Mini 732: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Mafia (Game Over!)

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Apparently, last night I targeted fuzzylightning.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Master Ruck »

To carry on with claims, I didn't commute last night.

Killing fuzzy, though. That seems detrimental to the town. He was the one who could say whether Rishi was killed or just protected scum. Doesn't matter now as both died, but it still feels like a bad choice for town to off the watcher.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, if we're popcorning, I want to hear hascow's target next.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:42 am

Post by Gorrad »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
Rishi wrote:I would say that Megatheory is extremely unlikely to be the SK. What SK would pass up the opportunity to make two kills on N0?
One that did not want to very quickly be lynched.
...why would he be lynched? "Hey, I killed X; I figured killing night zero was a good idea, and his role didn't look especally useful." Would you lynch him for that?
Yes. A vig kill N0 is unexcusable (In this situation. In future games where there might be odd circumstances, there may be a reason to do so.)

Curse Megatheory...I'd really like to know an excuse why he targetted Fuzzy. Because right now that's pretty suspicious- Fuzzy didn't seem that bad to me.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Master Ruck »

The fact that he turned up town should also prove he wasn't bad either, Gorrad. There's no seem about it.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Plum »

Master Ruck wrote:The fact that he turned up town should also prove he wasn't bad either, Gorrad. There's no seem about it.
If he
seemed
bad, he might have been a decent Vig target. The fact remains that off the top of my head I remember little about Fuzzy except that he was clever enough to watch for anyone trying to mess with Rishi's investigation-protections. Which is good, pro-town behavior. So I don't think Fuzzy was a very good Vig choice. However, a reread of Fuzzy and Mega might be in order. More later.
Master Ruck
Master Ruck
Goon
Master Ruck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Master Ruck »

Point. I meant there's no seem now, but there was back then which is worth checking into. Still waiting on cow next for claim I guess.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Gorrad wrote: Yes. A vig kill N0 is unexcusable (In this situation. In future games where there might be odd circumstances, there may be a reason to do so.)
Vigging night zero is generally a terrible, terrible idea. It just shortens the game and means the town has less lynches. It's especally foolish to kill someone night zero, because then you get absolutly no information from them.

In a game like this, it might be a little more understandable, especally if you target a role that's more useful for scum then town (say, a doublevoter or something); still, random deaths usually hurt the town more then help it.
Curse Megatheory...I'd really like to know an excuse why he targetted Fuzzy. Because right now that's pretty suspicious- Fuzzy didn't seem that bad to me.
Really? Because it looks like he really only made one post that had any content at all, on January 30th, and that was pretty thin. Granted, he had limited access problems, but I don't get how you could look at Fuzzy's day 1 posts and say "Gee, he looks pro-town to me." At best, he looks neutral; and considering how little Mega had to go on day 1, because there was so little actual scumhunting going on, I'm really not surprised that that was the best he was able to do.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Plum wrote:The fact remains that off the top of my head I remember little about Fuzzy except that he was clever enough to watch for anyone trying to mess with Rishi's investigation-protections.
Hint: If you don't remember anything about a person, they probably didn't do anything. If a person dosn't do anything day 1, they're a good vig target.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Gorrad »

I didn't say he was way protown to me. I'm saying he wasn't that bad. There are people I would have chosen before him, especially given his role.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Gorrad wrote:I didn't say he was way protown to me. I'm saying he wasn't that bad.
Well, he certanly wasn't that good. Killing lurkers and those trying to fly under the radar is a very good vig stratagy.
There are people I would have chosen before him, especially given his role.
Ok, who?

Also:
Gorrad wrote: Also,
FoS: DanChaoFan
. How about we lynch those that we think are scum, hmm? It's a possibility that everyone on your don't-lynch list is anti-town. So don't limit options due to role.
Megatheory was probably following YOUR advice, and killing the guy he thought was scummiest without worrying about role.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, notice what megatheory said yesterday:
Megatheory wrote:
FoS FuzzyLightning
Fuzzy has posted nothing of substance outside of his action last night and roletheory. Granted, we've only had one serious wagon so far, but staying under the radar is a common scum strategy and that's definitely what I see him doing.
I don't get why his action was a surprise to anyone. It's not like anyone jumped in to say "No, I disagree with you about FuzzyLightning!" after he made that post.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I probably would have killed Danchaofan for doing the whole 'votes based on role' thing.

