Newbie 745 - Town wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 am

Post by Spinach »

/Confirm.

The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
Who are the IC's?
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Spinach »

It's so early to start thinking about a No Lynch, but I can see why you did it if you wanted to stimulate discussion.

Vote: broncofaninmd

*poke* Hi.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by Spinach »

Gabe wrote:Hey everyone!

Vote: Seamus2008

Because names with numbers are hard to remember.
There is always Copy + Paste and abbreviations, :P
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by Spinach »

Gabe wrote:
Spinach wrote:
Gabe wrote:Hey everyone!

Vote: Seamus2008

Because names with numbers are hard to remember.
There is always Copy + Paste and abbreviations, :P
First thing to remember about me: I am the single most
lazy
individual you will ever know. Keep that in mind. :D
But what will happen when the posts get longer and you have to *gasp* read! and *GASP* Think?!? O.o
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Spinach »

Cops aren't stereotypically fat and lazy, they have to chase after people and shoot them with tasers!
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by Spinach »

Mufasa wrote:Idk what you guys mean by changing votes and stuff, this is my first round of mafia I really don't get whats so significant about changing votes and such
Concerning this, it would be nice to know how many games you guys have been in. I just would like to know for the sake of the first-timers, so I can get an idea of how much back round knowledge they have, and if someone throws the newbie, I can tell if this can work as an excuse.

This is currently my 4th game.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Spinach »

Newbie Card, that is.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Spinach »

Family:Kostic wrote: @ Spinach & Broncofanmd: How long did each of you last in the previous game game with the 2 of you in it?
Until the end. :) We were the last ones.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Spinach »

Mufasa wrote: @ newbie card theory I don't think people should give a "bye" to newbies because this thread is called newbie game therefore we all are pretty much newbs I think
No, I mean sometimes people like to try and shrug off scum-tells by saying they're a newbie and didn't know better. But I see this won't be a problem here since we have so many First-timers. :)
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Spinach »

Mufasa wrote:This reminds me of the first epesiode of Survivor: Tocantanis this year, all about first impressions. I quite honoestly being this is my first game on these forums, feel I can't vote any one of you guys out based on the fact I don't like making decisions without any facts. I therefore have to say my vote has just been to figure you guys out, and I am therefore going to have to once again bring my case to rest with a
unvote

I am very confused with a random vote day.. hm how much longer does this last?
It can last as long as it wants. Sometimes it's seven pages, sometimes it's less than one. I don't know when this is going to end.

Unvote: Bronco
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Spinach »

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
It's your friend, Mufasa. Try not to ask anything that can be easily answered there.

Also -- Please don't bring religion into this, Mufasa.
Also-Also, Nice quintuple post Bronco. <_<
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Spinach »

Seamus, Seamus, Seamus. . .

If he is town, and if he is lying, the only thing I can think of is that he wanted to 'go out with a bang' instead of just being lynched/replaced.

Mod: I will be out of town Friday/Most of Saturday. There for sure will not be a post Friday, and if I have time to post Saturday, it will surely not be a very comprehensive one.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Spinach »

Why would someone claim Mafia when they are not Mafia themselves?
He/She just wanted to ruin the game. . . how dumb. >_<

Also, sorry about not posting at the end of the last day. I
was
out of town, but when I got back Saturday my internet was broken and I had to wait until Monday to get it fixed. >_< Sorry.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Spinach »

neko2086 wrote:
Gabe wrote: I'm compiling a short list of my current thoughts on each player individually, and it should be ready by tonight.
Can we get this now?

BV wrote:I was waiting for someone saying something suspicious.
This is possibly the single scummiest thing said thus far, but for now,

vote: Spinach

You gave very little useful input yesterday. Who do you think is scum?
Mufasa seems the most to me. He posts a lot of out-of-game content, and yes I know 'he's just an overeager person!' but he is still not clear yet in my book.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Spinach »

The rest of your posts contain very little content, and absolutely no commenting on who might be scum (except for seamus).

So, anything else?
No, not anything else.

*sigh* I realize my posts do not contain very much content. I was told this post-game the last time. All I can say is. . .
I'm working on it.

