Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by Azhrei »

ZEEnon, only stupid scum defend their partners, really. You should always try and keep your distance from your partners when you're scum.

Well, going by Hohum's latest posts... I'm starting to think he really believes that he has answered all the questions he should have. While I don't agree, I do find him less scummy for it.

Seb's latest posts, however, are not nearly so absolving. In fact, they're rather damning. But I don't wanna hammer just yet.

Basically, Seb, any last words? Wanna perhaps roleclaim? Anything ya wanna say that will magically make you super-townie?

Unvote
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:54 am

Post by seb456zig »

Azhrei wrote:Basically, Seb, any last words? Wanna perhaps roleclaim? Anything ya wanna say that will magically make you super-townie?
You want a roleclaim, then
Role:Vanilla Townie
. I have no magical abilities, and luckily im not a hated townie. I like the fact that someone (even though i accuse them of scum) pulls back a vote. What I don't like, is that Zer0ph34r seems to just be wagoning me for the sake of wagoning. For no real reason he pushes me to L-1. Don't I have the right to a fair trial??? Anyway, my dying wishes are that you look into Zer0ph34r more closely (only if i die, if not then ill do it myself)
[i][u][b]I'm slightly older than Ani, that makes me slightly better than him![/b][/u][/i]
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:56 am

Post by seb456zig »

also, not sure if this'll get me sympathy, but anyway. My bday is on feb21. I would GREATLY apreciate not dying on this day. Do you know how depressing that would be for me? If you truly want me dead, you can wait a couple days.
[i][u][b]I'm slightly older than Ani, that makes me slightly better than him![/b][/u][/i]
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:36 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

First, Azhrei didn't vote for you, so the vote he's pulling back isn't from one of yours. Second, deadline is today, which means that you'll day one day before your bday, so no problem! :)

And you're talking about a trial. I think that in the previous page you have failed such trial. If you are indeed a townie, you have acted at the worst of your abilities, making you look scummy with every post of yours. Any roads, in the endgame, it's better to have townies that look townies rather than suspicious townies that can lead us to a losing lynch.
If God wanted us to see the beauty of sunrises, He would surely have put them after 10:00 am.
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:14 am

Post by seb456zig »

Magus_Stragus wrote:First, Azhrei didn't vote for you, so the vote he's pulling back isn't from one of yours. Second, deadline is today, which means that you'll day one day before your bday, so no problem! :)
Firstly, damn (at him not pulling his vote off me that he doesn't have). Secondly, in Aus it is my bday right now. You want me to die, go ahead. But please look at the people that have voted me in the past. At least one scum must have voted for me at one point. I'm not realy sure which ones are scum but I have my theories that I'll take to the grave. Don't wanna get you following the wrong person now do I
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:29 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I didn't even remember about the deadline. Glad I decided to check the thread right before work.

unvote, vote: seb

First and foremost, a no lynch is a bad thing.

Secondly, I take exception to hohum's contention that he's answered everyone's questions. He hasn't even acknowledged my existence in this game, much less answered my questions. You could go through the game and if you were to read his posts you would have not a clue that I am in this game and I have posed several questions that have gone unanswered because he deems them to be "too vague" or some really crappy excuse along similar lines. If that's the case, he could ask for clarification, not simply refuse to answer questions - scumbags drag their feet and make excuses not to answer questions, not town.

With that in mind, however, it's apparent that hohum isn't going to be the lynch today. That's fine - if he continues to refuse to answer questions in the future, I hope more people will see through the crap excuses. In the meanwhile, I'll hope he'll attempt to be productive instead of a lurker extraordinaire.

