tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:46 am

Post by tubby216 »

checking in will post thoughts soonest
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:49 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

zwetschenwasser wrote:In another game the person that said "I told you he was town. You should have listened to me" was the last scum.
Maybe. But this is Xtomx. I've come to expect him to hold contrary opinions as town, and hold his ground amidst opposion.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:49 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Sure you will..
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:33 am

Post by Phate »

Nononono. This is where we massclaim, else we have a repeat of yesterday.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:36 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Limited access... if you feel to replace me please do.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:32 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

I don't mind going after tubby today.

!vote Tubby
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Tanarin »

Phate wrote:Nononono. This is where we massclaim, else we have a repeat of yesterday.

This is the second day in a row you have asked fr a MC and it seems as if most of your content is about how we need to MC. Normally on IRC you never ask for one this early in the game. Something isn't right here.

!Vote Phate
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:42 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Tubby is scum, though.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Kevy »

It's very, very strange that Phate still wants an MC, and I don't think he's joking anymore. What's your reason?
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

Mass claiming is bad for town. It gives scum the layout of the players and lets them know who to target. This game is loaded with power roles, so night is like one of those "Black Box" games. Kills and protects are flying around, they're getting redirected and copied, or not. This is a "wacky" setup, so there are lots of possibilities. The more scum knows about what roles exist, the more they can kill who they want and manipulate the town.

In IRC, it is very common to scumhunt and lynch based on pure scumhunting until LYLO, and then mass claim and try to break the game. Because of all the power roles, this works. I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but Phate knows it, and he's jerking us around. I think Phate should explain why he wants to mass claim.

!vote Phate

Kevy, Tanarin, and Phate are three of the most-experienced IRC players in our town. They have each played over 1,000 games. Do not underestimate any of these guys.

Before we get too many votes going here, I want to comment about claiming at L-1. If we're going to do that, I think it's important that the person getting lynched doesn't claim until at L-1 and
told to claim by someone not voting
. Make sure that the lynching vote is there before you claim, and don't do it if you don't have to.
Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by Kevy »

Vir4030 wrote:Mass claiming is bad for town. It gives scum the layout of the players and lets them know who to target. This game is loaded with power roles, so night is like one of those "Black Box" games. Kills and protects are flying around, they're getting redirected and copied, or not. This is a "wacky" setup, so there are lots of possibilities. The more scum knows about what roles exist, the more they can kill who they want and manipulate the town.
True, and I agree. But realize, zwetschenwasser claimed MUP day 1 and he was not killed at night. Either scum did not get the kill that they wanted, or they don't seem to care what's claimed and what's not. Something's a little weird with zwetschen claiming (so quickly, and at Phate's request no doubt) a potential town killing role and him not getting killed at night. This leads me to believe that zwetschen should be one of the prime suspects today, although this may be what scum wants the town to do (lynch our MUP). I think everyone should just keep an eye out on zwetchen.
Vir4030 wrote:In IRC, it is very common to scumhunt and lynch based on pure scumhunting until LYLO, and then mass claim and try to break the game. Because of all the power roles, this works. I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but Phate knows it, and he's jerking us around. I think Phate should explain why he wants to mass claim.

!vote Phate
That's why I only asked him why he wanted to MC. I held off my vote to see if he had a good reason, and I find it a little overly-aggressive of you to vote him so quickly. Just saying.
Vir4030 wrote:Kevy, Tanarin, and Phate are three of the most-experienced IRC players in our town. They have each played over 1,000 games.
Do not underestimate any of these guys.
Now this is the part that's a little weird. Why mention any of that, at all? If you are town, you may have just put targets on our backs. The bolded statement makes it seem like you could quickly flop on any of us if we play too well or something. It's strange, to say the least.
Vir4030 wrote:Before we get too many votes going here, I want to comment about claiming at L-1. If we're going to do that, I think it's important that the person getting lynched doesn't claim until at L-1 and
. Make sure that the lynching vote is there before you claim, and don't do it if you don't have to.
This I also agree with but I'm not sure how well that can be enforced.

In regards to Vir4030, I get town feelings in general. I think the shady statements might just be because I don't usually see him type this much up.

