no really, like I said in the first time I was questioned about voting for two different people I am trying to get chat flow, commentation, and reactions. Just trying to find where people stand, how they react and how others react tell a lot about what and how they feel.
This is starting to seem a wee bit suspicious. While it might be advantageous for townies to prod around and stir up conversation, it could also be good for the mafia: poking votes at different people and hoping that it catches on and, eventually, results in a lynch.
Prodding is one thing, but throwing votes around like its candy at a christmas parade is another.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Mufasa »

This reminds me of the first epesiode of Survivor: Tocantanis this year, all about first impressions. I quite honoestly being this is my first game on these forums, feel I can't vote any one of you guys out based on the fact I don't like making decisions without any facts. I therefore have to say my vote has just been to figure you guys out, and I am therefore going to have to once again bring my case to rest with a
unvote

I am very confused with a random vote day.. hm how much longer does this last?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”