JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:39 am

Post by JereIC »

mathcam wrote:So we could consider Darkblade from changing this from a couple of votes to a bandwagon, or JereIC with the "4th on a bandwagon" routine.
Big ol'
FOS: mathcam
for trying a 4th bandwagoner rationale on me. I explained my reasons for voting Someone quite well before the crash, but in case you didn't see it, I said that Someone's claim that he didn't know Buttercup was suspect. I think that anybody joining a theme game will do a little research into the theme, and research into
Princess Bride
is ridiculously easy. Buttercup is the damsel of
Princess Bride
, so she should be one of the first characters you find. Because of that, I thought Someone was lying when he asked who Princess Buttercup was, and therefor was scum. The question could have been an attempt to distance himself from the kill that night.

Right now, I guess I believe his claim, although I find it suspect that he's just a Florinn towns-person in a game with the potential for more than thirty named characters. So I'll
Unvote: Someone
but still keep him on my radar with
FOS: Someone
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #111 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:22 pm

Post by JereIC »

Fishbulb, here's that list of charecters. There's 15 with pictures on that page (minus Mom, Son and Gramps), plus 20 or so listed only by name at the bottom of the page. I hesitated in posting it, becuase I figured it'd give scum a good resource to make up claims, but I just googled for it so they would have found it quickly anyway.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #230 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:31 pm

Post by JereIC »

IIRC, Inigo winds up in the townperson camp, hammered out of goard. He meets up with the giant, swears off alcohol, and becomes useful again. I bet you that Inigso is useless right now (insane? paranoid? ineffective?) but something needs to happen in the game for him to gain real powers.

As for DP, I'm thinking you should reveal who you targetted. We're still not sure what kind of cop you are, and we may be able to get some info from your target. Granpa seems like a really interesting role in this game, and opens the possibility of the grandson and mom too (for what it's worth).
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #259 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:44 am

Post by JereIC »

I think lynching mlaker is a
bad
idea. I think Grandpa is incompetant somehow, since the last person DP found to be scummy turned out to probably be a townie. It also doesn't make sense to me that we aren't trying to kill Leo again, if we're saying Grandpa is competent and Leo is scum. I bet it's something along the lines that Grandpa has misplaced his glasses, and won't see straight until someone returns them.

Right now, mikehart is looking mighty suspect to me. He says Grandpa is competant, despite evidence to the contrary, and he asked the kid to come out. I think he's trying to either a) lure the kid out, becuase mafia get some benefit from killing the little guy, or b) if no kid comes out, and mlaker turns out to be innocent, he can launch a lynch campaign against a cop. As such,

vote: mikehart
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #261 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:39 am

Post by JereIC »

And
FOS: Sugar
for asking why I'm not voting for Leo. I think we've got substantial evidence that Grandpa is not sane, and Sugar seems to be joining mikehart in not just ignoring it, but aggressively ignoring it.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #308 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:54 pm

Post by JereIC »

Unvote: mikehart
becuase it's mostly baseless now.

Instead of debating DP's sanity some more, which I think we've decided is a futile exercise, I'll just grab at some straws here and
FOS: Sugar
. She seems way too eager to get mlaker lynched, and seemed to just accept his guilt without question. Her telling me to vote for Leo was pretty weird too.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #317 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:24 pm

Post by JereIC »

Sugar wrote:
JereIC wrote:FOS: Sugar for asking why I'm not voting for Leo.

JereIC - You FOSed me on page 11, and now within 2 pages I've gone from asking you a question to telling you what to do. :shock:
The post you're upset about was written in response to yours on the same page, where Leo's ability not only got him out of his lynch, but somehow convinced you and a few others of his innocence. I simply don't agree.
JereIC wrote:FOS: Sugar. She seems way too eager to get mlaker lynched...
I'm eager to get scum lynched. He and Leo seem like good candidates to me. I'm willing to back off if either make a role claim that's convincing. So far, neither of them has. Does this really make me look guilty to you?
Hey, as I said I was grasping at straws. From what I've seen, I think mlaker and Leo make poor suspects. DP looks quite insane, having gotten two guilty results in two days, and one of those having already been lynched without them turning out to be scum (although Leo is not necessarily good either). Your suggestion to lynch mlaker as a test of DP's sanity seemed absurd to me, especially since there are easier ways to test him.

I suppose I see where you're coming from, though. They're the only two folks out there with guilty results on their heads right now. But I think forcing them to role claim may be too much. What if mlaker is some sort of cop who gets role information as results? Would it be worth exposing him to test DP's sanity, especially with Miracle Max dead?

Either way,
Vote: Dourgrim
is potentially a more useful persuit right now. It's really weird that he demanded Someone start talking "again", when Someone's last post was yesterday, and Dourgrim refered to it.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #349 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:14 am

Post by JereIC »

I have to admit, I've been waiting for a reason to unvote you, Dour (although I was expecting it to be somebody else suddenly becoming suspect), but, naw. I've found a couple of your statements odd, and now you seem to be ranting and raving about people voting for you (would you say ranting and raving to avoid attention?). Although your resistance to a roleclaim is admirable, I don't think I'm going to unvote you without one.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #357 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:43 pm

Post by JereIC »

Dourgrim wrote:
JereIC wrote:I have to admit, I've been waiting for a reason to unvote you, Dour (although I was expecting it to be somebody else suddenly becoming suspect), but, naw. I've found a couple of your statements odd,
and now you seem to be ranting and raving about people voting for you
(would you say ranting and raving to avoid attention?). Although your resistance to a roleclaim is admirable, I don't think I'm going to unvote you without one.
The
bolded
portioin of the above quote is false.
(See?
This
is the kind of stuff that frustrates me... :x )
At no point have I "ranted and raved" about anyone voting for me... as a matter of fact, I never mentioned the word "vote" at all in my last post except when referencing my own votes for Someone and subsequently mlaker. Please don't twist my words for your own purposes or to justify a vote, OK? If you think I'm scum, fine, but don't hide behind semantics to make yourself feel better about a vote you yourself said you've "been waiting for a reason to" undo.
No, you never mentioned people voting for you, but you did say,
Dourgrim wrote:And for those of you who are bandwagonning to hear a roleclaim from me... "get used to disappointment". The only thing I've done that's "suspicious" this entire game is form an independent opinion in this game, and it doesn't happen to agree with the opinion of the masses.
Bandwagoning sort of implies voting, except in the most unusual of circumstances. And I think your posts that, for example, say I "hide behind semantics" to make myself feel better in voting for you, or imply that we're all sheep for not agreeing with you and lynching two very un-suspect people, are pretty ranty and ravy, although that's up to interpretation. I stand by my statement, and my vote.

mlaker: Although I disagree with rite voting for you, I think he and Werebear really are independant of Dourgrim. I seriously doubt that mafioso would go about backing each other up in a such a public way.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #369 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:09 am

Post by JereIC »

I guess I'm seeing things from Dourgrim's perspective now.

Unvote: Dourgrim

FOS: Dourgrim
for still seeming really, really off. I agree that mlaker is seeming really, really off too, now.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #416 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:57 pm

Post by JereIC »

I don't feel at all good about this mlaker lynch. It's all started with a scum result from a cop with questionable insanity and a few off posts. His claim is wierd, but hasn't been disproven to my liking yet, and the real Old Booer hasn't come out yet to counter-claim. It just feels off, and I don't want to throw the last vote, even though his lynch looks certain.

On the off chance mlaker turns out to be scum, obviosly the next thing to do is look at Leo again.
FOS: Leonidas[/n]
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #417 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:58 pm

Post by JereIC »

Grr, I meant
FOS: Leonidas

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”