I don't understand the tubby wagon (is there even a wagon?) at all.

Suspects today mainly should probably be Phate (until he explains his desire to MC) and zwetschenwasser.

Also, just for reiteration, roflcopter is town.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Phate »

Tanarin wrote:
Phate wrote:Nononono. This is where we massclaim, else we have a repeat of yesterday.

This is the second day in a row you have asked for a MC and it seems as if most of your content is about how we need to MC. Normally on IRC you never ask for one this early in the game. Something isn't right here.

!Vote Phate
The difference between IRC and here is that here we have lots lots more people
so unlike IRC where we mostly just play 'I believe this claim but not that one', in this game we probably have the opportunity to clear people. I absolutelycompletely believe we should claim tomorrow at the latest.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Phate »

Vir4030 wrote:Mass claiming is bad for town. It gives scum the layout of the players and lets them know who to target. This game is loaded with power roles, so night is like one of those "Black Box" games. Kills and protects are flying around, they're getting redirected and copied, or not. This is a "wacky" setup, so there are lots of possibilities. The more scum knows about what roles exist, the more they can kill who they want and manipulate the town.
I'm going to say this in as simple a way as I can manage.

Massclaims... break... IRC setups.

The greater the concentration of powerroles, the more important information becomes for town and the less important it becomes for scum. In a game with 8 townies, a cop, and three scum, it's stupid to massclaim. Throw in a doc and a mafia roleblocker and it becomes a little better to massclaim. Throw in a vig and make the gf kill-immune and it becomes still better, and so on. IRC games are at the very top of this spectrum (right under Tar's Mind Screw games).

So sure, massclaiming benefits scum. It benefits everyone in the game.
But it benefits town more.

Vir4030 wrote:In IRC, it is very common to scumhunt and lynch based on pure scumhunting until LYLO, and then mass claim and try to break the game. Because of all the power roles, this works. I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but Phate knows it, and he's jerking us around. I think Phate should explain why he wants to mass claim.
No, you've missed the point, and it's a point I've always tried to prove in IRC games and you guys almost always miss the point. The point is not to wait until lylo. By lylo, much of the claim's advantage is gone. The point is to massclaim early (ideally on D2, in IRC; in forum games, I think it's more like D3), and to massclaim on a day when nolynching would not lose a lynch. For example, assuming one scumgroup and no other killers, lynching with 4 players would be stupid. It's a much better play to nolynch and let the scumgroup kill down to three players before the lynch starts. This is due in large part to the fast-paced nature of IRC, which doesn't allow for lengthy cases or post analysis.

Also, (and I've always found this kind of obvious, but some of you don't seem to) you should almost always lynch after a massclaim, and you should almost always extract a claim before a lynch.
Vir4030 wrote:Kevy, Tanarin, and Phate are three of the most-experienced IRC players in our town. They have each played over 1,000 games. Do not underestimate any of these guys.
The difference between Tanarin and Kevy, though, is that Tanarin's good. Kevy's not in the same league; he's back in the second tier with you and Wulfy and the like.
Vir4030 wrote:Before we get too many votes going here, I want to comment about claiming at L-1. If we're going to do that, I think it's important that the person getting lynched doesn't claim until at L-1 and
I have no problem with this.

tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:04 am

Post by tubby216 »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Tubby is scum, though.
prove it
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
Empking's Alt
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Tan: How long have you been playing IRC?
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

tubby216 wrote:checking in will post thoughts soonest
Hi. Thoughts? Or were you planning to lurk in plain sight for two days in a row?
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:36 am

Post by tubby216 »

Hi there,

nope post coming but thanks for payin attention
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Tanarin »

Phate wrote:
Tanarin wrote:

This is the second day in a row you have asked for a MC and it seems as if most of your content is about how we need to MC. Normally on IRC you never ask for one this early in the game. Something isn't right here.