Otherwise, Spinach never voted for Seamus. Trying to stay out of the spotlight since you knew Seamus was townie anyway.. no need to vote right.. Just sit back and watch... Scummy action IMO.
If I understand correctly, voting him would have killed him, and I was respecting Blade's request by not voting him.
I ask everyone to stop voting for Seamus until he has answered this question. In the meantime, we can continue what we were discussing before he posted and made his claim.
Also, I was out of town/had no internet the rest of the weekend, so I could not post/vote.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Spinach »

Mufasa wrote:I believe Spinach is scum, he was very quite day one, and he made the first jump on day 2. Spinach seemed to make himself look like Bronco's friend day one (from previous rounds) to make it seam to us to be impossible for Seamus to be Scum this time around.
Thererfore my vote is for
vote: Spinach
1. I told you, I was out of town Friday/Saturday, and when I came home my interent was out.
2. What is wrong with having a friend? If I was making it seem like a relationship when it wasn't, surely Bronco would have said something?
3. If I was scum, then why would I have shot my friend?

Also, why all the votes so quick? It makes me more suspicious of Blade/Mufasa, because it would make sense for them, if they were a mafia pair, to try and lynch me real quick.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #16) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Spinach »

Mufasa wrote:@ Spinach you didn't understand what I said, I said that you may have brought up the pregame relationship, and may have killed bronco, and now why would we think that you would kill off someone you had a relationship pregame with, that is what my vote is based off of. I now understand why you were quiet day one, but not ready to remove my vote
So you think I killed my buddy in order to clear myself by saying "Why kill me, why would I kill my friend?"
No. I did not do this.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by Spinach »

What I meant was that when I said that, it was not my intention to cover myself up as being mafia. I wasn't saying 'I didn't do this at all!' I was saying 'That was not the purpose of doing that'.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Spinach »

Mufasa, you asked questions and I answered them to the best of my ability. I don't see how this is not called defending myself. You seem to overlook a lot of things.

As for the activity, I just. . .don't know what to say. I was sure someone was going to put the final vote on me, but then the attention seemed to shift away. . and I was left confused.
(Not meant to sound like I was giving up at any point)
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Spinach »

Mufasa wrote:
Gabe wrote:
Mufasa wrote:Well spinach I'm calling you out on a claim and if you convince me your town then I will be more willing to remove my vote on you
I'm curious: when did Spinach claim anything?
no I am asking for a claim, because I don't feel he has provided enough iinformation to prove he is town and not scum
You think that a few bolded words and a role makes a person town-sided? <_<.
But it is the only thing I can do, I mean, just bold a few words.
Claim: Townie/Villager.

Are you pleased now?
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Spinach »

Heh-Heh, when I learned the game, they were called villagers, so it's remains of that slipping in. :P
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by Spinach »

Welcome Kison! Hopefully you will bring a little life to the game, as it has been slacking a bit lately. :-)
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #22) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Spinach »

In fact,
Vote: Mufasa
, for that vote and for the day one cop drawing post. I may move this, because I'm still reading. I'm not particularly fond of Spinach's play, either, but that vote definitely makes me uneasy.
What do you not like about my play?
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Spinach »

Spinach, when you have time, could you please give a brief opinion of all other living players in the game?
Ah, yes, of coarse.

Gabe
seems to be a newbie more than anything else. He isn't like most newbies that are completely new to the game, though. He seems intelligent, and so far has not done anything scummy at all that I can sense.
Mufasa
Seems most scummy to me at this point. Maybe it's his un-game related or me being unhappy when someone doesn't use a spell checker. With the cop fishing day one, and his feud with bronco, killed that night, it would make sense for him to try and call me out D2 by bringing this all up.
Bladewing Vorox
Him being surprised when nobody voted him D1 was a little weird, but he is probably our doctor anyways, and I believe him currently.

Everybody else sometime soon. Probably not tomorrow, but my brain is a little fried after another round of tests today, and I'm probably going to go to bed after I post this as I'm feeling a little under the weather.
Spinach
Spinach
Goon
Spinach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #24) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Spinach »

I'd really like more from hohum and Spinach in particular. Hohum for ignoring my question, and Spinach because he never finished up his rundown of the remaining players.
I'm in the process of moving, and I've only been able to work on the rundown bit by bit. It's sitting in my notes and I think I'll be finished with it tonight.
Being sick didn't help, either. >_<

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”