Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Possibilities: 1) ToD is un-vigable scum. I protected Gamma who tried to kill ToD, therefore nobody died.

2) ToD is innocent. Gamma and I are scum. We chose not to NK to make this whole illusion seem more real, and that's why nobody died. Bear in mind this means the real vig and doc would likely wait for a wagon on either of us to toss on their votes.

3) ToD is innocent. Gamma is a liar. I'm innocent. Gamma chose not to NK to make this whole illusion seem more real, and that's why nobody died. Bear in mind this means the real vig would blah blah blah.

4) ToD is innocent. Gamma is innocent. I'm the liar. Doc counter-claim hasn't happened, therefore the real doc is waiting for a wagon on me to add his vote, blah blah blah.

Vote Count:
Gamma - (0)
Knight of Cydonia - (0)
magisterrain - (0)
My Milked Eek - (0)
RestFermata - (0)
Trumpet of Doom - (4) Gamma, Knight of Cydonia, WhereIsTony, RestFermata
Wall-E - (0)
WhereIsTony - (1) Trumpet of Doom

With 8 alive, 5 votes will end the day.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

WARNING: Long, long post ahead.
Gamma wrote:If you can do a case without being snitty, I'll get back to you. My feelings are hurt.
You're right, I can see that I was a bit snappish there. All right, let's think about this calmly.

*breathe in... breathe out...*
*breathe in... breathe out...*
There we go.

Why you shouldn't have tried to kill me:

Your only stated reason for trying to kill me last night is that D2, I opposed a vigkill for that night, and you feel that I may have opposed the kill because I might be hit by it. There were two other players who expressed dislike of a vigkill N2 - RestFermata and My Milked Eek - so I questioned why you'd picked me to kill. Especially since at various points in the game, you'd thought them both scummier than you'd thought me or my predecessor up to that point.

However, both are claimed vanilla town. More specifically, both are claimed clarinet players. Their claims seem reasonably sincere to me - RF's (post 103) because it was the first clarinet claim and came from her predecessor (more on that in a moment), and MME's (post 323) because it was made to back up Nekka-Lucifer, whom RF replaced. I can see RF coming up with clarinet as a fakeclaim for vanilla, but I wouldn't guess Nekka would be able to figure that out on his own. For that matter, I wouldn't suspect MME of correctly guessing clarinet either. So the most likely scenario with RF and/or MME as scum involves pregame chatter where the other scum instruct(s) them on what would likely be good fakeclaims. Since I also don't see corporate as someone who would be aware that clarinet is the most common instrument in a standard concert band, RF and MME can't both be scum (because NL + MME + corporate = 3 people, which I think fills our mafia quota).

So at most one of
NL
RF and MME can be brass. If RF is brass, this means that the third scum must have been one of the people who were around at the beginning of the game and knows enough about band to know that clarinet would be the most likely vanilla role. I haven't gotten that impression from any of the original players, so I think RF really is a clarinet. MME is a bit hazier. If he's town, he's probably also a clarinet player, if for no other reason than he would have claimed whatever else he was if he's a different woodwind. If he's scum, by the time he claims, nobody's argued against clarinet being town, so he knows it's not wrong, and a check of Wikipedia would reveal that it's the most common instrument in a concert band, so he may have some idea that it's probably vanilla. However, D1, he also was willing to argue with you and Wall-E to make you two contribute, which I don't think is something scum would do.

Basically, MME is likelier to be scum than RF, but in about the same way that yellow is darker than white. They're both likely town, and probably vanilla.

Now, from here, we can go either of two ways: One, we can say, "Trumpet must have figured that of those three, he was most likely to be killed, so he didn't want a vig kill because it might hit him." This seems a bit off to me, because the people that agreed with an unrestricted NK would be agreeing
even though
they might have been NK'd. And it's rather weak reasoning for a vig N2. Or two, we can say, "Trumpet thought like two near-confirmed townspeople thought. He's reasonably likely to be town." I don't think it's at all hard to figure out which one I want you to believe.