!Vote Phate
so unlike IRC where we mostly just play 'I believe this claim but not that one', in this game we probably have the opportunity to clear people. I absolutelycompletely believe we should claim tomorrow at the latest.
Cleaing people is all fine and dandy, but do you really want to give out all the power roles to scum so early? I mean dds are we have at least another protection role, plus cops. and that is just the bare basic of the power roles we probably have in this setup. The simple fat that we have had only one kill thus far means we have either had Docs/RBs getting lucky on protects or we only have one scum group. I rather we keep the docs protected by means of secrecy for now.

@Emp: I have been playing on IRC since Dec of 2007, and am currently an op on the channel along with Phate and Kevy.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:27 am

Post by tubby216 »

well i am unable to clear dgb at this point.

i find it odd how she was so accepting of uroe clearing of her even though he was mostlikely the lynch for today.

I still feel just because she didn't do anything nite 0 doesn mean she diddn't do anything nite 1, that with the emidate hop right back onto me agian is uspicious at best.
plus i also feel her play hasn't been all that pro-town.

i feel massclaim on day 2 is bad

so

!vote drippinggoofball
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Phate »

Tanarin wrote:
Phate wrote:
Tanarin wrote:

!Vote Phate
Cleaing people is all fine and dandy, but do you really want to give out all the power roles to scum so early? I mean dds are we have at least another protection role, plus cops. and that is just the bare basic of the power roles we probably have in this setup. The simple fat that we have had only one kill thus far means we have either had Docs/RBs getting lucky on protects or we only have one scum group. I rather we keep the docs protected by means of secrecy for now.
Phate wrote:
I'm going to say this in as simple a way as I can manage.

Massclaims... break... IRC setups.

The greater the concentration of powerroles, the more important information becomes for town and the less important it becomes for scum. In a game with 8 townies, a cop, and three scum, it's stupid to massclaim. Throw in a doc and a mafia roleblocker and it becomes a little better to massclaim. Throw in a vig and make the gf kill-immune and it becomes still better, and so on. IRC games are at the very top of this spectrum (right under Tar's Mind Screw games).

So sure, massclaiming benefits scum. It benefits everyone in the game. But
it benefits town more

tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by tubby216 »

phate i understand what you are saying, but you also have the better chance to fake claim and get away with it on forum mafi rather than irc,

i just think with the ammount of people we have left that mass claim this early would be bad for us in the long run
Kevy
Kevy
Townie
Kevy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by Kevy »

Phate wrote:Massclaims... break... IRC setups.

So sure, massclaiming benefits scum. It benefits everyone in the game.
But it benefits town more.
That's because in IRC, we can have everyone claim at the same time. We can't do the same thing here; massclaiming won't work unless we have the scummiest players claim first (which raises even more problems of deciding who the scummiest players ARE).

I don't agree, unless you want to be lynched so we can see where your loyalties lie. THEN we can take your advice if you come up town. At 15~ people (after lynch and night kill(s))a massclaim would still be beneficial (more to town), using your logic.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Empking's Alt wrote:Tan: How long have you been playing IRC?
Okay, this has gone on long enough. Empking's Alt has posted ONE (1) indicator of who he thinks is scummy in this game, and that only because he was prompted. No independent scumhunting whatsoever? Off topic postings. Why HELLO IIoA!

HoS: Empking's Alt

Why only the FoS? Because an even better candidate has emerged due to an extended meta-read. In other words, I finally found DGB's supertell: berzerking (focusing on a particular player with the intensity of a trained attack dog). Berzerker-DGB is town, passive DGB is scum.

I see no sign in this game of DGB focusing with single-minded intensity on a player. Coming from her, that's a HUGE scumtell.

!vote DrippingGoofball
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Vir4030
Vir4030
Townie
Vir4030
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Vir4030 »

Kevy, I can't really comment on if I think you're scum or not. My scumdar on you has never been reliable, and that was in IRC. This is the forum, and I feel like I'm getting the same unreliable reads. If you're scum, then you have an advantage over me on this one.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

||| MAFIABOT || VOTE COUNT (9 to lynch) |||
||| MAFIABOT || DrippingGoofball - 3 (roflcopter tubby216 Tarhalindur) |||
||| MAFIABOT || Phate - 2 (Empking's_Alt Vir4030) |||
||| MAFIABOT || tubby216 - 2 (DrippingGoofball Shadow_Knight) |||