I'm not saying that his role should stopped Mega from killing Fuzzy, I'm saying that it was a factor against doing so when the argument for boils down to 'lurking'.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Gorrad wrote:I probably would have killed Danchaofan for doing the whole 'votes based on role' thing.

I'm not saying that his role should stopped Mega from killing Fuzzy, I'm saying that it was a factor against doing so when the argument for boils down to 'lurking'.
"Intentionally staying under the radar, posting without posting content" is a little more then just "lurking".

I might not have killed a watcher, personally; it's a pretty powerful pro-town role, especally in a smalltown game. Still, Mega made pretty clear he was suspicious of Fuzzy, and he had good reason for being so; all in all, it's not that surprising of a move.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Although; you wouldn't kill the watcher because of his role, but you'd kill the Jailkeeper? Really?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Plum »

Yosarian2 wrote:Although; you wouldn't kill the watcher because of his role, but you'd kill the Jailkeeper? Really?
The mostly-confirmed-town Jailkeeper? Yeah, Gorrad, hm?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Right, the whole protection thing. Forgot about that upon reread.

And yes. Watcher's basically a cop-type. If someone, say, the doublevoter targetted someone for a mafia kill and watcher was on the job? Busted. Jailkeeper has and always will be a serious mixed blessing.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Um...wait...looking back now...you had a chance to take the tracker ability, and turned it down? And the only excuse you gave was that you were worried it might get yo u killed, and you said you'd "rather have a protection ability", which is crazy.

You're right, cop roles are very important to the town. But apparently, your own self preservation is more important to you then helping the town is.
Fos:Gorrad
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Think logically. The protective roles were going to be occupied with each other and (I assumed) the watcher. If I took the role last night, I'd be killed this one with no chance to use it. Now, at least, if I survive this night I can protect someone the night after.

I didn't know we'd be almost out of protectors today. I didn't know we'd lose our last investigator. I knew that in a smalltown, there's a bloody large amount of power roles, and I'd rather not take a high-mortality role that requires me to survive a night to be useful when there are a lot of useful roles that people would protect. Would I have taken tracker if I had known that we'd be down two protectors and an investigator today? Probably so. Next time you know what the night kills are going to be before they happen, let me know, because it's pretty unheard of.

Sorry for the rant. Personal issues are making me bitter. Shouldn't effect activity.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Gorrad wrote:Think logically. The protective roles were going to be occupied with each other and (I assumed) the watcher. If I took the role last night, I'd be killed this one with no chance to use it.
If last night we had both a tracker and a watcher, and a confirmed innocent jailkeeper, along with a bodyguard that might protect one of them, it is not at all clear that you would be killed.

In any case, intentionally making your role less useful in order to get the scum to kill someone else seems less "pro-town" and more "scum who dosn't want to get crosskilled" to me. Especally since a scum wouldn't really want a watcher or a tracker role.
Now, at least, if I survive this night I can protect someone the night after.
...does that mean you didn't take the watcher role last night, even though you apparently realize that it's importance? We can wait until we get around to popcorning you if you want. Actually, let me change my order; Popcorn to Gorrad. I'm really interested in what you did last night.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Gorrad »

You know that when I take an ability, I can't use it until the next night, right?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Plum »

Gorrad wrote:You know that when I take an ability, I can't use it until the next night, right?
Gorrad's Role PM wrote:You're moist! Oh, and your name is Moist, too. Being a career henchman, backing others up is really your thing. Once during the game, you may PM me the name of a decesased player. You will take on that player's ability for the remainder of the game.
Which I take to mean that if, say, you requested the Cumulative Tracker role by PM from the Mod before the end of Day 1, you would have been able to use it last night. Further, you needn't have told anyone that you took the ability until the next day. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Wait...I thought it was a night power. Wow. I'm SMART. (Sarcasm. That's original!). I'll ask Glork if I can use it during the day. If so, I can at least protect someone tonight before I die.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmm. I was going to say don't take a protective role, take an info role, but if you took a protective role now it'd be a weak doc, which also is an info role that'll let you clear people. Anyway, whatever you do, the goal should be to get info; there are no real power roles left anymore, so protection is basically useless to the town now.

Also, don't tell the town if it worked or not until tommorow.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Way ahead of ya.