Why you were roleblocked:

Why not? N1, you announced your kill beforehand. Since your proposed target was town, scum let you help do their job for them. N2, you didn't announce it, so scum wouldn't have known if you were going to hit them or not. They didn't have any good alternative targets or any good reason not to roleblock you (yes, those two are similar, I know), so they blocked you.
Wall-E wrote:Can you speculate for the town who the scum DID target if they roleblocked Gamma?
I can try. Most likely to least:
T1: RF, MME (claimed vanilla)
T3: Wall-E, Tony, ToD, KoC
7: magisterrain (hasn't done anything one way or the other, and probably not expected to contribute much to scumhunting)
8: Gamma
Wall-E wrote:
Which would lead to Wall-E's lying about having protected Gamma. Which would mean he should be lynched on LAL.
wat

If you wanted to disprove this theory you should have given an example that explained the night actions. The lack of a mafia NK OR a vig NK indicate that either a pro-town power role blocked Gamma-scum and I stupidly protected the mafia (in which case I'd feel really bad about claiming) or the more simple answer is that YOU are the scum.
Let's try this again.

Smart scum would not have attempted to kill Gamma, we're agreed. Thus: Either you're telling the truth and the scum are idiots (in which case town's likely to win anyway), or you're telling the truth and there's another doc who protected whomever scum tried to kill (but why would we have two docs?), or you're telling the truth about being doc, but lying about whom you protected (LAL), or you're lying about being the doc (LAL).

You want an example? Very well, then. Let's say scum try to kill MME. The doc protects MME. Gamma tries to kill me. Scum block Gamma. How's that sound?

And I didn't quote that much of RF's post entirely on purpose. When I logged on yesterday, I saw her vote for me, failed at counting, and thought her vote was the hammer. I spent a while making a "bah" post, then had to leave for a concert, got back, noticed there wasn't a lynch scene, went back, counted... surprise, I'm not lynched yet. The part I really wanted to quote was that last part of a sentence, and I just forgot to delete the rest.
Wall-E wrote:Possibilities: 1) ToD is un-vigable scum. I protected Gamma who tried to kill ToD, therefore nobody died.
Absolutely wrong. I'm not un-vig-able, and I'm not scum.
Wall-E wrote:2) ToD is innocent. Gamma and I are scum. We chose not to NK to make this whole illusion seem more real, and that's why nobody died. Bear in mind this means the real vig and doc would likely wait for a wagon on either of us to toss on their votes.
If this is true, they've been waiting for quite a while to counterclaim Gamma.
Wall-E wrote:3) ToD is innocent. Gamma is a liar. I'm innocent. Gamma chose not to NK to make this whole illusion seem more real, and that's why nobody died. Bear in mind this means the real vig would blah blah blah.
I don't doubt that Gamma's a killing role, be it vig or SK. The only way I can see him not being one is if Atlas/magisterrain is instead, which would explain why there was a kill N1 (magisterrain may have been planning to actually participate and simply got sidetracked before D2 actually started), but not N2 (as he seems to have forgotten this game exists). But I feel like I'm stretching a bit for that.
Wall-E wrote:4) ToD is innocent. Gamma is innocent. I'm the liar. Doc counter-claim hasn't happened, therefore the real doc is waiting for a wagon on me to add his vote, blah blah blah.
Of your four possibilities, this is the most believable - but then, who's doc? Can't be magisterrain, so if it's not you, it's either Tony or MME, neither of whom has posted since your claim, and I've already explained why I don't think either of them are doc (Tony because I think he's scum, MME because I think he's vanilla town). So I have problems with this, too.

How about: 5) ToD is innocent. Gamma is innocent. Wall-E is innocent. One scum's an idiot, and the other's AWOL.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by Wall-E »

5) ToD is innocent. Gamma is innocent. Wall-E is innocent. One scum's an idiot, and the other's AWOL.
In this example, who did the scum target?