So, coming to my third point, seb has been second on my list of most suspicious players for a while now, and so I'm comfortable with the town's continued pressure on him - much more so because I don't care for how he's squirmed in the limelight. He hasn't adequately explained his power role fishing or position shifting. I don't like the bad reasoning he has deployed for trying to get other people to be suspicious of ZEE. And the "don't lynch me on my birthday and forget about that whole deadline" line is so very unhelpful to the town. While I feel the quality of hohum's scum tells are of a greater weight (evasion of questions/refusing to answer questions is a pretty significant tell in my book), I think the quantity of seb's suspicious actions outnumbers any other player and simply cannot be ignored.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:05 am

Post by alexhans »

Green Crayons wrote:
Alex wrote:As far as I'm aware, a scum has no reason to distance from a townie that's about to get lynched. If anything, a scum is likely to keep the pressure up.
Could you explain your reasoning behind this a bit more? I don't really follow.
I didn't write this. Artem did and he answered. Just for everyone to know. though I agree with artem in post #271.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Artem »

[quote="Green Crayons"
unvote, vote: seb.

First and foremost, a no lynch is a bad thing.
[/quote]
The Mod wrote: 11. If a majority of votes hasn't been reached at deadline, the person with the highest votecount is lynched. In case of draw the person having reached the highest number of votes first is lynched.
---------------------------------------------

Also, I don't like that some of the players seem to have fallen off the edge of the world. Take Charrat, for example. Parked his vote on the biggest wagon and hasn't posted in a while, even though there have definitely been things for him to comment on. Worth looking at more closely, if Seb flips town.

Nevertheless, I do agree with the Seb lynch. I didn't move my vote because I wanted to maintain pressure on hohum, but, as is the case for several other players, Seb has been my second suspect for a while.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

yeah, regardless of if we lynch a mafia member or accidentally lynch a townie, at least it narrows down the options of who is scum.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:36 am

Post by seb456zig »

Bleh (by bleh i mean the sound one make when trying to breathe whist being lynched.

ooc: The mafia have more humane killing methods.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Final votecount of the day:

seb456zig
(6):
Magus_Stragus, alexhans, Charrat, ZEEnon, Zerophear, Green crayons

alexhans (1):
hohum

hohum (1):
Artem

ZEEnon (0):
Artem (0):
Azhrei (0):
Magus_Stragus (0):
Charrat (0):
Green Crayons (0):
Zerophear (0):

Not voting (2):
seb456zig, Azhrei

Today the town square was witness to a steady crescendo of suspicion and paranoia. Veiled insinuations had morphed into hostile bicker, which had degenerated into full-blown slander, and soon the good people of Quietown were flying unrestrained into each others faces.

Quickly enough the gathered crowd focused its attention on one individual. "What kind of name is Seb456zig anyway?" "Huh?" "Ye, shifty, unnatural those numbers." "Errh?" "Sounds German too." "Hmm?" "Zee Germans?! I hate them!" "Ye, me too. It's him I tell you!" "Let's lynch him!" "Wha...wait! It's my birthday, I don wanna die!" "Too late."

Seb456zig,
a townie
was lynched

"Embarrassing." "Well, he
was
German. I think." "...We'll bring cakes to his funeral." "Ye, let's call it a day."

And with that they went home.

Happy birthday Seb456zig, you are dead! Everyone else, you have 3 days to submit your night action if any :)
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by springlullaby »

After a vaguely unsettling night, Quietown gathers again hoping for justice, this time. It is therefore with quiet furor, and maybe dread, but markedly little surprise that the crowd surveys the sight greeting them: the pavement is today crimson anew, a stark contrast to the paleness of the corpse laying there with to bullets in its head.

Alexhans,
a naive cop
, has been killed.

Day 2 starts

Deadline set to March the 8th.

With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Also I have been asked if sanities were revealed upon card flip, the answer is yes.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:53 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Well, that answers one of my questions. We do have at least cop with a stuffy sanity. I'd be guessing that there's more.

Also, I'm very happy sanity is revealed on death, as that could've gotten very confusing. (thanks mod! :D)
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:03 am

Post by hohum »

Interesting NK choice. Scum got lucky? What does the naiveness of the cop do to the power of the role? Also if Alex was a cop why was he so active yesterday?