The rest of your post is you trying to blind me with huge amounts of irrelevant text.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:39 am

In that example, they targeted Gamma. I thought that was implied (in that "one scum's an idiot" comment), but apparently it wasn't.

Therefore, most likely night choice scenario (ignoring why it shouldn't happen):
Gamma tries to kill me
Scum RB Gamma
Scum target Gamma
Wall-E protects Gamma

Sound reasonable?
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:48 am

Post by RestFermata »

That sounds pretty unlikely. I'd actually find it more likely that they NK'ed instead of both RBing Gamma and targetting Gamma at the same time, and that doesn't seem too likely because I doubt they could have anticipated that this mess would happen and set up a frame. I don't see any idiots here. Well, I don't know about magisterrain, because he's not saying anything, but as for the rest of us, we seem like reasonably intelligent people. And no one but magisterrain is "AWOL" as far as I can tell.

Look, I think it's pretty clear that ToD has been caught. If not, ToD, you still have to accept that that is the most likely explanation for everyone else, and we have to consider the most likely explanation, not some "this is also remotely possible" sort of speculative defense. Power role use doesn't give 100% reliable information--if it did, it would be overpowered. There are roles, both scum and town, to balance out PR's. There are also situations that can neutralize the usefulness of a PR, and if the scum both killed and RB'd Gamma while Wall-E protected him and Gamma tried to kill you, that would be one of them. But we have to consider the most probable scenario.

Basically, we're found a bunch of hoofprints, and we've concluded that they were made by horses. And you, ToD, are exclaiming, "But they could be zebras!" Yes, they could be zebra, but Occam's razor applies here. You'd probably lynch you too if you were in our shoes.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:21 am

Let's assume, for the sake of this argument, that I'm not NK-immune.

From here, there are only two possible reasons why I might not have been killed last night, and one doesn't work because the doctor appears to have been occupied elsewhere. Therefore, scum blocked Gamma.

So then who did scum try to kill? Well, either they tried to kill Gamma (which would have been their worst possible play, and in which case... you're right, "idiots" is probably too strong a word. Maybe "didn't think their kill all the way through?") or they went for anyone but Gamma, and the doc protected that person instead of Gamma (and for once, I'm just going to shut up and let y'all think through the implications on your own).

Naturally, all this depends on your accepting that I'm really not NK-immune. If you really want to think I am, I can't do anything else about it. I guess that old saying about leading a horse (or a zebra) to water is true. And since my attempt at starting an alternate wagon failed, I'm pretty much out of options at this point besides crossing my fingers and hoping y'all decide to start believing me.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Let's assume, for the sake of this argument, that I'm not NK-immune.
I've got that Freudian feeling here, for some reason.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Wall-E »

RF hit the nail on the head.

unvote: vote: ToD
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Well, there's the hammer. I suppose I'm lynched now, so I'll just say a few things and go.

It's funny... I wasn't actually told Gamma was our kill last night. My scumbuddy must have totally bypassed me - I think I even said trying to kill Gamma was a waste of time.

Wall-E, have fun tonight, since I'll be impressed if you survive till tomorrow.

RF, if you can come up with a better fakeclaim than bari sax, I wanna hear it.

Tony, you already know what I'm going to tell you, I don't need to say it.

KoC, I wish you well.

Gamma... okay, everyone else watch this man. Going into N2, I think he was the only one who thought I was scum and who would have tried to vig me. I find his skills lacking.

Short version: Bah, screw you all (except MME), and I can't wait for the post-game discussion.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:10 pm

Gamma and magisterrain are obvtown.
So sayeth the Cop.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by Wall-E »

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Gamma »

Fuckin' A.