There was scum pushing seb's wagon methinks. Since there was a lot of attention directed at me I've got a lot of null reads so I owe you guys a reread. I will come back around and post my thoughts if I can today.
Magus_Stragus
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Magus_Stragus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:47 am

Post by Magus_Stragus »

Well, a naive cop is death. Well, at least it was one of the less useful roles. Even a vanilla townie is more useful than a NC. But any roads...

And hohum, please go ahead and state your opinion on all of this. Due to your fear of being lynched, you were very inactive in the past day, so I will like to know your opinion on Seb's lynch. Btw, I don't think it was a bandwagon. Seb just acted too much suspicious, and that was the reason of his lynch. It's true that chances are that scummies voted for him as well, but still, it was mostly his fault to get lynched.
If God wanted us to see the beauty of sunrises, He would surely have put them after 10:00 am.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:10 am

Post by hohum »

Magus_Stragus wrote:Well, a naive cop is death. Well, at least it was one of the less useful roles. Even a vanilla townie is more useful than a NC. But any roads...

And hohum, please go ahead and state your opinion on all of this. Due to your fear of being lynched, you were very inactive in the past day, so I will like to know your opinion on Seb's lynch. Btw, I don't think it was a bandwagon. Seb just acted too much suspicious, and that was the reason of his lynch. It's true that chances are that scummies voted for him as well, but still, it was mostly his fault to get lynched.
A wagon is a wagon, whether it was for good reasons or bad ones. This one just happened to be for good reasons on the surface but bad reasons overall.

Looking at the most vocal people on his wagon may or may not net us more scum, but those types of things should really be looked at in the context of multiple wagons and not just one. Since I was the only other person wagoned yesterday, it's going to be sort of hard for me to do objectively.

I think now that Alex has flipped, artem should be watched a little more carefully. I no longer think his screwing up alex's quote tags or FoSing him for a stupid reason early on in the game was a simple mistake or sarcasm as someone indicated. IGMEOY.

There's going to be more to follow this post up.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:03 am

Post by Artem »

hohum wrote: I think now that Alex has flipped, artem should be watched a little more carefully. I no longer think his screwing up alex's quote tags or FoSing him for a stupid reason early on in the game was a simple mistake or sarcasm as someone indicated. IGMEOY.
I don't follow the logic. Are you saying that I purposely tried to get alex lynched and when that didn't work, I shot him last night and that makes me mafia?

Also, mind answering the question I re-stated at the end of Day 1.

The night actions didn't change my view of hohum, so I'm putting my vote where it was the previous day.
Vote: hohum

I also don't understand the sudden spur in activity. Is there a reason you were laying low at the end of the previous day and taking a spotlight now, hohum?

Agree with Magus that Seb's lynch was mostly due to Seb's play. I, too, was considering voting him.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:09 am

Post by hohum »

Artem wrote:
hohum wrote: I think now that Alex has flipped, artem should be watched a little more carefully. I no longer think his screwing up alex's quote tags or FoSing him for a stupid reason early on in the game was a simple mistake or sarcasm as someone indicated. IGMEOY.
I don't follow the logic. Are you saying that I purposely tried to get alex lynched and when that didn't work, I shot him last night and that makes me mafia?

Also, mind answering the question I re-stated at the end of Day 1.

The night actions didn't change my view of hohum, so I'm putting my vote where it was the previous day.
Vote: hohum

I also don't understand the sudden spur in activity. Is there a reason you were laying low at the end of the previous day and taking a spotlight now, hohum?

Agree with Magus that Seb's lynch was mostly due to Seb's play. I, too, was considering voting him.
I'm saying that besides me you were riding alex pretty hard pretty early on, attempting to give reasoning behind a seemingly random vote. Very suspicious. Because of the way you rode him I'm inclined to think you're of opposite alignment.

I also don't have enough of a case to proceed to place a vote.

I'm not trying to take the spotlight. I'm being asked direct questions and I'm answering them. I would have done the same towards the end of yesterday too had I not been asked the same questions over and over again.

Please requote your question and I will attempt to answer it.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Artem »

@hohum: Can you define "pretty hard"? If I'm not mistaken, you too voted for Alex at some point, outside of the RVS and for a pretty poor reason. What makes my joking reasons during the RVS more suspicious?

Here's the question you didn't answer (again, quotes are included for context):
Artem wrote:
hohum wrote:
Artem wrote:
hohum wrote:Curious, why would you changed your vote instead of simply calling me out with a FoS, HoS or IGMEOY? And how could you be certain that you made the correct choice 3 pages in to day 1?
You have no problems flinging your vote around, yet somehow you feel that you deserve a special treatment. What's with the double standards?
It was a probing question, I ask it all the time.
And what do you generally get, besides the game preference debate we had happen here, which only distracted the town. Got any examples where it helped you catch scum?

Also, I was not answering the question. I was commenting on you asking it.
I would actually like you to provide several examples where you ask that question. Since you "ask it all the time", it shouldn't be a problem, right?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:34 am

Post by hohum »

Artem wrote:@hohum: Can you define "pretty hard"? If I'm not mistaken, you too voted for Alex at some point, outside of the RVS and for a pretty poor reason. What makes my joking reasons during the RVS more suspicious?
I don't buy "joke voting." I think you should be watched very carefully for even attempting to call that early FoS a joke. Most people don't even bother to attempt to attach justification to random votes. The fact that you FoSed him instead of Voting him only further reenforces my point because in the multitude of games I've played in so far you're the first person I've ever seen do a joke FoS.
Artem wrote:Here's the question you didn't answer (again, quotes are included for context):
Artem wrote:
hohum wrote:
Artem wrote:
hohum wrote:Curious, why would you changed your vote instead of simply calling me out with a FoS, HoS or IGMEOY? And how could you be certain that you made the correct choice 3 pages in to day 1?
You have no problems flinging your vote around, yet somehow you feel that you deserve a special treatment. What's with the double standards?
It was a probing question, I ask it all the time.
And what do you generally get, besides the game preference debate we had happen here, which only distracted the town. Got any examples where it helped you catch scum?

Also, I was not answering the question. I was commenting on you asking it.
I would actually like you to provide several examples where you ask that question. Since you "ask it all the time", it shouldn't be a problem, right?
It didn't help me catch scum, because you took the pressure off of it immediately by questioning me. You didn't give anyone a chance to respond.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

I knew I should've voted for hohum, not that it would've made an actual difference, though.
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:40 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Oh, I meant to say Charat, not hohum.
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Artem »

hohum wrote: I don't buy "joke voting." I think you should be watched very carefully for even attempting to call that early FoS a joke. Most people don't even bother to attempt to attach justification to random votes. The fact that you FoSed him instead of Voting him only further reenforces my point because in the multitude of games I've played in so far you're the first person I've ever seen do a joke FoS.
So I'm scum because I've done something nobody else has ever done before? Because everybody you've played with before has been a townie and I'm the first mafia role ever... O.o

C'mon hohum, enough with twisting null-tells into your agenda?
hohum wrote: It didn't help me catch scum, because you took the pressure off of it immediately by questioning me. You didn't give anyone a chance to respond.
I don't think you understand what I'm getting at. I called you out on the double-standards. You said that it's not double-standards because you ask that question "all the time". I'm claiming that you're lying to cover up your hind and avoid taking responsibility for the double-standards. My proof is the fact that you can't quote any other games where you've asked that question, meaning that you DON'T ask it all the time, meaning that you're making it up to cover up. Get it now?
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Artem »

Zer0ph34r wrote:Oh, I meant to say Charat, not hohum.
Why to both names?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:50 am

Post by hohum »

It's not a null tell. It's a slight scum tell. If it were a vote, it would be more of a null tell. The fact that you FoSed him is VERY telling. It shows that you potentially have inside knowledge of the setup.

A random vote is just that, a random vote. A FoS is actually saying "I have suspicion of you" and there was no reason to be suspicious of alex at that point.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”