After toiling in the outfield for hours, this made my day. :)
V/LA until I get a new computer
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Wall-E »

*high fives Gamma*

You played it well, ToD. You played it well. We got lucky, really.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Thanks. :) This must have been one of those times when poor play by a town PR ended up being good for town.

And I suppose at this point I might as well claim the
real
instrument RBT assigned me (French Horn).
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:34 pm

And, on an unrelated topic, happy Valentine's Day, everyone! :D
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

After a fairly short discussion, you decide that Trumpet of Doom needs to leave. In the end, he goes to his locker, and slams it open, revealing his
French Horn
and leaving the room.

Trumpet of Doom
French Horn Player (Mafia Roleblocker)
has been kicked out!

Night choices within 72 hours please.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

You wake up find that one of you again has not come to practice. Upon taking roll, you find that Wall-E does not show up. You go to his house, and see that his
bassoon
has been hung up on the wall, where it rests when it's not being used. He references that people were outside his house keeping him up all night.

Wall-E
Bassoon Player (Doctor)
- Forced Out N3

D4 begins! With six alive, it takes four to end the day.
Last edited by Riceballtail on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Anything useful, KoC?
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Wall-E »

bah
WhereIsTony
WhereIsTony
Goon
WhereIsTony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:03 am

Post by WhereIsTony »

Gamma, what happened?
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Gamma »

WhereIsTony wrote:Gamma, what happened?
I considered shooting you or MME tonight, but in the end I decided no kill.

And I guess Wall-E went to go protect me again.

And then he died, by my guess.

I'm guessing it was scumwork because it says there were people outside his house, as opposed to singular (I).
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:21 am

Post by Gamma »

so i'm guessing there's probably two scum left. that's what i think.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by My Milked Eek »

Internet probs should be fixed now. I got my laptop working as it should, but my desktop is still acting up. Which is weird because they use the same router... But I can't fall away anymore as I have the past days.

I also thought I posted something yesterday... Apparantly it didn't come through. Odd.

I think there's one scum left, Gamma. Two scum left would be a bit overboard for a 12 player game.

What did KoC get this night?
Is magister still here?

Because of his rather pro-town play I believe KoC being the cop and ergo his results to be correct. But just to be clear, what does an sk usually flip?

I don't like Tony, for his past behaviour (D1, will reread later) and absense during D3 (hypocritical I know, sue me).

And RF is also a suspect due to elimination thanks to KoC. I also agree with Wall-E about the bus, but I should reread more carefully to form my full opinion about it.
Eek
!
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:06 am

KoC got nothing, because KoC was being filled full of chemo, and therefore wasn't around to submit a choice. KoC is reading, though. And should also probably stop referring to himself in 3rd person. But still, I have two cleared players in Gamma and magister. Although, I believe that SK's generally flip as being town aligned, so it's not a guaranteed clear by any means. So, until I'm told otherwise. I have to pick my lynch from MME, Tony, and RF. I don't like how MME instantly calls out Tony and RF as suspects for reasons he is suspect too (Tony for D3 absence, which he admits to also doing; and RF "via elimination" when by that same elimination process he is also suspect).
Gamma
Gamma
Goon
Gamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Gamma »

My Milked Eek wrote:Internet probs should be fixed now. I got my laptop working as it should, but my desktop is still acting up. Which is weird because they use the same router... But I can't fall away anymore as I have the past days.

I also thought I posted something yesterday... Apparantly it didn't come through. Odd.

I think there's one scum left, Gamma. Two scum left would be a bit overboard for a 12 player game.

What did KoC get this night?
Is magister still here?

Because of his rather pro-town play I believe KoC being the cop and ergo his results to be correct. But just to be clear, what does an sk usually flip?

I don't like Tony, for his past behaviour (D1, will reread later) and absense during D3 (hypocritical I know, sue me).

And RF is also a suspect due to elimination thanks to KoC
. I also agree with Wall-E about the bus, but I should reread more carefully to form my full opinion about it.
um.

I'll just leave this here.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”